AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A little help... Desperate times

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2017
Hi! I will introduce myself very quickly. I live in a big city, a city that happens to be very expensive. I work full time in a multinational company, but my life goal is to have a Masters Degree to be able to have a better position and I love studying. I would love to quit working to just study but thats not happening as I need the money.

Long story short, as I do not live in the US and my country currency is so devaluated I guessed that being a camgirl would be awesome as what to many American models sound as nothing, in my country would allow me to pay a MBA.

Sadly, I have been for 2-3 hours during a few days on Chaturbate and I have not earned a single tip. 0 tokens. Not only that, but a guy ripped me off during a private. I am using my laptop webcam, is that so much of an issue? I am quite afraid of spending tons of $$$ (import stuff is expensive here) and not seeing any compensation in a short term. On my cams I am wearing lingerie, as my best assets are my boobs. Am I showing too much? Should I wear a blouse, maybe just with good cleavage?
I have already read tons of threads, but really no one seems to be fail as much as I do. I really want to achieve my dream but it seems so hard, to many it seems as easy cash. I am by not means beautiful, and I am a little chubby (Size 10), but I really dont think I am so horrible to not earn a single penny.

Please, give me some advices, or should I move to another site?

Are you saying that you've only done 3 hours over a few days? Or you've done 3 hours per day equaling 9 hours total? Either way this is not a long time at all. You just got started. Yes an inbuilt webcam isn't the greatest but that doesn't mean you can't make money with them. Lot's of cammers start out this way and with time and experience upgrade their equipment.

"I am by not means beautiful, and I am a little chubby (Size 10), but I really dont think I am so horrible to not earn a single penny."

This could be part of the problem. When I read this line it tells me that you are unsure of yourself. If I can pick that up with written words imagine what guest see written on your face when they enter your room? These guys can smell uncertainty and vulnerability. Try to be as consistent as you possibly can. If you can only do 3 hours try to make it the same time each day. It can take awhile for traffic to build up in your room on a token site. Since your using the built in webcam be extra sure that you're using a three point lighting system. Sometimes they tend to be darker. Lighting can help sharpen the image. As for your clothes where whatever makes feel your best. Best as in sexy and confident. Nothing worse than wearing something sexy but so uncomfortable that you fidget in it during your entire shift. It looks weird. That's all I got for now. I think you should put in more time on CB before you move on to another site because you just got started.

Personally I hated chaturbate and made like no money anytime I ever tried that site.

I prefer mfc and streamate myself but the mfc camscore can be a little daunting is all.

There is a learning curve for camming. Really, I wouldn't worry about the money in the beginning. However, have you completed your profile? Create a tip menu? Using any apps or bots?

Laptop cams are not the best, but you can always create a Amazon wishlist. You can put one on there.

Now you need to make your first tokens. I would suggest just recommend starting a crazy ticket and do a cum show. If you are comfortable with that.

Size 10 is nothing to worry about. Extra is a plus :)

Just wanna throw out there that even when i was on mfc with a camscore of 400 i made more on there than i ever did on chaturbate. And chaturbate is so full of the lovense and ohmibod stuff its difficult to make money on there now. It has changed a TON since those 2 toys came around.

Now Im a huge fan of private based sites. Streamate is the site I make the most money on now. It can get boring but its worth it when you need money.

And everyones advice thats on here is really good :)

Hello! I looked at your profile on here, you haven't linked your chaturbate page.
Have you set up a chaturbate profile? Create a tip menu and some tips about yourself? Any special deals members can tip for?

2-3 hours of camming per day, it doesn't really give your show a chance to pick up. For me, my show starts to pick up after 3 hours and the tips start to roll in. I am online for 7 to 8 hours a day. I am not suggesting you need to do the same. 5 hours is fine too.
Consistency is the key. You will also need to stick to your set hours. But find what hours work best for you first.

Remember, every model has a bad day or bad week, a bad month. It discouraging I know. It requires a lot of patience and confidents.

Camming is a lot of learning and trying to figure out what works for you, just keep trying until you nail it and stick with it. You could give another site a go, you could have better luck. You'll figure it out. Best of luck!

I've just been in the same position - I think you shoul stay on chaturbate for now, while you are still figuring yourself out.

The market is oversaturated and especially on chaturbate, you are not going to stand out with just camshows or tits on display when there are girls on the first page - groups even - diddling themselves already and it's for everyone (paying or no) to see.
Nobody is going to pay a lot for a flash or do a countdown for a show when there are girls already naked with antennas sticking from their butt if they don't know you and want to really see YOU.

It's either a game of being a special girl for them(works best on mfc, but it's better to go on mfc with a plan and videos ready) or offering something different, more rare. It's definitly easier to get attention from the start doing something more niche.

Know your boundaries and what you can reasonably do and check this any list of fetishes for inspiration. Here's some interesting ones:
http://uk.askmen.com/dating/vanessa/25_love_secrets.html
http://www.rebelcircus.com/blog/fastest-growing-sexual-fetishes/
Ready yourself for a lot of sexual exploration.

Sidenote: take no bullshit on Chaturbate. It applies to every camsite but especially Chaturbate. Don't be afaid to ban, silence and kick.

Last edited:
Reactions: KarlaKaress
And demand tips for PMs.
5tkn, 1tkn - there are people who won't even pay that much but will take all your time with conversation that will be just chitchat or attempt at dirty talk.
Why? I don't know. They can go to a free chatsite, talk to people there. Find a discord. Once the pms are tipped you will find a lot of them demanding or asking you to pm them and some of them will say it's for a private, or some proposition - pming them never lead anywhere for me, just a waste of time.
Insist on it.
It is exhausting to respond to hundreds "hi how are you"'s that lead nowhere everyday. That energy should be monetized.
My first time on chaturbate a guy pmd me with some convo and I asked him "Why are you not talking to me in a group chat instead?" he said "Because I can pm.", I replied with "They now cost 1tkn :)".
He left.
It truly reduces the amount of nonsense you have to deal with. Men who tip for pms are often looking to tip for more than that. And if they are just looking for conversation they can tip more.
Questions should also be tipped.
I saw someone selling attention for 30tkn - I'd personally wouldn't go that far, I feel questions are enough but it's up to you.

Last edited:
I started out using my laptops webcam and lighting was absolutely CRUCIAL to my success. Bad lighting = bad day. I agree with the suggestion above^ to use the three point lighting system (suggested on CGW). Also don't give up on Chaturbate! If you can work more than 3 hours per day, try that! If you can't, just try for consistency. Good luck, darling! :h:

Status
Not open for further replies.