AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A (not so) brief warning - Model Hottblondeuk

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just Me said:
What I really do not get is the victim blaming going on in this thread. Someone had a crime committed against them, yet somehow it is their fault for not knowing better. No matter how much money or time is involved in pursuing this, it is not up to you to decide if it is worth it. It could have been a completely obvious scam but it doesn't change the fact that the person doing the scamming is the criminal. If you don't want to read about it, don't. Definitely do not comment on it if you are just going to blame the victim.

We never definitively established whether it was a scam or not. Just assuming it's a scam doesn't make it so.

Just Me said:
What I really do not get is the victim blaming going on in this thread. Someone had a crime committed against them, yet somehow it is their fault for not knowing better. No matter how much money or time is involved in pursuing this, it is not up to you to decide if it is worth it. It could have been a completely obvious scam but it doesn't change the fact that the person doing the scamming is the criminal. If you don't want to read about it, don't. Definitely do not comment on it if you are just going to blame the victim.
I don't get it either. Pretty sure a model could be filmed kicking babies and some people here would still find a way to blame the baby. It can never be the models fault so they just blame it on anything except the person at fault. What if the guy had used tokens to buy a video or skype show or wishlist item and the model scammed him? Still his fault for going outside of the mfc rules? Are all dudes that buy videos or wishlist items or anything outside of mfc scammy too?
Probably best to just take the L and keep it moving
Best advice given so far in this thread.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Misono
yossarian said:
We never definitively established whether it was a scam or not.
lol I'm waiting for his next conversation with her/him to involve a sick gramma or medical bills.

Reactions: Teagan
Whyyyyyyy baby?

whyyy you make me kick you?

whyyyyyy

I would just like to chime in quickly and say that I have known Misono since late 2011. He is a very respectful, sweet and caring guy. Going the Paypal route - knowing him, he only did it to help the model because she told him it was better for her that way. Anyway, I trust him fully and if he was even the tiniest bit shifty, I would have been in a lot of trouble a long time ago(He is the only member that I trust with some of my personal info). And I know my word doesn't pull a lot of weight here or anything - but yeah. I believe Misono 100%. Ciao.:h:

AudreyAnna said:
I would just like to chime in quickly and say that I have known Misono since late 2011. He is a very respectful, sweet and caring guy. Going the Paypal route - knowing him, he only did it to help the model because she told him it was better for her that way. Anyway, I trust him fully and if he was even the tiniest bit shifty, I would have been in a lot of trouble a long time ago(He is the only member that I trust with some of my personal info). And I know my word doesn't pull a lot of weight here or anything - but yeah. I believe Misono 100%. Ciao.:h:

Wellll, nobody was really questioning his credibility so much as his interpretation of events. Nobody said "you're an evil liar," they were just wondering if maybe it wasn't what he thought it was.

Reactions: Gen and Nordling
yossarian said:
We never definitively established whether it was a scam or not. Just assuming it's a scam doesn't make it so.

It's not an assumption, it was a scam. If the model told absolutely no lies then her ex boyfriend logged into her myfreecams account, somehow at the same time as she was on cam, (maybe put a recording of her up in the room) pretended to be her in pm, persuaded someone to send him money through paypal, though seeing as paypal gives out real names, he persuaded him to send him money to her paypal account, (So he's hacked into her finances as well as her work site?), obviously no show is given. That is a scam. As the model knows he is doing this, (or it is just her doing this), and she hasn't taken precautions, like changing her username and password, then she is involved in the scam for allowing it to happen, regardless of whether what she's saying is the truth or not. It's not a situation where she fell asleep or took a few days to do a skype already paid for. It's a situation where she's actually said that the money has been taken. Seeing as it seems she hasn't actually sent any money back then her saying she'd send the money back is a downright lie.

And Punk, I don't think anyone would blame the baby.... Though I will agree with you, people are generally more inclined to believe models and distrust members. The reason generally being, there are more scamming members than there are models, which is obvious as there are way more members than models, but I also think the percentage of members scamming models is still dramatically higher than the percentage of models scamming members. I assume this is because if a model scams a member, word gets around and she'll end up losing out on money and members. For a model financially it isn't worth messing around and making enemies, whilst members can hide in the shadows, members who successfully scam models pretty much always get away with it. Because there are so many members who twist stories/think they get scammed when they really don't, or who like to badmouth models for no other reason than not liking them, then yes, it is understandable why members word generally has less credit than models. Sorry members, you just don't have as much to lose by talking out your arses than we do.
Even so, in this case I think the member made a decision absolutely any of us could have made. It was the wrong decision and now he knows better, but that's all he's actually done wrong here. Sometimes people make stupid mistakes, but jesus, I've seen models on here turn around and admit they sent a member $1000 because they told them they were going to tip them a massive tip , and obviously never see money back from it, we were much nicer to that girl than we've been to Misono. Although I'm pretty sure a few of us might have called her stupid.... at the end of the day, the girl made a mistake, yes it was something most people would have realised was a scam quickly, but unfortunately plenty of others have made that same mistake, and I'm glad she warned us about the member. Some people are more trusting than others. I hate that we live in a world where being trusting=stupid.

yossarian said:
AudreyAnna said:

Wellll, nobody was really questioning his credibility so much as his interpretation of events. Nobody said "you're an evil liar," they were just wondering if maybe it wasn't what he thought it was.

Yeah, I see what you're saying . But earlier on, someone called him an idiot. And said something to the effect of him ruining the model's life and endangering her anonymity. Perhaps I should have worded it differently - what I meant was - Misono is a good guy..if there was any chance that this wasn't a scam, he would give the model the benefit of the doubt. Saying he should "put away his magnifying glass" and stuff...well, I personally think it's commendable that he took the time to really find out the truth of the matter instead of just assuming it was a scam.

I'm happy to see some of the models, like Isabella, are not coming down on him and are actually looking at it in a fair light.

Well, I'm out. I've got a wicked flu and my computer is just begging to be thrown out the window >_<

Isabella_deL said:
I've seen models on here turn around and admit they sent a member $1000 because they told them they were going to tip them a massive tip , and obviously never see money back from it, we were much nicer to that girl than we've been to Misono. Although I'm pretty sure a few of us might have called her stupid.... at the end of the day, the girl made a mistake, yes it was something most people would have realised was a scam quickly, but unfortunately plenty of others have made that same mistake, and I'm glad she warned us about the member. Some people are more trusting than others. I hate that we live in a world where being trusting=stupid.
Buncha great points. Model gets scammed=not her fault,blame men Member gets scammed=his fault,blame him and insult him is usually how it goes. Cool to see people not fall into the Groupthink effect that seems so popular with camgirls.
Poor Misono. Dude prolly just wanted to relax and see some titties and he ends up having to deal with matters of principle and people insulting him.

Reactions: Teagan and LadyLuna
Dealing with that is the first thing you are taught in my line of work.

As this did drag out over 4 pages, I'll try and follow it through until conclusion now. All communication has dried up though, but I've obtained the reference number from the police, passed this onto the card company and will leave it in their hands for now. Obviously if I were to receive the cash directly, I'd cancel their actions. Gut feeling is that it's not going to happen though.

Thanks for the comments.

AudreyAnna said:
yossarian said:
AudreyAnna said:

Yeah, I see what you're saying . But earlier on, someone called him an idiot. And said something to the effect of him ruining the model's life and endangering her anonymity. Perhaps I should have worded it differently - what I meant was - Misono is a good guy..if there was any chance that this wasn't a scam, he would give the model the benefit of the doubt. Saying he should "put away his magnifying glass" and stuff...well, I personally think it's commendable that he took the time to really find out the truth of the matter instead of just assuming it was a scam.

I'm happy to see some of the models, like Isabella, are not coming down on him and are actually looking at it in a fair light.

Well, I'm out. I've got a wicked flu and my computer is just begging to be thrown out the window >_<

Its nice to see a model stick up for a member when the majority of the posts have been along the lines of serves you right and its only £40. I know I wrote 'I don't understand why some people are saying just forget it because dude your an idiot for even going there' for the record I don't think he was an idiot. It was was what I was getting from some of the posts (just wanted to clear that up lol)

I really hope you feel better and are resting as much as possible x

Misono I'm glad you got your reference number and sent it to the card company!! hopefully you will get your money back and can have fun on MFC again!

It does bother me that some models seem to be saying:

"suck it up and grow a pair...."

if the situation was reversed you know they would be bashing the member..(and rightfully so).

Reactions: Misono
DaddyDominant said:
if the situation was reversed you know they would be bashing the member..(and rightfully so).

Actually, the situation is reversed often and the advice is pretty much the same.

There's not a lot to be gained from bashing the person who scammed you. It happens, it sucks, but you just have to write them off and move on.

Learn from the experience if you can and recognize that it's the exception, not the rule.

As a brief update, they've appeared on my Skype tonight, offering shows. Sent them an instant message, but no reply as yet. Going to see what info I can get from them over the course of the evening, as there's bugger all on TV tonight.

Misono said:
As a brief update, they've appeared on my Skype tonight, offering shows. Sent them an instant message, but no reply as yet. Going to see what info I can get from them over the course of the evening, as there's bugger all on TV tonight.
I hope that you get what you need from them. I'm sorry that you feel you were scammed (still not 120% sure one what her intentions were). Good luck!

Reactions: Misono and Gen
candicehayes said:
Misono said:
I hope that you get what you need from them. I'm sorry that you feel you were scammed (still not 120% sure one what her intentions were). Good luck!

Thanks, my guess is switch and bait, basically. Their room is on MFC now but "Cam won't work!" which is kind of pointless. Seeing if I can get any info via PM while they're online, but doubt it. Was ignoring my PM anyway it seemed, so tempted to sort myself a 2nd premium account and try and glean some information that way.

Bit of a result, I guess. They've logged on tonight, and seem to have forgotten me.

Given me a new Skype account as well, which was odd. I went on the proviso of having another show, asked how to pay, and they wanted a bank transfer. Which is cool for me, because that means I need their sort code and account number.

Done some digging, and the sort code given to me is for a bank in Coventry, not London where the profile claims to be from. The name given on the account reference matched the surname to the ex, but the first name changed to a females name. This leads me to believe this is the ex scamming, in which case there was a scam and she was genuinely hacked but has so far failed to do anything about it, or she's actually doing the scam herself. Either way, this would make the ex around 2 hours away if the profile information is genuine.

Right now, I've left them in the belief that I've sent the payment as a bank transfer, and in the UK these are usually instant but can take up to 2 hours. I've not sent anything new, but I'm probably now in a position to alert that bank directly.

If it is a scam, it's becoming a bit of a joke one though!

Misono said:
Bit of a result, I guess. They've logged on tonight, and seem to have forgotten me.

Given me a new Skype account as well, which was odd. I went on the proviso of having another show, asked how to pay, and they wanted a bank transfer. Which is cool for me, because that means I need their sort code and account number.

Done some digging, and the sort code given to me is for a bank in Coventry, not London where the profile claims to be from. The name given on the account reference matched the surname to the ex, but the first name changed to a females name. This leads me to believe this is the ex scamming, in which case there was a scam and she was genuinely hacked but has so far failed to do anything about it, or she's actually doing the scam herself. Either way, this would make the ex around 2 hours away if the profile information is genuine.

Right now, I've left them in the belief that I've sent the payment as a bank transfer, and in the UK these are usually instant but can take up to 2 hours. I've not sent anything new, but I'm probably now in a position to alert that bank directly.

At this point, if you have not already done so, you should report this account to MFC. I am quite sure there is no ex and she is in on it with him, but even on the off chance her story is true the MFC account is compromised by someone other than the account holder. Report it to MFC and they might actually do something in this case.

Just Me said:
Misono said:

At this point, if you have not already done so, you should report this account to MFC. I am quite sure there is no ex and she is in on it with him, but even on the off chance her story is true the MFC account is compromised by someone other than the account holder. Report it to MFC and they might actually do something in this case.

Good point, actually. I did suggest to her at the time to just change the password, but I don't think it happened.

Shall pass on the information I managed to obtain tonight to the card company also. Any models able to confirm how payments are made, preferably in the UK? Are they just sent directly to bank accounts from MFC, i.e. MFC keep a record of the bank details? Or are they sent via a 3rd party usually? Wondering whether in contacting them, it'd be worth sharing the details I obtained tonight.

Alexandra Cole said:
I'm just curious: when she offered to pay you the money back, why didn't you accept it?

Since that point, I have said that's fine. She hasn't provided it though, as yet.

To start with, I was kind of against the idea of her paying me back, as I sort of believed it. But, as things progressed, I didn't believe the stuff she was coming out with.

I don't see it coming back directly from the "ex", and likewise I don't see it coming back from her directly.

Misono said:

Just my :twocents-02cents: but seeing as how the surname is the same as the "ex" but first name is female, she's either a.) married to said guy and you got rolled, or b.) there never was an "ex" to begin with and that's just her story to make guys who actually give a shit feel bad for her... I'd report her to MFC.

Glad you got some sort of headway made though. :)

candicehayes said:
Just my but seeing as how the surname is the same as the "ex" but first name is female, she's either a.) married to said guy and you got rolled, or b.) there never was an "ex" to begin with and that's just her story to make guys who actually give a shit feel bad for her... I'd report her to MFC.

Glad you got some sort of headway made though.

I agree. I don't think there is an ex. You can't lie on your bank account to change your name, you used to be able to but you can't now because of fraud. Same with Paypal. The only way there is an "ex" is if there never has been a camgirl and it's just some guy or girl pretending to be someone else, putting up recordings and scamming people as much as possible. The most ignorant scam ever.

MFC report sent, and I've given MFC the sort code, account number and model's full name that she gave to me. Openly admitted to MFC that I was daft in this instance, but hopefully they'll be able to tell if it's a genuine account hack and close it down if so.

If I was working at the MFC helpdesk, I would offer you now 10000 tokens at 0.5 cent rate if payed to my personal PayPal account, and after payment close your MFC account and add your IP/email to the blacklists.

Noticed she was online tonight, so I went into the room to ask. Rather than PM's, I just went straight for public chat. One guy piped up that she had done the same to him a few months ago, before we were both banned. I was also deleted from the Skype account tonight also. The excuse given to the other guy was that her cam just wasn't working properly.

Suggested that the other guy maybe drop MFC an email also, and will probably report that bank account to Barclays now as being potentially used in fraudulent activity.

Shame to see I wasn't alone! Hoping that MFC drop an email back about it, but not holding out much hope.

Misono said:
Noticed she was online tonight, so I went into the room to ask. Rather than PM's, I just went straight for public chat. One guy piped up that she had done the same to him a few months ago, before we were both banned. I was also deleted from the Skype account tonight also. The excuse given to the other guy was that her cam just wasn't working properly.

Suggested that the other guy maybe drop MFC an email also, and will probably report that bank account to Barclays now as being potentially used in fraudulent activity.

Shame to see I wasn't alone! Hoping that MFC drop an email back about it, but not holding out much hope.

That guy might have just jumped on the badwagon though, trolls do that. Also, public chat? Really? Of course she's going to ban you for saying that in front of other people!

SexyStephXS said:
Misono said:

That guy might have just jumped on the badwagon though, trolls do that. Also, public chat? Really? Of course she's going to ban you for saying that in front of other people!

Kinda expected it, but the PM's were kind of ignored!

Had some PM's come to me from a 3rd person, who sent £40 tonight to her via bank transfer. Shortly after sending it, something came up and she had to go apparently. Might be trolls, might be true. Just given them the mail MFC advice. Hopefully the more that say, the more notice they'll take in banning the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.