AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A (not so) brief warning - Model Hottblondeuk

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Misono I have been avoiding commenting in this thread, but I was once lied to by someone I had know for years. I decided to complain about my treatment, and started a long stupid internet fight. The only thing my long drawn out battle over my principles got me was a whole lot of nothing, unless you count my guilt for hurting her camming job as something.

I never really cared about the money, the Skype time, the raffle, or even the videos. I just wanted her to understand how much it hurt to have a person I had placed my trust in hurt me, and then do it again when I gave her another chance out of stupidity. I do not know if she ever understood what she did though.

I am not going to give you any advice Misono, but I will tell you I regret giving my problem the extra attention. I wish I had just put her on ignore and never looked back when she asked for another chance.

Shaun__ said:
Misono I have been avoiding commenting in this thread, but I was once lied to by someone I had know for years. I decided to complain about my treatment, and started a long stupid internet fight. The only thing my long drawn out battle over my principles got me was a whole lot of nothing, unless you count my guilt for hurting her camming job as something.

I never really cared about the money, the Skype time, the raffle, or even the videos. I just wanted her to understand how much it hurt to have a person I had placed my trust in hurt me, and then do it again when I gave her another chance out of stupidity. I do not know if she ever understood what she did though.

I am not going to give you any advice Misono, but I will tell you I regret giving my problem the extra attention. I wish I had just put her on ignore and never looked back when she asked for another chance.

Thanks Shaun, I can appreciate your stance.

One of the things I've always done is fight until there's nothing left, and end game is reached. But I'll admit it crossed my mind to just give up, but then they live to scam another day. Like I said, they got someone else with it tonight apparently, and if nobody actually makes a stand it'll continue.

If I can do something that can prevent this from happening to others, I will. I'm used to fighting long, drawn out battles, but I've have never got to where I am career wise if I had thrown in the towel during them. I realise this is a small issue in the grand scheme of life, but maybe the scare will be enough to put this scam to bed.

Interestingly, I sent a Whatsapp message to her tonight after I was banned from her room, as I thought maybe it's the ex hacking the account again. I got the reply back that "I'm not going to be using that account for a while xx".

I'm on annual leave this week, so have a bit of time to do some digging. Hopefully we can get somewhere with this soon though.

Reactions: LadyLuna
Apologies for the bump, just wanted to update on a bit of a development.

She sent me a whatsapp earlier on, asking if I'd like to Skype tonight. Agreed, and she added me back onto there.

[8:19:05 PM] alicia moore: up too you hunny 15mins..20pound xx
[8:21:25 PM] Misono: shall we say 20mins to wipe off that £40 you said was going to refund me? I'm happy to call it quits on that. Know my card company been looking at it, so if can get stuff sorted before they come back to me and ask me to take it further, probably work out for the best. That sound ok?
[8:22:09 PM] alicia moore: the card company will sort it for u huny then he will have to pay u the money back ?
[8:22:15 PM] alicia moore: so then youll get it back
[8:22:34 PM] alicia moore: ill let u know when iv got spare time, x
[8:23:05 PM] Misono: I did the initial bit of paperwork to dispute it with them, haven't heard anything else yet
[8:23:27 PM] alicia moore: i haave bills to pay and lots of men on here want shows for money, i though as u sasid u was bord u wonted a shw with me
[8:23:30 PM] alicia moore: sorry
[8:24:38 PM] Misono: oh I do, just I know you said you were gonna pay it end of the month, so was gonna say if can do the show now, then don't worry about refunding me
[8:24:54 PM] Misono: card company won't do anything further without coming back to me yet anyway
[8:25:35 PM] alicia moore: ohh i know its just i didnt get the 40 pounds i only got one payment for u which i did tell u that was for my number x
[8:27:42 PM] Misono: was sure that included skype show as well, sure that's what I read in the PM >.<
[8:30:30 PM] Misono: only going by what you mentioned over snapchat!
[8:31:08 PM] alicia moore: i dont have that hunny, i talk to u on watsappx
[8:31:20 PM] alicia moore: as soon as iv made 30pounds i can do u a free show x
[8:31:39 PM] alicia moore: ill message u when im done have insurance to pay tomora soo more online work for now ill let u know
[8:31:40 PM] alicia moore: x
[8:31:51 PM] Misono: okies, hope you get it sorted!

Also dealt with Barclays, who are the bank the account she gave for a BACS payment belongs to. They're now investigating the account, as well as my own card company, regarding the potential for fraud. From speaking with a friend who works in a different bank, that could well mean the account ends up frozen and the bank itself call in the police.

I'm going to let it pan out, but obviously if the show does happen this evening, I can call everything off my end. Hopefully can finally conclude this but, as I mentioned, I intend to get to the bottom of things.

Are you still fucking whining about this?

You act like bitch stole your old age pension. Are you really this big of a bitch ass pussy?

£40.00 ($62.00) is what you got took for. You've invested £250.00 ($387.00) worth of time and effort bitching and moaning about it.

Take your lumps like a man and move the fuck on already.

Reactions: Nordling
Sitting back and doing fuck all would be more of a "bitch ass pussy act" in all honesty. It'd be akin to being bullied in school, in the sense someone has taken your lunch money, and you just let them get away with it. They then feel they can get away with it, so they do it again but not just to you, to others who they see weakness in.

The weakness in this metaphorical situation would be the desire for a show. The model senses that weakness, and exploits it. They then try it again, and again and again until someone actually stands up to them. Hopefully at that point, they learn the error of their ways, and everything ends.

Misono said:
Sitting back and doing fuck all would be more of a "bitch ass pussy act" in all honesty. It'd be akin to being bullied in school, in the sense someone has taken your lunch money, and you just let them get away with it. They then feel they can get away with it, so they do it again but not just to you, to others who they see weakness in.

The weakness in this metaphorical situation would be the desire for a show. The model senses that weakness, and exploits it. They then try it again, and again and again until someone actually stands up to them. Hopefully at that point, they learn the error of their ways, and everything ends.

It sucks that you got taken BUT the minute you payed her by using the PayPal GIFT option you screwed yourself out of any recourse from your CC company or from PayPal. In the eyes of the financial and legal world you gave her a £40.00 gift no matter what the actual story may be. Personally I think that you are fighting a losing battle and it may be better to just let it go and move forward.
:thumbleft:

Feel like I'm repeating myself a bit here, but UK law works a lot differently. We're much better protected, and Paypal just calling it a gift doesn't make it a gift.

Misono said:
Feel like I'm repeating myself a bit here, but UK law works a lot differently. We're much better protected, and Paypal just calling it a gift doesn't make it a gift.
Uh, yes it does. According to the rules you agreed to when you signed up on Paypal. When you clicked on the Gift option you acknowledged it was a gift and not an item for sale. If you wish to push it with paypal then feel free. They'll discontinue your account most likely for fraud on your part. You were the one that frauded them out of their fees by doing the gift option.

Personally given a choice of being frauded out of a little money by a model or getting paypal after you for having frauded them I'd keep my mouth shut. But that's just me.

Doesn't quite work like that in the UK. Offer, acceptance, contract applies. Any dispute goes via the card company, not Paypal. The case is simple, in that I've sent money to someone, and it has then transpired that the money was sent to someone impersonating the person I believed I was sending it to. Should just be a simple open and closed case.

I don't actually use Paypal for anything else, so if the account goes then it won't bother me anyway. If I was obsessed with the person, because they are from the UK, Paypal would have to give me their home address if I asked them to, under Data Protection Laws. This is because there would be a strong possibility of legal action. But I'm not interested in that at all.

As an aside, they're back on MFC under a new account this evening. New account is Sexyukgirl21

Misono said:

You can try the UK angle until the cows come home but it won't help you. This is coming from a long term collector of vintage items bought and sold internationally. I have sadly seen this before and with plenty of people in the UK. Yours is not the first time that someone has paid for something by using the PP gift option and then never received their item/service. The end result is always the same.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/websc ... eu-outside

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marke ... h%20PayPal

And by using PayPal you agree to their TOS which is lengthy but if you don't believe what I am trying to tell you then you will find it in here. And you obviously broke their TOS by using it for adult services so they really owe you nothing help wise.

https://cms.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/marke ... le.x=en_GB

Your CC company doing a charge back is really your only hope here.

I can't believe this thread is now 5 pages long.

Brad said:
Misono said:

You can try the UK angle until the cows come home but it won't help you. This is coming from a long term collector of vintage items bought and sold internationally. I have sadly seen this before and with plenty of people in the UK. Yours is not the first time that someone has paid for something by using the PP gift option and then never received their item/service. The end result is always the same.

And by using PayPal you agree to their TOS which is lengthy but if you don't believe what I am trying to tell you then you will find it in here. And you obviously broke their TOS by using it for adult services so they really owe you nothing help wise.

Ok Brad, I'm going to clarify this for you. It's already been posted earlier in the thread, but still...

In a UK to UK transaction, it is the local laws that apply, so just because Paypal are registered in Luxembourg doesn't mean it won't apply to them. In the UK, a company can not legally insert a clause into a consumer contract which waivers them of responsibility. It's classed as an unfair term, and as such is, and has been, deemed unfair in according with the statutes backing it.

Along the same terms, Paypal would have to define adult services for it to be a legally binding term, as it's too ambiguous. It has to be there, otherwise it doesn't count. That's how the law in the UK works, as the person has a lot more protection.

If I've sent it to someone else who had convinced me they were someone, it's fraud by misrepresentation, and the money will be refunded.
If I've sent it to the same person and they're genuine, then it's a perfectly legal UK service that hasn't been provided, which is a different statute law again, and the money comes back to me.

UK laws trump anything Paypal puts in there, I'm afraid. That's just how it works, so in any case the money will come back to me. But if others don't get sucked in in the meantime, then things are going well.

And even though the battle was won, I feel like we lost it
I spent too much energy on it, honestly I'm exhausted

Even if you win dude you still losin. This scam will just move onto another site. Take solice in the fact that whoever is running the scam almost assuredly lives paycheck to paycheck in some tiny apartment. I get taking a stand but you gotta pick and choose which battles are really worth it.

Misono said:
Brad said:
Misono said:

Ok Brad, I'm going to clarify this for you. It's already been posted earlier in the thread, but still...

In a UK to UK transaction, it is the local laws that apply, so just because Paypal are registered in Luxembourg doesn't mean it won't apply to them. In the UK, a company can not legally insert a clause into a consumer contract which waivers them of responsibility. It's classed as an unfair term, and as such is, and has been, deemed unfair in according with the statutes backing it.

Along the same terms, Paypal would have to define adult services for it to be a legally binding term, as it's too ambiguous. It has to be there, otherwise it doesn't count. That's how the law in the UK works, as the person has a lot more protection.

If I've sent it to someone else who had convinced me they were someone, it's fraud by misrepresentation, and the money will be refunded.
If I've sent it to the same person and they're genuine, then it's a perfectly legal UK service that hasn't been provided, which is a different statute law again, and the money comes back to me.

UK laws trump anything Paypal puts in there, I'm afraid. That's just how it works, so in any case the money will come back to me. But if others don't get sucked in in the meantime, then things are going well.

Now, I think its just taking the piss and going into things wayyyyyyyyyyy too much now. You need to let this shit go. Its not healthy to be this obsessed. I know it sucks you were scammed but come on.

As for the BIB. Both the UK and Luxembourg are in the EU and EU Laws take precedent over National laws, so you probably find that the rules of Paypal are governed under EU Law and not National (I can't be arsed to go check)

EDIT - Just checked and yes its governed under EU Law.

Reactions: Always_Tim
Im kind of enjoying the updates and hearing what new lies she comes up with. Its a lil soap opera.

Some things that seem really odd to me are after the initial scam of payment being sent and her disappearing for a week.. she contacted YOU on Skype. Which means she was on her account, seen your name, and wrote to you. Im sorry but i know every person on my account as a friend. If there is someone new on there i would be thinking wtf, who is this, and maybe contact them asking how i knew them again. Not contacting them offering a show to the new mysterious stranger on my list. That right there tells me scam. But maybe some girls do so many they dont keep track and go through their list making offers....

Also the fact she keeps "forgetting you." Now if the initial one was her scamming ex then fine. But if someone contacted me telling me they paid me, i see they did, my ex took and scammed someone, i was told police are being involved, i offer refund, you agree... you better fucking believe i would remember your damn name. None of that would happen but im just putting myself in her shoes as if this all really happened and shes not the scammer herself.

The new skype name really could be her way of getting rid of her old account to cut ties with him. Thats not fishy. I would do the same if her story was true. Neither is her getting a new MFC account. If ex again had access to the other one it makes sense. Though im surprised MFC let that happen at all. Usually they will tell you to change your stuff and geoblock.

Reactions: IsabellaSnow
I only read the first page and the last page of this, but is baffling to me that this is such a huge discussion and why you are even bothering to still speak to her. I think you made things way more complicated than necessary and I don't really see how continuing to hammer on about it like a dog with a bone is going to help you.
o_O

Anarah said:
I only read the first page and the last page of this, but is baffling to me that this is such a huge discussion and why you are even bothering to still speak to her. I think you made things way more complicated than necessary and I don't really see how continuing to hammer on about it like a dog with a bone is going to help you.
o_O

Right? He just keeps coming back for more. Risked 40 pounds and lost it due to his own negligence to protect himself... Gets pissed about that. She offers 15 minutes for 20 pounds, but oh please just 5 minutes more and he'll forgive the whole thing! Not to mention all this public humiliation going on. Creepy, dude. No one wants to hear you bitch and moan about this anymore. Stop putting yourself into this mess and maybe things will start looking up? Just a thought.

I don't see him bitching and moaning.

I see him giving a warning, giving us updates on the situation, thinking out loud about how it could be legit as well as how it could be a scam, and defending himself against all the people sitting there making a big deal out of him trying to get his money back.

Personally, I hope he gets his money back, and I hope he does post here to let us know when he does.

LadyLuna said:

I see him giving a warning, giving us updates on the situation, thinking out loud about how it could be legit as well as how it could be a scam, and defending himself against all the people sitting there making a big deal out of him trying to get his money back.

Personally, I hope he gets his money back, and I hope he does post here to let us know when he does.

Same here. As much as I personally would have left it and just wouldn't bother, he's clearly following it through, and I'm kind of curious as to what happens. It's not like him posting updates is hurting anyone, if you're not interested in what happens then ignore this thread.

I always like to imagine in situations like these I could actually track the person down and get the money back, I never do because honestly I don't think it's worth the hours of stress. I'm glad that there's at least one person who does think it's worth it and is actually going after it. This girl is clearly (besides being a complete idiot) a serial scammer, she clearly is making money out of it. I mean even if she only gets £40 a day off people that's the same as you'd get working an 8 hour shift in a minimum wage job. It also means that someone on minimum wage who's forked out for a show has essentially lost a day of their life that they'll never get back.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Misono
Ok, some updates.

The new account of hers has been banned, or at least deleted. I played along with the new account, and the details they gave confirmed it to be the same person. No money was exchanged.

On my online banking today, it is showing as a credit being issued back, so it looks as if the chargeback has gone through. I'll await the written confirmation from Halifax, but that may just be part of the investigation, and as such it might not be over with just yet.

I think one of the lessons models can maybe also learn from the situation is that, if you try and scam someone, they can legally obtain your real name, home address etc if they wanted to pursue it. I didn't go down that route, but could've done if I wanted to. All I had to do was claim that I'd be looking to bring legal proceedings against them, and Paypal would've had to have complied.

I'll post again when I get the written confirmation from the bank, but it looks to be resolved now.

Misono said:
I think one of the lessons models can maybe also learn from the situation is that, if you try and scam someone, they can legally obtain your real name, home address etc if they wanted to pursue it. I didn't go down that route, but could've done if I wanted to. All I had to do was claim that I'd be looking to bring legal proceedings against them, and Paypal would've had to have complied.

I think this is just another lesson to try and prevent models from using paypal full stop! Whether or not a girl had scammed someone, a member could claim this and get a load of this information. Though paypal does give out your real name regardless.

I'm actually quite fortunate when it comes to stalking, even if someone found out my real name or even my bank details, nothing is registered to my address or anywhere near where I live, it's all registered to a forwarding address. And it forwards to my aunts holiday house, where my mother picks it up a few times a month, and then finally my mother sends it on to me. I don't even use my full name on bills for privacy reasons. Essentially although you could find out stuff about me, you would never actually be able to find me unless I gave the information out. I advise other models make sure that even if someone found out some information about them out, it would never actually lead to their real address or hometown.

Most people don't have the kind of fear of stalking that camgirls have. Even the nicest, most chilled of members would probably do a little digging if given an easy lead or offered up information of a girl they really fancy and think is cool. In real life I wouldn't care at all if someone found me on facebook, I might even like it, so for most members they won't understand the difference. It's the same with companies like paypal. They probably don't have creepy stalkers on the brain when going about business, meaning they will not show the same caution as we would with our personal information.

Stay on myfreecams. There is no way in hell whatever the situation that myfreecams will back down and give a member a models real information. They may be shit at customer service and protecting camgirls from stalking, but I very much doubt they would actually help towards the stalking.

LadyLuna said:

It's not like I don't want this dude to get his money back, but there comes to a point where you have to admit maybe you've done a few things wrong, too. Like given a gift and expected it back. Or given your "scammer" another chance. Stuff like that. You know why I don't accept paypal for shows? Because I don't want to get scammed/in trouble/my account closed. You know why you shouldn't use paypal to pay for shows? For the same reasons. This should have been a case of "lesson learned" but it's still a "thing" and you've just got to wonder what it's really about... You know?

Mayaaaaa said:
LadyLuna said:

It's not like I don't want this dude to get his money back, but there comes to a point where you have to admit maybe you've done a few things wrong, too. Like given a gift and expected it back. Or given your "scammer" another chance. Stuff like that. You know why I don't accept paypal for shows? Because I don't want to get scammed/in trouble/my account closed. You know why you shouldn't use paypal to pay for shows? For the same reasons. This should have been a case of "lesson learned" but it's still a "thing" and you've just got to wonder what it's really about... You know?

The thing being, it was never really a gift. Just calling it one doesn't make it so.

You've got people on here that, all along, suggested to give them another chance. So I maintained the contact, as they'd given a word that they would put it right. A few weeks down the line, and they haven't done so, despite the chances to. Nothing would've been more enjoyable than for them to just turn around, own up, and either pop on to do the show as agreed or a refund. It didn't happen, be it for them not being able to do either of those, or just not being willing.

In your previous post, you mentioned that I'd made the offer of 20mins to cancel the whole thing, borrowing the bit about the £20 for 15mins thing. Reading comprehension would've shown you that she was asking for the money on top of what she'd already had. She'd had the £40 already at the point she offered me 15mins for £20, so by suggesting to make it 20mins to call off the £40 she was going to refund me anyway, it's an attempt at finding the compromise. Either way, that didn't materialise.

In any case, the cash is sat back in my account, for now at least. I'll update a final time once I've got that confirmation from the bank, just to bring this to a natural conclusion.

I also apologise to those with weaker willpower than my own who seem to be offended by someone taking a stand against someone who has done something deceptive, and hope that you would react the exact way you've suggested I should if/when that does.

Misono said:
Mayaaaaa said:
LadyLuna said:

The thing being, it was never really a gift. Just calling it one doesn't make it so.

You've got people on here that, all along, suggested to give them another chance. So I maintained the contact, as they'd given a word that they would put it right. A few weeks down the line, and they haven't done so, despite the chances to. Nothing would've been more enjoyable than for them to just turn around, own up, and either pop on to do the show as agreed or a refund. It didn't happen, be it for them not being able to do either of those, or just not being willing.

In your previous post, you mentioned that I'd made the offer of 20mins to cancel the whole thing, borrowing the bit about the £20 for 15mins thing. Reading comprehension would've shown you that she was asking for the money on top of what she'd already had. She'd had the £40 already at the point she offered me 15mins for £20, so by suggesting to make it 20mins to call off the £40 she was going to refund me anyway, it's an attempt at finding the compromise. Either way, that didn't materialise.

In any case, the cash is sat back in my account, for now at least. I'll update a final time once I've got that confirmation from the bank, just to bring this to a natural conclusion.

I also apologise to those with weaker willpower than my own who seem to be offended by someone taking a stand against someone who has done something deceptive, and hope that you would react the exact way you've suggested I should if/when that does.

Sry I cant understand because Im to dum lol.

Reactions: Gen
Status
Not open for further replies.