AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A Public Chaturbate Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Buck

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
Twitter Username
@rbeccabuck
Chaturbate Username
theloyalbuck
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/96418/Rebecca-Buck/
Hey all. There's a thread in the Model's Only section regarding Chaturbate. However, I know it's not a site limited to female models. So I was gonna see if the greater wide world of ACF would like to offer insight and opinions as to this particular camsite.

Now I've not been camming long. I started on MFC, did SM for a bit, and dabbled with C4S and ELM. I primarily just hang out on CB now, mostly because my other half Rooster really wanted to cam with me. So, we make a fair amount together, and we are combined able to reach a daily goal in a reasonable amount of time. Our primary income so far is camming, even though we have other jobs.

So, my questions for you guys, models and members alike:

What is your favorite app? Why?
How do you generally structure your shows?
Do you perform in public? If not, how far do you go in public?
Models: What are your rules, regarding PM privilges, Mod privileges, etc?
If CB is the main site you cam on, why do you prefer it over other sites?

I'm I have no idea what to do here at all its my first time? If any can guide me I would appreciate it ☺
There's a lot of good info on this site, look through the forums and use the search box at the top right.

Upvote 0
I realize this is mostly a community of broadcasters and not customers, but perhaps someone can clarify this CB trouble for me.

I've been pulling my hair out with Chaturbate's PM function. From what I understand, a regular user (non-supporter) cannot PM a broadcaster unless the broadcaster sends the user a PM first. At that point, it opens up a 12-24hr window where the user can freely PM with the broadcaster. Here's the problem: I will have a broadcaster PM me in the public room, and as soon as we transition to a private show, the system revokes my access to use the PM function.

Normally this isn't too bad, because the broadcaster soon types something in the PM window and I again gain access. However, there are occasions when the broadcaster is just staring at the PM window waiting for me to say something, and it's not letting me write any PM's. I try to get her attention by just writing in the regular chat, but most times that doesn't get their attention. If it's a 6token/min show, whatever. If i'm in a 30token/min show, it's a nightmare.

This seems nonsensical to me. Surely if a broadcaster grants you PM access in the public show, you should be able to freely PM them during your own private show automatically? I've sent emails to Chaturbate's support and they don't give me any good answer, other than I must purchase a supporter membership to use the PM function.

I can't figure out if this is a bug on my end, or just really bad functionality by Chaturbate. I'm thinking the latter, because I deleted my account to create a new one and the same thing happens.

I've been with them for over a year and I'm so close to moving to a different camsite, but I can't find any other sites that have a large number of couples broadcasting. For now I'm staying, but it's excruciating how bad their customer service has become lately.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I realize this is mostly a community of broadcasters and not customers, but perhaps someone can clarify this CB trouble for me.

I've been pulling my hair out with Chaturbate's PM function. From what I understand, a regular user (non-supporter) cannot PM a broadcaster unless the broadcaster sends the user a PM first. At that point, it opens up a 12-24hr window where the user can freely PM with the broadcaster. Here's the problem: I will have a broadcaster PM me in the public room, and as soon as we transition to a private show, the system revokes my access to use the PM function.

Normally this isn't too bad, because the broadcaster soon types something in the PM window and I again gain access. However, there are occasions when the broadcaster is just staring at the PM window waiting for me to say something, and it's not letting me write any PM's. I try to get her attention by just writing in the regular chat, but most times that doesn't get their attention. If it's a 6token/min show, whatever. If i'm in a 30token/min show, it's a nightmare.

This seems nonsensical to me. Surely if a broadcaster grants you PM access in the public show, you should be able to freely PM them during your own private show automatically? I've sent emails to Chaturbate's support and they don't give me any good answer, other than I must purchase a supporter membership to use the PM function.

You can also send a 1 token tip note to the model when you're in private. Normally when I've been in a private show with a model I've just gone straight into the public chat part as no one else can see that conversation.

But if this is a bug you can email support@chaturbate.com and explain what is happening when it happened and they will pass this information onto the tech guys to look into.

Upvote 0
Oh, I didn't know this would open the PM. I'm going to try that the next time I get a private, thanks.

Also I've sent emails to customer support before with this issue and they just told me to buy a monthly membership to "fix" the problem.

lol it doesnt open the pm up with the model, but they will see the tip note and then reply to you either on cam or in your pm section ;)

Yep I thought they might give that kind of answer, just reply to them asking thats not what you're asking or even stating.

Upvote 0
lol it doesnt open the pm up with the model, but they will see the tip note and then reply to you either on cam or in your pm section ;)

Oh of course, i'm dumb lol. Luckily today was an experienced broadcaster and when they didn't see me replying in the PM window they went straight to general chat.

It's mostly newer broadcasters where this is a problem. I've had couples stare at the PM window for 10 minutes just assuming i'm not there.

• Funny!
Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Oh of course, i'm dumb lol. Luckily today was an experienced broadcaster and when they didn't see me replying in the PM window they went straight to general chat.

It's mostly newer broadcasters where this is a problem. I've had couples stare at the PM window for 10 minutes just assuming i'm not there.

lol no problem.. if ya have any issues just shout. Theres always someone happy to help out here ;)

Reactions: Hybrid
Upvote 0
lol no problem.. if ya have any issues just shout. Theres always someone happy to help out here ;)

Be careful what you wish for. I'm loaded with questions :shame:

I noticed some channels have a gear in the bottom right corner of the video with different stream qualities (240p, 360p, 540p, etc.). Do broadcasters choose to implement this themselves? For me it's really annoying because I select the highest quality stream, and it keeps bumping me down to 360p. I usually avoid channels with that gearbox because it's too much hassle to keep readjusting it every minute.

If I was to take a guess, I think CB puts that quality control on broadcasters that attract hundreds of viewers. It's probably a way to regulate the server load but I don't know.

• Funny!
Reactions: roydz
Upvote 0
Be careful what you wish for. I'm loaded with questions :shame:

I noticed some channels have a gear in the bottom right corner of the video with different stream qualities (240p, 360p, 540p, etc.). Do broadcasters choose to implement this themselves? For me it's really annoying because I select the highest quality stream, and it keeps bumping me down to 360p. I usually avoid channels with that gearbox because it's too much hassle to keep readjusting it every minute.

This is a part of the new OBS (Open Broadcasting Software) that Chaturbate are rolling out site wide for models. Its also to help users who join a models room if they're having issues with a models broadcast, they can downgrade the stream to a resolution that their internet can handle.

Models will choose the resolution that they have on their broadcast before they actually broadcast, so chaturbates code automatically gives you the lower resolutions as an option.

If you're having a problem with changing to the highest resolution, you could try using it with another browser and see if you have the same issue.

Upvote 0
I've noticed that a lot of girls play popular music. I know in their TOS it is a big no-no, but it's also a no-no on MFC. MFC doesn't seem to mind at all, but CB seems hit or miss. Is it 'okay' to play popular music on Chaturbate or will it get you banned? Thanks. :h:

Upvote 0
If it is recognizable and copyrighted, then it can result in a ban if it is reported or found during general moderation of broadcast streams.

There are outlets that provide free-use music that sounds very similar (in many cases, to popular hits and can be used without repercussion in broadcasts. There are also some broadcasters that have arrangements with musicians that provide music for them to use in their broadcasts. In the case of free-use music, we strongly suggest that broadcasters keep a list of URLS to the services they are using in case of a report. That way, we can check the status of copyright on the music and handle reports much faster. With personal arrangements, we suggest the broadcaster ask for a written permission via email from the artist, so if a report is made, the broadcaster can present it to us for confirmation of legal, waived copyright for that broadcaster's use.

Please note that copyrighted content is a two-edged sword that cuts both way, friends. . . As a performer you don't want anyone taking your photos, streams or other content and using your hard work to make money for themselves, so why would it be right to take another performer's copyrighted music or other content that allows you to make money from their work? ;)

Reactions: robbiej and roydz
Upvote 0
Does anyone know what happens if you do not meet the minimum payout? Does the amount earned roll-over and you get paid whenever you hit the minimum? I started on the last day of an earning period and definitely didn't hit it.

Upvote 0
Best days and times to cum online... we generally do Friday and Saturday nites but lately they suq....

Help please Wev are an experienced couple.

Thanx in advance

Fred & jayne

Upvote 0
Best days and times to cum online... we generally do Friday and Saturday nites but lately they suq....

Help please Wev are an experienced couple.

Thanx in advance

Fred & jayne
i can help;)

Upvote 0
What is your favorite app? Why?
I usually use Keno X, Multi-Goal or regular tip Goal as my main Apps.

I like Keno X over regular Token Keno for a couple reasons. The first being you can set mini goals throughout the game. I have found that when my games are longer it can be a bit difficult to keep up your momentum but in Keno X you can have mini goals at 25% board cleared, 50% and 75%- I usually do 5 min BJ, Sexy strip tease, etc at each one because it helps bring more viewers into the room and encourages the members to think of the big picture and end show rather than solely focusing on the small prizes throughout. You can also have up to 250 prizes (I usually do 50). The only down sides that I can think of would be no group tipping and no ticket shows, etc at board cleared, so you would just have whatever you end goal is. Another thing I like about Keno is that you do not have to have a big goal at the end- you are already performing so many mini shows, members are just as happy to watch you clear the board.

Personally- I don't like the "no wasted tips" feature because I usually have a Dice Roll game going 24/7 so bigger tips always have at least 2 prizes (keno & dice) and in games with 50+ prizes, I will earn about 300 tokens more than I would have with tipping!

Also- the formula to calculate you net tokens for a keno game is (n/2)(n+1)
SO if you are doing a game with 50 prizes : (50/2)(50+1)=25*51= 1275 tokens

My favorite Bot is Dice Roll game because it allows me to put in a mix of more "pricey" prizes and smaller ones. I have "kitty close up", smile, see me doggy style (panties on) doggy panties off, suck fingers, etc. I like that it is low enough for many people to play but still has a good mix of prizes to where I do not feel I am giving a "free show". I almost ALWAYS have this going, and sometimes I use it as my App instead of a supplement to my Tip Goal and tip menu.

Tip menu 4sci is the best tip menu ever because you do not have to put your menu in order meaning if you think of something to add halfway through a show you can add it in super fast without reorganizing your whole menu. You can also split you tip menu into two separate lists (and make them different colors) which is really great for larger tip menus b/c members are a bit more likely to look through smaller lists idk it is just something I have noticed.

How do you generally structure your shows?

Usually I will log on with some sort of get naked and dance goal to get me inn the groove. It is always nice to use tip multi goal for this because it makes the goals seem a bit smaller. Then I will go to a cum show/fingering goal and the something else

Other times I will start with a Keno Game and have enough prizes to meet about 1/2 or more of my day's goal. Because I do not use group tipping I end up with about 300 more tkns meaning that I am closer to goal than originally anticipated. Then I will do some sort of fun striptease goal or a cum show goal to finish up my tokens for the day.

It is always super convenient to have a go to list of prizes/goals, so on days where your hoo-hah is sore or yuo are just not feeling it, you can still have a good show while taking it easy. Personally I am very tender and get sore SOOOO EASILY so I will try and do as many peep show goals/spreads, ass play etc. on those days. I never try and do kitty + booty shows in the same days so that I am able to cylce through different things and give my body mini breaks throughout the week. It is so hard to recuperate when your job is to literally play with yourself - so keeping your physical abilities and such in mind so SO IMPORTANT

Do you perform in public? If not, how far do you go in public?
I do everything in public. When I first started camming I was making half my money in private shows because it is more difficult to reach goals and get many tippers etc. Now I do not offer group shows (I never found them fun/worth it) and I mostly schedule privates outside of my normal shows just because it is hard to rebuild my room after a pausing my show for a private. I will leave my privates on in the first and last hours of my show when it isn't as big of a deal to have the interruption though. Private shows are a great way to make tokens but I feel that is only the case when you have talked about limits before starting the show. Otherwise you run the risk of leaving your room for 5 minutes, losing your viewers and then realizing the show just won't work.

Models: What are your rules, regarding PM privilges, Mod privileges, etc?
Basic rule of thumb would be if a member asks you to mod - never give them the privilege. I have only used a mod twice in the 4 months I have been camming. Beyond that, just make sure it is someone you really trust. I have "brief PM' for 12 tkns in my tip menu. I don't like pm becasue like privates, it can take your attention away from the room especially if the member is extra chatty (not saying it is bad, it just does). When people PM first i will usually say hello back but then direct them to my tip menu.. If a member is asking to PM about a private show but doesn't want to pay 12tkns for a PM I won't waste my time. It is $1.20 and they are already inquiring about a 60tkn/minute show - 12 tkns should not be an issue

I do have a couple members that I will PM without them tipping, or if someone buys a raffle ticket I will pm them for their email in the event that they win. Generally they are very cool about only using the PM to talk about business. It is totally up to you

also- if a member is a frequent tipper etc I will pm without the 12 tokens because I know they will make up for it later on, etc. It is just super helpful to have a charge for it for non regulars because it keeps you PMs from getting out of hand.
When I first started out I had PM for 6-8tkns (can't remember exactly) and there were a lot more people tipping for PM than now at 12 but I like it better this way anyways!

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the 4sci tip app recommendation! It was a pain in the butt changing my tip menu offerings before. I wanted to rate your post as helpful but either I'm still too new here or I just couldn't figure it out. Anyhow thank you so much! =)

• Helpful!
Reactions: Xfaithfulnessx
Upvote 0
I just wanted to say thank you so much for the 4sci tip app recommendation! It was a pain in the butt changing my tip menu offerings before. I wanted to rate your post as helpful but either I'm still too new here or I just couldn't figure it out. Anyhow thank you so much! =)

Bottom right of each post gives you the options of rating ;)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 23.44.23.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 23.44.23.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
I was cleaning up my "followed" list in CB last night and I noticed something odd...

Does anyone know how CB ranks the placement of models in your "followed" list? Is it done by how many viewers they had when they signed off? How many tokens I've given in tips or privates? My current favorite model is always in the very last position of my followed list, regardless of tokens spent on her. Meanwhile models that I have not visited in quite some time are always placed at the top of my list, even though they might not have been online for several days.

Upvote 0
I was cleaning up my "followed" list in CB last night and I noticed something odd...

Does anyone know how CB ranks the placement of models in your "followed" list? Is it done by how many viewers they had when they signed off? How many tokens I've given in tips or privates? My current favorite model is always in the very last position of my followed list, regardless of tokens spent on her. Meanwhile models that I have not visited in quite some time are always placed at the top of my list, even though they might not have been online for several days.

I'd have to check with Support, but I dont think theres any order for the follow list as mine is all over the place lol.

Some that I've only tipped a small amount and others who I've tipped alot at the top of the list & I doubt its followers they have or even how many viewers they've had. One I have who hasnt been on for a year is at the top and has less than 2k followers.

Upvote 0
Just a message for PunkBarbie or CB reps. I just noticed that some of my private information (like date of birth) which is not on my public profile is viewable on webcamstats.com which worries me a bit. Any advice?

Upvote 0

I'd have to check with Support, but I dont think theres any order for the follow list as mine is all over the place lol.

Some that I've only tipped a small amount and others who I've tipped alot at the top of the list & I doubt its followers they have or even how many viewers they've had. One I have who hasnt been on for a year is at the top and has less than 2k followers.

Ok so like you both I have always been curious but have never asked, but decided to take it on myself and contact support, here is their response for this matter:

Your list should be placed in the order they were added. Please let us know if you have any further questions.
Thank you,
Support

Upvote 0
Just a message for PunkBarbie or CB reps. I just noticed that some of my private information (like date of birth) which is not on my public profile is viewable on webcamstats.com which worries me a bit. Any advice?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. Web Cam Stats is an affiliate member of Chaturbate and management will be discussing removal of this type of information from their site with them.

You can also choose the option to not allow your account to made available to affiliate programs through your CB account dashboard. Please note, opting out this way only works for actual CB affiliates; it does not keep site scrapers and tube sites from accessing your CB streams. For those cases the only recourse is submitting a DMCA copyright violation notice, which can be done by email to Support@Chaturbate.com with the exact link(s) to the actual video that has been stolen.

Upvote 0
Ok so, I added a few other people to test the whole Follower Tab ordering/sorting and sadly it doesn't seem to work as intended.
I added 2 women that I have never seen or added before and one was added to the top of my offline users, whilst the other was 5th from bottom. So even if CB intended for them to show in the order you added them, it seems to be broken.

@punker barbie any clarification on this?

Upvote 0
Hello, i am model since 12 years and on Chaturbate since 2 years. Tonight when i was broadcasting i received an message from Chaturbate into my account with an warning that i asked payment..... (paypal, etc) and i am warned for that and that my account could be blocked. Is first time in 12 years when i feel the danger of beeing blocked on a website that i love, where i bringed members from other websites. beeing my base site. My question is how it is posible to receive an warning when u did not break any rule, considering i did not asked payment to anyone!!! But maybe from coincidence or not,also today an grey viewer was talking to me very dirty so i silent him and then blocked him but after many tries because he continued typing despite my silent button!!! So i pressume is a tehnical error?? and wrote to Cb.....On my model account xkeira i ahve more subaccounts(with broadcasters) so... it is posible because of an fake report ( i don't know , i pressume) to receive an warning? And if yes, how i can assure the other broadcasters are safe?????I am broacasting from my studio account (Cb says u can do that).But if a fake report can damage your whole work what do i do then???? And i want badly to know...when and how i asked payment...:((((Because i Know i did Not! I want to know if someone eligible would answer to my questions and teach me the steps to assure my work is safe...It is posible to have an account blocked just like that? despite the fact u did not break any rules? ??????

Upvote 0
My curiosity also is Shall i move my subaccounts to another account just because from my studio account i broadcast also, and i risk to have "Fake reports" and be warned, or blocked????Because from what i know i dont break any rule...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.