AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A Public Chaturbate Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Buck

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
Twitter Username
@rbeccabuck
Chaturbate Username
theloyalbuck
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/96418/Rebecca-Buck/
Hey all. There's a thread in the Model's Only section regarding Chaturbate. However, I know it's not a site limited to female models. So I was gonna see if the greater wide world of ACF would like to offer insight and opinions as to this particular camsite.

Now I've not been camming long. I started on MFC, did SM for a bit, and dabbled with C4S and ELM. I primarily just hang out on CB now, mostly because my other half Rooster really wanted to cam with me. So, we make a fair amount together, and we are combined able to reach a daily goal in a reasonable amount of time. Our primary income so far is camming, even though we have other jobs.

So, my questions for you guys, models and members alike:

What is your favorite app? Why?
How do you generally structure your shows?
Do you perform in public? If not, how far do you go in public?
Models: What are your rules, regarding PM privilges, Mod privileges, etc?
If CB is the main site you cam on, why do you prefer it over other sites?

nope, CB bans also ip addresses.
As a result, you can also see as model a list of resulting pseudos automaticaly banned as linked to users you banned effectively.

model should have "kick/ban" him
(Ban and silence are different notions on CB)

Upvote 0
One of the nice things about the "Ban" feature on MyFreeCams is that it bans the IP address of the member, and also the username. CB is apparently only banning the username. I had a situation the other day where some teenage pinhead hacker had created 100 grey accounts, and as fast as we could silence him he would pop in with the next account. Since they were all on a single IP (likely), if CB would allow a "Silence" action to silence all IDs on that IP for the duration of the silence, it would get rid of people like that.

Of course he could still switch to a new IP, login to one of his next accounts, and continue to harass the room, but that would take more effort for him, and at least it would slow him down. Some hackers would get bored and just leave.

The easiest and best thing CB can do to help, which they won't, is to make users have to verify their account OR at the least give models an option in settings to "only allow email verified users to chat".

Upvote 0
As a result, you can also see as model a list of resulting pseudos automaticaly banned as linked to users you banned effectively.

model should have "kick/ban" him
(Ban and silence are different notions on CB)

To further clarify, I am talking about "Silence" on CB not "Ban" on CB, which is unfortunate because it does not quite match to how things work on MyFreeCams.

Models often delegate silencing to a moderator. On CB, moderators cannot "Ban" a member (in the CB sense of Ban).

Blocking the IP address only applies to a CB Ban, not a CB Silence?

Upvote 0
The easiest and best thing CB can do to help, which they won't, is to make users have to verify their account OR at the least give models an option in settings to "only allow email verified users to chat".

Both valid points.... Of course CB has conflict of interest here. They want the advertising dollars, which they do not share with the model. CB probably realized that allowing non-verified members boosts their revenue from advertising significantly. Your proposal is a reasonable compromise to protect the model's interests while turning a blind eye to CB's messed-up business model that fails to align their interests with their models 100%.

Upvote 0
To further clarify, I am talking about "Silence" on CB not "Ban" on CB, which is unfortunate because it does not quite match to how things work on MyFreeCams.

Models often delegate silencing to a moderator. On CB, moderators cannot "Ban" a member (in the CB sense of Ban).

Blocking the IP address only applies to a CB Ban, not a CB Silence?

A CB silence is just on the account. It's why so many models will get trolls coming back and back because it's the moderator(s) silencing, and then they simply go make a new account.
The BAN doesn't always work against the IP. I have tested it a few times before (without switching VPN / IP) and sometimes it will ban all accounts you make with the same IP, other times it will not. I thought that maybe it was a case of needing to ban permanently, but that didn't make a difference either.

• Helpful!
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
A CB silence is just on the account. It's why so many models will get trolls coming back and back because it's the moderator(s) silencing, and then they simply go make a new account.

Right, hence my original post.

The BAN doesn't always work against the IP. I have tested it a few times before (without switching VPN / IP) and sometimes it will ban all accounts you make with the same IP, other times it will not. I thought that maybe it was a case of needing to ban permanently, but that didn't make a difference either.

That is even worse then, although it might be a more sophisticated hacker using multiple IPs on a VPN, each assigned to a different browser tab.

Upvote 0
Did anyone else's "ignore list" reset today?
Not sure how but I went into a few rooms with guys I know I have on my ignored list, and I can suddenly see their messages again - so I have to ignore everyone again.
Did it happen to anyone else? Or just me?

Upvote 0
Heya! So I just got done my second show on Chaturbate- it was -not- as successful as my first show. I worked for about as long but only made about a third as much money :/ but to answer the original questions in this thread:

I have only used Tip Multi-Goal so far. I should probably actually take care to adjust this and have my tip menu reflect what I'll be doing each show, but hey! It's newbie time for me.

I generally have my shows set up to start wearing something sexy and then work my way down into less and less clothing. I'm always caressing/ teasing and sometimes touching myself through my clothes, but also I haven't gotten to my goal for 'completely nude' yet -__-

In public shows (which have been my only ones to date, though I want to do private stuff also) I generally am pretty conservative- I mean, I don't want to show off too much for free/ cheap, but I'm not sure how to strike that balance between showing off and looking appealing versus actually getting clients to pay for the goodies.

And also I haven't made anyone a mod yet. I don't yet see the point/ trust anyone who is on Chaturbate, tbh. This is the first and only website I've ever used so that's the reason I'm there- I tried to get on MFC but I admitted that I was trans to them and then they wouldn't let me make an account (ouch.)

Much love and looking forward to getting to know y'all here,
--Chandler

Upvote 0
Am I the only model having my FPS and bitrate suddenly drop a lot (and then come back to normal) on the past days? Damn... tried a lot of things but couldn't fix it yet

Upvote 0
Am I the only model having my FPS and bitrate suddenly drop a lot (and then come back to normal) on the past days? Damn... tried a lot of things but couldn't fix it yet

Mine has been doing the same. I also get an error occurred message, but the room stays connected. Frustrating for sure!

Upvote 0
The path your traffic is taking from your house to CB could have a problem.
CB server your connected to, could be having problems.

Some times you can resolve these issues by switching to a different CB server.
https://support.chaturbate.com/cust...24140-chaturbate-video-pops-and-ingest-points

your ISP could also be messing with your connection.
Routing your traffic through a VPN can be one way to bypass any bandwidth shaping your ISP could be doing.

Upvote 0
Routing your traffic through a VPN can be one way to bypass any bandwidth shaping your ISP could be doing.
I don't think so.
Your ISP stays your link to internet even if you address all your traffic to a VPN.
So, you would still be connected by your ISP and add another furnisher in the loop (the vpn server).
You risk more to downgrade your bandwidth imo

Changing of CB server is an idea. To be sure, you can compare their servers by using their custom speedtest https://chaturbate.speedtestcustom.com/
(found from CB OBS help page)

Upvote 0
I know CB is fine with you providing a link to your own website but that they do not allow it if you promote other payment methods on your site for services they themself provide.

How strict is this? I plan to offer merchandise, subscriptions and links to my accounts on other sites, will this get me banned unless the only payment method is through CB tokens?

Upvote 0
I know CB is fine with you providing a link to your own website but that they do not allow it if you promote other payment methods on your site for services they themself provide.

How strict is this? I plan to offer merchandise, subscriptions and links to my accounts on other sites, will this get me banned unless the only payment method is through CB tokens?
I've been advertising my Onlyfans all over Chaturbate for the past month and a half and have had zero issues. :)

Just don't post links to another camsite, or say "you can tip me on x website for this instead" kinda thing and it's fine!

I've also subtly directed my people to my manyvids account but only in very occasional PMs, and I just say MV and my username lol

Reactions: Aiden Peach
Upvote 0
@punker barbie

Could cb make an option to make spy more expensive than pvt?

Example, model offers pvt for a low price but asks extra. Why cant the spy be more expensive than the base pvt?

Do you have any specifics in mind? From how you're explaining it, CB already does offer a very low PVT and then Spy can be adjusted to be the same or higher, up to a maximum of 30 tokens per minute.
So the lowest CB pvt is 6 per minute, you can then set spy to 6, 12, 18 or 30 per minute or completely have it turned off.

Upvote 0
@punker barbie

Could cb make an option to make spy more expensive than pvt?

Example, model offers pvt for a low price but asks extra. Why cant the spy be more expensive than the base pvt?
Spying is a less interactive and personal show than what the pvt person gets, I don't see why it should ever cost MORE than pvt.

Upvote 0
Spying is a less interactive and personal show than what the pvt person gets, I don't see why it should ever cost MORE than pvt.
the only way i could see this if it was a cuckolding thing or maybe to turn people away from spying because for whatever reason.

i know if streamate offered spying, i'd crank that fucker all the way up because i have people who would pay more just to silently watch.

Upvote 0

First, you can already do this, manually. You can set a low private price and a high spy price. There is also an option to disable spying. What about the existing feature set do you want to change?

Second, that would actually be a terrible strategy. CB puts models in privates on a separate tab named "Spy Shows' and viewers often travel through those shows looking for the cheap ones. If you have an interesting private show, this is a great way to acquire paying customers into your room. A low spy rate is a kind of loss-leader advertising strategy.

Reactions: Nigerian Prince
Upvote 0
the only way i could see this if it was a cuckolding thing or maybe to turn people away from spying because for whatever reason.

i know if streamate offered spying, i'd crank that fucker all the way up because i have people who would pay more just to silently watch.
Holy crap, a spy feature on SM would be amazing. It's really how they should structure privates instead of the 30 second creeper BS.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0

Because during the really low priced private shows for 6 or 12 tokens per minute the member in private usually has to tip additionally.

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Because during the really low priced private shows for 6 or 12 tokens per minute the member in private usually has to tip additionally.
That’s a smart strategy. So you charge an amount upfront then the per minute rate is super cheap but spies pay more... it secures a minimum token amount without using the abused min time feature

Upvote 0

[i know it's a 5-months-late reply but I wish to know if it was just a too-short post or there are indeed differences in these regards between a verified and an unverified CB account]

From my tests - unverified CB account:
If you ban a user that is at that moment in your room it does ban ALL usernames (old or new) created from that IP address+he can't watch even as anon, but while you have a list of directly banned users (and can unban individually) you can only see the number (NOT a "list") of pseudos automatically banned as linked to users you banned effectively and (if you want) only clear ALL of them.
If you ban a user that is not at that moment in your room(using the function to add the name manually to the list) only that username is banned.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there's a way to send an offline user a message on Chaturbate? I've searched but can't seem to find anything. The reason I want to PM someone is because I was having some internet issues last night and my stream cut out right after a new person entered my room and tipped me. It wasn't a huge tip but I still feel bad nonetheless and I just wanted to reach out to this person and apologize. I wrote down their username so I'm hoping I can find a way to do this!

Reactions: Olive
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there's a way to send an offline user a message on Chaturbate? I've searched but can't seem to find anything. The reason I want to PM someone is because I was having some internet issues last night and my stream cut out right after a new person entered my room and tipped me. It wasn't a huge tip but I still feel bad nonetheless and I just wanted to reach out to this person and apologize. I wrote down their username so I'm hoping I can find a way to do this!

Unfortunately not :/ One of CB's biggest downsides IMO.
When I need to contact someone I either post it on twitter,
or I post it in my Bio.. But with completely random users that just doesn't help at all. Collecting emails from regulars = key.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know if there's a way to send an offline user a message on Chaturbate? I've searched but can't seem to find anything.
Yes.
There is none.
It's a part of what makes CB different from other sites.
Users keep their privacy. When they are not in your room, they stay concentrate on the room where they are.... and it works both ways.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.