AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A Public Chaturbate Thread

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebecca Buck

Inactive Cam Model
Dec 10, 2012
Seattle
Twitter Username
@rbeccabuck
Chaturbate Username
theloyalbuck
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/96418/Rebecca-Buck/
Hey all. There's a thread in the Model's Only section regarding Chaturbate. However, I know it's not a site limited to female models. So I was gonna see if the greater wide world of ACF would like to offer insight and opinions as to this particular camsite.

Now I've not been camming long. I started on MFC, did SM for a bit, and dabbled with C4S and ELM. I primarily just hang out on CB now, mostly because my other half Rooster really wanted to cam with me. So, we make a fair amount together, and we are combined able to reach a daily goal in a reasonable amount of time. Our primary income so far is camming, even though we have other jobs.

So, my questions for you guys, models and members alike:

What is your favorite app? Why?
How do you generally structure your shows?
Do you perform in public? If not, how far do you go in public?
Models: What are your rules, regarding PM privilges, Mod privileges, etc?
If CB is the main site you cam on, why do you prefer it over other sites?

I wished for an offline messaging system on cb too for long. I had a "mail" like system in mind. Definitely not a chat like function like the mfc pm system, which strictly speaking is no offline function.

Upvote 0
Yes.
There is none.
It's a part of what makes CB different from other sites.
Users keep their privacy. When they are not in your room, they stay concentrate on the room where they are.... and it works both ways.

I tried using a workaround for models once, which used a PHP script + Image. People could click the image and type, click send, then the message they write would appear on the image. Said image, would obviously be placed in the bio. However, due to CB's images going through another host (camo.stream.highwebmedia or whatever it is), it doesn't work. :(

Edit:
Some kind of system where the model could set whether or not it would cost users to message them offline, and if so, how much per message (or for a 24hr period).
And if so, if they do add a price, fanclub members could message offline for free. So many possibilities and options for features.

Upvote 0
Yes.
There is none.
It's a part of what makes CB different from other sites.
Users keep their privacy. When they are not in your room, they stay concentrate on the room where they are.... and it works both ways.

I'm mixed on this. I think one of the benefits of MFC is that you can message someone when they are offline whether by PM or MFCmail. I think there's more pros than cons for this. In particular, being able to discuss a video or Private before doing it with the model. This allows her to discuss it with a customer/member without distracting her from the room. Also, in case there's an issue such as the one @tusqueducactui mentioned, it can be resolved or addressed quickly so as to prevent issues down the line.

On the flip side, one of the things I don't like about MFC is that anyone can PM and add anyone to the friends/bookmark lists at any time so they can see whenever you're online. I personally would like to see it where there's a mix of the two: I can friend someone but want the ability to appear as offline to them. Also, would like the abiliy to approve a friend request. The reason for this is that it'd be nice to enjoy the site without people seeing I'm online yet have the ability to send messages. This is a feature that many online (FB, IG, ACF, other forums, etc) communities have for the users to implement if they'd like.

Upvote 0
I'm mixed on this. I think one of the benefits of MFC is that you can message someone when they are offline whether by PM or MFCmail. I think there's more pros than cons for this. In particular, being able to discuss a video or Private before doing it with the model. This allows her to discuss it with a customer/member without distracting her from the room. Also, in case there's an issue such as the one @tusqueducactui mentioned, it can be resolved or addressed quickly so as to prevent issues down the line.

On the flip side, one of the things I don't like about MFC is that anyone can PM and add anyone to the friends/bookmark lists at any time so they can see whenever you're online. I personally would like to see it where there's a mix of the two: I can friend someone but want the ability to appear as offline to them. Also, would like the abiliy to approve a friend request. The reason for this is that it'd be nice to enjoy the site without people seeing I'm online yet have the ability to send messages. This is a feature that many online (FB, IG, ACF, other forums, etc) communities have for the users to implement if they'd like.

The pure fact of the model not "having" to give potentially personal emails and the likes, make it more beneficial and safer to have an onsite PM/message system. I think for this reason alone, especially since sites (CB included) tell models not to give personal info or at least to be very careful if they do. They need to try help models be able to do everything on their site.

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
Nothing worse than a new broadcaster who is doing so well in their first 2 weeks getting banned after their child runs into the room.
This happened this afternoon. Afaik, she is not even going to contest the ban as she knows there is no hope at all in being let back on CB do to it being a major offence.

Upvote 0
Nothing worse than a new broadcaster who is doing so well in their first 2 weeks getting banned after their child runs into the room.
This happened this afternoon. Afaik, she is not even going to contest the ban as she knows there is no hope at all in being let back on CB do to it being a major offence.
I think this ban was totally appropriate. CB is an adult site. Children shouldn't appear in any way. CB isn't a perfect place and is known as ban-happy with no clear reason but it was a right move in this case.
Nobody cares if it was just an accident. Children should be taken far far away. And it's their parents' responsibility to prevent happening something like that.

Upvote 0
due to CB's images going through another host (camo.stream.highwebmedia or whatever it is), it doesn't work. :(

It's really a good thing they started doing that, even if it does have some bugs.

All the images go through their CDN, and get optimized for the web. Which leads to better performance for customers.

It also means people can't use images to spy on people, track them, get their IP. Hopefully they're checking the images for viruses as well.

Upvote 0
It also means people can't use images to spy on people, track them, get their IP.

There was one room that I use to follow that did this. Tracking IP's with a hidden pixel to see who visited their profile when offline.
As well as people who used the flag counters in their profiles to see where in the world was their most heaviest of traffic/visitors.

Upvote 0
We finally got animated previews! I wonder if it will have any effect on users jumping in and out of rooms.

Is this for everyone or is it just beta for some users?
I mean, I don't have animated previews (thumbnails), presumably, that is what you mean right?

The way in which I WAS doing this was using a TamperMonkey script, but that has stopped working for a few days, so maybe this is why. However, I just turned it off and still there are no animated previews for me (I use Chrome)

Upvote 0
Is this for everyone or is it just beta for some users?
I mean, I don't have animated previews (thumbnails), presumably, that is what you mean right?

The way in which I WAS doing this was using a TamperMonkey script, but that has stopped working for a few days, so maybe this is why. However, I just turned it off and still there are no animated previews for me (I use Chrome)

Working fine for me. But you have to hover the cam with your mouse, then the (only 1) room animates.
on PC only
does not seem to work on chrome for smartphone

Upvote 0
Working fine for me. But you have to hover the cam with your mouse, then the (only 1) room animates.
on PC only
does not seem to work on chrome for smartphone

This is what I tried after disabling the TM Script but it doesn't work. Ir doesn't work with the script enabled either.
i am using Chrome on Desktop.

Edit:
ok just tried it in Incognito Mode and it works as a guest. If I then login to my account, it does not work. Strange.

Upvote 0
legacy / new site ?
english site for both ?
... :/

I didn't realise there was an "old"(legacy) and "new" for the main page? I thought that was only for the Player Page (model's room).
And yes English site for both, logged out and logged in (regular chatrubate.com url - no subdomain for another country)

Upvote 0
it's not related with adblock plus on my browsers
on Chrome, with adBlock plus blocking all fine : I've got the animations
on Firefox, same adBlock plus, no animation, even if I switch off adblock

The difference here (for me) between both is actually the localisation of the page I use in my shortcuts :
en.chaturbate => ok
fr.chaturbate => Not ok

when you connect to "chaturbate.com" it's redirected to your local page (it.chaturbate, ru.chaturbate...)
Bret, if you try to open your 'unconnected page' by using a private browser tab, it opens the en.chaturbate site (because it does not tell where you're from)

so, for Britney, that should be related with the 'tracking option' (but in a weird way i don't understand)

Upvote 0
@Brett M Are you using an adblocker? For whatever reason, the thumbnail previews don't work with adblock.

Unfortunately, it's not because of an ad blocker.
On my browser, I don't have one, but I do have something that replaces ads (Gener8) but I tested above in Incognito Mode, which browses the site with no extensions enabled. It works fine on the hover over when I view as a guest but as soon as I log in, it stops working.

@DoD404 it doesn't redirect to any other page, it just stays on chaturbate.com for me - it doesn't switch to "en.chaturbate". It never has.

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
So I just realized they limited the number of tags by 5 now, and it might actually be useful to use them for once. I remember when I first joined the site I found it annoying that most studio models would just use every tag they could, applicable or not. Nothing more annoying than trying to find a black model with tags, only to be met with a page of Colombians and Russians....

Upvote 0
So I just realized they limited the number of tags by 5 now, and it might actually be useful to use them for once. I remember when I first joined the site I found it annoying that most studio models would just use every tag they could, applicable or not. Nothing more annoying than trying to find a black model with tags, only to be met with a page of Colombians and Russians....

Testing it, it also SUGGESTS tags for you as you type, which is nice.
I hope this can help a bit, and stop people just using the wrong tags

Upvote 0
Has anyone noticed more cams having the same type of video glitch? Every 10 or 15 seconds part of the picture will get distorted and blocky. Sometimes it'll just be a portion of the image, other times the entire image. It's weird because I've been using this site for maybe 5 years and just started seeing it appear very recently. Is it a software issue? server side issue?

I'm doubtful it's on my end, because i'd load the page on two different computers side by side and it's exactly the same glitch.

To give a SFW example, it's kind of like this where some of the image will look fine and others will be all blocky and distorted, for a few seconds.

2QBm0Ka.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so uh........... whats up with the anime characters???

I'd LOVE to be one honestly. not have to worry about what i look like or what i'm wearing. genius.

But honestly if anyone has backstory or how this is starting to become popular I'd love to read about it.

Upvote 0
Is there another successful one besides projektmelody? Tons of stuff about this character can be found using Google. This character was developed over months before the first broadcast on cb. The amount of work is really impressive. Now the character seems to be present on every platform.

This may look easy when you see the streams. But I don't think this is easy at all.

Reactions: Olive
Upvote 0
Projektmelody did some great advertising when first starting out which was a very smart move and really banked on being the 'first'. They brought in a whole new crowd/their own traffic to CB. That's why their room is very different from many others (way less anons vs actual viewers)

A couple have tried to emulate that success (some with much better tech/graphics) but have not been able to.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but I do think there's more to it than just having the tech and then logging in expecting to get the same success, because CBs innate traffic will not be drawn to it.

Chloe the creator of the camsite Nood actually talked about making an entire camsite specifically for anime models called Fantaji: https://twitter.com/fantaji?s=09
Not sure if that will actually happen or whether it would work without "hype" and good marketing in the right places.The biggest issue with all camming is traffic and having the right (paying) traffic makes all the difference. I don't know if copying something in this case will be as fruitful as being the pioneer.

Not having to worry about stigma as much and being able to cam without having to put effort in the way you look is obviously a nice side to being an anime model, so might be worth trying/investing in. But I also think it's important to have actual in depth knowledge of the genre, because the people that room attracts are... intense lol

Reactions: dark_mermaid
Upvote 0
Your last sentence is SPOT ON! I think projekt melody is the most smoothline one.. the most.. uh.. realistic??

the others look like very nice filters. There is one I like to watch while i'm camming when I don't have anyone in my room and her clothes melt off with tokens? really amazing stuff. Hers is the closest one to Projekt Melody compared to the others that I have stumbled across.

Upvote 0
Has anyone's traffic took a hit recently? Last year I could easily make $50-$100 a night. Now I can hardly make $5. What is going on? I don't understand why that is happening. It's been like that since March. I don't think it's because of the pandemic cuz I am still doing the same on my other camsites.

I heard that they give you some traffic in your first months and then later it's gone.. that seems true cuz my traffic disappeared.

Has anyone ever experienced this on Chaturbate? It's making me really depressed lately. I can literally sit for hours with no viewers (not even anonymous).

I have no regions blocked, good connection, good lightening, good appearence, but absolutely nobody joins.

I really really love Chaturbate they are the BEST with amazing members and perfect payment methods!! and wish I could have that traffic back :( cuz they do have amazing traffic but for some reason its not getting to me

Upvote 0
Choked one of my fave models got banned - they work a studio but we developed a close bond off the site. I hate to see their main source of income destroyed for no particular reason. They are hoping to find out today and get that going again. :(

Upvote 0
my favorite app is multi goal, i set it at 1000 and i let it go... also got a menu for tippers who dont just wanna tip becouse im pretty :) . how far i go , i do flashes boobs ass but i dont flash pussy or do any shows in free chat, i keep private stuff for private:) i dont answer to pms im not losing my time with that, only mods can pm and only if its important and they know that , who want my attention need to take me in private , my time means money and i do money with a full room no need someone to tip me lil tks to fuck my brain on pm with his bullshit . Chaturbate is the main chat, i worked only on chaturbate in the last 10 y , for me chaturbate is my house, my family, nicest guys are on chaturbate, site easy to use noone kill you with stupid rules like other sites , noone bothering you ,.admins etc . and also Shirley is the sweetest person in the world, i know nothing cant go wrong becouse she is always there to help the models . I love chaturbate with all my heart :) becouse i opened a studio and have few girls now i started on stripchat also, worked well so we keep it , but stripchat is for me like chaturbate in the beggining ( no offense ) , im sure in time will be better . there wont be public shows anymore cb banned them 9 y ago after a lots of complains and problems, also need to add banners, block users and so on .. but both sites got good traffic if you know how to grow your room u can only win .

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.