AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A question about promises to tip.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious here. Wondering how often models chat with guys who say they plan to give a large tip (or buy an expensive gift) at some point in the future? How often do they make good on it?

I'm not talking about blatant attempts to scam, more interested in the bullshitter v. legit type of thing.

ALMOST NEVER. Like, 1%. Honestly, it's a ban-able offense in my room. I give a warning, then if it happens again, BYE. Like, don't tell me that shit. Just doooo it. Because I'm just tired of all the bullshit, empty promises, etc. Like, no. Stop. I'm sure most dudes mean well, but just no, lol. =P.

I publicly embarrass people who do that. I give them one time to show me if they are serious or not. (And it does go well about one third of the time.) But then I just call them out in public chat and my guys shame them and its good fun for us all.

Strangely enough, I don't think I have ever had anyone 'promise' me a large tip for the future. Maybe hints, but I take them with a pinch of salt as I NEVER expect a member to tip that amount in one go! If they do I feel undeserving... but of course happy and delighted!

I had one new member claim he was going to be my number one cumulative tipper for June (my birthday month), which to be fair was totally within reach and lovely of him to tip me every night I was online in big amounts of tokens. I think finally he was scared off by my monster tip on my Birthday which he might have hear about the next day... I haven't really seen him again, which is a shame, not because I want his tokens but because he was a nice addition to the room and a sweet and interesting person.
I am worried that because he didn't manage to get number one, he felt like he had lied to me and didn't want to embarrass himself... I may be wrong, but just a theory.

Like I say, I rarely get 'promisers' and even if I did I wouldn't believe it.

Any big tips I have had have usually been by regulars who like to give me a heart attack for shits and giggles :haha:

Ha!! I can really relate to this scenario! I've had multiple guys who have claimed they were going to give me the biggest tip or ask what my biggest tip has been & mention that "look out for them" when it happens. It's really embarrassing (I'm only assuming because of most men's pride/ego) when someone within the same setting comes along & tips enough to pay your car note & electric bill. When you get those big tips & they start coming more frequently than what your maybe not as heavy tippers are used to seeing you may not see them around until 2-3 months later after they've saved their money up to hit you with a big SHABANG! lol I have a few tippers like that who talk a big game, but when they see others who will do it so effortlessly & don't talk about it & just do it, you can bet your bottom dollar that you may not see ole bob in a lil until he gets his coins together! lol :) As always ALL tips are appreciated, but you'll always be waiting for that tipper who out tips your last biggest tip/tipper! It is fun to see your regulars come back with "their" biggest tips to show that they care too!

I hate guys that do this. They are trying to manipulate you in most cases. I think that he can say it but shouldt expect special treatment. I wont give special treatment to anyone when they do it. Like he can say it and it can be a fantasy and if he is in a pvt show, great! It´s all fantasy but if he expect free things on the promise of something bigger, then I would just say awesome well when you do we can .....

Genuine people will send without a big fuss most of the time.

I keep getting this shit, && I've decided, I'm going to call them out, because people keep fucking doing it to me, AFTER I'VE ASKED THEM NICELY TO JUST NOT SAY SHIT... So, whatever. Fuck it. This will be fun. ;)

Yeah, it's "Wimpy Tipping." "If you buy me a hamburger today, I'll gladly pay you back next Tuesday."

I actually did this with a certain model who I hope reads this. :p
I'd logged out for the night but was lingering as a guest and I used the Wimpy line on her to get her to show me her feet (she NEVER shows her feet). She thought it was funny enough that she actually did. But unlike Wimpy, I tipped her the next night for it.

I actually did this with a certain model who I hope reads this. :p
I'd logged out for the night but was lingering as a guest and I used the Wimpy line on her to get her to show me her feet (she NEVER shows her feet). She thought it was funny enough that she actually did. But unlike Wimpy, I tipped her the next night for it.
Was it a Tuesday night? :haha:

Just curious here. Wondering how often models chat with guys who say they plan to give a large tip (or buy an expensive gift) at some point in the future? How often do they make good on it?

I'm not talking about blatant attempts to scam, more interested in the bullshitter v. legit type of thing.
I'm relatively new to MFC....just shy of three weeks and I've already gotten large tips AFTER asking to do something. I do listen to every user but I've gained relations with certain viewers and I haven't been let down. If it's just a random viewer trying to convince you that they're going to do this for you I'd have my guard up. I would at least ask for PARTIAL tip....I've done this before and never get a response from those random promisers,lol. As for my loyal viewers I've never had any issues.

I'm relatively new to MFC....just shy of three weeks and I've already gotten large tips AFTER asking to do something. I do listen to every user but I've gained relations with certain viewers and I haven't been let down. If it's just a random viewer trying to convince you that they're going to do this for you I'd have my guard up. I would at least ask for PARTIAL tip....I've done this before and never get a response from those random promisers,lol. As for my loyal viewers I've never had any issues.

Yeah I have asked for partial tips before, and it works. But the reason I dont like doing even the smallest thing without a tip up front is because it starts small and gets bigger and bigger. And I don´t really get the issues, like if you are going to tip, then just do it. If you can´t until a certain date... it´s like going into a store and saying I want to eat this meal now but I will pay you next Thursday.

Sometimes a guy might have the best intentions, but then maybe his dog gets sick, or he gets sick or his card is stolen. Who knows! But it sucks to be promising something and then literally not be able to pull through, the model hates you, you kinda hate yourself and that she hates you. So it´s best to avoid that whole situation.

Yeah I have asked for partial tips before, and it works. But the reason I dont like doing even the smallest thing without a tip up front is because it starts small and gets bigger and bigger. And I don´t really get the issues, like if you are going to tip, then just do it. If you can´t until a certain date... it´s like going into a store and saying I want to eat this meal now but I will pay you next Thursday.

Sometimes a guy might have the best intentions, but then maybe his dog gets sick, or he gets sick or his card is stolen. Who knows! But it sucks to be promising something and then literally not be able to pull through, the model hates you, you kinda hate yourself and that she hates you. So it´s best to avoid that whole situation.
That makes total sense the way you say that. You never what could happen and at the end of the day it's still a job.

I think it really depends on the person and your relationship with them.

I think it's common for some guys to do this...and then intentionally find a reason to "get upset" around the expected time of this big tip.

However I have a couple guys that when they say it they mean it. I have one guy who gets paid on Thursdays and always when he gets paid he gives me a big tip and then a yellow wall. He will ever so occasionally say "I can't wait for Thursday" but it's because he likes to see how excited and happy I am:)

But yeah the "I'm going to give you such a big tip" when they have no real relationship with you and they don't really ever tip you? No. Just no. Ha.

I think it really depends on the person and your relationship with them.

I think it's common for some guys to do this...and then intentionally find a reason to "get upset" around the expected time of this big tip.

However I have a couple guys that when they say it they mean it. I have one guy who gets paid on Thursdays and always when he gets paid he gives me a big tip and then a yellow wall. He will ever so occasionally say "I can't wait for Thursday" but it's because he likes to see how excited and happy I am:)

But yeah the "I'm going to give you such a big tip" when they have no real relationship with you and they don't really ever tip you? No. Just no. Ha.
Hahahahaha yes exactly! I have about a handful of guys who tip me big chunks at once and I k is if they do request something and the top isn't there that if I do it it'll still going to be there once they get paid or reload their account. That's happened a few times to me where they'll be like I'd love to see if you'd do this *wink-wink* without a tip ... I do it and then RIGHT after they tip a ridiculous amount. I feel like some do this because they like to feel in control and trusted by you.

Reactions: WickedTouch
Never had anyone come through on promises to pay in the future. If ur broke it's ok...I have free options, cheap options... but folks who do this just kinda make me roll my eyes. Like the guy who comes in everyday and goes "nice ass, tits etc..." and professing their undying love and devotion and that they're your biggest fan on the planet but never pays for shit. If you're not gonna buy anything I'd prefer that you'd at least be a decent conversationalist... Yes I know I have nice tits and even if I didn't you might say this to get some favor with someone but you could tell me about the proxima centauri or something I don't know a ton about (which I know very little and get really hyped up about random ass facts about space, gaming or obscure crap)

I actually had a guy keep to his word today ha. Promised to tip me on Friday, and tip me on Friday he did. He also hinted at something else so now I'm hoping... which is kind of annoying because obviously he still may not ha. It's nice when someone promises to tip in that it can be a slow day and maybe it gives you something to look forward to for later... but then it's just so much worse if it then doesn't happen. So I still don't think I'm going to expect it to actually happen when people say they will... but it was nice that it happened this time :>

It's really hard for me to ever believe that. Any big tip of gift I've gotten has been almost a complete surprise.
That being said,, there's two times where the "big tip" backfired on me, probably due to my lack of knowledge and just wanting to trust people.
I've had people buy things off my wishlist then expect custom content with the item ASAP even if I never promised it. (if you aren't an ass like that guy was, I'll usually offer anyways..)
I had one guy send me a couple big tips over the course of a week. I gave him two very long private skype shows and though he seemed oddly attached to me (should've been a sign) I had a good amount of fun. During the second show, he asked for a pair of my panties, which I told him costs extra. He said he didn't have money that day, but I would be compensated well before he received the panties in the mail. I send them out and even pay the ridiculous international shipping fees. Weeks go by and I haven't gotten my tip yet, but this guy has the nerve to call me on skype and show that he got the panties, saying he was still broke and would pay me 'soon'. I've never gotten my money, of course.
So yeah, if someone asks for something with only the promise of a tip later, that doesn't get them anywhere with me. My regulars have enough decency to respect that and wait til they actually have the money.

It's really hard for me to ever believe that. Any big tip of gift I've gotten has been almost a complete surprise.
That being said,, there's two times where the "big tip" backfired on me, probably due to my lack of knowledge and just wanting to trust people.
I've had people buy things off my wishlist then expect custom content with the item ASAP even if I never promised it. (if you aren't an ass like that guy was, I'll usually offer anyways..)
I had one guy send me a couple big tips over the course of a week. I gave him two very long private skype shows and though he seemed oddly attached to me (should've been a sign) I had a good amount of fun. During the second show, he asked for a pair of my panties, which I told him costs extra. He said he didn't have money that day, but I would be compensated well before he received the panties in the mail. I send them out and even pay the ridiculous international shipping fees. Weeks go by and I haven't gotten my tip yet, but this guy has the nerve to call me on skype and show that he got the panties, saying he was still broke and would pay me 'soon'. I've never gotten my money, of course.
So yeah, if someone asks for something with only the promise of a tip later, that doesn't get them anywhere with me. My regulars have enough decency to respect that and wait til they actually have the money.
Ugh, that's so horrible that happened to you. What a jerk!

Hahahahaha yes exactly! I have about a handful of guys who tip me big chunks at once and I k is if they do request something and the top isn't there that if I do it it'll still going to be there once they get paid or reload their account. That's happened a few times to me where they'll be like I'd love to see if you'd do this *wink-wink* without a tip ... I do it and then RIGHT after they tip a ridiculous amount. I feel like some do this because they like to feel in control and trusted by you.
I 110% agree with you! Because some men just like to have control over you it makes them feel like the macho of the room. Whatever floats their boat right?! Especially when they're tipping!

The worst types of people are the ones who work you up saying they are going to send you a HUGE tip for your birthday, and wont stop talking about it all month because htey are excited to tip bomb you, then they don't show up on your birthday, and tip you 2$ the next day with the note "happy birthday!"

It's my birthday and i'll ban if I want to, I'll ban if I want to, I'll ban if I want toooooooooooo

The worst types of people are the ones who work you up saying they are going to send you a HUGE tip for your birthday, and wont stop talking about it all month because htey are excited to tip bomb you, then they don't show up on your birthday, and tip you 2$ the next day with the note "happy birthday!"

It's my birthday and i'll ban if I want to, I'll ban if I want to, I'll ban if I want toooooooooooo

You would ban too if it happened to you.

*sorry, ocd kicked in. HAD to finish that.*

I keep getting this shit, && I've decided, I'm going to call them out, because people keep fucking doing it to me, AFTER I'VE ASKED THEM NICELY TO JUST NOT SAY SHIT... So, whatever. Fuck it. This will be fun. ;)

I've done this a few times since then, && it;s kind of funny watching them get all huffy/puffy/attitudy with me. I'm like look bro, I gave you SO many chances, warnings to PLEASE NOT SAY THOSE KINDS OF THINGS TO ME. But they rage anyways, which I'm glad for, because now I know. One of these assholes even tried to threaten me, && say that he was going to google me && expose my real information lololololololoololol.

Maybe it could go like this...

Member: "I am soooo gonna tip you huge on payday...show boobs now, bb?"

Model: "Sure, but first, let me just get to you sign this contract that adds late fees for missed payments."

Member: Poof

Status
Not open for further replies.