AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A question about promises to tip.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a few of the obvious "I'll pay you on X for Y today" types; and I've also had guys say they want to arrange a private chat or skype session on X day, then not show (sigh). But sometimes I'm happily surprised; like when one of my friends sent me an item off my wishlist (which is always awesome), another sent me some lingerie he thought I'd look nice in, and I even had one guy come in and tip me just for being nice to him the week earlier. Just depends on who they are :)

Record store owners want to sell their records, but you are not giving the owner a gift when you buy a record from him. Amber didn't say the model wasn't down with doing the show, but it's still a purchase of services, not a "gift".

Is there ever an inbetween?

The other day a model I like said she was logging off because she wasn't making enough and it had bummed her out

I'd already tipped what I felt comfortable tipping

I pm'd her and said what about if I paypal you for a skype? just to chat until you go for dinner (she had her dinner cooking)

^ We had done the same before, paypal for skype just to chit chat

In that situation, I felt like I was kinddd of doing her favour in the fact I was giving her another option, but at the same time I would enjoy speaking to her

Obviously I didn't present this offer as me doing a favour, let alone gift, but I did kind of think of it as doing a small favour in my head + maybe mentally patted myself on the back for being nice, not much, just a little tap you know

Am I bad person just for thinking it?

ps. Asking honestly, not being facetious

The other day a model I like said she was logging off because she wasn't making enough and it had bummed her out

I pm'd her and said what about if I paypal you for a skype? just to chat until you go for dinner (she had her dinner cooking)

In that situation, I felt like I was kinddd of doing her favour in the fact I was giving her another option, but at the same time I would enjoy speaking to her

Obviously I didn't present this offer as me doing a favour, let alone gift, but I did kind of think of it as doing a small favour in my head + maybe mentally patted myself on the back for being nice, not much, just a little tap you know

It definitely doesn't make you a bad person!
However, I do personally find calling that a favor to be pretty darn insulting to her. You still had her entertain you in exchange for money. That doesn't mean she didn't very much appreciate your business at that particular moment but no, I would not call that a favor and if I was her I would feel pretty insulted to know you did.

I CAN see why you would feel this way though and you are def not a bad person for it. I obviously can only speak for myself and my own feelings, and she may feel very differently.

It was however kind of you to offer to pay for her time at that particular moment instead of waiting until another time, and it made you feel good about yourself. So... maybe you did yourself a favor? Is that a whole different subject? ... I'm not sure.

I had someone go out their way to pm me and ask me to add a sex machine to my wishlist as they wish to purchase it for me .. I received the email it was purchased and I got excited about it .. was so thankful that I offered the guy a skype show , I had my email so I was like its sorted. After skype show guy persisted on one the following day as his gift was worth £600 .. I thought ye I should show a bit more appreciation .. after he had his 2 private shows he canceled the orders. I was torn apart. Always wait to receive gifts before returning the favour .. it was my worst mistake.

I had someone go out their way to pm me and ask me to add a sex machine to my wishlist as they wish to purchase it for me .. I received the email it was purchased and I got excited about it .. was so thankful that I offered the guy a skype show , I had my email so I was like its sorted. After skype show guy persisted on one the following day as his gift was worth £600 .. I thought ye I should show a bit more appreciation .. after he had his 2 private shows he canceled the orders. I was torn apart. Always wait to receive gifts before returning the favour .. it was my worst mistake.

That would seem suspicious from the get go to me because usually if someone want to buy you a toy, they also want to watch you use it. Or at least that's the way I do it

Not gonna say you are a bad person, but perhaps you could have just used paypal to purchase tokens and left a nice offline tip for her? After all, even though you helped her out with a skype show and she wasn't performing, she was still giving you her time... so technically, you kept her "on the clock".

Personally, if it were me, I would just say nothing at the time, promise nothing, but leave an offline tip... with no strings.:nod:

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.