AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A very tricky situation...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for joining the conversation late.

Regarding Payoneer, I just wanted to confirm that you can indeed add your Payoneer card to your PayPal account. Just make sure that when you add the card to PayPal you have an available balance on the card.

This is due to the fact that PayPal will try to verify the card by charging a small amount, and this charge will be declined unless you have funds available (since the Payoneer card is prepaid).

Hey, I am 21 and I just recently started camming. The only person who knows about this is my husband. I talked to him before I started doing it but it wasn't very easy. My parents have no idea I do this and I think they would disown me if they found out. My dad uses the internet a lot and he knows a lot of people so it won't come as a surprise if he finds out what I do but the thing is I am happy doing it. He has been calling me once a day to check on me but most times I am on camera so I can't answer the phone and I always make up some excuse like "I was in the shower" or "I didn't hear the phone" but I think he is suspicious that something is up. I don't like having to hide this from my parents because I actually love what I do and have no problem talking about it but I guess they don't think the same way

NicolaSanford said:
Hey, I am 21 and I just recently started camming. The only person who knows about this is my husband. I talked to him before I started doing it but it wasn't very easy. My parents have no idea I do this and I think they would disown me if they found out. My dad uses the internet a lot and he knows a lot of people so it won't come as a surprise if he finds out what I do but the thing is I am happy doing it. He has been calling me once a day to check on me but most times I am on camera so I can't answer the phone and I always make up some excuse like "I was in the shower" or "I didn't hear the phone" but I think he is suspicious that something is up. I don't like having to hide this from my parents because I actually love what I do and have no problem talking about it but I guess they don't think the same way

I have no suggestions for the long term, but in the short term, could you not tell your dad that you'll call him at a time that's convenient for you, instead of leaving him to call you at a time that might not be convenient at all? Or give him an idea of when the best time to call will be (i.e when you're not on cam)?

NicolaSanford said:

Step1: inform your dad that a friend of yours saw someone who looked EXACTLY like you while on vacation, right down to the same mannerisms. (most everyone has at least one or two look-alikes somewhere)

Step2: on your camming profile or blog, write about this weird tourist who mistook you for a friend

Step3: set up a specific time for calling with your dad. Say "I know you care, and I want to make sure we keep in touch, but I need to live my own life now. So if you call around <insert time here>, I'll make sure I'm free to talk with you."

Now, as to the disowning you problem... well, most parents aren't going to do that. But the truth is, so what if he does? Is he that rich? Please note: disowning is specifically legally saying you're not his daughter anymore, or at the very least removing you from his will. That doesn't mean it has to be a forever falling-out though. Yeah, sure, it's hard to recover from, but if he really cares about you, and you really care about him, you can get over that.

This is from someone who didn't talk to her over-protective parents for six months after graduating college. I mean, these guys tried to blackmail me into moving back in with them so they could continue controlling every aspect of my life. They also tried to blackmail my friends who helped me get on my feet after college. I was seriously terrified they were going to kidnap me! So I dropped all contact. That was 2007. Today, I visit them once a year (they pay for it), and we're on an "I call you unless it's an emergency" basis. And I call them... every couple months. So, basically, I disowned them, but brought them back in. It can happen.

Good luck!

Reactions: southsamurai
I'm very lucky to have a family who know what I do and are very accepting of it ( my dad brags about how proud he is of me to random people in the pub lol) but had I been faced with the problem of telling strict parents, or not, I wouldn't have, and I would feel absolutely no shame or guilt in keeping it from them, camming is more than just a job, if I was doing it purely for the money and I didn't enjoy it at all, then they would have a right to be worried (too many risks for too little gain) but seeing as I do it because I love it, then it becomes more than just a job, it's a part of my sexuality, and they would have no more say or control over that then they would of me deciding to let a guy stick it up my bum, and I definitely don't feel the need to tell them that

Sorry if that wasn't very coherent, I've had a bottle of wine, yay for the Easter weekend :p

Status
Not open for further replies.