AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

A whale taking over a room - how long does it last usually?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 11, 2021
Hello!

(First some explanation, because it's a bit of a complicated story, and of course
I've read some post about a topic, but not going to lie; this is a little personal since I'm a bit frustrated and don't know how to handle the situation. )

I met a couple on CB last August, immediately fell for the the girl. I usually had at least 2 private shows/week with them, got like 6 hours worth of recorded shows and then the occasional password rooms, dice games, or simply just support them
on bad days with a couple hundred tokens. (Also privates on different platforms)

Now here comes the interesting part (I will try to make it short): started only requesting solo shows with the girl, got her WhatsApp number, etc.
I'm not stupid, so don't take it more than what it is, but it turned into strange "relationship":
I still had the shows, SHE called/texted me at various times; every single day. We kind of had (still have) the opposite of what happens usually: SHE asks me for advice, tells me about a lot of things, calls me when has a problem in life, etc. I know a lot of personal things about her, where she lives, what she likes to cook - you get the idea :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Their room started to fall in ratings, tips declined (talking about Eastern Europeans with limited English) so when they got to the point where CB notifies you to tip at your own risk, they made a new account.
Needless to stay it started out very bad. (We are talking about max 200 token/2 hours bad).

Then "Mr. Whale" arrived. Over 10 thousand tokens in tips on the first day. I read about whales HERE so wasn't to worried, they needed and deserved one. However here's what bothers me as a good tipping regular:
First, even the purples stopped tipping because Mr. Whale kept the show going (not with 10k, but usually 5-6k/night). A couple shows later we were at the point where the show is literally FOR ONE PERSON, albeit still free for most of the time.
There's the odd 1-25 tip, but that's all. All requests for private shows are ignored/denied.
As far as I know, Mr. Whale only has shows with them on CB (he doesn't seem to know how much the couple actually cashes out from the large tips).

So I finally got to the title: at this moment a show starts, color users not even showing up anymore - the whole public show is run by one person, there's no tippers and Mr. Whale seems to be asking for more and more (75 minute password room after a 2 hour show, after a 4000 token night, costumes, etc. Even moving from their years old time slot to a completely different one.)

So after I bored you with the details:

- Is this kind of thing happening often? (Talking about "Hijacking" the show)
- Do you think it's wise to give up all the current other users? (They are actually a very Underrated couple, who used to have 50k+ followers, now barely a 1000)
/Before someone rightfully comments about it: Yes, there's a bit jealousy since I'm still the second biggest tipper, fan club member - but I still talk to the girl almost every day, have "shows" outside of CB, and so on./

Thanks in advance for the replies!

Ps: the last show was free for like 30 minutes, seemingly noticing the lack of tips from others (Different room goal, discount on Private shows) the I guess Anonymous tipping and password room. Not a single blue or purple user, except Mr. Whale ...

Solution
A lot of the big whale tippers end up wanting too much (personal wise) from what I have seen or been told by many, and they become too obsessive with the model, which ALWAYS ends in the same kind of situation where the model has to tell them "no and to move on because they are not going to meet them" etc or the whale ends up finally just moving on or a few times, they have had the model tell them personal details, and because the model won't meet them, or do god knows what else, they end up publicly sharing the model info.

It all boils down to how this whale is in the room with the model and others.
Is he coming across as being rude to everyone and the big "I am" and trying to get the model to ignore everyone else? Is he being an...
will last as long as he can pay. 95% of whales are imposters. It's surprisingly more common for non paying users to take over the room, you can't outlast that competition

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Big 'controlling' tippers often come, and then go after they have had their fill (2 days or 2 months, a few 6 hr privates, etc). If your friend continues to fulfill requests, then this big tipper may never go. Perhaps this is truly what your friend wants (or needs!). My advice is to offer your unconditional support. I feel this way because no matter how close I get to someone on CB (and, I've gotten closer than your story), I never forget that this is a business and my friends benefit from my support more than my jealousy of their success.

PSA -- tip your favorite app/bot developers!

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
A lot of the big whale tippers end up wanting too much (personal wise) from what I have seen or been told by many, and they become too obsessive with the model, which ALWAYS ends in the same kind of situation where the model has to tell them "no and to move on because they are not going to meet them" etc or the whale ends up finally just moving on or a few times, they have had the model tell them personal details, and because the model won't meet them, or do god knows what else, they end up publicly sharing the model info.

It all boils down to how this whale is in the room with the model and others.
Is he coming across as being rude to everyone and the big "I am" and trying to get the model to ignore everyone else? Is he being an asshole basically or is he just being a good whale and tipping, enjoying her, taking her private etc

Upvote 1
Solution
Thank you for all the replies so far, I'll try to answer more detailed later today. I guess it's no surprise that everyone so far has a good point.
- They (or she) were in need of someone like this but as I said partially because of their own previous behavior (|before the nick change they were doing quite good for a long time)
- My support is there, my "jealousy" is more for the time I used to have with her vs now

"Is he coming across as being rude to everyone and the big "I am" and trying to get the model to ignore everyone else? Is he being an asshole basically or is he just being a good whale and tipping, enjoying her, taking her private etc."

I think this is the closest to a "solution":

He started off basically not saying anything in public, but but PM-ing during the whole show. Then every PM request for private from other users was followed quickly either by a series of mid-range or a big tip.
There's 2 more of us fan club members, if we show up he takes them to a password room as soon as possible.

Is he being an asshole basically
No, but he kind of comes down as mentioned here too obsessive, too early to tell to be honest

Is he just being a good whale and tipping, enjoying her, taking her private etc.
And that too, I believe he shows up every second or third day and tips at least 3000 tokens one day, sometimes up to 5.

The last one is the most important, like I said these tips are for the whole 120-180 minutes. On their previous nick they had one or two privates per show for 90-120 tokens with the average users taking 15 minutes.

I'm writing this from work, I will come back for a few more comments when at home.

Thanks for the replies again! All of them are useful in some way.

Upvote 0
immediately fell for the the girl.
Cam sites aren't dating sites. Trying to treat them as dating sites leads to broken hearts, and spending money you should probable be saving.

SHE called/texted me at various times; every single day. We kind of had (still have) the opposite of what happens usually: SHE asks me for advice, tells me about a lot of things, calls me when has a problem in life, etc. I know a lot of personal things about her, where she lives, what she likes to cook - you get the idea :)
It's not uncommon for a model to give their big spenders extra attention.
It's like spending a lot of money in Vegas, they'll comp you free rooms, food, extra.

Is this kind of thing happening often? (Talking about "Hijacking" the show)
This is their job, models are on cam sites to make money. Models usually do what they think is best for their fanatical interests.

I'm not trying to be harsh or anything. I'm just saying like if you've fallen for her, and now she's not giving you TLC, then maybe this is a sign you should move on to a more healthy relationship. Maybe try buying some one drinks at a local bar, tinder , or something.

Upvote 0
Are you sure he’s requesting the password shows? Or is the couple simply giving him a password once it becomes apparent that he’s the only person paying for the public show?

The latter does happen, although I don’t know how common it is.

Yes. The girl got carried away a couple of times and even her partner didn't care, they were doing things they never done in public but I think was somewhat natural given the amount of tokens they received.
The last two shows Mr. W. tipped at start, waited about 40 minutes (no tips of course) and then they went to password room. The other time was virtually the same.

Upvote 0
Cam sites aren't dating sites. Trying to treat them as dating sites leads to broken hearts, and spending money you should probable be saving.

It's not uncommon for a model to give their big spenders extra attention.
It's like spending a lot of money in Vegas, they'll comp you free rooms, food, extra.

This is their job, models are on cam sites to make money. Models usually do what they think is best for their fanatical interests.

I'm not trying to be harsh or anything. I'm just saying like if you've fallen for her, and now she's not giving you TLC, then maybe this is a sign you should move on to a more healthy relationship. Maybe try buying some one drinks at a local bar, tinder , or something.
Don't want to be rude either, appreciate the reply, but truth is I was expecting a comment like this ;-)
In short , she's too far away, to young for me to fall for her; I know how big spenders are treated (like I said from this forums members too). I GET extra treatment, so no problem there either.
I've also seen her taking a fall, not being able to handle when things turn bad. I don't want to see her like that again. That was the reason for my second question: if the big spender stays, it's OK.
If he decides to leave, then the current situation might fire back. At least that's what I think - I may be dead wrong, that's the reason I came here to ask those who have experience in this.

Cheers.

Upvote 0
Don't want to be rude either, appreciate the reply, but truth is I was expecting a comment like this ;-)
In short , she's too far away, to young for me to fall for her; I know how big spenders are treated (like I said from this forums members too). I GET extra treatment, so no problem there either.
I've also seen her taking a fall, not being able to handle when things turn bad. I don't want to see her like that again. That was the reason for my second question: if the big spender stays, it's OK.
If he decides to leave, then the current situation might fire back. At least that's what I think - I may be dead wrong, that's the reason I came here to ask those who have experience in this.

Cheers.
Hi! important is that shes doing great now , guess shes doing 10 time better in earnings then before . Yes, this things happening, others seeing him tipping so much dont tip anymore, but her days are awesome, and if he is leaving other people will come, is not like noone ever will tip her anymore, new guys will come who doesnt know that she had a big tipper a while ago.. Dont worry, shes making good money now to survive fine when he will go and she will start again a new room .If she was a popular model with lotss users then yes u could be worried that she distroy her room becouse of him, but as u said shes not , just her luck came , be happy for her :)

Upvote 0
Thank you for the new replies!

OFF:
Goblin: Took me about an hour to write the OP just to make sure I leave out/change small details. The sentence you quoted was only to prove somewhat that I have a pretty good relationship
outside the cam site with her. I have probably way too much pics and videos of her, yet other than me no one has and no one will ever see them. As for other info:
- We regularly change recipes, she gives me tips for healthy eating
- We gave each other virtual tours in our cities trough video chat
- I help her dealing with panic attacks, ect.
My point is, she is not the first I know like this, whatever happens, those personal details stay with me.
ON

Thanks for the reply of course
-------------------------------------------------
annabeauty:

Like I mentioned with writing down the whole backstory I might have made it look like it's personal. (I also pointed out that there is some frustration for sure but for different reasons)

(Please correct me if I am wrong: from 5000 tokens CB takes about half, right? The rest is paid by 0.05, so 2500*0.05=$125 before banking fees, etc. For an Eastern European this is very good.)
One point that most replies missed is that this big spender only gives them money on CB; the other that he doesn't seem to know how much actually she can cash out.
My point is: (seeing to what I would pay where I am) HE makes the requests thinking he gave a very good, tip of about 750-800 USD (10k tokens) and makes his requests accordingly. She's afraid to say no because that $125-150 every second-third day is still VERY GOOD money.

If he stays, she is "set" for a while. If he leaves, or does not come often then that WILL be a problem, I've seen it before. Her personal beauty draws in some purples for sure, but I don't think it's a coincidence that even with the username change their prices are less than half comparing when I met them. That's why I think that spoiling the big spender is ok and necessary, but shouldn't be for the whole show. (Ignoring PVT requests, being rude with tippers, and so on). But I am not a performer, that's why I came here, asking you guys and appreciate EVERY input

(The last show was public by the way, ended after about 70 minutes; big spender tipped 500 a couple of times and ended without a pvt/password room. I talked to her an hour ago and it she told me there was an argument already about demands)

Upvote 0
(Please correct me if I am wrong: from 5000 tokens CB takes about half, right? The rest is paid by 0.05, so 2500*0.05=$125 before banking fees, etc. For an Eastern European this is very good.)
One point that most replies missed is that this big spender only gives them money on CB; the other that he doesn't seem to know how much actually she can cash out.
My point is: (seeing to what I would pay where I am) HE makes the requests thinking he gave a very good, tip of about 750-800 USD (10k tokens) and makes his requests accordingly. She's afraid to say no because that $125-150 every second-third day is still VERY GOOD money.
CB doesn't take tokens, If a model gets tipped 5000 tokens then they cashout $250

Upvote 0
CB doesn't take tokens, If a model gets tipped 5000 tokens then they cashout $250
Now this comment alone changes a lot 🤔 (It's actually very hard to find reliable info on the internet, or certain bloggers/sites mix up the numbers).
Thank you for the info! (This is what you find if you google the question:
  1. You get fifty percent of all your broadcast earnings. And
  2. After they take their cut, twenty tokens are worth a dollar for you, so you will make a hundred dollars if you earn 2000 tokens
(So the bold part got me confused)

That clears up the big spender question, so they made an average 250/show so far with him. (Average of all shows with him tipping)

Now about how to play the game as Finchomatic said; I already expressed my opinion about that (basically throwing away another 100-130 from the ignored private requests), but that's my opinion.

Once again, thank you for everyone for the replies!!!

Upvote 0
Now this comment alone changes a lot 🤔 (It's actually very hard to find reliable info on the internet, or certain bloggers/sites mix up the numbers).
Thank you for the info! (This is what you find if you google the question:
  1. You get fifty percent of all your broadcast earnings. And
  2. After they take their cut, twenty tokens are worth a dollar for you, so you will make a hundred dollars if you earn 2000 tokens
(So the bold part got me confused)

That clears up the big spender question, so they made an average 250/show so far with him. (Average of all shows with him tipping)

Now about how to play the game as Finchomatic said; I already expressed my opinion about that (basically throwing away another 100-130 from the ignored private requests), but that's my opinion.

Once again, thank you for everyone for the replies!!!

Simply put, it's the USER who gets charged for the tokens, not the model. Tokens are ALWAYS worth $0.05 for models, but we users buy them (depending on which package we purchase, the more we buy at once the more saving we have) at $0.08 - $0.12 per token. So if I, the user buy the 1,000 token package I get charged $80, which is $0.08 per token, CB is already deducting this instantly, and now my tokens are worth $0.05 each - CB has taken their share

Literally no matter what package you buy, the model always gets $0.05 per token. So 1000 token cashout is $50
Hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0
Simply put, it's the USER who gets charged for the tokens, not the model. Tokens are ALWAYS worth $0.05 for models, but we users buy them (depending on which package we purchase, the more we buy at once the more saving we have) at $0.08 - $0.12 per token. So if I, the user buy the 1,000 token package I get charged $80, which is $0.08 per token, CB is already deducting this instantly, and now my tokens are worth $0.05 each - CB has taken their share

Literally no matter what package you buy, the model always gets $0.05 per token. So 1000 token cashout is $50
Hope that makes sense.

That's true as long as the model is not working from a studio, then they get a way smaller amount of money.

Upvote 0

Hope that makes sense.
Yes, I get it now, thank you. Part of the misunderstanding from me is was actually what the next reply is about from melanieoncam:
While she tells me a lot, for a long time I was curious that unlike other couples they seem to have a time limit for their broadcast, so strict that back then if I wanted a longer minute private I usually had to postpone for the next broadcast.
Then when things were really bad - before the room name change - she told me about how she learned things in "The studio" . Never went into details, but I know for sure she/they getting less than they make. (How much, I never asked) So they at least used to cash out less than they made. The time limit seems to be gone now. (And my calculation was still wrong, so again, thanks everyone for the correction and the explanation)

Upvote 0
It's weird to be this concerned with how much money someone else is spending or earning. It's really none of your business. Why are you trying to be so involved? It sort of just comes across as jealousy that someone else is spending more and therefore getting more favorable attention. I see you saying this whale member is too obsessive, but you seem to be the one obsessing. Regardless, it's their business to run, let them.

Upvote 2
It's weird to be this concerned .
OK, let's just stop here.
Originally I asked a general question, but instead of just throwing it out there I gave a backstory.

I know you see this from the models point of view and don't mean wrong, you even might be somewhat right about me - but you don't see the full picture. I can see why it seems as it seems.

Oh, and let's make a couple things clear:
- I only talk/message with her if she starts the conversation. Kind of an unwritten rule between us.
- They moved the show to a different time slot - I didn't follow them. (I see her outside CB anyways)
- Never got involved with her side of the show (no advice, no opinion, nothing )

Want to know the other part of the story? I basically carried their room when things went sideways for a long time. I STILL AM the "shoulder to cry on" , the "friend" who can listen. I even designed their bio.
But as I said earlier I've seen her fall, badly. Don't want to see it again. That's it.

Reactions: anabeauty37
Upvote 0
Okay cool, and you STILL ARE overly interested in their earnings and what other people are spending. That's my point. Camming, like many things in life, is full of ups and downs. There's nothing anyone can do to avoid that reality. Concerning yourself with their business ups and downs that have nothing to do with you is not helpful to anyone. Either they figure out how to sustainably run it, or they don't. 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
Nothing to argue, simply stating that you aren't going to be able to change the result of this member's spending, and there is no reason for you or any other member to worry about it. Best to stick to what you can have an impact with, your own support (read: tokens).

Upvote 0
I really didn't wanted to come back,but I feel the need to answer :
It's in my previous posts that the support is there, financial, moral and then some. Now almost 9 months and counting. If it's up to me, it's not going to change any time soon.
I agree with the rest.

Upvote 0
Wanted to add to the previous message, but since I am literally a n00b here didn't know the time limit.
I don't know how much it matters, but marked Brett M-s comment as solution since that reply basically answered my original question (If I could mark 2 then cexmental's would be there too.
Once again, thanks for everyone else too; I'm going to stick around seems to be a good forum.

Cheers

Upvote 0
The OP of this thread is simply WAY too "invested" in the couple in question. There is no secondary factor to that as numero uno.

The part where he laments "the whale" for not seeming "to know how much actually she can cash out." before making it clear that he doesn't /didn't really know either, is quite telling.

Of considerable significance here is also that people from Eastern Europe who are collecting on CB the same rate per token that women in Los Angeles or Las Vegas highrises collect, are likely to be doing quite nicely for themselves even with just one "whale" as the single greatest source of their CB support.

At the end of your Chaturbate day, it doesn't matter whether your $100 in earnings came from one source, or 325 unique sources. It all spends the same in Estonia, etc.

Upvote 0
talking about a whale, i was at a cam model bday party last night, she moved few motnhs ago from jasmin to chaturbate, shes soo happy that she got a whale in her room, next to other 20 users... he is the only one tipping her and she said shes getting like 10000$ a month from him and maybe 100 from rest ..so this is luck and they are lucky ! About your couple having limitated time, doesnt mean they working in a studio, there usually they force them to stay lots more hours ... usually i think they having a kid home and their time on cam is limitated ..

Reactions: KylieJacobs
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.