AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

About your age . . .

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

XbambiX

Cam Model
May 23, 2018
While it goes without saying that prospective cam models must provide their birthdate and hence their actual age to any webcam site they apply to, what is the general protocol for revealing your true age in your public profile? I am over the age of 40 yet consistently mistaken for being in my late 20s/early 30s . . . I would prefer to "claim" a younger age (around 34) in my online profile for two reasons---one being marketability and the other involving privacy concerns. Is that permitted?

I'd appreciate any advice--thanks so much! :blush:

While it goes without saying that prospective cam models must provide their birthdate and hence their actual age to any webcam site they apply to, what is the general protocol for revealing your true age in your public profile? I am over the age of 40 yet consistently mistaken for being in my late 20s/early 30s . . . I would prefer to "claim" a younger age (around 34) in my online profile for two reasons---one being marketability and the other involving privacy concerns. Is that permitted?

I'd appreciate any advice--thanks so much! :blush:

I can't speak for other sites but I know for sure on Chaturbate a lot of people have their age set to younger (they are 20s but look 18 so set it to that, for example) to attract more, or they set it to "99" because they don't want others to know OR they set it to "99" so they show up in the "mature" section, as a ploy to try and get more viewers as there are less people in there (mostly 50+ men when I look).

I have never seen or heard of anyone being suspended or banned due to them setting it lower/higher so long as they have verified their account and are obviously keeping the age at 18+

It's very common and safe to advertise yourself as younger or older and many models - including myself - do this. As long as you don't put a fake birthdate when filling out tax forms or identification forms, you'll be fine. :)

I don't fake shit. I'm 33 and proud!!!

Your display age can be whatever you want it to be, as long as it's over 18. What is most "marketable" varies from site to site, and there's very much a market for every age. If you hop on Streamate any time of day, you'll see at least one lady anywhere from 40-65 up in the top rows, and often there's several.

Reactions: ElaySmith
I'm mid thirties and list myself as 28.
I tried listing myself as my real age but there were about 45 different reasons that made me switch back to 28.

I'm honest about my age when people ask. I don't want to deceive, just be grouped with other models that look like me and a lot of people in this industry say they are a different age than they are.

Reactions: heart42
I look young, it was to my disadvantage for a long time, so now i’m making it work for me.
I’m gonna be in my mid twenties for the next decade I think. :c I just wish I had started younger. I looked 18 for a long time.

I look young, it was to my disadvantage for a long time, so now i’m making it work for me.
I’m gonna be in my mid twenties for the next decade I think. :c I just wish I had started younger. I looked 18 for a long time.
So much this! I can kick myself in the ass for the same reasons

I don't fake shit. I'm 33 and proud!!!

Agree 110%!! I’m turning 38 soon & looking forward to turning 40. NO WAY would I ever hide that or say I’m younger/older. I love my age & how I look...and especially how I feel about myself. ❤️❤️

Agree 110%!! I’m turning 38 soon & looking forward to turning 40. NO WAY would I ever hide that or say I’m younger/older. I love my age & how I look...and especially how I feel about myself. ❤️❤️
You can be proud of your age but also want to protect your info/anonymity so adjust your birthdate to cover up some details.

I agree about not giving out your real full birthdate. If someone has just a few real pieces of info on you, there are so many sites on the Internet that a person can track down your real name, where you live, etc. When I was working in strip clubs, a friend of mine had a scary experience with a stalker-he was a regular who was nice at first and then turned bad. All she did was tell him her real first name (not her last) and what city she was from and he was able to find out her real name and address. She ended up having to get a restraining order against him because he would show up at her house uninvited and constantly call/text her-it was a scary situation.

I'm 39, but on SM I put 28 down as my age and on MFC, I don't give it out at all, but if I'm asked, I ask them to guess in a private tip note and I will tell them if I'm younger or older. It's not that I'm ashamed of being 39 or anything, but I used to put my real age on SM and kept getting called a MILF and kept getting asked for mother/son roleplay. Putting my age in my 20's has cut down on the mother/son requests a lot.

but I used to put my real age on SM and kept getting called a MILF
I hate how the whole MILF things seems to apply to every mature woman. Like dude, Im 30 but that doesn't automatically make me a MILF. Also on SM if your age is 30+ your automatically listed in the mature category. My age on SM is 28 right now, but thats mostly bc I am to lazy to change it. Hell my MGF profile still said 25 the other day.

I hate how the whole MILF things seems to apply to every mature woman. Like dude, Im 30 but that doesn't automatically make me a MILF. Also on SM if your age is 30+ your automatically listed in the mature category. My age on SM is 28 right now, but thats mostly bc I am to lazy to change it. Hell my MGF profile still said 25 the other day.

For some reason, the birth year on my SM profile is wrong (it's a year earlier than I was actually born), so I've always had to manually change it after every birthday. I haven't changed it from 28 yet cause I'm lazy, but if someone asks, I tell them I'm 29. I don't think I'll list as "mature" for a while yet (might wait till I'm 40) just because I get enough MILF/mommy roleplay/lactation requests as it is, and all of that REALLY squicks me out.

For some reason, the birth year on my SM profile is wrong (it's a year earlier than I was actually born), so I've always had to manually change it after every birthday. I haven't changed it from 28 yet cause I'm lazy, but if someone asks, I tell them I'm 29. I don't think I'll list as "mature" for a while yet (might wait till I'm 40) just because I get enough MILF/mommy roleplay/lactation requests as it is, and all of that REALLY squicks me out.
Does SM update automatically? For some reason I didn't think it did bc my age was several years off at one time and I had to manually change it. My online birthday hasn't happened yet this year but I havent decided if I will change it to 30 or not. Like you I already get my fair share of MILF/mommy rp so I am not looking to work that angle anymore than I already am and I feel like thats what the mature category is going to bring. Id love to be wrong about that though.....

Does SM update automatically? For some reason I didn't think it did bc my age was several years off at one time and I had to manually change it. My online birthday hasn't happened yet this year but I havent decided if I will change it to 30 or not. Like you I already get my fair share of MILF/mommy rp so I am not looking to work that angle anymore than I already am and I feel like thats what the mature category is going to bring. Id love to be wrong about that though.....

There's an option to use your birthdate as your age, but because the year is wrong for me, I've never used it, so I'm not sure how accurate it is. It's the first option on the dropdown menu where you pick your display age.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElaySmith
I have my age listed as 88. Since I’ve done that, people generally don’t ask my age. It basically says - I’m fun and quirky and don’t ask my age as it doesn’t matter.

If people do ask, I give them a general decade bracket - I’m in my 20s. They can do whatever they want with that.

I’m pretty sure a huge majority of cam models list an age that differs from their actual age so by all means - go for it! In the strip club we say... There’s your stripper age, and then there’s your real age.

Reactions: PeepshowPrincess
I think it's always best to list the age bracket that you actually look like or whatever age suits your persona you're trying to project. Beyond privacy concerns I am also creating a character and the aim of that character is to be appealing and entertaining. It's the same in the strip club like MojitosJourney said. If I said my real age in the strip club guys would look at me like I was an actual pile of dust. I feel like strip club guys think that women just shrivel up and die after the age of 25. It seems like a pretty personal thing but I look super youthful so I'm gonna milk it!

Reactions: Gen
I personally like to say my actual age (19 btw) just because I already look super young so no one will believe me if I'm older than I say I am. At least I can't get mistaking for being underage in this line of work (which happened at all my previous jobs).

That can be dangerous as I was glad that she was able to get a restraining order to keep this guy away as I wish certain relatives of mine would be the girl you're talking about Vanessa as this would scare the living daylights out of me

As an MFC member, a model's age is irrelevant to me. Whether she is 22 or 42... it doesn't matter at all. If she is engaging well with the members in her room, has a pleasant enough disposition and is happy in her work, then that's basically all I need to know. I really don't need to know her marital status, home location, etc. If a model leaves all that info blank or lists wild figures like 88 for her age, I wouldn't get all bent out of shape like some dudes do. Some members on camsites can be just a little too picky and nosey y'ken!

:)

I know Wicked I was talking about me but I know that there are certain songs that they may appreciate and if there's any that I myself can tell them about I'd be happy to as a model doesn't need to leave her age the important thing is that they enjoy the music. I never ask for a model's age as there are some models that play music that I grew up listening to as it's important that if I know who's out there I can appreciate them more as 1 of these models has wanted to learn more about my music as she knows that I can go way back as I can go into the early days of rock if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.