AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Amazon Sex Toys?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2017
Hi there,

I am a new cam model and have purchased a few toys from Amazon. However, I've heard from other models that purchasing sex toys from Amazon is not the best thing, mostly because of quality concerns. I've purchased bullet vibrators as well as a dildo. The bullet vibrator did not last long.

What are your experiences with purchasing sex toys off Amazon? Do you recommend it?

However, I've heard from other models that purchasing sex toys from Amazon is not the best thing, mostly because of quality concerns.

I purchase basically everything on Amazon. At least 20 sex toys over the years.

You just have to be careful what brands/companies you buy from. It doesn't have anything to do with Amazon, they're just the middle man between you and the sex toy companies. Sticking with the bigger companies should help, and reading reviews is a must. Also I'm sure you know to avoid basic plastics, jelly and non-silicone stuff for the most part. Glass, stainless steel and high quality/med grade silicone are the safest materials to use.

I find unless you are buying luxury brands it's hit or miss. I use pinkcherry for orders personally over amazon because prices are often better. But I try to stick to brands like jimmyjane, wevibe, lelo, jopen, tantus, fun factory etc no matter where I order from. But those are expensive toys and if you are just starting out may be out of your range.

I have found moderate luck with California exotic novelties, fetish fantasy and rocks off as long as I only ordered silicone toys. My "magic wand" is a California exotic novelties knock off from pink cherry and honestly the vibratex wand only lasts me a year before it lights on fire and this toy when it died last time lasted two years and the motor simply wore out. These brands have a ton of cheap silicone options on pink cherry amd probably amazon as well.

I do also like my lovense vibe. Comparable to my jimmyjane form toys.

Reactions: Daphne
Bullet dildos never last long.....But i'm a nerdy science kid and fixed 2 of mine with pennies.Yeah....that was back when I was broke as fuck. The copper was a conductor to the battery blah blah something like that. lmao But they never last. Something always breaks on them.

But anyways, I have bought the majority of my sex toys on amazon. Like my njoy and vixskin. They were cheaper on there. ANNND they are absolutely perfect. My favorite toys ever. ^_^

I have never ordered sex toys from amazon...but you can find some body safe good deals!

I own a heap from ebay, not amazon, buuuuut..basically the same thing and a lot of the stores on both seem to use the same manufacturers/suppliers.
I've got a few dildos and butt plugs that were all under $10 and they're some of the best ones i've owned/used. My magic wand was $18 and its one powerful motherfucker lol

I haven't ordered any sex toys from Amazon yet, but am in the process of building my first order. Previously, I've used PinkCherry and have had mostly hits (and a few misses). Not every sex toy is for every body.

Sticking with the bigger companies should help, and reading reviews is a must. Also I'm sure you know to avoid basic plastics, jelly and non-silicone stuff for the most part. Glass, stainless steel and high quality/med grade silicone are the safest materials to use.

This is primarily what I'm leaning on to make my decision about the products. Who manufactures them? What are they made of? What type of battery do they use? What are the reviews like?

Do some research and comparison shop to make sure that you're getting the best value. Hopefully you'll be satisfied with your selections!

Be careful. I say this because of my personal experience where I bought a glass dildo from amazon- one of those pretty looking ones with a heart shape on top of the handle. It was cheap, so I bought it and when I received it there were some very obvious differences. I don't know how to describe it. The ribs? on the dildo weren't smoothly blending together, instead it was like rings for your pussy of different sizes and zero thickness change between the rings. Then, before I even got to uh... try to use it, I guess, the dildo broke and cut me with the glass on the hand because it was resting on my bed and my bed lightly moved.

There are nock offs and fakes on amaozn. That's why I buy directly from the manufactures on amazon. Still have to watchout, bcause some manufactures are not on amazon. Also helps to choose name brand toys from companies with good reputations.

When it comes to Amazon, our rule of thumb is that Amazon is great for everything on the outside (lingerie, costumes, BDSM gear, wands) but not always great for things on the inside (dildos, vibes, plugs).

Agreed that your best bet is to stick with stainless steel (low-risk of product flaws / breaking) and to read the reviews at length.

What are your experiences with purchasing sex toys off Amazon? Do you recommend it?

i've only purchased my sex toys (and pretty much anything else that i need lol) from amazon. you can't beat that two day shipping. i always read customer reviews for everything that i buy, and if something arrives in a lesser quality than what i expected, i return it. it's very easy as compared to some other sites that my friends have used. just do your research, and you can have great success on amazon! i've gotten my hitachi, 4 dildoes, countless anal toys... you get the picture :)

Looking at the reviews on amazon may help, as well as the material the toy is made out of. I much prefer going to an adult store and picking out stuff in person, the staff are usually very knowledgeable.

Reactions: HornyDee
I prefer a bashful Canadian machinist for my sex toy reviews. Just kidding, his tool reviews are great fun, surprising how verklempt our usually brash boy got doing a tear down of a Hitachi knock off. Original unit looks to be constructed about the same - I always figured the motor was in the big body part. Now we know.

All in fun, been enjoying AvE reviews and this was the most relevant one to share here - unless you have a Dyson hairdryer, or Kitchenaid mixer, you know I really don't know the Kitchenaid to Hitachi ratio. On with the film!

Once upon a time this happened to me.
The company even tried to convince me to not try for a refund as it was "high quality" I got the refund, and noticed their store disapeared from Amazon after I reported them.
WajXwe3.png

Also hi, I'm awkwardly assertive.
2LrEU68.png

Long story short, read all the reviews and good ratings. If there's only a small handful of reviews, you might not want to risk it. If they scam you, report it. Also compare the item with other stores (even non-amazon). For instance if the price is a oddly lower (like the above item) then assume it might not be able to be trusted.

A lot of our toys are from Amazon and the stores really sell the same products but they charge a significant 'offline store' premium.

A few warnings perhaps:

Delivery times can be long but I see that before I purchase. In one case, I was waiting 3 or 4 weeks and it seemed that the Amazon re-seller put in the order in China and it shipped from there.

Some things are not meant to last, especially the off brand knock offs and if I really like them, I get them again once they break. These are bullets, pocket rockets and fish nets (cat suits).

I prefer a bashful Canadian machinist for my sex toy reviews.

"That'll rattle ur fillings from down below."
"Yer gettin 2 watts of hoohaa rattlin power in this baby."
Bahahahahahaha !!!
I love this guy !! I watch him quite often.

As far as Amazon, not only read the reviews, watch the 'shipped from' locations. China has good prices but you can usually count on 3-6 weeks shipping time and sketchy components. I look for USA. The good thing is that Amazon will back you up if there are any issues.

I like amazon for things since I started camming because of that same day shipping:smuggrin:, but before this, I always used edenfantasy.com and they were really good. I love all of their search filters, they're so helpful to find things that really work for you and being super specific. They have filters for material, material safety, price, length vs insertable length, vibration strength, noise level, diameter, circumference, etc.

I'm super picky about details and what I'm putting in my body, so that site really helped me.

Reactions: EspiKvlt
If you stick with well known brands you can do OK. However, some of the best brands forbid selling on Amazon. That means that whoever you are buying it from is either a popup seller or they are selling a fake. If the deal seems super good, beware. If it is an unknown brand then expect to get what you pay for...wait...expect to get a cheap piece of shit...I hope you didn't pay much!

I prefer a bashful Canadian machinist for my sex toy reviews. Just kidding, his tool reviews are great fun, surprising how verklempt our usually brash boy got doing a tear down of a Hitachi knock off. Original unit looks to be constructed about the same - I always figured the motor was in the big body part. Now we know.

All in fun, been enjoying AvE reviews and this was the most relevant one to share here - unless you have a Dyson hairdryer, or Kitchenaid mixer, you know I really don't know the Kitchenaid to Hitachi ratio. On with the film!

I didn't have the patience to watch the whole video. Hopefully this guy made it clear that this is a cheap Chinese knockoff and NOT a Vibratex Original Magic Wand....I assure you! For one, the motor IS in the handle on the Original Hitachi now sold by Vibratex.

When it comes to Amazon, our rule of thumb is that Amazon is great for everything on the outside (lingerie, costumes, BDSM gear, wands) but not always great for things on the inside (dildos, vibes, plugs).

Agreed that your best bet is to stick with stainless steel (low-risk of product flaws / breaking) and to read the reviews at length.
I like that idea. Inside things just buy from a store or from the manufacturer directly, but almost everything else including things not related to work its just easier and faster just using amazon

I've ordered most of my sex toys from amazon, all of them have been really great quality! My fav is definitely my IMTOY gazelle wand! IT's sooo cute and it works great! I def would recommend buying on amazon bc I've noticed that certain items may be on sale there, but not on the seller's website. I think that items shipped from amazon may be of higher quality, but it's probably a superstition of mine lol

Most of my toys are from amazon, with the exception being dildos. The one dildo I ordered was not what I had expected. The magic wand and yarosi cordless massager are amazing and great quality. The lingerie from reputable brands is great too. Can't beat amazon!

Always check the reviews! I’ve bought a few great toys from Amazon (and had quite a few purchased for me), and I’ve had some less-than-great ones, too. The reviews will help you see which ones are which.

Another site I’ve had luck with is Lovehoney. I’ve never had a problem with their products, they’re priced well, and they ship fast!

I agree with everything AmberCutie said.

If you pay close attention to the seller's reviews and reputation, you'll find some pretty great toys on Amazon. They do have some knock off lovense toys that I haven't personally tried, but I wouldn't recommend them just based on the reviews. Generally, with the higher end toys you see other models primarily using, you'll want to invest in the real deal.

However, I did get my favorite vibe from Amazon that was sold by a smaller company for a decent price. It has a suction setting that I really love! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075ZRNLQP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_7A8oAbTYX0KBS I got lucky with this. I didn't really know what I was looking for and happened to pick a really cool toy. I guess it's just buyer beware and could be hit or miss.

I have yet to buy a toy from amazon. But a couple of my regulars have bought me lingerie off of my wishlist. I was skeptical because [being busty old me] never thought I could wear a M because the size chart said so. Ordered M anyway because boobies popping out on camera would not be the worst thing in the world. They actually fit and were super good quality. Hooray!

I plan on purchasing my toys from amazon. Just sift through reviews, look up the ratings. That kind of thing. Maybe I'll buy a couple this month, I do super need some variety in my shows.... love my "tan" Adam and Eve dildo.. Pretty sure all my regs are like "ahhh fuck not that one again". Ha :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.