AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Annoying things that happen when you're trying to work?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 9, 2018
Some (one) of these may be a little tmi...
  1. When you want to record, but there are other people (i.e family members) in the house making noise and you can't get in the mood. I have to either record during odd hours of the night (wake up tired as hell, and I have to be quiet) or when absolutely no one is home.
  2. The spotting that happens after your period ends and you feel too gross to masturbate, especially for the camera.
  3. Not having a white/green screen so getting angles so your room remains unrecognizable is a bit of a challenge (seriously, I need to save up for one, but I'm also nervous of people asking why I have it).

Reactions: yummybrownfox
- It's suddenly "get snuggles" time for my cats
- My apartment complex starts using the carpet cleaning truck on the apartment under me, shaking my room
- Thunderstorms that knock me offline or fuck up my feed

Reactions: yummybrownfox
- Thunderstorms that knock me offline or fuck up my feed
Omg this, apparently they make internet cables out of sugar or something. My connection goes out every time it storms.
My landlord also likes to send her father to apparently clean the foot of grass in front of my window on a weekly basis. -rolls eyes-
I've had to drop the blinds on him a few times during my shows.

My neighbor starts blaring country music and then shouting Heeeeehhhaaaawwwww or wwwwhhhhhoooooooopp every 30 seconds while loudly stomping his foot and smacking the wall.

I had to switch to my bedroom because of this when my original plan was to just throw a futon in the livingroom since I have space for it.

His apartment is apparently his own personal honky tonk bar.

My neighbor starts blaring country music and then shouting Heeeeehhhaaaawwwww or wwwwhhhhhoooooooopp every 30 seconds while loudly stomping his foot and smacking the wall.

I'm a fucking redneck, but that is way TOO redneck. Dude stop, I have second-hand embarrassment. That shit's barely acceptable at a bar.

When I'm almost done with a project and the boss enters and says he needs to add a few more measurements.
This makes me have to redesign the whole thing all over again.

I'm a fucking redneck, but that is way TOO redneck. Dude stop, I have second-hand embarrassment. That shit's barely acceptable at a bar.

It really, truly, is completely fucked up. I don't mind the music but the hooting and stompy shit.

He also made fun of me recently for saying "pardon" and he's now forever on my shit list. He can scream "Whaaaaaatttt" like a wild animal if he wants. I sometimes do it myself. But don't make fun of my manners when I'm putting effort in.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
I knew this dumbass that would blare music on buses. They were just generally very rude overall.

Sadly, the music on bus wasn't even close to the worst thing they would do.

- my dogs yell at the neighbors until I stop whatever work-related thing I'm doing & calm them down.
- my cat yells at me, just for fun I assume.
- people wanting to talk to me when I'm filming or right before I'm about to go to work (like makeup on, tits out).
- my ISP having a shit fit.

my ISP having a shit fit.

I forgot to mention this one. I'll be about to log on and I get that stupid notice that they'll be down for server maintenance for my entire shift and I'm just like... Fuck guess I'm filming, don't wanna waste makeup!

Reactions: SatanJonez
My filming studio is directly under the flight path for an airport...so many, many clips have been ruined by low-flying aircraft.

Also, some of my neighbors are total gearheads and when they start working on their monstrous diesel engines I can't film until they turn the damn things off - it's just a little too deep of a noise for my audio cleaning software to tidy up effectively.

• Sorry to hear that.
Having a puppy, and a herding breed at that (they're loud af).

Like, he's chill ALL day, and the second I turn on the camera to film clips and customs, it's ARF ARF ARF WOOOOO-OOOOO ARF ARF

I confess that I've recorded a few clips with a very subtle 'clicking' sound in the background...yeah, that was my dog chewing on a CET...

Then there are the times my wife and I are filming a session for our femdom store and I see this furry head pop up on the other side of the bed all like, "Oh? Y'all are doing that weird stuff again. Well fuck you, play with me."

Can't help but love the little furball though

Like, he's chill ALL day, and the second I turn on the camera to film clips and customs, it's ARF ARF ARF WOOOOO-OOOOO ARF ARF

I confess that I've recorded a few clips with a very subtle 'clicking' sound in the background...yeah, that was my dog chewing on a CET...

Then there are the times my wife and I are filming a session for our femdom store and I see this furry head pop up on the other side of the bed all like, "Oh? Y'all are doing that weird stuff again. Well fuck you, play with me."

He's trying to let you know he's ready for his closeup Mr DeMille

It seems the hours that I'm normally on MFC are also the hours that the family group text messages blow up nonstop. I end up having to take off my Apple watch too because just silencing my phone isn't enough since the messages just go to my watch then, lol.

My bitch ass weenie dog , Frookie, needing to fucking pee EVERY time someone starts to tip. Or my tiny hooman wakes from his dead sleep to sign me the songs of his people :bag::bag::bag: nothing like the sound of a toddler screaming "Mum I pooooooped!" to get members feeling good.

Equally, my shit wifi, or someone asking a really gross question that kills my chick boner. "Can you fart on demand?" Bitch , get out of here.:mad:

Feel you on the puppers woes.

My bitch ass weenie dog , Frookie, needing to fucking pee EVERY time someone starts to tip. Or my tiny hooman wakes from his dead sleep to sign me the songs of his people :bag::bag::bag: nothing like the sound of a toddler screaming "Mum I pooooooped!" to get members feeling good.

Equally, my shit wifi, or someone asking a really gross question that kills my chick boner. "Can you fart on demand?" Bitch , get out of here.:mad:

Lmao! Your doggo has associated the tip sound as a cue for going potty! That's a new one :joyful:

And WHAT THE FUCK is it with the fart guys?! You'd think a fart enthusiast would, you know, understand how it works? I get these weird messages maybe once every other week from a guy saying "Hi SIR I like to buy farts." Like, bro, how do you BUY a fart?! 1) that doesn't just happen whenever the hell you want it to, and 2) I don't think I can "sell you a fart" over a computer screen. Then, there are the "pay-per-fart" guys who ask to pay you for every fart. Like, OK sure - let me just keep a camera on hand at all times to capture these moments.

Sorry for TMI but this entire industry is TMI so wutevs. People be crazy.

• Funny!
Reactions: Sansa
And WHAT THE FUCK is it with the fart guys?!

They only ever visit my room when I've got NOTHING IN THE TANK. If I'm having a gassy day, I don't see a single one.

This isn’t necessarily while I’m trying to work, but it is something I find annoying, and this seems like the most suitable thread for it...

I don’t know if these sexting sites (Chatfunn, etc.) are messaging guys on our behalf, or sending them some sort of “Would you like to chat with Shelly?” message. But I just got a text from a Chatfunn member saying “Yes, I would.” Um...what?

I wish these sites would stop doing that, because this is the second or third time I’ve gotten a text like that, where I don’t know wtf the guy is talking about. Lol.

• Funny!
There are too many people visiting my house I've actually cried in frustration lmao I felt silly after but dang I was upset.

I'm actually considering renting a work space lol I'll make sure there's a good reading nook so I can hide away from home in a quiet place even when I'm not working.

ISP is another one for me. They throttle my internet speeds after I use a certain amount. Which they blatantly deny doing.

Oh, mine lets you fucking know. You get a pop up that you've exceeded your maximum bandwidth and will be charged $xx for the next idfk gb, and it's gonna be slow as balls now, too, I don't remember amounts because after three months straight of that, I upgraded my plan, because between my sister and myself being heavy Netflix users and me camming on SM and uploading 50 clips a month - yeah, we're gonna need more. I think I went from like 300gb limit to 1k, which I didn't exceed even when we had 11 people staying with us and everyone was in their phones on social media with the TV on Netflix 24/7.

My cat likes to SCREAM and throw his body against my door full force like a little kitty battering ram.

Usually when I'm trying to do a cumshow!

I used to have a cat that would shake the door, and her meows sounded like she was saying "mom". Sorry, Your Eminence, but I'm working.

There are too many people visiting my house I've actually cried in frustration lmao I felt silly after but dang I was upset.

I'm actually considering renting a work space lol I'll make sure there's a good reading nook so I can hide away from home in a quiet place even when I'm not working.

*Hug* Nothing to feel silly about. That is frustrating. People seem to think that just because you work from home whenever you want, that it's okay for them to just drop by unannounced whenever they feel like it to hang with you. NOPE. That is so rude and inconsiderate. You should put your foot down, and explain to people that, as much as you love them (Is this family?), the pop-up visits to your home when you are trying to work is a problem. Sure, it may not be what they wanna hear, but any decent person should be able to understand and respect that.

I don't think it's fair for you to have to go spend money to rent a work space because of this either. After all, you're trying to make money...not spend it.

For some reason, I'm reminded of that really weird Jennifer Lawrence movie 'Mother', where her husband had tons of people (fans) coming into their house unexpectedly, and she's like wtf.

. You should put your foot down, and explain to people that, as much as you love them (Is this family?), the pop-up visits to your home when you are trying to work is a problem. Sure, it may not be what they wanna hear, but any decent person should be able to understand and respect that..

Part of the problem is, I am a live in caregiver for my friend's grandma who went blind a few years back. Almost everyone around me knows what I do (I've been focusing on phone sex more because if grandma needs me 20 mins into a shift I won't get so defeated because I didn't need to get all fancy looking and logging back in afterwards is easy enough.) but they seem to think that coming over and "helping" with grandma helps me, but it really doesn't and doesn't help grandma much either lol. I can't work when someone is here because we can all hear each other. I've tried to explain to the main people that but they say things like "Don't worry, I won't bother you!" The worst part about it is they run themselves down trying to "help" me and end up losing their patience with grandma (not in a bad or scary way but just it's bad for their mental health). I wasn't raised around her so I'm muuuuch more relaxed with her bs lol

• Sorry to hear that.
It could be annoying when there is too much noise, or when someone wants to appear in the camera and it is not verified, or that their parents are nearby and have to keep quiet right? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.