AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone Can Promote Your Room Now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
does anyone know what happened when the models that were stuck in the promoted spot logged off? was the spac just left empty?
by the time i logged off, the prices were more than 3k tks in promotion and the spot was having different models when i checked

Upvote 0
This!

If someone is going to spend tokens while with me, I would like them in my pot!
My feelings exactly. I understand some of my viewers would like to see more people engage with me, but I have never known the feature promotion to be effective. I would much rather opt out of the feature and utilize those tokens for myself. There was a night when a viewer promoted my room for an hour straight, and of course I got more followers, but chat activity and tips remained the same before and after. Just seems like a waste, but this is my own anecdotal take.

Upvote 0
I just tried it for the first time (70t), then scanned the first 10 pages from an incognito browser twice within 10 minutes. The model did not appear at any time on those 10 pages.

glad.jpg

Upvote 0
I just tried it for the first time (70t), then scanned the first 10 pages from an incognito browser twice within 10 minutes. The model did not appear at any time on those 10 pages.

View attachment 100068
Then you're doing it wrong because the place to look for the model is in the 9th spot on the main page.

@AxlFX I would have banned him the second he did it twice. That's pure torture, to not be able to walk away from cam for an entire hour? Hurts my soul.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Then you're doing it wrong because the place to look for the model is in the 9th spot on the main page.

Roughly 100 rooms show per page (at least on my browser), top ten pages were scanned using search function. 100 x 10 = 1000, ergo the top 1000 placed rooms were scanned and with no sign of the "promoted" model.

Upvote 0
Roughly 100 rooms show per page (at least on my browser), top ten pages were scanned using search function. 100 x 10 = 1000, ergo the top 1000 placed rooms were scanned and with no sign of the "promoted" model.
You don't seem to understand what I am telling you. The model is only going to be seen in the room spot specifically for the promoted feature which is the 9th cam spot on the main page. You should be watching that thumb nail and only that thumb nail for the model in question.

Promoted.png

Upvote 0

It's also important to know that promoted rooms cycle, as they can't all appear at once. If you sit and refresh the 1st page, you'll see the promoted box change and some models promoted more than once in the same few minutes. There is a strong chance that even if you're looking, you could have missed it.

Cheers,
-Cexmental

Upvote 0
You don't seem to understand what I am telling you. The model is only going to be seen in the room spot specifically for the promoted feature which is the 9th cam spot on the main page. You should be watching that thumb nail and only that thumb nail for the model in question.

View attachment 100069
It's also important to know that promoted rooms cycle, as they can't all appear at once. If you sit and refresh the 1st page, you'll see the promoted box change and some models promoted more than once in the same few minutes. There is a strong chance that even if you're looking, you could have missed it.

Cheers,
-Cexmental
These 2 posts put together just fully explained to my confused brain how it worked at all.

Thanks to both of you!

Upvote 0
These 2 posts put together just fully explained to my confused brain how it worked at all.

Thanks to both of you!
You're welcome. :) The real kicker of it all is that none of the really successful models can be promoted in the first place so none of them can complain about how awful the entire situation is and none of the rest of us matter enough to get it changed. I can't help but wonder how much of this is driven by CB having to pay Texas $675,000 as a fine for the viewer age verification crap.

Reactions: babykalina
Upvote 0
Ah gotcha, interesting!

I wonder for how long the promoted room stays in that position. If 10000 peeps all promoted 10000 different rooms within a very short period of time, the broadcaster could conceivably be logged off and in bed by the time his/her room gets that promoted position.

Anyhoo in my case the "promotion" had no change in user numbers that I could discern, so IMHO was a waste of money.

Upvote 0
Ah gotcha, interesting!

I wonder for how long the promoted room stays in that position. If 10000 peeps all promoted 10000 different rooms within a very short period of time, the broadcaster could conceivably be logged off and in bed by the time his/her room gets that promoted position.

Anyhoo in my case the "promotion" had no change in user numbers that I could discern, so IMHO was a waste of money.
There's no guarantee the model who was promoted will appear at all in the promoted spot on the main page, the only guarantee is you spend [x] tokens and a 5 minute timer starts. The less models interested in promoting, the lower the rate for promotion is and a higher chance they will appear multiple times in the promoted spot video feed. However, the more models interested in promoting the room the higher the price for promotion and the less likely chance they will appear in that feed. If you backread this thread you'll see that the Friday before this past Friday rates where in the low thousands of tokens for nary a shot at all to appear.

Models MUST remain on cam the entire 5 minutes of promotion. Regardless if they are seen or not. It used to be that only we could promote the room and now any Tom, Dick or Harry can promote the room and those tokens go directly to CB and not the model. Which is why some of us had line items in their menus to tip 150 tokens to promote the room. I'd start it when it hit 50 tokens and keep 100 for the joy of staying on cam and "interesting" for 5 solid minutes.

Edit: So I guess our only hope is if you guys rise up in mass and complain about how stupid and frustrating and expensive it is to do this.

Upvote 0
[I know i am waiting for admin approval and they may not, but please please please please allow me to do so!! i dont have another option to outlet this issue at all because the support staff will not listen to mine or others demands.]

yeah i made an account here (3 yr cammer+), just to say that it really hurts my ability to make sales. I think I will repeat a lot of points said here but reiterate that, yes a lot of them are very real concerns.

some people THRIVE by keeping their channels with lower view counts on purpose. Ive lost several chances for tokens the otherday due to this feature just existing, and they wouldnt stop even though i asked them - as they thought of it as a kindness?
So this really hurts my ability to make sales because once the grey usernames come in and flounder about which is the current status of the promotion feature, it hurts the metrics and decreases me down the pages even more than normal instead of up because Viewcount doesnt mean anything for ranking for some categories on the site outside of cis fem.

The weirdest thing is, you have no way to say no for it? Why can you say no for a private show but you cant say no for a promotion that may just crash your room because users come in > leave when nothing 'enough' is happening or they dont get the person isnt showing because no tips > decrease views > decreases ranking.

I feel this change needs to have a manual opt out of as its really bad since its against our will. And theres the wording: Since when was having things against our will okay for a site that is meant to be built on consent? Afterall, wouldnt having an option like this there simply create an environment of potential antagonism that basically says 'You arent worth this money, so ill just burn it in your face' because the room promote doesnt bring in good tier users like it used to? (TRust i know, ive spent around 5000 tokens on it over my years if i had to guess. It hasnt been useful to press in the last year or so.)

If models like the fuzzy feeling a lot of viewers give, then let them have it there if they thrive by high view counts. But for those of us that arent interested in that, which are some that STILL find a way to bring the site good cash, i just want to opt out and that is it. Just like every other feature. A simple choice.

This changes the type of show I am trying to offer and makes it harder for me to do whats comfortable for me.

Like if i want to promote myself, ill use my own tokens like everyone is saying here or have it in my menu. It simply destroys the stream for me, because my section viewers do not respect the type of people we are generally speaking and its harder to find that one person who will be respectful. Anyways it just forces me to have to password my room and go offline for a short time to clear our low tier users preventing my stream from being seen by these people. Its bothersome. I dont know if itll be livable but itll just make me visibly angry and cause confusion for the viewers that do tip for it, wondering why i wouldnt want this? It leaves the user with the impression what they are doing is a good thing, when it is not.

literally this is the definition of something which isnt meant to be shown on the site, like im not that far removed to think that, right? :) which is weird, we can opt out of almost every other feature or alter it in some form but not this? Why?

Yall think it would make a difference to warn users not to use it in a welcome message or will the site be slighted by that? Or will the user just not read it and do it anyways?

Anyways please keep this thread alive people - its very important to be seen.

Attachments

• dammit.PNG
    dammit.PNG
    12 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Upvote 0