AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone Can Promote Your Room Now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
It would be nice if they allowed models to opt in to use that instead of just unannounced addition.

If someone has already clicked on it then it will not work again until the 5 minutes is up. That would be why it is showing that way

Upvote 0
It also looks like any model with 1000+ viewers in the room can not be promoted this way. I thought it may have been the new "toy button" to play with for some users as the reason some models had a greyed out button..

Will need to give it a few days for the newness to wear out and see how it works. Right now from what I have seen is way too many models are included in the cycling through and may only show up once during the 5 minute promotion.

Also it is CB getting those tokens and nothing for the model so more of a benefit for them instead of the models

It would be better for users to ask the model how much it costs them to use the promote my room and just tip those tokens to the model themselves and let the model choose if they will use that

Upvote 0
Right now from what I have seen is way too many models are included in the cycling through and may only show up once during the 5 minute promotion.
It's the same for the broadcaster-purchased promo spot, in that when you read all the terms and conditions, it's very vague as to how many others are in the same pool, and you may well only appear once in the promoted spot on page 1 during the active time.
(I haven't seen any clarification of the user-paid promo rules, but the broadcaster-paid version is here: https://chaturbate.com/promoted-spot-details/?language=en)
It does seem weird that this has been introduced without giving models the option to opt in.

Upvote 0
It has to be the same since there has been no site glitches as usually happens when CB introduces a "new feature". Just added the link for normal users to use now

I do believe the price fluctuates according to how many models are using it. The more that use it the cheaper it is or it could be the other way around, never know with CB

Reactions: Vixxen81
Upvote 0
I do believe the price fluctuates according to how many models are using it. The more that use it the cheaper it is or it could be the other way around, never know with CB
If it's the same conditions as in the link above, it's never less than 50 tokens.
A model I frequent was trying out the paid promo a year or so ago, and asked me to count how many times she rotated through position 9 on page 1 in the 5 mins. I had the thumbnail refresh rate set to 30 seconds, and only saw her once. Most users probably have it at the default (60 secs) so if there's more than 5 models in the pool, some may not even appear in the promo spot at all, at least for some viewers (the order of rotation is variable for different users when they load page 1).
She picked a spot where it was 90 tokens, it had varied between 120 and 70 (I think) while she waited to pay. I guessed that it cost more when there were fewer models in the promo pool, but we ended up agreeing it was a bullshit thing to waste time, energy and tokens on........ and stopped trying.

Upvote 0
It has to be the same since there has been no site glitches as usually happens when CB introduces a "new feature". Just added the link for normal users to use now

The more models in the pool the higher the cost, up to 150 tokens.

Upvote 0
Also it is CB getting those tokens and nothing for the model so more of a benefit for them instead of the models

It would be better for users to ask the model how much it costs them to use the promote my room and just tip those tokens to the model themselves and let the model choose if they will use that
This!

If someone is going to spend tokens while with me, I would like them in my pot!

Upvote 0
Um, I've lived it? It's surge pricing. Just like Uber. The higher the demand, the higher the price.

Promoting my room is a part of my tip menu and I do it frequently.
Here just to back you up on this, the price varies. For me it was 80tk 5 minutes ago but when I checked just now it was 70tk.

Upvote 0
Here just to back you up on this, the price varies. For me it was 80tk 5 minutes ago but when I checked just now it was 70tk.
Hey, thanks for backing me up! 💗

When I first log on it's between 50 and 60 tokens and I've paid as much as 120 to promote the room, but I only do it if someone tips me 150 tokens first. It was floating between 70 and 100 last night.

Upvote 0
A lot of sites do this and call it "boost" or similar, a promotion for 30 - 60 seconds usually and costing about 500 tokens, or on some sites, they give the ability FREE for specific rankings (limited to 1 per week, or 3 per week, etc - depending on rank/status).

Honestly, CB probably didn't see any downside to this. They probably just thought "Hey the model can be promoted, where is the problem with that? Why would a model not want that?". You know how they think - not very well :rofl:

It seems like CB are trying to slowly add tiny features to try and catch up with all the other competition that are years ahead with all of this stuff

Reactions: EllaM
Upvote 0
In Settings/Privacy you can select no instead of yes to listing your cam on the home page. That should deactivate the promote button but I am not ready to broadcast so I can't test it right this second.

Upvote 0
I know the price varies, I already mentioned that (and it's in the promo terms via the link I posted).
I'm just curious about the statement that the more models in the pool, the more it costs, up to 150 tokens.
Thanks!

Upvote 0
I know the price varies, I already mentioned that (and it's in the promo terms via the link I posted).
I'm just curious about the statement that the more models in the pool, the more it costs, up to 150 tokens.
Thanks!
Why would it be cheaper to advertise when demand is high? That doesn't make sense. As far as I know, or anyone else, the pool could be the entire site of models plus the number of registered users logged in and viewing rooms. More models online? Higher price. High traffic volume? Higher price. When the promotion ends, a user count is sent to the model. [x] number of people saw your room.

It's a highly flawed system, really. Given they refuse to discuss anything or disclose anything more than "HI we dumped this completely useless feature on you but in a new and worse way!", it's anyone's guess but I'd say mine is pretty educated based on my working knowledge.

Reactions: KingMarti
Upvote 0
I kind of like the feature.. I have known models that don't use it because when they actually would want to promote the room, they feel like they are too busy and away from the keyboards.. (I know this won't be the case for everyone)

but I do also strongly feel it should be up to each individual model if they would allow users to buy the promotion :)

Upvote 0
I spotted that last night before I logged in, and then it wasn't there when I did log in. I was starting to think I'd imagined it.

Upvote 0
I swear that about half of all front-end engineers should be laid off as they just add features nobody wants or has requested simply to justify their salaries. Trying to Google "How do I do X" for any X leads to pages of things that no longer work because the buttons/menus have all changed in the 15 minutes since the article was published.

I'm looking at you Apple...

Upvote 0
I swear that about half of all front-end engineers should be laid off as they just add features nobody wants or has requested simply to justify their salaries. Trying to Google "How do I do X" for any X leads to pages of things that no longer work because the buttons/menus have all changed in the 15 minutes since the article was published.

Front end devs just need proper UX designers with them together with a mindset of "user centered design" but other than that yes you're right :p

Upvote 0

The crappy part is all of these suggestions are coming from tippers, not models. They actively ignore the things we ask for.

Upvote 0
I swear that about half of all front-end engineers should be laid off as they just add features nobody wants or has requested
Thats not true....management requested them 😂

Upvote 0
The crappy part is all of these suggestions are coming from tippers, not models. They actively ignore the things we ask for.
Which is also HORRIBLE user centered design, they are forgetting they have TWO user groups in their platform.. from what I already see, it's super common when there's not just one user group... they probably look at it like the way the company I work for does when it comes to software: "This is the group that pay the bills, we focus on their needs and experiences for the design" FULLY forgetting that if we improve it for both sides 50/50, then the paying group actually get better service also.. (Happier models in the case of CB etc maybe)

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
The crappy part is all of these suggestions are coming from tippers, not models.
I don't think they are even doing that, I can't imagine anyone requesting this "feature". Unless, there are a bunch of dopes requesting ways for CB to take their tokens with little to no benefit to the model. Of course, I guess we should never underestimate the idiots amongst us. 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
Why would it be cheaper to advertise when demand is high? That doesn't make sense. As far as I know, or anyone else, the pool could be the entire site of models plus the number of registered users logged in and viewing rooms. More models online? Higher price. High traffic volume? Higher price. When the promotion ends, a user count is sent to the model. [x] number of people saw your room.

It's a highly flawed system, really. Given they refuse to discuss anything or disclose anything more than "HI we dumped this completely useless feature on you but in a new and worse way!", it's anyone's guess but I'd say mine is pretty educated based on my working knowledge.
OK not going to argue, but good to know it's your personal take on it, rather than a statement of fact. I also think logically when there's a lot more models in the promo pool, your chance of showing up in the paid spot is correspondingly lower, therefore should not cost as much as when there are much fewer in the pool, and your chance of being seen is higher.
Over and out/

Upvote 0
OK not going to argue, but good to know it's your personal take on it, rather than a statement of fact. I also think logically when there's a lot more models in the promo pool, your chance of showing up in the paid spot is correspondingly lower, therefore should not cost as much as when there are much fewer in the pool, and your chance of being seen is higher.
Over and out/
I feel like there's a key piece of information you are missing. There is a limited number of placements for each 5 minute block.

When Chaturbate released the feature they gave models a notice that explained exactly how it works.

If they didn't limit the amount of placements for each 5 minutes then you would end up with queues that could be so long that by the time a model gets their room displayed they might have logged off, so the way that it is actually set up does work and does make sense. As more models want placement the price of that placement goes up as the availability for it goes down. Traffic currently on the site is another thing that influences the price of placement.

it's also not a chance of showing up the the paid spot. It's guaranteed.

Upvote 0