AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone else doing ASMR?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2021
USA
www.nymphdreams.com
Streamate Username
NymphDreams
[Since the other posts with ASMR in the title are from 2018, 2016, and 2013 respectively, I thought this might warrant a new thread.]

Basic Definition stuff, Background:
o_O ASMR = whisper tingles, "Autonomic Sensory Meridian Response" - a deeply intimate feeling like being lightly brushed or cared for that many find pleasant. While many people do not feel sexual responses to it, others do, still more folks don't get the tingles at all... For reference, at the other end of the spectrum of response is nails on chalk board. BUT back to the pleasant feelings associated with being tended to as with hair dressing, or the pleasant nature of someone whispering your name, or gently touching your hand.

:wait: FYI, The use of ASMR "triggers" (like whispering or mouth sounds) in sex work remains controversial to folks who don't want the two worlds to mix. As in, someone who doesn't talk about sex in daily life wouldn't want to be open as an ASMR fan if people generally think it means licking microphones as a masturbatory aid. (Re: Currently on Twitch there's a "meta" streaming trend of licking the microphone, on channels that specialize in sexy ASMR.)

However, it's hot to a lot of people. *Purrrr!* As early as 2013 there was (according to this ACF post) a category on Clips4Sale of ASMR. You probably already know this. Maybe you are an ASMR pro!

My experience/issue:
:pigeon: I use a big, obvious microphone headset when streaming, and prior to needing (loud) a/c this summer, I was using a more sensitive microphone on an extended arm and big headphones. Even now, the visible mic in itself indicates I should be more familiar with ASMR expectations than I am. For most of the folks in whom I trigger ASMR it's simply from my voice and maybe my open discussions about feeling safe to be open about sexuality - and not from doing special mouth sounds, etc. FWIW I'm on SM.

To me, ASMR requests seemslike yet another area of internet-mediated sex work in which communication is vital to the participant's enjoyment. Just like with any other kink, everyone is different in exactly what they like - even in a given "keyword"!

TL;DR:
:nerd: Actual question is, what are your experiences and what expectations do members have when they are interested in an ASMR themed private session?

I love ASMR Darling on YouTube!

I remember when she did a video playing Super Mario Odyssey on Nintendo Switch, and she had her fingernails painted red and blue to match her Nintendo Switch. :)

I never really tried ASMR because I don't understand what it is, and have never gotten an ASMR custom. I do find it really interesting though!

I'm also curious if anyone on here started out doing some ASMR without having spent hundreds of dollars on a microphone/equipment.

Also, worthy of noting ( @EliMarie717 ) - my ASMR experiences are triggered constantly in daily life, I don't really watch or listen to ASMR stuff except for research, which is why I'm out of the loop. I think cats are like constantly having ASMR too, or self-soothing to induce it. The purring and trilling noises and the self stretching and sunshine sitting :)

I used to think it was a physical manifestation of anxiety to have these feelings, but learning from the ASMR university podcast has really helped me reframe this type of stimulation so I can enjoy it and breathe into it. I regularly experience euphoria that is like a step away from narcolepsy - and this is an extreme of the calm everything-is-okay-ness possible from ASMR triggers.

I do ASMR with a mic that was gifted to me for ukulele purposes. It wasn’t very expensive I don’t think.

so while I’m live I have them tip $10 to get the mic out. I have magnetic sand that I run my nails in, I use a very calm soothing voice to make noises and tell stories with (usually joi) and sometimes I lube up and just make wet pussy noises. I probably get a show a week during the summer and 2 shows a week ASMR based. Many times it’s me on my roller skates skating over things like egg shells or bath bombs. I haven’t uploaded them as clips but they are in queue for after my surgery. (I’ll be taking 4-6 weeks off live)

FiFine makes budget condensor microphones, and this is one of them.

This guy reviews several FiFine microphones for ASMR use.
The "ideal" ASMR microphone is omnidirectional, so it is going to pick up arbitrary sounds coming from all directions. Something I notice on the Blue Yeti that looks really nice is you can turn a dial to change the pickup pattern. By default you can have it pickup sound just in front of the microphone. But if someone tips for ASMR, you turn a dial to the omnidirectional pattern, and now that same Blue Yeti mic is perfect for ASMR.

So, once you get to a point where you are making money from ASMR and want to do it seriously, spending the $100 for a Blue Yeti probably makes sense.

The "ideal" ASMR microphone is omnidirectional, so it is going to pick up arbitrary sounds coming from all directions. Something I notice on the Blue Yeti that looks really nice is you can turn a dial to change the pickup pattern. By default you can have it pickup sound just in front of the microphone. But if someone tips for ASMR, you turn a dial to the omnidirectional pattern, and now that same Blue Yeti mic is perfect for ASMR.

So, once you get to a point where you are making money from ASMR and want to do it seriously, spending the $100 for a Blue Yeti probably makes sense.

I had a Yeti before I started camming so I use that both as a general use external mic and also for ASMR. Keeping it on omni is ideal if you're moving around a lot during a show but cardioid would give you a better sound for specific ASMR content (like with filming). I keep mine on omni during shows but I also set up some audio filters in OBS to reduce the background noise and make it sound a bit cleaner and more professional. Certain filters can reduce intentional ASMR noises like crinkles or wet sounds though, so there's a cost/benefit depending on what kind of content you do. I mostly just do whispers with no mouth sounds or props because I don't get many viewers who are specifically into ASMR, though I do make a lot of converts lol

As far as my actual ASMR content, I like to do JOI, gooner mantras, femdom, moaning, and sex-positive affirmations generally. I also have a few options on my tip menu like an ASMR poetry reading or whispering a tip note. The tip note whispering is fun because I've had cheeky viewers troll me with it and get me to say ridiculously silly things, so if you go that route make sure you're comfy with people getting you to say random crap.

As far as my actual ASMR content, I like to do JOI, gooner mantras, femdom, moaning, and sex-positive affirmations generally. I also have a few options on my tip menu like an ASMR poetry reading or whispering a tip note. The tip note whispering is fun because I've had cheeky viewers troll me with it and get me to say ridiculously silly things, so if you go that route make sure you're comfy with people getting you to say random crap.
ASMR whispering of tip notes is pure brilliance. You definitely would get trolled but actually that just makes the show even more fun. I like ASMR poetry reading as well. Are you just reading random poems, or just erotic ones?

Are the other ASMRs you list being included on the token menu or is that just for clips you sell?

Reactions: NerdyZoey
ASMR whispering of tip notes is pure brilliance. You definitely would get trolled but actually that just makes the show even more fun. I like ASMR poetry reading as well. Are you just reading random poems, or just erotic ones?

Are the other ASMRs you list being included on the token menu or is that just for clips you sell?
All of that is on my tip menu and dice roll games, I haven't actually made any ASMR clips yet. Currently I'm too busy with cam to make any extra content unless I get a custom order.

As far as the poems, I've been reading mostly erotic ones by a 15th century Zen Buddhist monk who had a very sex positive outlook on life and was really fucking interesting. I'll probably change it up eventually and add more poets to the rotation but it's been working well for me so far.

You definitely don't need top-tier equipment to get started with it!
Agreed! ASMR hinges on a feeling of trust and personal attention. A quiet space to record can make up for lacking a superior microphone. I have backdrops hanging up away from two walls so there aren't any weird echos from hard surfaces.

I've been listening to ASMR videos on YouTube since 2016 I think... my fave ones are (weirdly) made by food-related YouTubers. The sound of chewing chocolate somehow calms me down. I've never tried it on cam because since this trend first launched, a lot of people jumped on the bandwagon. Which ultimately makes it a saturated market. Don't wanna be the party pooper, but there is already a hierarchy in ASMR, where most of the time people go for the most popular ones.

I love going to sleep with ASM videos in the background, especially those with people talking. I love hearing a whispered story. I tried doing that for my members while online but truthfully I kinda failed cos I don't feel like I take it too seriously, even though I had good feedback. I'll keep trying though! :D

Don't wanna be the party pooper, but there is already a hierarchy in ASMR, where most of the time people go for the most popular ones.
No lie! One good thing at least is that for ASMR to work best, it needs to be novel. Meaning folks are always seeking out new stuff, or interested in yet another version with different nuances.

I don't feel like I take it too seriously, even though I had good feedback. I'll keep trying though! :D
It seems like the key is to enjoy it yourself simultaneous to entertaining others. My mic is monitored so I can hear my own sounds, which really helps with sexy voices and quiet soothing sounds.

-------
So happy for everyone who has contributed to this thread!

I'm very interested in sex work as light working or as a layman healing modality. With this direction, it seems ASMR can be a key to soothing others' nervous systems whether NSFW or SFW. :cat:

I made an ASMR negative affirmations audio once, and it does decently well. I just used my Blue Snowball mic, and it seemed to work fine. You definitely don't need top-tier equipment to get started with it!
Negative affirmations is fucking genius!

Here's me looking derpy with my new (interim) Binaural ASMR rig. I still need some kind of flexible gooseneck so I can move down to pussy/moving around. This position is best so far for dildo bj's.

But don't be fooled, it's more than just the mics (~$50/ea) and stand and xlr cables... it's this whole a/v rack (thanks ikea) full of different inputs and outputs (thank you patient, nerdy husband)!

My rig is so complex because it is analog til the last bit, and then plugs into my computer via an elgato HD60, which is also where my computer receives input from my Sony point and shoot 'vlogging' camera (for streaming).
----------------------

Reflection:
One major feature of a mic like the Yeti is if you can go straight to USB, it's a loss to total audio snobs, but really takes out major finicky hurdles (like my two racks of extra gear).

I think regardless of the mic you use, creating a quiet environment is most important. Different mic types capture different shapes of sound from their surrounding area, as @GraysonDrake mentioned earlier the Yeti has options on what pick up pattern where as my Marantz studio mics are just the way they are (condenser). I can only now use this new set up now that it's safe to turn my a/c off, but have been using a (dynamic) headset mic that only pics up very close to it and ignores ambient sounds.

Attachments

• 2021-09-08-ASMR-rig-small.png
    2021-09-08-ASMR-rig-small.png
    868.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 2021-09-08-ASMR-rig2.png
    2021-09-08-ASMR-rig2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.