AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone else excited for nood.tv?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2015
Denmark
www.cam4.dk
Twitter Username
@gudheadt
im really excitede to see what this cam site will become, and i personaly hope it will be the chaturbate killer that we need, they seem to care more about making the site better for everyone and having a good suport team. 2 things i feel like chaturbate is lacking a lot.

here is there twitter if you dont know what im talking about.
https://twitter.com/noodApp

I follow Chloe Lewis on Twitter, so every once in awhile I see some comments on it while scrolling through the feed. I've also checked out the beta / prototype / proof-of-concept / whatever-you-wanna-call-it. I'm more interested to see how she plans and executes the actual launch and ramps up both model and customer users.

It's tough. I'm working with some of the underdog camming networks and I've been approached by many other webmasters with camming site startups inquiring about different forms of collaboration ranging from guest blogging to ad-buy to getting listed on some sites. It's a struggle, for sure.

Could you imagine trying to compete with MFC, CB and all those other established networks? They've got the name-recognition, models, customers and warchest for media buy.

i dont think it will be a problem to get models on the site, Literaly every cb and MFC model i follow are following eighter node.tv or her on twitter and knows about this site. so i think the thing she should focus on would be to get members on to the site. and if she can get some big named cam girls on the site, then that wont be a problem eighter.

I'm pretty curious about this as well. She's invested so much into this, taking a year off camming, and has been coding it herself, and that's pretty promising to me. She also seems to be amazing at communication and tech stuff in general. Also I've got a huge girl crush on her.

I'm disappointed to have not caught any of the test broadcasts, but the site looks pretty cool from the screenshots. I hope it does well and I'd definitely be down for giving it a shot once it launches. I'm glad to see that she wants to add males/trans after its running.

I've always been put off by cockiness when it comes to new products/sites/etc. The fact that she's been touting on Twitter that her site will replace MFC and CB is annoying. That's a lot of very huge talk and goes beyond confidence, IMO. To plan to be a competitor of these sites would be fair.

I hadn't heard of the actual site yet until this thread, I just remember someone tweeting about the girl who is starting it like a year ago. Maybe if I was on CB I would be more familiar with her and the site progress.

It has a cute name, and the site looks cute, but really we will have to see what they're willing and able to do about traffic right off the bat if they want to draw a big opening crowd and any big name girls.

Last edited:
I've always been put off by cockiness when it comes to new products/sites/etc. The fact that she's been touting on Twitter that her site will replace MFC and CB is annoying. That's a lot of very huge talk and goes beyond confidence, IMO. To plan to be a competitor of these sites would be fair.

I hadn't heard of the actual site yet until this thread, I just remember someone tweeting about the girl who is starting it like a year ago. Maybe if I was on CB I would be more familiar with her and the site progress.

It has a cute name, and the site looks cute, but really we will have to see what they're willing and able to do about traffic right off the bat if they want to draw a big opening crowd and any big name girls.
idk i just laughtede the replacing MFC and CB off as a joke, but yeah it is pretty cooky to claim that she can do that with out having launchede yet. but i have high hopes for her site, and belive it's going to take off as something big, like just that you have seen or heard something about it shows how well known it have already become. and thats before any real marketing or even launching the site.

like just that you have seen or heard something about it shows how well known it have already become.
I was pretty much suggesting the opposite.

• Funny!
Reactions: EllieGeorge

There's nothing wrong with ambition, or borderline arrogance for that matter, as long as someone can back it up. There's also nothing wrong with dreaming big. BUT I totally agree with you here.

The way she's been playing it up is one of the main reasons I've been anticipating it though. The beta isn't anything too impressive yet, but it's a beta. Easy to assume that right now she's just focusing on the tech-side and the user interface, features and all that stuff will come later.

In order to replace the major cam sites, it's got to be something insanely innovative, or she's gonna need a warchest capable of winning the 2016 Presidential Election.

To contribute to this thread in a more positive sense, I will say that I am happy to see an actual cam girl creating a site. So many have said they wanted to, but she's actually doing it, and coding it herself (it seems?). So if anything it should be a great, model-friendly interface and very pro-model when it comes to support and customer service.

Truth be told I've never heard of it before this thread. Looking at their twitter really shows nothing about the site. And the site itself is pretty bare. Is there any information out there as to why this is supposed to be so good? What features it's going to have that are supposed to make it compete with the main sites?

Truth be told I've never heard of it before this thread. Looking at their twitter really shows nothing about the site. And the site itself is pretty bare. Is there any information out there as to why this is supposed to be so good? What features it's going to have that are supposed to make it compete with the main sites?
The one thing I noticed is that it looks like members will be able to pay a small amount to watch previous shows. That's pretty neat.

I've seen her when she cammed on CB a few time maybe 2 years back. Not sure what camera she used but it was far superior to anything i had seen on CB. It was like she was using something ultra HD and everyone else was using built in cam. She was camming from an amazing house...... so yeah the the stock photo thing fits. She also had a presence on cam and often had more than 10,000 viewers

Reactions: TacoBelle
She also had a presence on cam and often had more than 10,000 viewers

holy shit didn't know Chaturbate rooms could get that packed, that's wild.

The site being created and owned by a camgirl is reason enough for me to want to support it and want it to succeed. The pretentious pictures tweeted and slightly stoopid name aren't inspiring much confidence but hopefully it can compete with the other top sites.

I'd never heard of her or the site until this thread but it seems interesting. It seems a bit thin on details at the moment from the quick glance I took but anything that can shake up the already established companies and even give them a run for their money is a good thing in my book.

Is there any information out there as to why this is supposed to be so good? What features it's going to have that are supposed to make it compete with the main sites?

So far, there's a few potentially interesting things:
- able to stream from any RTMP-capable software/device - this opens up the possibility to stream from a phone/tablet or, for those wanting to go all out, to stream using professional-grade gear (encoder/cameras).
- the site is being developed with both mobile and desktop support from the beginning. Personally I dislike the fact that they even bothered developing the Flash-based version given the future (or lack of) of Flash, but it also supports HTML5 (the main issue with HTML5 according to tweets I've seen from Chloe is a 10 second lag, but from my own work I know this can be reduced at a cost).

The replay thing is not something I care for, but I can see it being interesting for some people. And there's a few things she mentioned on twitter that I am a bit worried about (user-controlled sounds, for example) and unclear things (such as whether buying tokens in bulk will be cheaper), so for now I'll just wait and see how the site shapes up.

So far, there's a few potentially interesting things:
- able to stream from any RTMP-capable software/device - this opens up the possibility to stream from a phone/tablet or, for those wanting to go all out, to stream using professional-grade gear (encoder/cameras).
- the site is being developed with both mobile and desktop support from the beginning. Personally I dislike the fact that they even bothered developing the Flash-based version given the future (or lack of) of Flash, but it also supports HTML5 (the main issue with HTML5 according to tweets I've seen from Chloe is a 10 second lag, but from my own work I know this can be reduced at a cost).

The replay thing is not something I care for, but I can see it being interesting for some people. And there's a few things she mentioned on twitter that I am a bit worried about (user-controlled sounds, for example) and unclear things (such as whether buying tokens in bulk will be cheaper), so for now I'll just wait and see how the site shapes up.

I can see how responsive is important for the end-user, but I've never really understood everyone's infatuation with being able to host shows from a mobile phone. Maybe it's because I'm out here in rural Colorado where reception is shit and it would never really work in this state unless you were in the Denver Metro Area. Even with a wifi connection, it's not going to be nearly as fast as if there was an ethernet connection.

I guess I can see some application for streaming from the outdoors, but that's really the only circumstances that I'd see that being of value. Hell, even the fact that you've got to hold the phone the entire time seems awkward.

Reactions: IndySolo
I can see how responsive is important for the end-user, but I've never really understood everyone's infatuation with being able to host shows from a mobile phone. Maybe it's because I'm out here in rural Colorado where reception is shit and it would never really work in this state unless you were in the Denver Metro Area. Even with a wifi connection, it's not going to be nearly as fast as if there was an ethernet connection.

Well, rural areas will always be a problem, but in most metropolitan areas if you have 4G, it's usually enough to broadcast in HD. The downside is that then you have to keep switching between apps so you can see the chat (as the encoder is separate, unless they implement their own streaming app)

I guess I can see some application for streaming from the outdoors, but that's really the only circumstances that I'd see that being of value. Hell, even the fact that you've got to hold the phone the entire time seems awkward.

From a quick search, there's holders for desk/car usage and I'm sure some of those could be adapted for other situations, so holding the phone would be the least of the problems they would need to handle (I'm more worried about battery life - my brand new phone's battery lasted about a third or less of the usual time when I was using it to film things the other day).

i'm very excited to try this out once i get a chance to. i love things run by other cam girls, they tend to be much more genuine with interactions with models and with their intentions. glad to see so much ambition and dedication in another person. my hat goes off to her

OOO, this sounds so interesting. First time hearing about it, but I'm also new to camming!

so from what i understand models will be paid about 7 cent pr token, what im more consernede about is how much memebers will have to spend on them.

I hate when sites use weird numbers for tokens. I mean, a nickel is easy to calculate. You look at your earnings for the day and figure it out within a few seconds. But with 7 cents each, you're almost always gonna have to break out the ol' calculator.

Just my opinion. But more money per token is a draw for a lot of models, so... it is what it is.

Reactions: PerriMynx
I hate when sites use weird numbers for tokens. I mean, a nickel is easy to calculate. You look at your earnings for the day and figure it out within a few seconds. But with 7 cents each, you're almost always gonna have to break out the ol' calculator.

Just my opinion. But more money per token is a draw for a lot of models, so... it is what it is.

If the customer price is inflated to match the amount per token the model is paid, then the percentage is the same. would be a good tactic just the same, as some models might compare Nood to CB.

Not saying this is the case, don't know one way or the other and we won't know until launch, but it's something to consider.

If anyone is interested, Chloe is running a live test now - https://www.nood.tv/episodes/12 .

I registered and checked out the token prices:
99 tokens = 10USD =~ 0.101 USD/token
200 tokens = 20USD = 0.10 USD/token
500 tokens = 50USD = 0.10 USD/token
1000 tokens = 90USD = 0.09 USD/token
1500 tokens = 130USD = 0.086 USD/token
3000 tokens = 250USD = 0.083 USD/token

So a bit worse than MFC for the buyer , as on MFC it drops to 9 cents at 550 tokens and 8 cents at 900 tokens.

If anyone is interested, Chloe is running a live test now - https://www.nood.tv/episodes/12 .

I registered and checked out the token prices:
99 tokens = 10USD =~ 0.101 USD/token
200 tokens = 20USD = 0.10 USD/token
500 tokens = 50USD = 0.10 USD/token
1000 tokens = 90USD = 0.09 USD/token
1500 tokens = 130USD = 0.086 USD/token
3000 tokens = 250USD = 0.083 USD/token

So a bit worse than MFC for the buyer , as on MFC it drops to 9 cents at 550 tokens and 8 cents at 900 tokens.
How much does model get, is it 7 cents like @gudheadt said earlier?

Status
Not open for further replies.