AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Anyone know what happened to Ifriends?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 13, 2015
Twitter Username
@RoxiLace
MFC Username
RoxiLace
Streamate Username
RoxiLace
Ifriends was not my main site by no means but I had a few good regulars, one of them I would make $50 a show from here and there. Then today I get a notice that they have shut down because of net neutrality but I still don't really understand it? Why would they shut down because of net neutrality? Does this mean that there will be more sites closing because of net neutrality? I am kind of freaking out right now...lol. I've been working on an exit plan but its going to be another 6 months to a year before I can fully exit from camming.

Also another popular forum is down too (don't want to mention the name of the other forum in case it's not allowed), not sure if it is just a coincidence or what but wth is going on??

Last edited:
I noticed the other forum is down, wanted to look something up there. It is down from time to time, probably not related, usually back up in a day or less.

Really the end of an era. Ifriends was my first site and used to be the biggest and best out there.

I honestly think it has nothing to do with net neutrality. Other sites are thriving. They have been on a downhill spiral for years unfortunately. They really didn't change with the times and their traffic died. I used to be swamped if I turned on free chat there but these past few years I could wait hours for a member to appear.

I do have a lot of respect for the way they allowed me to email my remaining few fans there and let them know where to find me. Anyone who has an account there - log in and you can email your fans to let them know your contact info. (Click on Chathosts link at the bottom).

Reactions: AudriTwo
Of course nobody knows. They only give standard replies and give no consistent useful information. Havent you guys been used to that ?
Im searching for new sites to work on, any idea what would be the best one as far as the traffic and percentaged payd goes?
Thank you

I honestly think it has nothing to do with net neutrality. Other sites are thriving. They have been on a downhill spiral for years unfortunately. They really didn't change with the times and their traffic died. I used to be swamped if I turned on free chat there but these past few years I could wait hours for a member to appear.

agree. seems like a giant cop out to blame their poor business practices on nn when no other big box site or indie site are feeling the same heat. from everyone who worked that site in the past 5 years have told me the same. "it was good in 2009 now traffic is dead."

Last edited:
Wow I can't believe it. I remember when I signed up for iFriends while I was in college. I didn't get to do much due to technology back in those days (and as a viewer I racked up over $200 in credits). My goodness. I can't buy help but feel that it is indeed a copout as there are a LOT more potential revenue streams now than before.

Status
Not open for further replies.