AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Apartment Living and Cam Noise

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 4, 2016
Twitter Username
@Andromedaneko
Tumblr Username
Andromedaneko
Streamate Username
AndromedaNeko
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/502035/AndromedaNeko/
Hello everyone! I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I am currently looking to move into a new apartment but I am fairly loud when I cam. I am wondering if anyone has any advice/experience as to whether it's better to live in the upstairs or downstairs apartment to hopefully not piss your neighbors off. Are the people living below or above more likely to hear sex noises?

Thanks!
-A

Hello everyone! I apologize if this was discussed elsewhere but I searched and couldn't find anything.

I am currently looking to move into a new apartment but I am fairly loud when I cam. I am wondering if anyone has any advice/experience as to whether it's better to live in the upstairs or downstairs apartment to hopefully not piss your neighbors off. Are the people living below or above more likely to hear sex noises?

Thanks!
-A

I think people below hear more than people above. I've always heard noise from people living upstairs from me than those living below me in apartments.

I think people below hear more than people above. I've always heard noise from people living upstairs from me than those living below me in apartments.
Yeah I know noises from impact sounds (walking, moving chairs, etc) travel downstairs more, but I'm not sure about voices, moaning, etc, haha. Thanks!

I think finding a corner apartment is more important then upstairs or downstairs. That is, if this is possible. It's easier to hear people you share a wall with, then those you share a ceiling/floor with.

It's sort of a toss up and partly depends on how the apartment was built, insulation, type of floor plan. I have lived at both upper and lower units and I've been more concerned about noise living upstairs. My cam room unfortunately has spots in floor that creak and it happens to be in the main walking area of the room. The adjacent wall I share with my neighbor I can hear when they are talking or watching TV and I'm pretty sure when I hear people talking or watching TV it's at a moderate volume. I can't really compare both places too much since they weren't the same unit and different buildings, but if I were to move into another apartment I would seek out a bottom unit.

Last edited:
I also want to make another point.

I can't speak for everyone..but as a single female living in a big city...I would never live in a ground floor apartment for safety reasons. My safety takes priority over work. And while bars on the windows etc but increase my safety...it also means i'd have bars on my window..which sucks!!!!!!

I also want to make another point.

I can't speak for everyone..but as a single female living in a big city...I would never live in a ground floor apartment for safety reasons. My safety takes priority over work. And while bars on the windows etc but increase my safety...it also means i'd have bars on my window..which sucks!!!!!!
I don't live in a big city and my partner will be living with me, so I'm not worried about that luckily. Just afraid my sex noises will get me kicked out :/

Reactions: curvyredhead
It's sort of a toss up and partly depends on how the apartment was built, insulation, type of floor plan. I have lived at both upper and lower units and I've been more concerned about noise living upstairs. My cam room unfortunately has spots in floor that creak and it happens to be in the main walking area of the room. The adjacent wall I share with my neighbor I can hear when they are talking or watching TV and I'm pretty sure when I hear people talking or watching TV it's at a moderate volume. I can't really compare both places too much since they weren't the same unit and different buildings, but if I were to move into another apartment I would seek out a bottom unit.
And of course I'm going to view an upstairs apartment today, haha. Thank you!

And of course I'm going to view an upstairs apartment today, haha. Thank you!

Ahh, please don't let that sway your decision. But do check for creaky floors lol, and not just hardwood, my cam room is carpet and that's where it creaks the most! Since I live in an upstairs unit now I have installed acoustic wall mounts to help drown out sound.

Ahh, please don't let that sway your decision. But do check for creaky floors lol, and not just hardwood, my cam room is carpet and that's where it creaks the most! Since I live in an upstairs unit now I have installed acoustic wall mounts to help drown out sound.
So you think it's more of an issue for floor sounds and not moaning, etc? Floor sounds are to be expected with apartments I would say.

Yeah I know noises from impact sounds (walking, moving chairs, etc) travel downstairs more, but I'm not sure about voices, moaning, etc, haha. Thanks!

I've always heard more voices and sound coming from upstairs neighbours than downstairs. But it could have been that my upstairs neighbours were all more noisy. I've lived in a lot of places though and that was almost always my experience.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
So you think it's more of an issue for floor sounds and not moaning, etc? Floor sounds are to be expected with apartments I would say.

I wouldn't mind my squeaky floor if it wasn't in the prime spot where I am camming. I'm positive I annoy my neighbor everyday with nonstop floor creaking since it's right above her bedroom. So I should take that back and say check out creaky floors in the spot you think you may be doing most of your camming. Out of the two neighbors, I hear my neighbors I share a wall with more than the bottom tenant. Something that I lucked out of that hasn't been mentioned is having a unit not anywhere near a main entry. No one ever passes my door or apartment besides the person who lives across from me. But for all of the tenants that live below me, people are coming in and out all the time. So I do guess that's a little perk of living upstairs or not near a main entry.

Reactions: AndromedaNeko
I would definitely be more concerned about living in an upstairs unit, but it depends on how well the building is soundproofed. A corner unit is usually the safest bet.

My partner and I are in the process of apartment hunting right now, so this is something that we've had to navigate again too. I did impact play (spanking, etc) in my last apartment late at night and never got a noise complaint in the year+ I lived there, so if the building is well-built, you're probably fine for the most part. I'd just avoid stomping and heels on solid floors.

I was close to the laundry room in my last place, though, which resulted in me hearing a washer click *immediatly after* I had a really loud orgasm at least once -- they definitely heard that. Oops.

I live in an apartment on the floor level, and the only time that I feel concerned about noise is when I'm close to a window. I'm sometimes camming and because the window faces the parking lot, I can very clearly hear someone's conversation as they leave their car, and I don't want those same people to hear me haha.

my cam room is carpet and that's where it creaks the most! Since I live in an upstairs unit now I have installed acoustic wall mounts to help drown out sound.

Oh man, I work in the upstairs of a townhouse unit and the floor is SO CREAKY. It's not as bad when I have music on in a live show but using videos when there's little to no background noise? It's SO AWFUL.

I have little to say about up/downstairs but remember that sharing side walls with people can be tough, too. I have a unit on either side of me and I worry that it's next to a kid's bedroom and that I'm actually the worst person in the world.

I'm honestly surprised no one has complained about me yet. I end up shrieking when I get even a semi big tip, play music loud, and moan loudly >_<
What I've noticed helps is to have an A/C unit on high while on cam. I've experimented with sounds while on and what it sounds like outside and it helped drown out some of it.

Ask about insulation! mine is awesome plus my downstairs neighbors are basically deaf. you could always put a plush carpet in or some sort of something to muffle the sounds if it would soothe you. i know you can buy stuff for the walls to just temporarily attach for musicians. im not sure how expensive it is but im pretty sure there are inexpensive options as my baby daddy is a drummer and has no problems.

I also make sure to have music on and i made sure to ask my neighbors. if you do it fairly early on they will just think your young and in love especially since your moving in with your s/o. they will think your respectful for asking right away too or leave a note that says please let me know if my music ect ever bothers you!

What about Hitachi noise in apartments? I'll be moving to a ground floor apartment with no one above me, so I just have to worry about the neighbors to the left and right of me. I'm just getting a Hitachi for the first time (yeah, yeah, I know, I'm super behind on the times! lol :)) and they seem loud on cam-will the people in the next apartment be able to hear it?

I've always gotten bottom apartments because of DDR. I've almost always heard my upstairs neighbor, and only gotten complaints from one upstairs neighbor. I always try to make sure my camroom is on an outside wall, so I've no idea if the sideways neighbors would be a problem there.

Reactions: AndromedaNeko
I'm on the second floor in a 3 floor building and the apartments above and below me don't seem to be a problem. The biggest thing is to make sure your bedroom doesn't share a wall with another apartment. I did get a knock on the door one night when my moans were a bit too loud and frequent, so it is always good to keep that in mind when you are really getting into a cum show.

• Helpful!
Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I'm honestly surprised no one has complained about me yet. I end up shrieking when I get even a semi big tip, play music loud, and moan loudly >_<
What I've noticed helps is to have an A/C unit on high while on cam. I've experimented with sounds while on and what it sounds like outside and it helped drown out some of it.

Both bathroom and kitchen fans get turned on whenever I'm on cam! If it can help drown out sound then I'll turn it on.

Ask about insulation! mine is awesome plus my downstairs neighbors are basically deaf. you could always put a plush carpet in or some sort of something to muffle the sounds if it would soothe you. i know you can buy stuff for the walls to just temporarily attach for musicians. im not sure how expensive it is but im pretty sure there are inexpensive options as my baby daddy is a drummer and has no problems.

I've heard the foam egg cartons, and the foam mattress pads with the egg-carton-type look work well. If using the cartons, just the side with the eggs, attach them to cardboard or poster board, then attach that to the wall; the less you're attaching the less chance your walls will have stuff you have to repair before moving out. Bookshelves can also work to break up the sound. Keep in mind all that will act as insulation too, make sure you keep the room cool! Don't want either you or your computer over-heating.

Edit to add: Almost forgot! Whichever wall you're facing is the wall that will get the most of the sound. Put your sound-proofing on that wall first. ^_^

Last edited:
A helpful tip that I realized when checking out apartments - let the person showing you around know that you're a little hard of hearing and you sometimes play your music/tv loudly. Act concerned about how the noise will affect others and you can usually get a more honest assessment of how thin the walls are.

With that said, I've still gotten one noise violation from recording videos. I just stuck a big fuck, I'm really sorry card on their door with a Target gift card in it and haven't heard from them since, though there has been one uncomfortable moment when they were obviously turning their tv up super loud to drown out my orgasm noises. :facepalm:

I've lived in two apartments since being a cam model and never had any issues. But I'm in a college town and always lived around students so they aren't as picky as "real grown ups." :haha:

I do have one piece of advice. Be a creep! lol I've always had really good views of the parking lot from my apartments. So, if you can figure out which cars the people that live close to you drive...then you'll know when they're coming and going! So maybe plan cam/film times when they're not around if you're really concerned.

I swear I'm not as creepy as that probably makes me sound. I'm just observant and have a dog so I was always outside by the parking lot a bunch. Doesn't take much to figure out who lives in which unit and drives which car. Plus, it's easier when it's all students, everyone has their own cars and pretty consistent schedules.

I guess my other advice would be live around young people. We generally do not give a shit. :haha:

When you live in an apartment noise just happens.

I cam in my room and and I can hear my neighbour constantly playing Brittany spears and watching sex in the city. He is a guy bumped into him once at the elevator.

As long as your not screaming bloody murder then you should be fine. Get a headset mic if you feel like having an external mic might have you speaking too loudly.

Status
Not open for further replies.