AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

AppTestBed images -> main CB servers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 21, 2021
When developing an app in the testbed and you need to upload images for your app, you get a random filename to use. OK. Well, now that I am ready to go live with my app, I now have to re-upload all of the images and update the filenames for the main server area. Why?! Twice the work. And if I encounter a bug and need to go back to the testbed, names are now wrong.

It is funky how Cb handles the images. Not sure why either. I guess maybe they want everything in the testbed to be sandboxed from the main site and it's a completely separate environment.

Reactions: Lelo1
Upvote 0
How much work are we really talking about? I mean it's just like copy paste code.

As far as images, I'm guessing your doing some sort of work around? Like uploading pictures to your bio page, and then using the URLs?
Couldn't you just upload those to the main site, and hard code those URLs into your code in test bed?

Upvote 0
My complaint is that the panels that accept images can not have text centered easily, and those templates that have centered text can not have images!

Cheers,
Cexmental

Upvote 0
@Lelo1, no, you can not upload them to main site and use the links, as far as I know. You have to upload them to your app's page and get the link from there.

Code:
                "template": "image_template",
                "layers": [
                    {
                        'type': 'image',
                        'fileID': 'ff80f3a7-2108-4c60-8256-34ee4d4194c7',
                        'left': 0,
                        'top': 0,
                        'opacity': 1,
                    },

You get a fileID, not a path name. So, when you upload them to the actual CB site, you have to update the fileID's. It is not mind-blowingly difficult, just an extra step that should not be necessary.

@cexmental, center should be allowed in both panel styles. Why are CB so against the basic stuff? Some of their "lack of ideas" is amazing. And I just got started coding for here a month ago.

Reactions: cexmental
Upvote 0
Over the last 2 years I have made many suggestions to CB staff that have been incorporated into both the Public and Test Bed servers.

They do listen. If you can reach the right person, it helps! I recommend sending support e-mails and requesting the changes you need. One well written email can make a lot of positive ripples. The very fact that you can even test cb.getroomownerdata on the Test Bed is because of one such request! Maybe, they will eventually add more templates! I can think of at least 2 I want!

Cheers,
Cexmental

Reactions: mritter0 and NotYou
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.