AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Arrested Development

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I heart AD hard. In fact, I'm about to re-watch that shit from the start in anticipation of the movie (it's like, finally happening!). I dug the third season, short as it was (it was like condensed genius), but the second season is pretty much the zenith of televisual comedy.

Finally got around to watching this. It is indeed a fantastic show & I'll be starting on season 2 while I clean up today. :dance:

It's been confirmed that Netflix picked up the rights to the next episodes! We won't see them until 2013 though. :crybaby:

Removing the dust for some news.

New Arrested Development On Netflix Only For The US

I’m a Netflix subscriber in the UK, and I know plenty more. I even know some in Canada. And all of us are going to be shut out from next year’s exclusive premiere of ten new Arrested Development episodes.

According to Canada’s National Post (via CinemaBlend), Netflix’s Vice President of Corporate Communications has said:
The return of Arrested Development on Netflix will be in the US only.

There’s two ways to read that. One: that Arrested Development is coming back just for US Netflix subscribers. Two: that outside of the US, the show will find some other avenue to its audience, perhaps traditional broadcast TV.

Let’s hope it’s option two. The wording of the statement certainly seems to suggest this might be the case. Whatever’s going on, I expect that Netflix had the choice, somewhere along the line, to make the show their exclusive globally, and they did not. Perhaps they believe that the appeal of the show is largely Stateside.

To be honest, I believe that too, but I do think there’s enough fans here in the UK that it would have won Netflix some new subscribers. As and when we know where “the rest of the world” will be able to see new Arrested Development, we’ll pass it on. Hopefully it won’t just be via torrents.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/04/29/ ... -only-for/

Doesn't bother me if they don't show it here in Aus, they only ever showed the old series at like 11pm or some shit.

I'm sure I'll find them somehow
pirate.gif

Looks like I'm going to have to break down and get a netflix subscription. Can't miss Arrested Development. Have to find out what the analrapist and the rest of the gang have been up to.

For those in the UK (or anywhere else) who want to watch new AD (or anything else) on US Netflix, you can (it'll cost you about £3 extra a month but it's well worth it - the US version is infinitely better than the UK one)...

Once you've done that, in order to get continued service, you'll just need to sign up here...

http://www.unblock-us.com/

... and access your account from your console :thumbleft:

Season 4 is so good, but it is also so short. I think the movie is supposed to pick up where this season stops.

JUST finished watching the "new" season...which is sadly very short :(

I feel like a druggy who just got a fix...problem is....I need another fix.

Im totally in love with season 4. Its not as good as the first two seasons and only slightly better than the third, but by gum, its fantastic.

Its all the sub-characters that really make this season, Like Lucille and Argyle Austero. True to my almost-homosexual ways, Im totally in love with Liza Minelli and how she does Lucille 2.

Im surprised that Tony Hale (Buster) didnt get a bigger role than the one ep, but its still a great ep.

Ive been watching a lot of happy days recently, so it only just now (yes, after 7 goddamn years) that it hits me that Ron Howard (Richie Cunningham) and Henry Winkler (Arthur Fonzerelli) were both in Happy Days. Of course, I knew of Scott Baio (Chachi) and Henry Winkler thing from earlier, but only now, richie and the fonz.

I think it came from the fact that Ron Howard wasnt technically a character, only the narrator.

"Life is a Roofie Circle" --Maeby's Yearbook Quote.

-DP

I see some of you enjoyed the new episodes. I was underwhelmed by the first three and haven't gotten around to watching any more. My question is this: should I?

pg240 said:
I see some of you enjoyed the new episodes. I was underwhelmed by the first three and haven't gotten around to watching any more. My question is this: should I?

Definitely.

The episodes all cover the same time period (for the most part) and as you go through them you start to getting more and more of the story.

I was underwhelmed at first, but the more I watched the more I wanted to watch.

Reactions: pg240
DaddyDominant said:
pg240 said:

Definitely.

The episodes all cover the same time period (for the most part) and as you go through them you start to getting more and more of the story.

Thanks. I'll dive back in soon.

pg240 said:
DaddyDominant said:
pg240 said:

Definitely.

Yeah, if you're a fan of the series, you owe it to yourself to watch the fourth season. I think what held me back at first was the fact that each of season 4 episodes features only a few of the main characters. For me, the sheer number of awesome characters simultaneously embarking on random zany adventures is what made the first three seasons so great. As mentioned above, this season accomplishes a similar effect by revisiting the same events/time periods episode after episode, but this effect isn't really noticeable until you've watched a good chunk of the season. I really hope this cast + crew knocks the movie out of the park--because the AD universe deserves a killer finale.

Reactions: pg240
krukstyle said:
pg240 said:
DaddyDominant said:
pg240 said:

Definitely.

Yeah, if you're a fan of the series, you owe it to yourself to watch the fourth season. I think what held me back at first was the fact that each of season 4 episodes features only a few of the main characters. For me, the sheer number of awesome characters simultaneously embarking on random zany adventures is what made the first three seasons so great. As mentioned above, this season accomplishes a similar effect by revisiting the same events/time periods episode after episode, but this effect isn't really noticeable until you've watched a good chunk of the season. I really hope this cast + crew knocks the movie out of the park--because the AD universe deserves a killer finale.

Excellent observation and even more motivation for me to continue watching. I did notice the isolation of the characters in the three episodes I watched, which really led to more of a narrative-driven approach and much less zaniness. But I have to expect that the creative genius that inspired the first three seasons will show its brilliance again. And I agree about the movie. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.