AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Back support and posture

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

April699

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 5, 2018
Victoria
MFC Username
April_Bloom
Models please help!

i would just like to know does anyone else get really bad back neck and shoulder pains?
I like to film primarily with me sitting on my bed (i do mix it up from time to time but find i get better view on bed) but oh my lord does my back kill!

I have been told that its bad sitting on such a soft surface for long periods of time but its not even that long i film for sometimes.

I honestly feel like a crippled old lady. :(

I've been wondering this as well, I have a big teddy bear that I use to prop myself up a bit, but my back kills at the end of the week. I've tried camming from my living room and the floor but it doesn't really work in my apartment

This has always been one of my main problems with camming. I also find a lot of positions that I pose in or dance in tend to be uncomfortable on the back and if I lean back on pillows it's not enormously engaging for viewers unless I'm doing a show. I have seen some girls who cam in a more supportive looking desk chair, which might help. I think especially if it doesn't have arm rests it can be used as a prop to either sit on or straddle.

I mostly stand during shows. I broadcast from the living room and the angles work out that I can't show my feet, so I wear comfy slippers and try to shift my weight as much as possible.

The key to less back pain is a strong core. Try not to slouch, pick outfits that make you sit up straight.

You could also consider getting a flexible gaming chair. I have one, bought it from Amazon for $80. I think it has eight different positions from 90 degees to 180 degrees. You could get one to match your bedding and it will blend in to the point no one will notice.

I recommend testing different positions before getting on cam. Only because adjusting it on cam will be awkward. You have to push it past the full upright to lay it flat again. Otherwise I find that really helps my back.

I've seen some girls get tipped for massage fantasy play. Maybe figure out a way to make it work for the show. Use oils or lotions. I saw some cool wooden massage tools online. They're meant for your feet I think, but would be great for lower back massages, too.

When I'm performing in shows, I use a wedge to help prop me up so I'm stressing my spine or having to sit in a weird posture.

I use this. It's a little pricey, but it's washable.
https://www.liberator.com/wedge.html

I mostly stand during shows. I broadcast from the living room and the angles work out that I can't show my feet, so I wear comfy slippers and try to shift my weight as much as possible.

The key to less back pain is a strong core. Try not to slouch, pick outfits that make you sit up straight.

You could also consider getting a flexible gaming chair. I have one, bought it from Amazon for $80. I think it has eight different positions from 90 degees to 180 degrees. You could get one to match your bedding and it will blend in to the point no one will notice.

I recommend testing different positions before getting on cam. Only because adjusting it on cam will be awkward. You have to push it past the full upright to lay it flat again. Otherwise I find that really helps my back.

I've seen some girls get tipped for massage fantasy play. Maybe figure out a way to make it work for the show. Use oils or lotions. I saw some cool wooden massage tools online. They're meant for your feet I think, but would be great for lower back massages, too.

Aw thank you,
I love the idea of a gaming chair im still working on my filmiong space so hopefully i can find one that works.
Last night when i was filming actually wasn't too bad i moved around a ton and wasn't so stressed about camera angles. i enplaned to my audience and no one seemed too fazed.

Aw thank you,
I love the idea of a gaming chair im still working on my filmiong space so hopefully i can find one that works.
Last night when i was filming actually wasn't too bad i moved around a ton and wasn't so stressed about camera angles. i enplaned to my audience and no one seemed too fazed.

Here's a link to the one I have: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01K4U62FC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

There are others like it on there, so search for pink or cream or white or blue...good luck!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lexi Lovegood
I'm top heavy and have a weak core and back. Camming at a desk with a chair is essential for me if I am doing it every day and for lengthy hours. I have linked this coccyx seat cushion every time someone asks for help with posture. For everyday use, I did have to replace it after the year mark. I did find this semi- comfy on soft surfaces (used this on my memory foam mattress) but it helps the best on firmer surfaces. If you have a higher end comfy computer chair you may not need this, but it makes sitting in my $15 basic office chair bearable every day. For filming aesthetically it might not look pretty if it's in camera view, for broadcasting it's great!

Amazon Link

I'm top heavy and have a weak core and back. Camming at a desk with a chair is essential for me if I am doing it every day and for lengthy hours. I have linked this coccyx seat cushion every time someone asks for help with posture. For everyday use, I did have to replace it after the year mark. I did find this semi- comfy on soft surfaces (used this on my memory foam mattress) but it helps the best on firmer surfaces. If you have a higher end comfy computer chair you may not need this, but it makes sitting in my $15 basic office chair bearable every day. For filming aesthetically it might not look pretty if it's in camera view, for broadcasting it's great!

Amazon Link

Aw thank you! I shall look now.
I use to be very top heavy too, 5 years ago i had to get a breast reduction as i had size H boobs and have since lost about 15kg so i think that's where it all stems from. People don't realise the toll it plays on your posture and back.

I'll second what others have said about core conditioning/strength. I do a lot of bicycling, and did extended motorcycle riding, which requires a lot of core strength so as to prevent arm fatigue due to heavy body weight on the bars. The same applies to sitting at a desk, or other positions as well. Try to get a few minutes of core work in a day if you don't regularly workout.

That being said, mixing up the positions, and moving around is generally best. They're now saying that sitting for extended periods of time is almost as bad as being overweight due to the health issues of it.

Core muscle caring is the best, and I don't just relate to abdominal areas.
I'd recommend to check a resistance band for off frame movements (It helps me not to be a degenerate desk animal). I carry this German made band everywhere, and use it for 5-10 minutes work outs:
View attachment 75087

I saw the picture before reading your post all the way through and genuinely thought that that was a vacuum cleaner belt you were going to suggest people use as a resistance band. Can't say that wouldn't be effective, it would just be super high resistance!

I saw the picture before reading your post all the way through and genuinely thought that that was a vacuum cleaner belt you were going to suggest people use as a resistance band. Can't say that wouldn't be effective, it would just be super high resistance!
It’s the oldest brand there is. It’s just not promoted aggressively. When physiotherapists, Yoga trainers, Ballet dancers, and NFL players use it, you don’t need to make too much noise :)

Giiiiirl, this! I sit in positions that are super uncomfortable, but they make me look sexy. I always push my chest WAYYY out with my shoulders back so that my top half and bottom half look more evenly proportioned. After 5 hours, I'm definitely exhausted from sitting like a creature from outer space! To ease the pain, I'll often switch up my positions, and I'll also do the yoga cat/cow/downward dog stuff to help my lower back, as it pinches the most there. My viewers seem to like the amateur "yoga." I also like to give myself around an hour to get unready before bed. In this time, I run a hot bath with epsom salts and essential oils. It is amazing what a nice bath can do for sore muscles and joints. I understand that not everyone has the luxury of time, though. Icyhot is also good, if you can stand the smell.

Thank God other girls have this problem too lol ! I cant talk to my doctor about it, and i always strain a muscle or two , and its sooo hard to recover from it .I would do massages, but who has time for that really.

Status
Not open for further replies.