AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Banned from chaturbate for "fraudulent credit card behaviour". No explanation, no answers

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Frustrated

I recently wanted to convert tokens from my account to cash. My husband has a verified cb account too. I tipped the tokens from my account to his in order to make only money conversion. We share a payoneer card for both our accounts.

One day after I tried to cash out we received a mail that the account of my husband has been banned due to "fraudulent activity against cb's term of service and the law." It includes some things about a stolen credit card, illicit credit card holders, pushing fraudulent tips and whatnot. A whole battery of accusations but I have absolutely no idea what they mean exactly. To my best knowledge I did none of these things. My credit card was not involved, the payoneer card is a debit card only and none of these cards are stolen.

I wanted to cash out around 18,000 tokens that I earned on cb. That is quite some money for us and so far I fear that this money is just gone.

Since then we have been trying to get an explanation from chaturbate, send them five mails already over the last two weeks, no answer. I found this forum, found the name of Shirley, so I sent her an email too. Again no answer.

I'm wondering if tipping the tokens from my account to the account of my husband is the root of this. Does anyone have any advice for me? I feel as if chaturbate will just continue to remain silent on the matter despite all my attempts to reach them through mail. I just feel helpless right now.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

CB is known for being very ban heavy, but in your case I'd definitely say your transferring a large chunk of tokens then trying to cash them out sounds like something that would trigger fraud filters on any cam site.

I understand and looking back at it, I agree it might look suspicious and we will never do that again. I'm just so terribly frustrated that I get absolutely zero response over weeks from chaturbate support, when there is so much money involved for us. And until I get a response it is still somehow just guessing what the issue might be. The mail from cb is so full of accusations without any real explanations. It's as if we should just pick one. We would really like a chance to prove our innocence, but how to do that when you get no response at all over weeks now already?

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Out of curiosity: if both your accounts are linked to the same Payoneer account, why didn't you just cash them out yourself?

The card is issued on the name of my husband. We thought it would be more correct to cash out from his account, so that card owner and cb account owner are the same.

Yes, exactly that mail. However, I was tipped by many, many different members, so I seriously doubt that these were all done with fake credit cards.

Was it something like this? quite possibly the exact cut n paste

As we trust you are aware by now, your access to the Chaturbate service has been terminated due to your fraudulent activity in violation of our terms of service and the law. Specifically, you have colluded with illicit credit card users in order to push fraudulent “tips” before the use of stolen credit card numbers was detected by our processors. These transactions have resulted in significant cost to Chaturbate in the form of chargebacks, refunds, and fees. Please note that Chaturbate reserves all of its rights to recover the full extent of its cost incurred as the result of your fraudulent activity.

nothing new about this happening

see other thread
https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/another-chaturbate-farce.24226/

There is some movement today. We received an email from cb support. My husband's account was unbanned. The mail does not really state where the initial problem was and why it was banned but it is definitely an improvement. I'll still say it was the token transfer from one account to the other but I cannot be sure. Now only the tokens are missing, token balance shows zero tokens :(

Payouts are today, if you converted your tokens to cash before the period end I think it will shows zero tokens because of that. Anyway I didn't had a pay for cb but it's what I understood Reading their info.

I'm not english native, sorry, I hope you can understand what I wanted to say. :)

I'm wondering if the problem with Chaturbate is their "mixed accounts" system.

On MFC and most other sites it's (sort of) clear: You are have a model account and you get paid, or you have a member account and you pay, MFC's oddball token transfer option notwithstanding. With CB, accounts can have tokens going both ways and it's asking to be exploited, so they preemptively ban accounts at the slightest sign of, well, anything, and ask questions either never or much later.

Payouts are today, if you converted your tokens to cash before the period end I think it will shows zero tokens because of that. Anyway I didn't had a pay for cb but it's what I understood Reading their info.

I'm not english native, sorry, I hope you can understand what I wanted to say. :)

I tried to cashout on November, 15th. Then I received the mail that the account was banned. It was unbanned today. In the token stats I can still see my attempt to cashout from November 15th, after which my account shows zero tokens. This is the state my account seems to be in now. The money from November 15th however was not transferred to my card, probably held back because of the ban. I'm waiting for another reply from support now.

I'm wondering if the problem with Chaturbate is their "mixed accounts" system.

On MFC and most other sites it's (sort of) clear: You are have a model account and you get paid, or you have a member account and you pay, MFC's oddball token transfer option notwithstanding. With CB, accounts can have tokens going both ways and it's asking to be exploited, so they preemptively ban accounts at the slightest sign of, well, anything, and ask questions either never or much later.

It is possible. I would prefer having a reliable statement of some sort in this matter.

Concerning mfc's token transfer possibilites, there is only thing this is used for a member friend of mine told me and that is sharing private show videos from mfc's private show archive. It is fair to say no user transfers tokens to another user for a great joke he made in chat...but this is another matter.

Update to our situation in case anyone's interested.

The account of my husband is unbanned.
We received the payment from the tokens that were in the account when it was banned :):):)

I still do not really know why the ban occurred in the first place though.

Reactions: Sevrin
Well you are lucky, when it happened to my friend was she got paid out then but got treated like shit , ignored and no reply to her emails asking for her account to be restored . Because she was in the Philippines.

Its pretty ridiculous that Chaturbate are still making such accusations against people when the model is usually innocent of any wrong doing.

accused of fraud by Chaturbate

I can only hope that search engines are picking up on these threads as a warning to others that have the same issues

Shirley was very helpful and polite and apologized for the ban. Big thanks to her. I guess we got caught in an automatic fraud detection.

my cash payout on my account did loaded to my firstchoice

Status
Not open for further replies.