AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Basically new, totally discouraged

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eleveneleven47

Inactive Cam Model
Apr 28, 2015
California
Twitter Username
@Char_ElevenMFC
MFC Username
Char_Eleven
I want to be as unique of a cam model as I am a person. I choose not to wear makeup, my hair is short, I am plus size (20-22), and I don't know how to turn people onto coming in my room :(

I feel like I'm doing it wrong, or badly at least.

HALP please.

Try Streamate. BBW natural women do better there instead of MFC. Also clips too!
I feel like the Streamate spokesperson here. lol
Also no offense tidy up your space a little bit more. It does help attracting members to you.

I second trying streamate or branching out into clips or phone if that interests you.

Also no offense tidy up your space a little bit more. It does help attracting members to you.
I will say I am a messy cam girl, if you only saw what was on the other side of my camera youd probably be horrified. It doesn't really appear your space is messy, just your desk, so maybe just try to angle your camera a little more to the other side.

ill say I am a messy cam girl, if you only saw what was on the other side of my camera youd probably be horrified. It doesn't really appear your space is messy, just your desk, so maybe just try to angle your camera a little more to the other side.

667ce9cb91d61718c82c2c88b6bc5f67.jpg

Hey Eleven :) If it's MFC you like the best (and I noticed you're non-nude, non-explicit so I understand MFC is generally the best site for that) you might just have to put in a lot of regular consistent hours on cam until you meet the right members. Some models are more of a unique "niche" taste rather than appealing to the broad mainstream, but they can become really, really successful. You may have less people in your room but the ones that love you, will really really love you, because there is no one out there quite like you. You may just have to wait around till these guys discover / find you on mfc. It may take time.

It is true that Streamate is generally more profitable for BBW, but I tried to do the non-nude thing there and it seems to only work for dominatrixes?

• Helpful!
Reactions: BONERKILLER69
It is true that Streamate is generally more profitable for BBW, but I tried to do the non-nude thing there and it seems to only work for dominatrixes?
Streamate's core is a explicit masturbation site, and it isn't a hang out site. they don't have laxed contact rules like MFC. if you wanna be non-nude, it's best to tie in the fetish aspect. also it doesn't help that the non-nude section is filled with models who do get nude.

bbw do well because you have affiliates that specifically advertise certain body types. they can create white labels that only cater to a type. we also have a good amount of models who are in the top that are bbw/curvy. where as mfc's top is usually fit/skinny models. so it helps normalize attraction to bigger girls.

here are some popular fetishes myself and other models who offer domme shows
femmedom, sissyfication, humilation, forced-bi, cuckholding, giantess, joi, cei, ass/breast worship, goddess worship, findom, chastity, feet, shoes, denial, strapon, underarm and leg hair, leather, latex/pvc, pantyhose, fishnet, stockings, raceplay, blasphemy

I want to be as unique of a cam model as I am a person. I choose not to wear makeup, my hair is short, I am plus size (20-22), and I don't know how to turn people onto coming in my room :(

I feel like I'm doing it wrong, or badly at least.

HALP please.

Well, you already are. It's not that you aren't a unique model, it's that you need to build confidence as that model. The way you describe yourself tells us that you certainly fit into a niche - which can be an amazing asset in this industry. I'm a muscular, hairy, hyper-masculine type...and trust me, not all guys like that. A LOT of gay men are doms/tops and I am simply not for them. I tend to attract muscle fetishist, 'bear' fans (men who like big, hairy men), and subs. I, in turn, play into this crowd.

Really, this issue comes down to personal confidence as a model, NOT who you are or what you look like (these latter things are your assets!) Play into them! The best advice I can give you is to learn more about your 'niche'. Maybe check out some sites and models that have your type of 'look' and see what sorts of performances tend to be appealing to that fanbase. You can build your performance from there.

When first you start camming, you are largely just building your niche and fanbase. Let the guys and gals who aren't into your look move on and pay attention to those who do like your look - they will find you. When I started, I got a slew of compliments...and criticisms. Some guys would say "Ew, all that hair is gross!" or "Nasty! You look like a juicehead!" What I do and look like is just not their thing...no big deal.

There are TONS of guys who are into plus-size ladies...annnd y'all are less common. You have a smaller niche, meaning more enterprise over what you do.

Keep your head up and just keep on truckin' - your fans will find you!

I feel better about how much of a mess my apartment is. Thanks, y'all lmao

I just DIED. Good to know other girls have to hide their shithole messes too

How did you get that pic of my room?
You guys should see the pile of crap that gets moved from my desk chair to my bed every day, and then back to the chair when I go to sleep. And, in true cam girl fashion, the piles of junk around the perimeter of my room are ridiculous.

Side note, in this post, I figured out how to make my text-to-speech do punctuation.

Holy shit it does new paragraphs too! But not profanity, apparently.

On topic, yes, you need to capitalize on what is appealing about you. As a BBW, you are going to have guys who love certain things about your body. They love big bellies, belly rolls, cellulite, and everything else about our bodies. Some of my best shows on streamate are guys paying me to wiggle my belly at them. They love that shit! I also do a lot of ass worship and big legs shows. It's very easy to do well as a non-explicit BBW. I actually make more now then I did when I was offering masturbation. More people come to me for fetishes now, because they're not always sure if someone is offering them or not if they also offer explicit shows.

I'm also new and wasn't immediately successful off the bat. I'm probably not everyone's cup of tea ether...BUT if you put in the hours and work, I honestly believe you can do it. What really helps too (or at least has me) is having content to sell. I took the day off yesterday, and made 10 vids. The next night I pushed sales on them as much as possible and this is an area you could really focus on...There are tons of fetish guys on MFC too. You could triple down on doing privates with these guys and push your brand forward.

The only piece of advice I can really give as a newbie is - don't give up. This is a marathon and not a sprint. Although having said that, I've found doing certain things can really help you get there more quickly x​

Shall I give away one of my best tips for free? Well, I'm feeling generous today, so why not!

For those who have a mess going on, this discussion caught my eye. One of the best things ever is to peruse cheap online shower curtains. Pin to ceiling or clip over space you're trying to hide. If you have wide angle shows with lots of action, get a few to line up together in a row. Covers everything without actually having to clean anything, and you can cheaply choose any backdrop or colors you want on any given day. You can even use them to lay on, and then they are easily washable, lol!

I learned this from my house getting wrecked in a storm and having to move a lifetime of stuff into a single room, with no time to unpack all the boxes and sort crap. Hang curtain neatly over said boxes (top of which is off-cam so there is no seam visible), and you can't even tell the difference. Looks immaculate, and oh so fashionable! lol...

People sometimes think they are paintings, or even the actual outdoors behind me, and are very impressed. Plus, portable when I need to travel and cam, especially fabric-type ones that won't crease easily.

I gave too much away for free - oh no! If this helped you, tip please :) ... I need to buy some more curtains so I have different ones for different moods! (I will consider a 'Like' a tip in this case, haha :) )

To OP: Congrats to you for being different! I would watch! I can't give advice for anything but Chaturbate, but at least there, personality is everything. If you corner the market on what you offer, AND you're pleasant or interesting to be around, if you have patience you will eventually get loyal customers and probably good pay. We NEED diversity in the cam market, so be yourself proudly! But note that money there takes a while to build to... the market is oversaturated. The more different you are, at least, the better your chances. Just be sure to be engaging - lots of people have filthy rooms there and they have plenty of tip love anyway. Be U.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.