AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

BBW Camming and Personality Appeal ...

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 26, 2018
Hello, lovely forum! I'm really excited to get started camming (deadline to setup: 1.5 months). I've been doing all this research, and I think I've got a pretty good handle on it, but I've still got a certain anxiety about actually attracting customers.

I'm 5"3, size 16 and I don't feel that "big", but I'm obviously not petite and have hips for days and a stomach, and definitely thighs. So, that could be appealing to the right person, of course, but what about personality and how that affects offerings? I feel like in general people have never expected me to be much more than a "fat girl" ... but I'm basically a pastel goth with geeky and kink interests, I'm a bit of a chatterbox, and I can get really flirty and teasing. I was actually fairly confident about all these things until I started trying to think of marketing myself as anything other than "BBW/Curvy".

I guess I'm hoping for some personal experience/thoughts you'd like to share, especially if you've been in the same boat starting out. Insight would be very much appreciated.

I'm coming from a fairly different body type, so take this with a grain of salt.

I've been marking myself as kinky, as quite nerdy, as a goth (sometimes) and as my body type. I've found that some people come for the submissiveness, some come for the body related tags, some come for the black lipstick. Some stay because they notice that my bio describes me as a D&D character, some stay because I sit and talk.

The best thing seems to be marketing yourself as all of the things that are you, personality and body type combined.

Hey! We're pretty much in the same boat! I'm 5'3" as well, however a size 18 so I'm a bit bigger than you. At first I was crazy worried about what do I market myself as (mainly because like most BBWs I don't have huge tits and I know a lot of guys love big boobs on big girls). My plan is to start in 10 days and I'm crazy nervous.

I'm a dominant so I try to get into that mindset when I made videos and pictures to sell. I don't know if you're a dom or a sub, but honestly I've been in the BDSM scene for about 14 years now and its a really good niche. People will come for those tags if you have them (and are actually into them).

I think the best thing to do is decide who you want to be. Do you want to be yourself or do you want to be a character of yourself?

Reactions: MollyMidnight
Hey! We're pretty much in the same boat! I'm 5'3" as well, however a size 18 so I'm a bit bigger than you. At first I was crazy worried about what do I market myself as (mainly because like most BBWs I don't have huge tits and I know a lot of guys love big boobs on big girls). My plan is to start in 10 days and I'm crazy nervous.

I'm a dominant so I try to get into that mindset when I made videos and pictures to sell. I don't know if you're a dom or a sub, but honestly I've been in the BDSM scene for about 14 years now and its a really good niche. People will come for those tags if you have them (and are actually into them).

I think the best thing to do is decide who you want to be. Do you want to be yourself or do you want to be a character of yourself?

Good food for thought, thank you :)

I feel like I would really enjoy the psychological aspects of domming more than pain play. It's something I've been delving into a lot more while trying to figure out my offerings. I feel like fetishes in general would be awesome to explore/make clips for, and for that I've got a "character of myself" kind of thing.
I really love the vibe at MFC, so I'm aiming for there to get into the more vanilla/switch sub sort of things (bc I like a little of everything). I I get less confident when I'm thinking about appealing to an "MFC" crowd, so I'm trying to be in the mindset of how to present myself beyond my curvy/bbw tag to the right people there.

Ooh, by the way, have you found any difference in using BBW or Curvy - like audience expectations, or has no one said anything?

Good food for thought, thank you :)

I feel like I would really enjoy the psychological aspects of domming more than pain play. It's something I've been delving into a lot more while trying to figure out my offerings. I feel like fetishes in general would be awesome to explore/make clips for, and for that I've got a "character of myself" kind of thing.
I really love the vibe at MFC, so I'm aiming for there to get into the more vanilla/switch sub sort of things (bc I like a little of everything). I I get less confident when I'm thinking about appealing to an "MFC" crowd, so I'm trying to be in the mindset of how to present myself beyond my curvy/bbw tag to the right people there.

Ooh, by the way, have you found any difference in using BBW or Curvy - like audience expectations, or has no one said anything?
So far with the videos that I've sold, no one has said anything. Most responses have been either asking about if I'll do customs or if I'm a sub or dom. Thus far nothing about curvy or bbw

Status
Not open for further replies.