AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Bed, desk, or floor?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeyJess_

Cam Model
May 10, 2019
UK
Twitter Username
@JessRox_
Chaturbate Username
JessRox_
Hi! I'm wondering:

Models; Where is your favourite place/position to cam from? (Bed, desk, standing, ect) and why? Do you feel it's the most comfortable, do you seem to earn more when you do that one?

Members; Do you have a preference? Do you tend to usually watch models that cam standing up, from their bed, girls in a desk chair? Why do you think that is? They look better, just coincidence, no preference?

I'm soooo indecisive when it comes to my camming space it's driving me crazy haha!

As a member, I prefer a model who varies how she is. More so because it is more natural for someone to be moving around, than just in the same spot all the time. Also, I would prefer a model to be comfortable rather than trying to make something work as it can be a health issue.

I posted before about looking into a standing desk. Whether it is a desktop unit that raises your monitor and keyboard, or an electric one that raises the whole desk, I highly recommend it. A little on the spendy side ($400 for electric models). But, IMO, health and well being is worth it. And, might be alt to use it as a tax write-off.

Reactions: KristinKervz
As a member, I prefer a model who varies how she is. More so because it is more natural for someone to be moving around, than just in the same spot all the time. Also, I would prefer a model to be comfortable rather than trying to make something work as it can be a health issue.
What he said!

Reactions: Trixxi_Love
I've done it all! Desk and desk chair, desk and settee, camming at the edge of the bed, couch. Now I use a rolling electric rising desk and vary sitting on my bed or the edge of the bed atm.

I found it looked best when I was camming with a settee. I needed the back of furniture for twerking, arching my back, and full spread from behind views.

For comfort, nothing beat my big comfy office chair and a L-shape desk. I could put both legs up while in the chair and it was still comfy. Just didn't look that great tbh...

Desk pulled up close to my bed (haha). Or standing. I move around a lot, I still haven't found a comfortable position that looks good for my cam preview though :(

Usually I am on my couch. Very comfy, and I can find good angles, lol. Easy for close-ups too. I move my monitor and lights in front of me when needed. I always watch my music videos on my tv as well while Im online. But I will be trying some standing after reading this!
Thanks!

I use my bed, it's easier to change positions without moving any furniture. I sit on my bed then when it's needed I lay down on my back or doggy style and other positions for shows, and if I need to stand up I move the table a little to have more space between the bed and the table. I only need to find a lighter table because that one weights a ton, and a more stiff mattress and everything would be perfect :)

That’s interesting, now I’m curious to try standing. I’ve mostly done both me and my computer on the floor, as that’s gotten much better results compared to on my bed or on my couch.

I cant say I have a preference, but one of my favorite models sits in a desk chair and stands. She alternates between sitting and standing and moves the camera depending on position. Typicallly when sitting, her upper body is on cam but sometimes is pointed lower, and when standing she has the cam fairly low, aimed up. Its very appealing

Thanks guys! I think ideally i’d like to be sat on my bed, able to stand up next to it and just swivel my laptop round a bit when I stand, but I dont have the space in my cam room for both a desk and a bed, so that’ll be something to keep in mind when I start looking for a new place in april.
ive been trying desk+ standing this week and it definitely brings in lots more viewers when I’m standing and dancing a bit than sat on the floor. Although tokens have been lower, probably at least in part because all my regs havent been around this week.

All three.

I cam from a chair, floor, or at my desk. I got myself a long usb extender and a tripod with a removable base so it's easier to move around. on the floor, i use a cheap yoga mat to avoid carpet burn. I also used it at my old house when we had terrazzo floors.

My current masturbation stations
MVIMG_20191207_144618.jpg

Not a model,
it's nice to see some verity. But I also get it's a pain to stage, light, be comfortable, and make it work.

I've been doing desk/chair and floor with lots of pillows around combo and have found it to be the best

I've been camming from my desk since I started. I definitely need a new chair though, mine creaks so loudly every time i move!

I've ran a lot of polls for members when I was trying to decide on my next setup. The member replies in this thread surprised me, since most of these guys want our comfort and/or some variety, which is nice. All the men who participated in my polls wanted me on a bed. Because they don't really care about my back pain as long as their peens are happy. 😂

To answer the question though, I've tried all of these things. I prefer a rolling desk and chair, with a futon sitting behind me. I can easily move the chair out of the way to either stand, or scoot the desk closer to the futon while I masturbate or whatever else.

Your space (and webcam) just needs to be flexible. I hate it when a model tells me she has no room to stand.

I usually set my chair in front of my bed to cam from so it doesn't shake when I move around, but my back in usually hurting by the end of it so my favorite is sitting in a desk chair. I don't have a chair in my new apartment though :/

Your space (and webcam) just needs to be flexible. I hate it when a model tells me she has no room to stand.
I have to be a good 8 or 9 feet away from my webcam to have my full body just barely in frame when standing, not everyone has that kind of space for their cam setup.

I suppose I could answer the OP question while I'm here. When I started, I was not sure what would come of this whole camming thing, so I didn't really invest much (money, or effort) in my cam setup. I cammed sat on the side of my bed with my laptop on a little laptop stand. It sucked haha, my poor back.

Slowly kept changing things, and now I've got a desk that adjusts height so I can stand or sit in my office chair. I have a little couch thing behind me, and an ottoman, but neither is too necessary to my cam setup. Love the desk though. It's wide and deep so I can fit everything I could ever want on the surface. Which is important to me because there are really a lot of peripherals that go along with streaming and such if you want to be fancy about it.

I also cam from a much larger space now, which gives me the ability to move freely between multiple options for angles and positions and whatever else. Not camming from my bedroom was important to my work-life balance and happiness above all else, I think.

I have to be far away to be in view for standing as well and if thats the case I can't see my screen. if someone asks me to stand I will stand up on my bed. I'd love to be able to stand while camming, but I'm so new that I don't have the funds to buy a bunch of things. So currently I work with what I have.

I have to be a good 8 or 9 feet away from my webcam to have my full body just barely in frame when standing, not everyone has that kind of space for their cam setup.

Yeah, it doesn't always work. I used to cam on a California King bed that took up 80% of my bedroom. I could either stand behind the waist-high bed, so barely anything was in view, or I could stand on the bed and hit my head on the ceiling fan.

Yeah, it doesn't always work. I used to cam on a California King bed that took up 80% of my bedroom. I could either stand behind the waist-high bed, so barely anything was in view, or I could stand on the bed and hit my head on the ceiling fan.
Haha I have a California king size bed 😂 and my desk, large dresser, and 3 small dressers all in my bedroom (where I cam). I originally tried starting at my desk, but when I needed to transition to the bed it was very messy and hectic.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.