AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

BEFORE I hit send with my documentation !!! HELP!!! Please.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 28, 2011
Dallas, TX
Ok Ladies... I am brand new. I was about to send all my contract stuff back for I-Camz, and I decided to research Streamates because it is all over the contracts for Red Tube, and I-Camz. In my research I stumbled across Ms. Amber's Forum here. THANK GOD!!! ( :handgestures-salute: You are a genius!) Before I hit send... Are all these sites different, or are they all Streamates? How much $ can I really expect to be making? How often are ya'll usually on Cam?
Thanks So Much Ya'll!!!!

Re: BEFORE I hit send with my documentation !!! HELP!!! Ple

Luci said:
Ok Ladies... I am brand new. I was about to send all my contract stuff back for I-Camz, and I decided to research Streamates because it is all over the contracts for Red Tube, and I-Camz. In my research I stumbled across Ms. Amber's Forum here. THANK GOD!!! ( :handgestures-salute: You are a genius!) Before I hit send... Are all these sites different, or are they all Streamates? How much $ can I really expect to be making? How often are ya'll usually on Cam?
Thanks So Much Ya'll!!!!

If you want to work for Streamate then go straight to their site and sign up. Most other links to "work as a model" are agencies.

I have been looking through the forums, and I see a lot of great things about SM and MFC. All I am asking is just for a little bit of insight before I make a decision. Who better to ask than someone who KNOWS... Right?

I'll have to second Lydia. If you want to work with streamate I'd just go to http://streamate.com and sign up there. That way you know for sure you're working for streamate and not an agency. You want to get as much of the percentage as possible :)

The best way I can break it down is if.....

You dont want to for personal relationships with your clients/customer and would just rather get online fuck your pussy...wam bam ty ma'am type thing then go streamate (SM).

You want to take the time and form a friendship/relationship with your clients/customers then go for MFC.

MFC is about getting regulars....SM is more about getting on doing the deed and getting off. I personally work both, MFC is my bread and butter but when it is slow or I dont feel like being entertaining I go to SM. Its really hard to tell somebody what to do as every model does different...there are models making less than $5hr and models making well over $100hr......you just have to figure out what works for you. I think the one thing we all agree on is make sure you sign up as a solo model and not under a studio.

Elay, Thankyou so so much!! That was exactly what I needed! I am much more about establishing a client base who I can enjoy on a regular basis. However, I just finished pressing upload for all the docs on SM... :woops: I am allowed to be on both sites??

Luci said:
Elay, Thankyou so so much!! That was exactly what I needed! I am much more about establishing a client base who I can enjoy on a regular basis. However, I just finished pressing upload for all the docs on SM... :woops: I am allowed to be on both sites??

Yes you can be on both, they are in no way related. They are both very different than one another as well.Be sure to get model status here as soon as you can . There is a wealth of great information in the models only section. It helps to read up and be prepared.

Reactions: Luci

Ok so I am exploring MFC, and well, to be totally honest, I am not nearly as skinny as ya'll... I don't see any classifications on your site like I do the other ones... BBW, Curvy, Fetishes, etc... Am I missing something, or does MFC operate differently from other sites?

Attachments

• 5.11.11.jpg
    5.11.11.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 320

Luci said:
Ok so I am exploring MFC, and well, to be totally honest, I am not nearly as skinny as ya'll... I don't see any classifications on your site like I do the other ones... BBW, Curvy, Fetishes, etc... Am I missing something, or does MFC operate differently from other sites?

Yes! MFC is very different than any other site. BBW or curvy can still do well there. I cam there and streamate and do well, and I am not stick thin ( I am kinda stacked :lol: )

MFC is all about gaining regulars with your looks and personality.

Luci said:
You don't have to put yourself in any particular category on MFC. Everyone starts out the same and share the homepage. You can set tags on your profile if you'd like to add descriptors to yourself, but that search doesn't seem to be heavily used as a means of finding models (as far as I know.)

Ok uploaded everything on SM and sent the application into MFC. How long does it take before I can actually turn on my cam? ;)

MFC is usually pretty fast on approving models as long as ur id and documents are sent in i think it took 12-24 hours for me when i first signed up!

Read as much as you can here there is so much amazing advice and information all the girls are sweet and helpful

OK... It's all sent/filled out! Yay! Ya'll are all GORGEOUS! Can't wait to be on-site with ya'll! Just curious though... How do ya'll cover up flaws? Pimples, stretch marks, scars? Ya'll all look so flawless, which is something I am not! My little Web cam is very unforgiving! LOL

You look beautiful to me! One thing I always tell girls who are trying to sign up on a site and they kind of get down about their looks....DON'T!! For one thing not all guys LIKE skinny girls, or girls with FAKE boobs, or FAKE hair, or BIG boobs or SMALL boobs like me! Trust me, everyone has a preference so to speak. Don't you when it comes to guys? I know I do, I prefer latin guys, over anything else, but that's my preference. We all have a preference. There are guys on here too, and they might chime in, but don't beat your self up, be confident. From the picture you showed, I think you look great! I would like to have a little curve, but I don't, it's just not in my genes lol. So have fun! I just signed up for Streamates also, and I have been on MFC going on 3 years already! Geez lol. :)

Luci said:

I'm very excited for you to have found this forum before you are signing up! You my dear are very lucky! I struggled for months before I found this place! It has been my saving grace!
Elay nailed it right on it's pervy lil' head.
1st thing you want to do is get a good cam! This is SO SO SO important and WILL make you more money! Most of us use the logitec 9000 pro. It's wonderful and also has great sound quality!
And just to second some above comments, ALL ladies of ALL shapes and sizes can kick ass on cam! We are all amazing in different ways and will attract the right regulars based on those attributes.
Just know that on occasion (especially being new) you will get a few trolls that may say mean things. It's not you! We ALL get them and they say the same thing in every single room as they hop around. Do not take it to heart even though it's hard!
You will soon notice that for every 1 meany head their are 30 sweet guys that will adore you! Just be your sweet happy self and rock it! I look forward to you getting model status and joining us in the secret lair of girly bidness!

I wanted to kinda chime in here.

first,welcome to the cam world!!
everything the ladies abive said it competely true!

I think Every girl has to find their "nitch".

and also dont be afraid to try differant sites out! Ive been on 3 in the past 2 1/2yrs:

Webcams.com I loved! I never had chargebacks, but I worked under an agency though and left because they went under, but at one point and time I was one of the top models on the site and was raking in around $1,500 a week, If I wasnt with the agency though I think it would have been closer to $3,000 a week.

ImLive.com keeps me busy and I spend most of my time in pvts,but I only make 35% and the chargebacks are INSANELY common.

MFC im not doing as well as Id like, because I have to use sound and on my other sites I didnt have too... it is hard with limited privacy like I have,so I cant work as much as Id like, and Im pretty bad at coming up with small talk, I seem to just freeze up.

good luck girlie! I hope it all works out well for you.

Ya'll are so so AWESOME!!! I have updated my MFC profile and sent you all friend requests! I am so excited! Ya'll have built up my confidence level and gotten me pumped! I don't know how I can ever thank you all!!! It means so much to me that all of ya'll have taken the time to write to me!! I feel like I am part of the most kick ass chick clique EVER! If ya'll can keep an eye on me. Constructive critiques from the experts is what I am going to need.

http://profiles.myfreecams.com/LuciLicks

I've seen from experience in the past that Stream...
is a company that is a real pain in the ass to get started with.

Personally http://www.MyFreeCams.com is where it's at!
But that's just my 3 full time years of research and opinion.

Peace!

And good luck!

You are so right. I sent the paperwork to SM over 24 hours before I did MFC. I am already up and running at MFC, all I have to do is turn on my cam. SM had 3 times as much documentation to fill out and I still am NOT 100% approved and ready to turn my cam on! It's really starting to pis me off! And wth is this business with a $40 fee to have your check direct deposited? Really?!?!?!

Luci said:
OK... It's all sent/filled out! Yay! Ya'll are all GORGEOUS! Can't wait to be on-site with ya'll! Just curious though... How do ya'll cover up flaws? Pimples, stretch marks, scars? Ya'll all look so flawless, which is something I am not! My little Web cam is very unforgiving! LOL

When I was very new to camming, I used to spend like 2 hours getting ready to go on. I would find every blemish, stretch mark and scar on my body and cover it up with makeup. It's SOO not necessary. I've realized I look much better on cam than I do IRL :lol: Try playing with your lighting and adjusting the settings on your cam. I cam in HD on Streamate (which I was pretty nervous about, I worried you'd be able to see every imperfection) but I don't really see too much of a difference. And we're usually harder on ourselves than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.