AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Being Seen While Invisible

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I recently had 2 things happen that made me question invisibility mode.
I have been set to invisible mode for over 1 month and I have never come out (disabled) of it.

1)
I had some huge "coincidence" happen, which is in no way just a coincidence.
A model I haven't visited or spoken to for 7 months, I saw them on the main page and decided to go visit them. I went in the room for about 30 seconds before deciding it may be weird, I just vanished for 7 months. So I immediately left. I didn't talk. I didn't tip. I didn't PM or anything, and I was 100% definitely set to invisible mode.
A few minutes later, I received a PM from her saying it was nice to see me and it's been a long time. How did she see me? It's impossible, or so I would think, after all, I am in invisible mode.

2)
Yesterday, I logged in to see who was online and stayed for a minute before heading out into the great wild world. When I came home, I had a PM from a model asking why I didn't go and say hi to her. I said because I was not online, but then she proceeded to tell me It had said I was online 1 hour ago (that time I signed in for a minute). So this created some mini-drama. Again, I was definitely invisible.

In both instances, why was I shown as "online" anywhere at all? The whole point of being invisible is to be... well, invisible.
I like to stay invisible TO AVOID the drama it can create when I am online and models may see the green dot.

Obviously, I understand if I go and write in a model's room it will show me, and i can also understand to HER (that specific model I am typing to) the "last online" for me would say "now" and then "1 hour ago" etc

eta from SC site re "Ultimate" :

"Invisible Mode
You can hide your username in a model’s room so that no one knows it’s you."
that quote is what I understood 'invisible' to mean, and it doesn't say that being invisible masks your online activity on the entire site. I can see how it may be taken to include that feature though.
Another interesting aspect I've noted sometimes is when an invisible user in the room adds a tip note, then everyone can see their username, as well as whatever their tip note reads.

Upvote 0
Another interesting aspect I've noted sometimes is when an invisible user in the room adds a tip note, then everyone can see their username, as well as whatever their tip note reads.

Yes, as I said
Until you interact in the room either by tipping or messaging (PM or public) *no-one* should know you are there.
Which we are warned about whenever we enter a room whilst invisible:

1691311365411.png

Reactions: NotYou
Upvote 0
So the concept I struggle with understanding is, given you're only invisible up until you tip, it seem that's only for those that want to be in a room without tipping?

Writing or tipping and then being "seen" means your name will be displayed in the public chat for everyone to see (models, users, guests) because it's next to your comment, like a regular person writing. There is no "invisible posting" so only the model will see it - I guess this is what PMs are for. You won't still be in the user list if you're still set to invisible and tip/type in public. The only way around it is to tip as anonymous.
Even if I write to a model in her public chat or PM or tip her, other models shouldn't see when I was online, I can understand if that specific model can click my name and see "last online: 1 minute ago" because I have publicly been in her room tipping or commenting (even if I am invisible), but another model shouldn't be able to click my name from the PM list and see that I was last online too.

So far from what I have tested it all seems to be very very inconsistent no matter what I do or don't do.

Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
I’m not seeing anything about the “last online” tracker. Invisibility seems to mean that you can’t be seen in the list of viewers. I admit that there have been times I saw my regular was last online 10 minutes ago and didn’t say hi to me and I wondered why but girls should not be harassing you and acting jealous over your last online time anyway, to be honest (if that’s what you’re trying to avoid) … That’s not professional behavior
IMG_3341.jpeg

Upvote 0
To me, it is implied though that you shouldn't be seen "last online" if you haven't revealed yourself to the model/s
The fact it does say you won't be seen unless you type/tip, but then you're still not being seen in the list.

I have shown from examples that even if I don't write to anyone or tip on the site, the models can still hover over my name and see when I was last online - sometimes accurately and sometimes it seems like it is only tracking from hours ago. Today, being with he model who has been helping me try to figure it out, she said all of today it displayed my "last online" as blank, there was nothing there. I did nothing different today compared to other days with her, so It's extremely inconsistent and one way or another needs fixing.

Ideally, I think you should not see the last online at all while the user is set to invisible/hidden.
But, if it is to keep that, then it should work as I suggested previously:

If I post/tip in Model A's room, only SHE should now see when I was last online when my LAST post/tip was sent.
Model B, Model C, etc should not see my last online activity on my card because I am invisible and did not communicate/tip with them.
So it either should not track when I am invisible, or it should track on a per-model comment/tip basis

Right now any model who opens a PM from me (even if I have not been to their room for 10 months) can see when I was last online, even if it was a few hours ago.
But like mentioned many times, it's extremely inconsistent either way.

I hope I make sense.

Upvote 0
I’m not seeing anything about the “last online” tracker. Invisibility seems to mean that you can’t be seen in the list of viewers. I admit that there have been times I saw my regular was last online 10 minutes ago and didn’t say hi to me and I wondered why but girls should not be harassing you and acting jealous over your last online time anyway, to be honest (if that’s what you’re trying to avoid) … That’s not professional behavior
View attachment 97175

To me, it is implied though that you shouldn't be seen "last online" if you haven't revealed yourself to the model/s
The fact it does say you won't be seen unless you type/tip, but then you're still not being seen in the list.

I have shown from examples that even if I don't write to anyone or tip on the site, the models can still hover over my name and see when I was last online - sometimes accurately and sometimes it seems like it is only tracking from hours ago. Today, being with he model who has been helping me try to figure it out, she said all of today it displayed my "last online" as blank, there was nothing there. I did nothing different today compared to other days with her, so It's extremely inconsistent and one way or another needs fixing.

Ideally, I think you should not see the last online at all while the user is set to invisible/hidden.
But, if it is to keep that, then it should work as I suggested previously:

If I post/tip in Model A's room, only SHE should now see when I was last online when my LAST post/tip was sent.
Model B, Model C, etc should not see my last online activity on my card because I am invisible and did not communicate/tip with them.
So it either should not track when I am invisible, or it should track on a per-model comment/tip basis

Right now any model who opens a PM from me (even if I have not been to their room for 10 months) can see when I was last online, even if it was a few hours ago.
But like mentioned many times, it's extremely inconsistent either way.

I hope I make sense.
I'm glad you started this thread. I have never fully understood what "invisible" really entailed and how encompassing it was or was not.
Your "last online" question is interesting.

Upvote 0
as the above screen capture states, List of viewers...... reading the info, it only applies to the chat list & i wouldn't assume anywhere else myself. Otherwise they would state those things also. So from reading there info on that mode, I got your only invisible in the CHAT list, no where else.
So your last online and everything would still show info on. Otherwise they would have stated site wide & not only chat list.

We all like to assume many things, but some things are what they say & nothing more. So to want to include LAST ONLINE that would be something to be added on the sites end, like turn ON/OFF last online info etc.

Upvote 0
Had I of known that models could see your last online - and it not be consistent - I most likely would not have bought ultimate for a year.
The whole reason is to avoid drama from models and not being seen when I simply go online to see a specific model or to read PMs or whatever.
If it is only for the user list, then it needs clarifying in the explanation because I wasn't aware models could see "last online" for users.

If it worked how i mentioned just above, where it shows last online for whoever's room I post or tip in, then i think that can be an ok compromise. Still not ideal for me personally, but at least it then stops models seeing each time I am online and causing drama.

There is no reason a model needs to see when I was last online anyway, I don't see any reason for this at all.

Reactions: Ich Bin and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
The model that has been helping me try to understand this uses a computer/laptop to stream from.
But another model just told me (and showed examples), from her mobile smartphone, she doesn't have the same options, and she does NOT have the ability to view when I was online or not, and she told me she has never been able to see my visibility even in the token stats page, but she can see it from other people.
I even set myself online and left myself like it for over 15 minutes, she still could not see it anywhere (all she could see is the usual green dot).

Reactions: Ich Bin
Upvote 0
Just my own thoughts, but it seems the *drama* you're trying to avoid stems from some expectation from certain models that you only visit them, which is of course unreasonable (unless you've told them this).
Far easier to just be upfront about not offering monogomy?
Again, just mho.

Upvote 0
I think there's confusion between the two different things you are all discussing.

Invisible Mode does not promise that you will not appear offline/online.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 1.31.25 PM.png Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 1.32.00 PM.png

In saying that..
I can see from this conversation that this is something that is very important to many of you, therefore, I will look further into how we can assist with this 😉

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just my own thoughts, but it seems the *drama* you're trying to avoid stems from some expectation from certain models that you only visit them, which is of course unreasonable (unless you've told them this).
Far easier to just be upfront about not offering monogomy?
Again, just mho.
that's not altogether correct. I never tell or imply to models I visit them exclusively. However, I don't mention other models at all. I think models should assume users visit other models unless they have had a specific discussion about it and the user say they don't.

I am in a drama right now with a model because my work hours have expanded drastically and I hardly see her because her hours are now completely during this new work time. She asked why I was distant and I told her about the new hours and a few days later she sends me a PM photo of myself as king in another room and calls me a liar - a room where the model broadcasts early morning when I am available. That is the recipe for an instant unfollow from me.

There is all kinds of drama on these sites from both users and models. It makes me appreciate the true professionals I interact with more.

I think having invisibility exempt a member from the "last logged on" would save at least a little of it

• Hugs
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
that's not altogether correct.
Not sure which part you're disagreeing with, based on what you went on to add after ^ this.
Felt like we're in agreement - unless someone specifically tells a model they exclusively only visit their room, be open about the fact you visit others (without naming) and deal with consequences if they won't accept that.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Not sure which part you're disagreeing with, based on what you went on to add after ^ this.
Felt like we're in agreement - unless someone specifically tells a model they exclusively only visit their room, be open about the fact you visit others (without naming) and deal with consequences if they won't accept that.
just that I think in the majority of cases it doesn't come up at all. Your response sounded like you think the cause is typically the user misleading the model

I mean, I am not going to say to a model "by the way, I visit and tip other models" if it does not naturally come up. I do say that if the model makes a comment that makes it clear she thinks I only visit her, but that is relatively rare

Upvote 0
Sounds like most would like an option added to turn ON/OFF the last seen/online part on profiles. Be it a paid or free option.
Then with both invisible & seen/online OFF one would truly then be stealth using the site.

It is sad that so many cause drama & just don't focus on their own rooms. Everyone has a life outside the cam/online world. We are all free to see and do whatever we wish whenever we wish.

Upvote 0
just that I think in the majority of cases it doesn't come up at all. Your response sounded like you think the cause is typically the user misleading the model

I mean, I am not going to say to a model "by the way, I visit and tip other models" if it does not naturally come up. I do say that if the model makes a comment that makes it clear she thinks I only visit her, but that is relatively rare
Okay, got it now. And to clarify, no I don't suggest anyone just announces to a model that they visit multiple rooms.
But unless you specifically say you don't, that should be expected, and if a model 'accused' me of being in another room, I would say yes I was - not try to deny it, or hide the fact.

Upvote 0
Okay, got it now. And to clarify, no I don't suggest anyone just announces to a model that they visit multiple rooms.
But unless you specifically say you don't, that should be expected, and if a model 'accused' me of being in another room, I would say yes I was - not try to deny it, or hide the fact.
I agree with all that. I probably just misunderstood the first post

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
I would like to raise a question here to models or users or even SC via @Charlie_SC ;) ...

What is the possible use, purpose, or need for models to be able to know when we as users were last online?

I cannot think of any legitimate *need* for such knowledge, but am happy to have reasons suggested.

Upvote 0
…as a member I don’t have one. But for a model I can see that’s good intel.

My fave model checks to see who’s online and gathers if it’s worth going online or not..?

• Helpful!
Reactions: Tackybrady
Upvote 0
…as a member I don’t have one. But for a model I can see that’s good intel.

My fave model checks to see who’s online and gathers if it’s worth going online or not..?
Yeah ok, I can see that, however that is "online" not "*last* online", but I guess they are related.

Upvote 0
I think they are related… and it seems like it’s just no green dot and hidden while in the rooms.

Upvote 0
I think they are related… and it seems like it’s just no green dot and hidden while in the rooms.
True, but @NotYou is talking about models seeing how long ago he was online e.g. 6 hours ago etc, that is not just the green dot.

Personally I am not worried about the info being available, I am merely curious as to why models would want to know that, apart from the insanely jealous ones who use it to complain to and berate users for visiting other models.

Reactions: Maxi
Upvote 0
True, but @NotYou is talking about models seeing how long ago he was online e.g. 6 hours ago etc, that is not just the green dot.

Personally I am not worried about the info being available, I am merely curious as to why models would want to know that, apart from the insanely jealous ones who use it to complain to and berate users for visiting other models.
I think we know why members would want to hide, as after a while probably most of us have encountered what you mentioned.

As for models, I can only tell you what I’ve been told 🙂

Upvote 0
I am merely curious as to why models would want to know that, apart from the insanely jealous ones who use it to complain to and berate users for visiting other models.
IF the function was working properly (and from @NotYou posts it looks like it's quite random) a model could use it to adjust their schedule to better match their best tippers schedules.

Upvote 0
I would like to raise a question here to models or users or even SC via @Charlie_SC ;) ...
What is the possible use, purpose, or need for models to be able to know when we as users were last online?
I cannot think of any legitimate *need* for such knowledge, but am happy to have reasons suggested.
Maybe it's around a sense of inclusion, so folk feel like they're part of a community?
It may also allow users to check if they're missing out on seeing a favourite model, although if they publish a schedule, that shouldn't be necessary.
But I think by itself, 'last online' isn't much use, as the time online is far more relevant. For example, a model might sign in briefly to check messages, but not broadcast.
'Last online' and 'duration' might be more useful to know......

Upvote 0
IF the function was working properly (and from @NotYou posts it looks like it's quite random) a model could use it to adjust their schedule to better match their best tippers schedules.
That’s valid. Although I have had several models just ask me and that’s probably most reliable

Upvote 0
I have had a situation that has occurred twice with the same model - I entered the room invisible and the model looked at the screen and smiled and said “hi <my username>” as if I had popped up on the room list. Today the same thing happened with the same model except she send me a PM

I double checked that I was invisible both times. Weird

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.