AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Being Seen While Invisible

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I recently had 2 things happen that made me question invisibility mode.
I have been set to invisible mode for over 1 month and I have never come out (disabled) of it.

1)
I had some huge "coincidence" happen, which is in no way just a coincidence.
A model I haven't visited or spoken to for 7 months, I saw them on the main page and decided to go visit them. I went in the room for about 30 seconds before deciding it may be weird, I just vanished for 7 months. So I immediately left. I didn't talk. I didn't tip. I didn't PM or anything, and I was 100% definitely set to invisible mode.
A few minutes later, I received a PM from her saying it was nice to see me and it's been a long time. How did she see me? It's impossible, or so I would think, after all, I am in invisible mode.

2)
Yesterday, I logged in to see who was online and stayed for a minute before heading out into the great wild world. When I came home, I had a PM from a model asking why I didn't go and say hi to her. I said because I was not online, but then she proceeded to tell me It had said I was online 1 hour ago (that time I signed in for a minute). So this created some mini-drama. Again, I was definitely invisible.

In both instances, why was I shown as "online" anywhere at all? The whole point of being invisible is to be... well, invisible.
I like to stay invisible TO AVOID the drama it can create when I am online and models may see the green dot.

Obviously, I understand if I go and write in a model's room it will show me, and i can also understand to HER (that specific model I am typing to) the "last online" for me would say "now" and then "1 hour ago" etc

Nah, she just gets an email notification when I’m online 🤷🏻‍♂️

Wait, models really get a notification to say if you become visible or are you joking? it sounds like you're being serious, which I don't know why they need to know when you're visible/online as a user.
If this is real then what, they have an option to tick a box or it's just if they are on your friends list?

Upvote 0
Wait, models really get a notification to say if you become visible or are you joking? it sounds like you're being serious, which I don't know why they need to know when you're visible/online as a user.
If this is real then what, they have an option to tick a box or it's just if they are on your friends list?
Models get emails when their top tippers get online, and we can check who is online in our private messages, all we have to do is click "online" and a list of everyone currently online will show ( thats assuming we have talked to them in private messages before). We can also check our friends list and see who has the green dot appearing, meaning they're online.

Upvote 0
Models get emails when their top tippers get online, and we can check who is online in our private messages, all we have to do is click "online" and a list of everyone currently online will show ( thats assuming we have talked to them in private messages before). We can also check our friends list and see who has the green dot appearing, meaning they're online.
Just wanted to add that it's not clear to me how the emails work. I for sure don't get them every time my top tippers are online, only sometimes.

Upvote 0
I can’t remember exactly what she said but I went online to top up and my mate DM’d me saying she was checking her emails and saw I’d logged in.

Makes sense to alert, though.

Upvote 0

I understood already about the green dot, and in PMs sorting by online/all, we have the same as that as a user, it makes it much easier but I am surprised by the emails for top tippers.
I wonder what the exact rules are regarding this or the criteria etc

Can users/top tippers opt out of this so it doesn't alert models about it?

Upvote 0
I understood already about the green dot, and in PMs sorting by online/all, we have the same as that as a user, it makes it much easier but I am surprised by the emails for top tippers.
I wonder what the exact rules are regarding this or the criteria etc

Can users/top tippers opt out of this so it doesn't alert models about it?
Nope. Nothing you can do.

Upvote 0
Nope. Nothing you can do.

Yeah, I asked Support, and they said all I can do is set myself to invisible mode.

Well, that really sucks, but I'd still like to know out of curiosity 1) is this something that happens for models or do they need to do something specific to enable it themselves? 2) Is it only top tippers (how many - top 10 of the week/month)? 3) What [other] criteria exactly (regardless of top tippers only or not) for a model tor receive the emails?

Upvote 0
Yeah, I asked Support, and they said all I can do is set myself to invisible mode.

Well, that really sucks, but I'd still like to know out of curiosity 1) is this something that happens for models or do they need to do something specific to enable it themselves? 2) Is it only top tippers (how many - top 10 of the week/month)? 3) What [other] criteria exactly (regardless of top tippers only or not) for a model tor receive the emails?
Why do you need all this info is my question? Are you on site to enjoy your time or to complicate everything in detail?

Upvote 0
Everyone needs to operate in a way that makes them feel comfortable, but I personally don't see the need for *complete* 100% history-less invisibility.

If there are models "in your life" that cause you so much drama as to make you need to hide for your own welfare, and you do not feel confident in communicating in a reasoned manner (courtesy costs nothing) how their behavior is not acceptable, then I'd suggest blocking them. It's a simple process.

Visiting a cam site is supposed to be fun.

But of course others' mileage may vary (obviously) ;)

Upvote 0
I recently had 2 things happen that made me question invisibility mode.
I have been set to invisible mode for over 1 month and I have never come out (disabled) of it.

1)
I had some huge "coincidence" happen, which is in no way just a coincidence.
A model I haven't visited or spoken to for 7 months, I saw them on the main page and decided to go visit them. I went in the room for about 30 seconds before deciding it may be weird, I just vanished for 7 months. So I immediately left. I didn't talk. I didn't tip. I didn't PM or anything, and I was 100% definitely set to invisible mode.
A few minutes later, I received a PM from her saying it was nice to see me and it's been a long time. How did she see me? It's impossible, or so I would think, after all, I am in invisible mode.

2)
Yesterday, I logged in to see who was online and stayed for a minute before heading out into the great wild world. When I came home, I had a PM from a model asking why I didn't go and say hi to her. I said because I was not online, but then she proceeded to tell me It had said I was online 1 hour ago (that time I signed in for a minute). So this created some mini-drama. Again, I was definitely invisible.

In both instances, why was I shown as "online" anywhere at all? The whole point of being invisible is to be... well, invisible.
I like to stay invisible TO AVOID the drama it can create when I am online and models may see the green dot.

Obviously, I understand if I go and write in a model's room it will show me, and i can also understand to HER (that specific model I am typing to) the "last online" for me would say "now" and then "1 hour ago" etc
Kinda can tell when someone is invisble lol Idk why guys do that. stop puting yourself in situations to have to go invisible.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.