AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Being Seen While Invisible

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 12, 2017
UK
I recently had 2 things happen that made me question invisibility mode.
I have been set to invisible mode for over 1 month and I have never come out (disabled) of it.

1)
I had some huge "coincidence" happen, which is in no way just a coincidence.
A model I haven't visited or spoken to for 7 months, I saw them on the main page and decided to go visit them. I went in the room for about 30 seconds before deciding it may be weird, I just vanished for 7 months. So I immediately left. I didn't talk. I didn't tip. I didn't PM or anything, and I was 100% definitely set to invisible mode.
A few minutes later, I received a PM from her saying it was nice to see me and it's been a long time. How did she see me? It's impossible, or so I would think, after all, I am in invisible mode.

2)
Yesterday, I logged in to see who was online and stayed for a minute before heading out into the great wild world. When I came home, I had a PM from a model asking why I didn't go and say hi to her. I said because I was not online, but then she proceeded to tell me It had said I was online 1 hour ago (that time I signed in for a minute). So this created some mini-drama. Again, I was definitely invisible.

In both instances, why was I shown as "online" anywhere at all? The whole point of being invisible is to be... well, invisible.
I like to stay invisible TO AVOID the drama it can create when I am online and models may see the green dot.

Obviously, I understand if I go and write in a model's room it will show me, and i can also understand to HER (that specific model I am typing to) the "last online" for me would say "now" and then "1 hour ago" etc

If you are a knight in a model's room, it will show up as a green dot in her profile page whenever you are online, I believe; invisible or not. Also, if you are friends with a model, she can go to her friends listing and see the dots to know who is online.

• Helpful!
Reactions: deltaepsilon
Upvote 0
The first model is not on my friends list, favourite or anything. And after 7 months, I doubt I would have even been in her PMs (I mean for the most recent) so she should see no green dot at all.
The second model I am a knight for, I am her friend, but she still shouldn't see the green dot when you're invisible. Unless it displays differently for models and users, I have tested before (and just now) from an alternate account that is friends with my main account, looking at her profile where my name displays as a knight and in my alt accounts friend list, there is no green dot for my name.

The only time you should be "seen" is when you make yourself visible or you chat in a room/PM. But there clearly must be something more I am missing, or there was/is a bug of some kind.

Upvote 0
I can see the green dot or information when the user has last been online even if they are always using invisible mode in my earnings tab.

Upvote 0
Wow… I thought the whole point of being invisible was exactly that. The model I Knight for has never mentioned anything in the previous ten months but it would be great to get some clarity on the particulars??

Upvote 0
The model I am a knight for showed me a screenshot/photo of the user card from when she hovers my name and again, it said I was online 1 hour ago, I had not been in her room or written or anything, so I am unsure why it showed me as being online again when she clicked my name (presumably from the PM or knight list). She took the photo and sent me it when I was not online or in her room.

Upvote 0
So, I am talking with another model (different than the 2 I mentioned above), and I asked her if she can see it when she hovers/click my name and if so, how long ago does it say I was online.
Now, I am not her knight, and I have just been talking in her public chat (1 message) and a few messages in PM. Now, she says it shows I was last online 8 hours ago. I was in bed 8 hours ago. 8 hours ago is midnight for me, and I went to bed early - much before midnight). Because I have spoken in public to her, I would have assumed it would say I was online 1 minute ago or "now", that would make sense because I posted.

@Charlie_SC I know it's the weekend at the moment but I'd love some feedback/info regarding all of this, it ultimately seems wrong and defeats the whole point of being invisible.

Upvote 0
So, I am talking with another model (different than the 2 I mentioned above), and I asked her if she can see it when she hovers/click my name and if so, how long ago does it say I was online.
Now, I am not her knight, and I have just been talking in her public chat (1 message) and a few messages in PM. Now, she says it shows I was last online 8 hours ago. I was in bed 8 hours ago. 8 hours ago is midnight for me, and I went to bed early - much before midnight). Because I have spoken in public to her, I would have assumed it would say I was online 1 minute ago or "now", that would make sense because I posted.

@Charlie_SC I know it's the weekend at the moment but I'd love some feedback/info regarding all of this, it ultimately seems wrong and defeats the whole point of being invisible.
Do you always hit ‘sign out’ when you leave or do you just close the browser window down? Just a thought..?

EDIT:

Actually, ignore that; it really should make any difference if you’re always set to invisible. Let’s see what Charlie says when she’s back in work 🙂

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Once a user goes invisible, the green dot disappears, although sometimes it can take up to 10 - 15 mins.
Note: Users should also log out of their accounts before closing their browser.

If a model can see the green dot (i.e. from the earnings tab as mentioned by @mika_kedi ), it’s because the page has not been refreshed.

But.. in saying all this, I’m hearing you all, and maybe a key has been broken somewhere, so we need to check this out properly.

@NotYou and @mika_kedi, I’m gonna contact you via PM to gather some info from you both so I can investigate further and see what’s going on.

Last edited:
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, I have also tested this myself.
So far, I can see that everything is working right.

If I enter the site as a user in invisible mode, a model cannot see I’m active/on the site.

When I enter the site with my visibility turned on, as soon as I go into invisible mode,
the green dot actually immediately disappears from the models' side/view.

Then after some time has passed and/or once I refresh the page (from the models' side/account),
the model can see the ‘user's last online time’ which is also accurate from when I went invisible as a user.

But.. I’m gonna continue testing, as will the tech team.
I will proceed to look further into this and thoroughly investigate some more.
I’ll keep you all posted 😉

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, I have also tested this myself.
So far, I can see that everything is working right.

If I enter the site as a user in invisible mode, a model cannot see I’m active/on the site.

When I enter the site with my visibility turned on, as soon as I go into invisible mode,
the green dot actually immediately disappears from the models' side/view.

Then after some time has passed and/or once I refresh the page (from the models' side/account),
the model can see the ‘user's last online time’ which is also accurate from when I went invisible as a user.

But.. I’m gonna continue testing, as will the tech team.
I will proceed to look further into this and thoroughly investigate some more.
I’ll keep you all posted 😉
my two cents worth, when you test, is it a simulated environment? so do you try to tip the model with fake tokens or real tokens, do you also try to be on her friends/knight list? if you are testing in a simulated environment do you have a mock dialogue? I've had many roles in financial testing and we would re-create the environment down to the smallest detail.

• Funny!
Reactions: Ozzie_
Upvote 0
my two cents worth, when you test, is it a simulated environment? so do you try to tip the model with fake tokens or real tokens, do you also try to be on her friends/knight list? if you are testing in a simulated environment do you have a mock dialogue? I've had many roles in financial testing and we would re-create the environment down to the smallest detail.
Real site
Real accounts
Real tokens
Real testing
I’m sure there isn’t a user testing team going in overdrive now because of a comment in a forum 😅

Thanks for the update… it’s probably a caching issue, right?

• Funny!
Upvote 0
Just to say after this Charlie did PM me and we have spoken more with explanations and screenshots.
Just to note for everyone else: it's not a green dot that shows, it's when the model looks at your profile card in their room from a PM/name it says "last online about XX hours ago" despite being invisible. And in my test today I didn't read or write any messages in rooms, and when the model went online, I asked her on CB to take a screenshot, and it clearly said "1 hours ago", which was correct for when I did the test.

So, if you ever have any models saying they know when you're online but you're always invisible, this is most likely how :rofl: :rofl:

Upvote 0
Yeah like no-one at SC knows how to test their own platform. :rofl: :facepalm:

Is this camsplaining, mansplaining or just "Teaching your grandmother to suck eggs"?

Upvote 0
Just to say after this Charlie did PM me and we have spoken more with explanations and screenshots.
Just to note for everyone else: it's not a green dot that shows, it's when the model looks at your profile card in their room from a PM/name it says "last online about XX hours ago" despite being invisible. And in my test today I didn't read or write any messages in rooms, and when the model went online, I asked her on CB to take a screenshot, and it clearly said "1 hours ago", which was correct for when I did the test.

So, if you ever have any models saying they know when you're online but you're always invisible, this is most likely how :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks for updating everyone @NotYou
We are continuing the investigation into this, and I will be sure to come back to you all with the outcome.

Upvote 0
2)
Yesterday, I logged in to see who was online and stayed for a minute before heading out into the great wild world. When I came home, I had a PM from a model asking why I didn't go and say hi to her. I said because I was not online, but then she proceeded to tell me It had said I was online 1 hour ago (that time I signed in for a minute). So this created some mini-drama. Again, I was definitely invisible.

In both instances, why was I shown as "online" anywhere at all? The whole point of being invisible is to be... well, invisible.
I like to stay invisible TO AVOID the drama it can create when I am online and models may see the green dot.

Facebook Messenger showing people as "Active Now" probably causes drama too. Lol. I've seen it say "Active Now" for my ex-boyfriend while he was asleep right next to me and snoring. 😂 And his phone was on the other side of the room charging.

Upvote 0
There is definitely an issue with 'last online' status.

Many Models and Knights have known about this for some time. When you select "Invisible Mode" a model that has you as their Knight can most definitely see when you were 'last online'.

There are a lot of security and design issues that lead to unnecessary drama on Stripchat, this being one of them.

Upvote 0
I just want to bump this because I honestly don't understand how it is showing the last online, in what circumstances it counts me as "last online".
My new example is:

Usually I use my desktop PC and Chrome to browse, but sometimes I will be away from it so I may have a quick look on my phone (also chrome).
I haven't been online for a good 4 or 5 hours on my PC, BUT I have looked multiple times from my phone - the last time being about 30 mins ago). So, on my PC I have not been on SC so I have not viewed rooms, messages or made any comments in public or PM, and no tips or pvt shows etc. Yet it says I was last online 3 hours ago.
The problem with that is 1) It was more than 3 hours ago since I viewed the site from my PC, 2) I have used my phone multiple times AND read AND sent PMs to a model during that time.

So, why on earth is It saying 3 hours ago, since it should either say 4 or 5 hours ago (when I last used my PC) or 30 mins ago (when i last used my phone) - although NOW it should say "5 mins ago" because i visited and spoke with a model on my PC, yet it still shows as 3 hours ago.

Literally, none of it makes any sense at all to me.

Edit:
Ok so, I just tried a couple of things with a model who agreed to help quickly before she left.
I set myself to VISIBLE so she could see my name in her room. She looked, and it STILL said 3 hours since I was last online.
I refreshed, I even went to the homepage and back, and it still showed as 3 hours.
I set myself back to invisible, but it still showed 3 hours. Then, the model refreshed HER page for me, and suddenly, there is NOTHING there at all to show my last activity.

So I think maybe/hopefully, with me becoming visible and invisible again it fixed it, but if this is the only way to "fix" it from the user end, it needs looking at and being fixed as a bug so we don't need to go visible > invisible for it to be "blank" for the model.

When she is online again tomorrow, I will ask her again what it says (i will remain invisible now completely again) and see what it shows for her.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Upvote 0
Just to update...

The same model can see I was online 44 minutes ago, so that didn't last forever and I have been invisible since yesterday.

Edit
After being in her room for more than 15 minutes it now says 1 hour ago, which would be correct. But it still makes no sense for when it's seeing me online. It seems to be random.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maxi and Ozzie_
Upvote 0
Just one to post here again more updates because it's kind of annoying me at how random it seems.

1 or 2 days ago:

1) I deliberately went to the site (from my phone and invisible still), posted a hello to someone in public chat, she went private, I left and closed the website.
I deliberately didn't return until this other model who has been helping me came online which was 11 am. She told me she could not see any info for when I was last online.
After a few hours of me coming on/off to her and her room and we were talking etc she looked again just before she went, which was 3pm, and at this time it said I was online 2 hours ago (after a few minutes it changed to say 3 hours).
I was speaking in both Pm and public and not "just" 2-3 hours ago, so it makes no sense.

2)
Today she came on at 11am again and sent me a message to say It shows me online 8hrs ago (3am my time). I was actually online then, i said goodnight to another model and then i went to bed, so this one is accurate - again this was from my phone.
She went for a pvt show, came back and it showed me as 9hrs ago (which would be right based on the 8hrs).
I tipped her in PM, but it still said 9hrs ago. She refreshed her page and looked, and then my recent online status was blank/empty.

This whole thing is very inconsistent, it seems, or at least I don't see any form of pattern from it.
Ok this will be all for now, it hurts my head too much. Hopefully you guys can look into this and fix it though - the whole reason i bought it is to be "invisible"

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This whole thing is very inconsistent, it seems, or at least I don't see any form of pattern from it.
Ok this will be all for now, it hurts my head too much. Hopefully you guys can look into this and fix it though - the whole reason i bought it is to be "invisible"

While I personally would not care, if you have purchased Ultimate membership in order to get invisibility (one of the supposed perks) then you should get it, and it should work. Consistently .

Reactions: ElGato and NotYou
Upvote 0
While I personally would not care, if you have purchased Ultimate membership in order to get invisibility (one of the supposed perks) then you should get it, and it should work. Consistently .
I'm not an Ultimate user on SC, but I thought the appeal of being invisible was so others in the room you were in could not see who you are, rather than about hiding your activity from other models on the site.

Reactions: SuperPookie
Upvote 0
I'm not an Ultimate user on SC, but I thought the appeal of being invisible was so others in the room you were in could not see who you are, rather than about hiding your activity from other models on the site.
"Hiding" from both when you are online. Until you interact in the room either by tipping or messaging (PM or public) *no-one* should know you are there.

There are ways around this with people with whom you are "friends" when a friend is online a green dot appears on their avatar (if you are looking at it in your friends list e.g.) although it is supposed to disappear within 10 minutes or so of logging off and presumably going invisible. But it should not be a way into seeing when you were last online. The green dot phenomenon should not be causing @NotYou's issue, but maybe there is a bug and it is. I would have thought that being invisible should exclude you from the last online stats also.

eta from SC site re "Ultimate" :

"Invisible Mode
You can hide your username in a model’s room so that no one knows it’s you."

Reactions: rockin_rod
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.