AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Private Chat

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 12, 2022
I have a quick question about private chat in Stripchat. Do you need the Exclusive membership or can you chat in private chat with models who you have tipped? I'm a bit confused how it works. I'm not talking about PMs as such. I mean something similar to "invisible" mode in Streamate. Just so that other users don't see everything you are typing to the model.

You have PM and you can do hidden tip notes that only the model can see. Both are available to all members. But without ultimate membership the model has to initiate the PM channel

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
The private chat in a model's room is just another view of the PMs. You can only chat privately with models who have messaged you first, or if you're an Ultimate member. I think some fan club memberships also gives you this privilege, but I'm not sure.

Upvote 0
The private chat in a model's room is just another view of the PMs. You can only chat privately with models who have messaged you first, or if you're an Ultimate member. I think some fan club memberships also gives you this privilege, but I'm not sure.
You are right, many fan club memberships include unlimited PM but I think the model does that manually by initiating a PM (I never joined a fan club without ultimate so I don’t really know)

Upvote 0
You have PM and you can do hidden tip notes that only the model can see. Both are available to all members. But without ultimate membership the model has to initiate the PM channel
Basically I took a model private. Before I took her private it was trying to sell me an ultimate membership. After the private I could somehow still chat in the private chat. I was really just trying to understand how that worked if I'm honest. It felt more like invisible mode than a PM, which I somehow expect to feel like an email, despite it not being an email.

Upvote 0
Basically I took a model private. Before I took her private it was trying to sell me an ultimate membership. After the private I could somehow still chat in the private chat. I was really just trying to understand how that worked if I'm honest. It felt more like invisible mode than a PM, which I somehow expect to feel like an email, despite it not being an email.
Taking a model private initiates a PM channel because the private takes place there (messages, tips, etc.)

That’s basically it. I don’t really know other platforms so I can’t compare

Upvote 0
Yeah, that's the thing with SC; once a model sends you a private message, the privilege never goes away. PMs/private chats never disappear either, even if you remove the messages. If one of you sends a message to the other again, the history comes back. There is a limit to the message history though, but I can't remember how far back it can go.

Upvote 0
Taking a model private initiates a PM channel because the private takes place there (messages, tips, etc.)

That’s basically it. I don’t really know other platforms so I can’t compare
Yeah, that's the thing with SC; once a model sends you a private message, the privilege never goes away. PMs/private chats never disappear either, even if you remove the messages. If one of you sends a message to the other again, the history comes back. There is a limit to the message history though, but I can't remember how far back it can go.
Thanks. It's not something I'm looking to exploit. I've known this model for a while but she keeps disappearing for one reason or another, mainly illness. She's resurfaced on Stripchat having previously been on Streamate. She's only a couple of days in so she's trying to find her feet with it as well. She prefers for our conversations to be out of the main drag and the Invisible Mode in Streamate always provided that. Seems like this is an equivalent function.

Upvote 0
Thanks. It's not something I'm looking to exploit. I've known this model for a while but she keeps disappearing for one reason or another, mainly illness. She's resurfaced on Stripchat having previously been on Streamate. She's only a couple of days in so she's trying to find her feet with it as well. She prefers for our conversations to be out of the main drag and the Invisible Mode in Streamate always provided that. Seems like this is an equivalent function.
All good then. The private message function on SC used to lend itself much, much better to actual conversation a couple of years ago. Now it's more like a glorified text message thing, but I guess it's like that because the majority of users are accessing SC from phones and they want to push users over to (paid) Plasmachat.

Good luck anyway. Sucks having favourite models go poof on you, so it's nice to have one reappear out of the blue :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.