AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best band you've seen live in concert.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZenHedonist

V.I.P. AmberLander
Oct 13, 2011
Eastside Shambhala
Twitter Username
@ZenHedonist
This is hard because I've seen a lot of good bands over the years. I've been a Rush fan since 1976 and have seen them 5 times over the years but they aren't the best I've seen.

Kansas in 1979 comes close. Amazing show.

The best was ZZ Top. Afterburner tour 1986. The music was tight and those 3 guys know how to entertain an audience.

Honorable mentions:

George Thorogood who many years later opened for ZZ Top and stole the show.

Sarah McLachlan (scored free front row tickets). Her stage looked like a forest and she really seems to love playing for you.

Reactions: headgasket
So Avenged Sevenfold will always be my like...number one. I've never seen them put on a bad show. To include having seen the same show in multiple cities one year. :D haha.

I went to see breaking benjamin some years back, also always good show, but headliners on that particular tour were not BB. It was *gasp* Nickelback. Chad actually put on a REALLY good show. super personable and just drew you in. I wasn't expecting to like them. Still wouldnt consider myself a fan, but thoroughly impressed with their over all stage presence and showmanship.

This is hard! I've seen a lot of great shows but I always come back to The Chop Tops as being one of the best. They opened for necromantiks and totally stole the show.

Avenged Sevenfold is my favorite band and they always put on a great show
I mean COME ON
UzBPIAm.jpg

Reactions: SuzySirenXO
This is really hard, where do I start? David Bowie and BB king in 96? Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds in 98, Willie Nelson in 2010? Max Roach the Jazz drummer (an inspiration to Neil Pert from Rush by the way) in 99, Paco de Lucia in Madrid 2004, where do I begin? This is a partial list by the way :)

one local powermetal band from quebec named Forgotten Tales and one bar singer name Bob Bissonnette .. ok low profile band and singer but damn so good in their own style

This is hard because I've seen a lot of good bands over the years. I've been a Rush fan since 1976 and have seen them 5 times over the years but they aren't the best I've seen./QUOTE]

Maybe not so difficult for me. ;) Been a Rush fan since '85 when they released "Power Windows", have seen nearly all their shows since. Exception being their R30 tour. They really know how to put on a great show, and I would say that they hold the top spot for me due to many great shows.

Some great runner-ups:

KISS
Garth Brooks
Eric Church

I love Eric Church!

He definitely puts on a great show, I would say probably my second favorite country concert I have ever seen. Tops would be Garth Brooks tour in 1998. Eric is a very, very close second place...

If I had to break them down to top three by genre...

Rock:
Rush
Kiss
All that Remains

Garth Brooks
Eric Church
Oak Ridge Boys

Classical music, etc. is usually local venues and bands. Not that big into large concerts such as them.[/B]

Chris Stapleton has some great music. Just missed his concert unfortunately

My top three (in no particular order) would have to be The Swinging Utters, Reverend Horton Heat, and Mighty Mighty Bosstones. Honorable mention to The Living End! Killer show.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
As far as value for the ticket price, the concert at "Racefest" ( before the first Brickyard 400 ).
38 Special, Bad Company, Ted Nugent (before he went nuts), and Lynyrd Skynyrd, all for $10.
As far as a great show, Rush is a close second but Emerson, Lake and Powell (before Carl Palmer rejoined) in around '86 or '87.

Best incident at a great show:

I saw Tool about 10 years ago. Great show. Lots of visuals and videos sync'd perfectly to the music.

Anyway, the band Meshuggah opened for them. A mosh pit formed and one big, really big guy was being a dick and just pushing people to the floor and knocking them down, not in a mosh sorta way, just being a dick. Security was closing in but before they could get there some little guy walked up to the big guy, slipped under an attempted push and punched him squarely in the dick. Hard. The big guy collapsed to the cheers and applause of the 15K people there. Security showed up, everyone pointed out the big guy and his crumpled ass was hauled off.

It was marvelous...

I've been to a lot of shows, concerts, what have you. Aside from some local acts that really put on a killer show, I've gotta say... Sleater-Kinney blows it out of the water for me. But perhaps that's an overly biased opinion because they are my absolute favorite current band, and have been for sooo long.

Oh. I saw *NSYNC on their PopOdyssey tour. That was pretty great for kiddo-me. Boy bands totally count, right?

First concert? as to boy bands, it's a "concert"... ;)
lol actually my first was Britney Spears. I'm not ashamed of my pop-loving past! :haha:

Either... Prince on a farm in Kent (1999, Little Red Corvette, Controversy, Purple Rain, If I Was Your Girlfriend, covers of Everyday People and Come Together with Larry Graham... it was great). We made eye contact. OR Springsteen at Hyde Park. Great set list (Born to Run, Born in the USA, Ghost of Tom Joad with Tom Morello, The River, Spirit in the Night), then he brought out Paul McCartney to do a bunch of Beatles songs at the end. Then the po po shut the gig down cos it was past curfew.

Honourable Mentions: At The Drive-In, Tool, Prodigy, Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails, Fleetwood Mac, Rage Against the Machine, The Cure, Bloc Party, Dinosaur Jr, Iron Maiden, Passion Pit, U2.

Saw Florence and The Machine. WOMAN GOT PIPES. HOLY MOLY! 2nd place would go to Alabama Shakes.

Reactions: vulpes
Honourable Mentions: At The Drive-In, Tool, Prodigy, Arcade Fire, Nine Inch Nails, Fleetwood Mac, Rage Against the Machine, The Cure, Bloc Party, Dinosaur Jr, Iron Maiden, Passion Pit, U2.

Bloc Party was my favorite band in middle school and high school. I saw them when I was 15! It was awesome!

As for best band? Probably my favorite band: Tame Impala. Hoping I can see them next month!

Reactions: LittleLei
I've been to three concerts in my life:

George Strait Country Music Festival, this was in 99. One of my mom's friends won tickets, and I don't remember who all performed. I know that The Dixie Chicks were opening and who I really wanted to see, so naturally we got there waay after they were done. It was fun, but it was also cold because it was at Jack Trice Stadium, and, of course, it was full of drunk rednecks.

In 2011, I went to the George Strait Reba McEntire concert. Caught the tail end of Le Ann Womack, have always loved her. Reba was incredible, I was honestly there to see her, and she puts on amazing shows. George's part of the concert dragged on to me, he performed for around three hours.

And last year, the stars aligned and I was able to see Tech N9ne. I was stupid and wore heels, so I wasn't able to stand up close like I wanted to, but we were the first stop on the tour so everyone was full of energy and put on an amazing show.

Bloc Party was my favorite band in middle school and high school. I saw them when I was 15! It was awesome!

As for best band? Probably my favorite band: Tame Impala. Hoping I can see them next month!

I loved their first two albums and then they kind of disappeared and then when they came back, they'd kinda lost that spark they had. I met their drummer once though! He was a cool dood. We spoke about Hendrix and Gang of Four.

Not sure if I've seen anyone strip to these older songs before...

I've seen Lana Del Rey Twice ; AMAZING. I met her once and she was so nice and signed my ticket and took a picture with me!

I saw Marilyn Manson 12 years ago he was awesome, loved Rob Zombie, I've seen Tool (also awesome), Killswitch Engage puts on an awesome show.

Status
Not open for further replies.