AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best band you've seen live in concert.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They Might Be Giants at Bumbershoot about twenty years ago. It was an incredibly fun show, with lots of unabashed geek energy, long before that was a cool thing. Chanting our allegiances in Battle for the Planet of the Apes, confetti cannons, and towards the end of the show, the biggest conga line I've ever seen formed, and it snaked its way through the audience.

They Might Be Giants at Bumbershoot about twenty years ago. It was an incredibly fun show, with lots of unabashed geek energy, long before that was a cool thing. Chanting our allegiances in Battle for the Planet of the Apes, confetti cannons, and towards the end of the show, the biggest conga line I've ever seen formed, and it snaked its way through the audience.

One of my favourite bands of the time.

Reactions: zippypinhead
Sigur Ros.

Oh, where do I start?

Saw King Khan and the Shrines play at a shoebox sized venue a few years ago. The band hardly fit on the stage. The energy was amazing, 10/10 would do it again.

Caught Bon Iver playing at a bar when he toured for his first album. I've never witnessed such a captive audience. The whole place went radio silent when he started to play and it was beautiful.

Seeing Grinderman play a smaller venue was a dream come true because Nick Cave is God.

I saw Girl Talk twice back in the day and both times were amazingly fun, obnoxious dance parties.

Peaches puts on an all around fucking crazy great show. It's like watching performance art with a really great soundtrack. Bumped into so many obnoxiously tall dudes in crazy elaborate drag at that show, I felt grossly underdressed.

There's so many more I could list, I really love live music. And running through my concert memories just made me realize that the last show I went to was Barry Manilow two freaking years ago. I should really get out more....

Far to many to pick one favourite. Some of my most memorable...

Led Zepplin - Knebworth - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Knebworth_Festival_1979
Bob Marley and The Wailers - Crystal Palace Bowl, London - http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/crystal place-1980.html.
The Who & Friends (AC/DC, with Bon Scott, The Stranglers & Nils Lofgren) - http://www.ukrockfestivals.com/The-Who-wembley-1979.html
David Bowie - Glass Spider Tour.
Guns 'N Roses (x2) - Appetite For Destruction and Use Your Illusion tours.
White Stripes/Queens of the Stone Age - Hyde Park, London.
Rolling Stones - Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour
U2 (x2)- Joshua Tree Tour & Zoo TV Tour
Metallica (x2) - Nowhere Else To Roam Tour & Sick of the Studio Tour

I saw Roger Waters (of Pink Floyd) last Thursday. I'll go with him as best. Pretty sure that is the only time I've noticed I had a contact high.

Despite seeing Puscifer, Garbage, and Deftones all within a short period last year. I couldn't even pick the winner of last year, they were all so different. Puscifer's opener was a group of luchadores named Luchifer who also wrestled during the concert. Garbage was the last band of a local radio station's bday concert with 3 other bands (Kongos, Unlikely Candidates, Chevelle. I only liked Kongos of those.). But, like, SHIRLEY MANSON, man. And Deftones just blew my face off.

I tried to go to everything I wanted to last year, but I skipped out on a few, cause the venue had no seats, and my left leg is nothing but pain after a stroke. Then I learned they may have had seats when I went there to see Ron Funches do comedy. But, also, comedy, so who knows.

Hadn't been to a concert since Korn in 96 til 2011 Motorhead and Foo Fighters opened their tour in Tulsa, and it was excellent.

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Easily Tool.

Runner up is Jethro Tull.

3rd is Slipknot.

I have been legit dying to see Tool in concert but my hubby is a concert freak and has seen a ton of bands and refuses to see them live again because he said they sucked both times he saw them :( I was so disappointed because I love them. Looks like next time they come I'll have to go alone lol :)

I have been legit dying to see Tool in concert but my hubby is a concert freak and has seen a ton of bands and refuses to see them live again because he said they sucked both times he saw them :( I was so disappointed because I love them. Looks like next time they come I'll have to go alone lol :)
I've gone alone twice and it was still awesome! I've seen them four times and they were amazing each time, never saw them "suck."

Reactions: BiancaBaker
The life changing concert moment for me was the Grateful Dead in March of 1993 at the Rosemont Horizon.

https://archive.org/details/gd93-03-11.sbd.wharfrat.10383.sbeok.shnf

It was the most weird, strange, exciting, lucky, WOW, day of my concert experiences.

I remember driving up to the venue with my friend and a light snow was dropping and people in silly multi-colored hippie beanies were walking around holding out their index finger and I held mine out too as we entered. I later found out it meant that people were signing that they needed a ticket (I thought it was a new peace symbol or something). We parked and found our friend that was touring in his vw microbus (cliche, I know, but he really did the thing). I think I was given a shirt that had the grateful dead skull and roses on it in order to help me feel like I fit in (my mind only) while walking around. It was such a fascinating reality. Buyers, sellers, music. I guess it was kind of like going to a football game and the parking lot scene there, except more colorful and less testosterone and more vw buses and more dancing and drum circles instead of people throwing footballs around. It got even better after the show as the food was amazing! Everything from grilled cheese (which the vw bus guys we knew were selling for a buck) to 'Kind' veggie burritos and all kinds of other amazing creations. The scene was amazing.

When we went in, we were in the back lower level of the venue and I could see the whole floor and I could see the band on the stage. OMGGGGG I could not keep from dancing. The energy and electricity was sooooo nothing I had ever experienced. All I needed was to look and the whole place was moving! It was such a weird site for me to see everyone soooooo into the band. I'd been to concerts before of all the top bands, but, this was just not like that.

Chicago poet Ken Nordine stopped in and did a bit of his poetry word jazz (flibberty jib, and, the island--track 15 if you cared enough to follow along--there are some issues with sound because this seemed really unplanned) and I was thinking to myself: WOW this is how they always do stuff? It wasn't but, that is why this is kind of special.

Anyway, WoW, what a great memory. Glad it was recorded. I got to experience newer songs too: Days Between, Liberty, and So Many Roads have become personal favorites for this 90s deadhead (much like touch of grey was for the 80s peoples and truckin 70s and dark star 60s, etc.)

Ken Nordine:

I got me this island
That I'm calling me
Every time that I go there
You know who I see

You can see me in me
More often than not
And that's pretty often
It's my favorite spot

There are plenty of spots
Called other than me
But they're someone else's
One look and you'll see

You can try like a fool
To be what you're not
The island you get
Is the island you got

Last edited:
Reactions: vulpes

I saw them about 8 years ago and thought they were great. Maynard's voice might not be what it once was, but I can't imagine they've got much worse since I saw them. I got the impression they don't particularly like their own audience (no mid-song banter, no encores, no smiles, no jokes), and they're very much an "arrive, play the songs, fuck off back to the hotel" band, but they're incredibly tight, have great production value, and an awesome back catalogue to fall back on. Well worth seeing, even if it's alone.

They were just here a week or so ago. Didn't know, as I tend not to listen to local radio much. Have been wanting to see them, Godsmack and Green Day in concert.

They were just here a week or so ago. Didn't know, as I tend not to listen to local radio much. Have been wanting to see them, Godsmack and Green Day in concert.

they were here recently too but I don't like to go places by myself lol but next time they come I'll find a friend and go!

they were here recently too but I don't like to go places by myself lol but next time they come I'll find a friend and go!

My problem is that I'll find out about a concert or event coming and I'll buy two tickets figuring I'll find someone to go with. The last five or six I've done this, no one has wanted to go. Either schedule conflicts, or they "don't like that kind of music". Shit, I couldn't even give the damn things away... Now, guess I'll just buy one ticket and go solo. Fuck 'em...

My problem is that I'll find out about a concert or event coming and I'll buy two tickets figuring I'll find someone to go with. The last five or six I've done this, no one has wanted to go. Either schedule conflicts, or they "don't like that kind of music". Shit, I couldn't even give the damn things away... Now, guess I'll just buy one ticket and go solo. Fuck 'em...

You know whats funny I have always had a fear of eating alone in a restaurant. Not like a McDonalds or something like that; Im talking like a legit restaurant. So last year I decided I was going to do things I was scared of and it was first on my list. I went to this pretty nice restaurant in my city and I was so nervous telling the hostess 1 and sitting and then when the waitress asked if anyone would be joining me I got a little red but I did it. I ate all my food alone and I was so fucking excited. Now I know this probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people but I have pretty bad anxiety and I don't really leave my house so it was a pretty big deal for me. I think a concert will be my next adventure alone and I will totally report back!!

You know whats funny I have always had a fear of eating alone in a restaurant. Not like a McDonalds or something like that; Im talking like a legit restaurant. So last year I decided I was going to do things I was scared of and it was first on my list. I went to this pretty nice restaurant in my city and I was so nervous telling the hostess 1 and sitting and then when the waitress asked if anyone would be joining me I got a little red but I did it. I ate all my food alone and I was so fucking excited. Now I know this probably sounds ridiculous to a lot of people but I have pretty bad anxiety and I don't really leave my house so it was a pretty big deal for me. I think a concert will be my next adventure alone and I will totally report back!!

Good for you! Hope you continue to address your anxiety. :) I'm not one to eat solo in a regular, sit down type restaurant either. Not because of anxiety, mind you. But, rather because I think it's a waste of time and money. Why do it, when I can either eat at a fast-food style restaurant, or cook for much cheaper at home? To me, it's so much more than just eating at a traditional restaurant. It's a social event with someone. Usually, if I go solo, it's me eating while reading a book, news or website on my phone. So, why bother going solo?
(Off topic) Two things I really enjoy associated with food: 1) Dining with a woman. Doesn't even have to be a date as I've done it with different female friends. Just good conversation, and no expectations of if it might go beyond the meal. 2) Love cooking for similar situation. Much more personal, and allows for longer conversations. It can even turn a little playful while cooking.

Saw the Doobie Brothers and Chicago Wendsday night. My slant is a bit more Doobie, but both put on a great show. Chicago playing for two and a half hours, three encore songs. Not bad at all when you consider the youngster band members are 52 & 55, the other eight, 65, 68, 69, 70, 70, 72, 72, 72. Watching the energy and agility with which these old cats moved, I first thought they must be coked back, but you don't make it to 72 and look this good in a cloud of white powder. These guys were just in excellent physical shape. Very impresive!

I always got the feeling Maynard treats Tool like weirdly seriously. At least, cause during the Puscifer concert with the Luchas, he was in the ring wrestling during one song he was not singing for.

Loved seeing Epica, Sabaton,Nightwish, Sonata Artica etc... I love Rush and Kansas too even though I wasn't alive... Zappa too
This is hard because I've seen a lot of good bands over the years. I've been a Rush fan since 1976 and have seen them 5 times over the years but they aren't the best I've seen.

Kansas in 1979 comes close. Amazing show.

The best was ZZ Top. Afterburner tour 1986. The music was tight and those 3 guys know how to entertain an audience.

Honorable mentions:

George Thorogood who many years later opened for ZZ Top and stole the show.

Sarah McLachlan (scored free front row tickets). Her stage looked like a forest and she really seems to love playing for you.

Saw the Doobie Brothers and Chicago Wendsday night. My slant is a bit more Doobie, but both put on a great show. Chicago playing for two and a half hours, three encore songs. Not bad at all when you consider the youngster band members are 52 & 55, the other eight, 65, 68, 69, 70, 70, 72, 72, 72. Watching the energy and agility with which these old cats moved, I first thought they must be coked back, but you don't make it to 72 and look this good in a cloud of white powder. These guys were just in excellent physical shape. Very impresive!
Old guys can still rock too!
Will people be paying to see Daft Punk perform in 40 years?

Jethro Tull all the way.

Second would be Jars of Clay. They were my first concert on some youth group retreat a million years ago (closer to 20).

Reactions: MatureSwiss
I totally forgot about seeing Trans-Siberian Orchestra in November 2010 in Portland at the Rose Garden Arena. The full arena show stage. It was amazing.

So I went to my first concert alone and it was amazing. I had so much fun!! I met Dia; she signed my ticket and she was so cool. I met friends and they bought me drinks. I had a blast and totally would go to a concert again alone.

I am attending more things to my list of things that scare me that I want to do and will do now that I'm doing things and it's not so scary.

So I went to my first concert alone and it was amazing. I had so much fun!! I met Dia; she signed my ticket and she was so cool. I met friends and they bought me drinks. I had a blast and totally would go to a concert again alone.

I am attending more things to my list of things that scare me that I want to do and will do now that I'm doing things and it's not so scary.
Going to a concert alone is the best. I went on a flight alone, and went to see Willie Nelson alone, one of the best damn decisions I've ever made.

Sounds like you definitely had a great time! I'm glad you did it!

So, what's next on your bucket list of solo adventures? ;)

Sounds like you definitely had a great time! I'm glad you did it!

So, what's next on your bucket list of solo adventures? ;)

Next is going to a fetish night alone (I live in a big city) and then maybe zip lining alone. I do want to travel alone but I am house broke from purchasing our first home so as soon as financials are back to normal I deff want to go on a vacation completely alone (which would be HUGE for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.