AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

best camming computer

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont mind budget, i just want the computer that is best considered for camming, seeing that my macbook cant run it properly

I mean.... without any sort of budget I could simply recommend a $25,000+ setup since that will be the best. Also the reason's I ask for your goals with camming is because you can cam on something as cheap as chromebook depending on what your goal is.

Upvote 0
i dont mind budget, i just want the computer that is best considered for camming, seeing that my macbook cant run it properly
For now, don't try to split your stream to so many sites at once:
I stream in up to 6 sites. I usually have 6 windows open at the same time each taking the same space in my computer so i can monitor them all.
But this is on the right path:
I mean.... without any sort of budget I could simply recommend a $25,000+ setup since that will be the best. Also the reason's I ask for your goals with camming is because you can cam on something as cheap as chromebook depending on what your goal is.

Reactions: MarieElise
Upvote 0
I've got an old i7 with 16GB RAM (also old) with a newer Nvidia GPU. You really don't need anything expensive unless you want to open a dozen browser tabs and multiple software while broadcasting at 4K (or something resource crazy like that).

Upvote 0
So if I bought a $500 laptop that runs Windows, I'd be okay? My biggest issue right now is my macbook is having a hard time with the webcam, meaning I can't adjust settings, leading to a really awful FPS on CB (think 11FPS to 17FPS regularly). I just need something for now because I know that's what's holding me back (many people have commented on how choppy the broadcast looks).

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
So if I bought a $500 laptop that runs Windows, I'd be okay? My biggest issue right now is my macbook is having a hard time with the webcam, meaning I can't adjust settings, leading to a really awful FPS on CB (think 11FPS to 17FPS regularly). I just need something for now because I know that's what's holding me back (many people have commented on how choppy the broadcast looks).

You only buy a laptop if you need a laptop, if you just need a good machine and you're ok with it being stationary a desktop is a much better choice and way more future proof.

Upvote 0
Really you just need something with a 8th gen or better Intel i5

Upvote 0
i have the same problem! im thinking of getting ethernet

Upvote 0
You only buy a laptop if you need a laptop, if you just need a good machine and you're ok with it being stationary a desktop is a much better choice and way more future proof.
Yeah, I'd be okay with a desktop, too. Why is it "future proof"? Because it's not being moved around as much?

Really you just need something with a 8th gen or better Intel i5
Perfect. I'll make sure that's the specs I'm looking for then!

Upvote 0
Yeah, I'd be okay with a desktop, too. Why is it "future proof"? Because it's not being moved around as much?
Replacing an individual component in a desktop can make it last a lot longer, and run optimally a lot longer than a laptop.

Do you know what ethernet is?

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
This Macbook is killing me! I love my apple products, but my streams have been garbage! I'll have to try an ethernet cable first (I'll pick one up today) and if I notice a difference, I'll let you know. What kind of webcam are you using? I'm working with a Logitech C270 I was lucky enough to have bought last year for work.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

because there is a massive difference right now in performance for the price and thats just on paper, its even more in many cases when you factor in the amount of power throttling these laptops are doing in an attempt to go thinner and thinner.

For example I recently purchased a i5-8265U acer aspire laptop and when compared to benchmarks of the i5-10400 that i linked earlier its basically half the speed BUT even half speed would normally be just fine for handling a dual broadcast but once the power throttling kicks in the reality of the situation is that the i5-8265U acer laptop can only handle one 1080p 60fps stream reliably.

Reactions: CheeseMoon
Upvote 0
This Macbook is killing me! I love my apple products, but my streams have been garbage! I'll have to try an ethernet cable first (I'll pick one up today) and if I notice a difference, I'll let you know. What kind of webcam are you using? I'm working with a Logitech C270 I was lucky enough to have bought last year for work.
Im using the logitech c920, and yes please tell me!:h:

Upvote 0
For now I'm working off my crappy little chromebook and doing fine - that said, I only broadcast on Stripchat, and use my phone to create paid content for other sites. I also use my phone to login to my shows while broadcasting, to make sure the quality remains clear/steady -- so far, its been great. I may consider a windows laptop in the future, simply because I just got a Lovense and it looks like the software for that is only compatible with Windows (but I could be wrong about that, feel free to educate me :p)

Upvote 0
tech aint my thing:dead:
I'm not as experienced with cam stuff but I'm def. a computer nerd. Feel free to message me as well if you ever have specific tech related questions and wanted to ask a specific person I suppose o:

Your most important pieces for streaming in general are gonna be your CPU, your RAM, and your internet connection. Ethernet/Wired connections are faster and more stable so it's good you're investing in that.

I'd look into any basic computer building guides, even if you're not building anything yourself, just to get a feel for what's in your machine. It's an overall helpful skill and will probably make things easier whenever you're looking for advice on your machine ^_^

Upvote 0
I'm not as experienced with cam stuff but I'm def. a computer nerd. Feel free to message me as well if you ever have specific tech related questions and wanted to ask a specific person I suppose o:

Your most important pieces for streaming in general are gonna be your CPU, your RAM, and your internet connection. Ethernet/Wired connections are faster and more stable so it's good you're investing in that.

I'd look into any basic computer building guides, even if you're not building anything yourself, just to get a feel for what's in your machine. It's an overall helpful skill and will probably make things easier whenever you're looking for advice on your machine ^_^
thank you so much! ill defo hit you up

Upvote 0
is it not that?
Technically it is, and if you want to call the trusty old ethernet cable for "cabled wifi", you should just go ahead and do that. Everybody understood you right away!
I've been dicking around with computers and networks professionally since forever, and I like how that once newfangled, unstable, hard-to-get-working, expensive and crappy "wireless network connection" now is the standard connection method almost everywhere. Thus, "cabled wifi" makes a whole lot of sense. Plus there's always something to be said for inventing new words 😉

I guess since ethernet was around first WiFi should be called wireless ethernet 🤔
That's actually the technical name for it: WLAN. "WiFi" is just a marketing moniker for a particular wireless standard that somehow stuck.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.