AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

best camming computer

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For now I'm working off my crappy little chromebook and doing fine - that said, I only broadcast on Stripchat, and use my phone to create paid content for other sites. I also use my phone to login to my shows while broadcasting, to make sure the quality remains clear/steady -- so far, its been great. I may consider a windows laptop in the future, simply because I just got a Lovense and it looks like the software for that is only compatible with Windows (but I could be wrong about that, feel free to educate me :p)
Oh no! The Lovense doesn't work with a Chrombook?

Upvote 0
Oh no! The Lovense doesn't work with a Chrombook?

How to set up on a Chromebook: We don’t have a Lovense Browser for Chrome OS. However, you can side-load the extension and use it in Chrome browser. .
Google has deemed our chrome extension “sexually explicit”. Due to this, it is not available in the Google Chrome extension store. You need to manually download and install it. It’s not too hard- just follow the step-by-step guide here to download and install it: https://www.lovense.com/cam-model/guides/add-extension-manually-chrome

So it is a little tricky but principally possible to use it with a chromebook.

Reactions: neato0cool
Upvote 0

So it is a little tricky but principally possible to use it with a chromebook.
Yeah, I was just reading that on the site. Some people seem to have a tricky time with it, so I'll pass on the chromebook for now lol

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
is it not that?
Yes, it is. And you're right :) (...50%)
It just sounds a bit funny like "a telephone is a smartphone but with a cable and no screen"

But more precisely the cabled version should be fully named "Ethernet cables".
and WiFi could be something like "Ethernet Radio" or more formerly as said Wireless Ethernet :

Because Wifi is based on Ethernet and uses the whole protocol part in Ethernet standard :
The word "Ethernet" does not designate only the 'cable' (or radio frequencies, or optical fiber) but also how datas are managed through the cables : encoding, addressing (@ MAC), how to avoid collisions, how to check for any error, and so on...
Ethernet is more precisely a family of standards and each member of this family redefines the 'transport' layer (coaxial cable, single twisted pair, 4 twisted pair, WiFi radio band...)

I'm not 100% sure, but I think that Wifi is the first (and unic ?) radio standard of transmission really based on Ethernet.
IMO Modems, Adsl, H+ to 4G, as all other way to communicate used in the past (direct radio, infra red, satellite...) are not part of Ethernet standard and are 'only encapsulating anything you give them' (Zigbee, or 2G/4G ie are not Ethernet and can transport any bus based protocol like CAN, serial Modbus and so on)

Upvote 0
Some people also say "hardwired" vs. "wireless".

I think it's funny this whole conversation began because of a misquote. :D (The quote she included in the initial post saying "I'm thinking of getting ethernet" had no mention of wireless/wired connection, so it sounded to me like she was even more clueless than she actually is on the subject.)

But hey, at least some fun replies have come of it.

Upvote 0
what you need is a good streaming pc. I would not recomend a laptop unless you need the mobility and portability of a laptop.

I would suggest you get a desktop that will have room to expand, maybe you want to get into VR in the future or wana do video editing yourself or play games and have your viewers join you.

What this video

it has all the things you need.

The graphics card mentioned in the video have just been outdated by latest generation that was released a few days ago. You can go with a 3070 graphics card no problem, rest the same as shown in the video.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Reactions: romanholiday
Upvote 0
i dont mind budget, i just want the computer that is best considered for camming, seeing that my macbook cant run it properly
I have an i7 Macbook Pro 16GB and it can't handle split camming 2 sites with Skype, ManyCam, 3 tabs open on a browser, and an Excel sheet open at the same time. I use my Macbook pro for on demand shows 1:1/non live sites and my admin work. Then I use a under $1K gaming laptop set up just for split camming. Best solution I could come up with...

Upvote 0
I have an i7 Macbook Pro 16GB and it can't handle split camming 2 sites with Skype, ManyCam, 3 tabs open on a browser, and an Excel sheet open at the same time. I use my Macbook pro for on demand shows 1:1/non live sites and my admin work. Then I use a under $1K gaming laptop set up just for split camming. Best solution I could come up with...
whats the compuer you use?

Upvote 0
I have a question about this:
my current laptop is on the verge of being totally unrepairable. According to the computer guy who's been fixing it, the screws inside have turned to dust lol (Its 4 years old and my cats have dropped it onto the ground a couple of times). But I'm holding onto it until I absolutely have to buy a new one
I don't really fancy a desktop tbh: too many components. I'd prefer a laptop because it's easy to move around. I hear that all I need for a really great stream is Nvidia GTX 1650 so I'm looking into laptops with this feature, an HD webcam, less than 2kg in weight and under 1000 euros. Any ideas anyone?

I've always used HP(for its durability) so I'm hesitant to switch to another brand but open to suggestions

Reactions: hotlinemiamilive
Upvote 0
I hear that all I need for a really great stream is Nvidia GTX 1650 so I'm looking into laptops with this feature, an HD webcam, less than 2kg in weight and under 1000 euros. Any ideas anyone?

You don't need a Nvidia GTX 1650 for streaming, or any dedicated gfx card for that matter (unless you are streaming games). Where you'd benefit from one is if you're editing a lot of high quality video.

Upvote 0
I’m confused though about the GeForce specification i need to look for in a laptop? The fact that i don’t need a gaming specific laptop is great because that lowers the price

You don't need to look for GeForce form your laptop. When you see GeForce that just means the laptop has a dedicated card for graphics, whereas most laptops have integrated graphics cards, where it's combined with the cpu.

Just focus on finding a laptop with the processor you need, and the integrated graphics card it comes with should suffice for camming, and if it happens to find one with a dedicated gfx card then consider it a bonus.

Upvote 0
You don't need to look for GeForce form your laptop. When you see GeForce that just means the laptop has a dedicated card for graphics, whereas most laptops have integrated graphics cards, where it's combined with the cpu.

Just focus on finding a laptop with the processor you need, and the integrated graphics card it comes with should suffice for camming, and if it happens to find one with a dedicated gfx card then consider it a bonus.
Ah this was very helpful! Thank you very much :)

Not to sound dim, but what sort of processor would I need? I'm just so hopelessly unaware of all these things.

Upvote 0
Ah this was very helpful! Thank you very much :)

Not to sound dim, but what sort of processor would I need? I'm just so hopelessly unaware of all these things.
Any Intel i5/i7/i9, and for and any 3000/4000 series processor

Edit: actually maybe skip the 3000 series for AMD unless you have a dedicated gfx card, not 100% sure they work well with OBS

Upvote 0
I recommend using enough RAM, minimum 8GB. Better 16, especially, if you have running many applications during camming at the same time. Helps a lot preventing performance issues.
Unless you do much video editing, a middle class processor is sufficient. i5 and above. Avoid i3, Celeron etc.
Better processors have better performance, but they are more expansive and need more power which reduces the battery life of the notebook.
Enough USB ports are also important, because some devices don't work properly with hubs.
"Integrated graphic card" means there is no extra graphic card and a chip on the motherboard or nearby the processor does the graphics job. Reduces the price, but the disadvantage is, that RAM is shared between cpu and graphic processor.

Upvote 0
Any Intel i5/i7/i9, and for and any 3000/4000 series processor

Edit: actually maybe skip the 3000 series for AMD unless you have a dedicated gfx card, not 100% sure they work well with OBS
I recommend using enough RAM, minimum 8GB. Better 16, especially, if you have running many applications during camming at the same time. Helps a lot preventing performance issues.
Unless you do much video editing, a middle class processor is sufficient. i5 and above. Avoid i3, Celeron etc.
Better processors have better performance, but they are more expansive and need more power which reduces the battery life of the notebook.
Enough USB ports are also important, because some devices don't work properly with hubs.
"Integrated graphic card" means there is no extra graphic card and a chip on the motherboard or nearby the processor does the graphics job. Reduces the price, but the disadvantage is, that RAM is shared between cpu and graphic processor.

Thank you so much! Very helpful information!

Upvote 0
On the topic of PC's for camming, I was recently looking for a laptop to replace my current one. I wanted something that would work for my camming setup, as well as edit 4k videos, game pretty well, has good colour accuracy for photo editing and colour grading videos, and also a higher resolution than 1080p.

I've settled on the Zephyrus G14 which has the AMD Ryzen 4800/GTX 1660ti, though I might change my mind and get the Ryzen 4900/GTX 2060 version. They have a 120hz 1080p monitor version, but I'm looking for the 60hz version with the 1440p display to combine with an external monitor since the response rate is kinda slow.

Prices range from $1300-1800 USD iirc

Upvote 0
I was recently looking for a laptop to replace my current one. I wanted something that would work for my camming setup, as well as edit 4k videos, game pretty well

Difficult. Laptop processors are generally weaker than desktop processors. Power in a laptop is more limited and there isn't enough place to cool CPU and GPU.
Of course, it is possible but rendering will take more time, especially with 4K.
When you already plan to use an external monitor, why don't you consider a desktop?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.