AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best/worst camming months?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilith_Winter

Inactive Cam Model
Mar 4, 2015
Are there some months that are easier or harder than others? I'm asking because I ran across a comment that said September and October are 'less lucrative' for cam girls, and that got me wondering. Since I'm a new-ish model, I have no notion of these things. It'd be nice to be aware of 'bad months' so that I don't get too hard on myself if I'm struggling!

And, in your experience, is it a good idea or bad idea to cam during actual holidays?

This is such a difficult answer. For every girl who's having a bad month, there's another that's having a superb one. It all boils down to luck and hard work. Granted, there are times when the entire site is having lower views, but even during these times, some girls don't notice it at all. There are some threads in MO that might help you gauge the overall feel for if a site is slow on a certain day (look for "No or Go" in Models Only), but threads like these only show reviews from the girls that post. Personally, I never read nor post in them, because when others are saying they're having super-slow periods, I might be having the best month ever. Or other girls are having the tokies rolling in, and I've only got tumbleweeds in my chat.

There will ALWAYS be girls complaining about the "winter slump," "summer slump," that the site is slow because of holidays/sports/school/vacations/taxes/whatever. In the end, don't let it affect you. Keep consistent hours, stay positive (especially while on cam/social media), and work work work. That's the only way to get new viewers and help ensure that you won't have to worry about the "slumps."

To quote Dr. Seuss: "And when you're in a Slump,
you're not in for much fun.
Un-slumping yourself
is not easily done."
However, it can be done. So keep your head up, and keep trying!

Personal experience is it's probably gonna suck until next season. Summer is always the bad time for me. September/October is generally when I see it start to really pick up again.

Camming affiliate commissions for USA traffic drops significantly during the summer months. I can tell you this based upon my earnings and the earnings of other webmasters I've referred to camming affiliate programs.

Can't speak for the actual camming industry itself, but I imagine there's a correlation. Either that, or affiliates get lazy because they're too busy having fun. I know I'm guilty of that.

I bartend part-time and the cam world totally coincides. Summer is slow, holidays through tax time are great.

However, I don't think about it in regards to my hours. I'm going to work. Some days are slow and some days they rock. I don't plan my Camming or bartending schedule around when I think it's gonna be "slow". gotta work, either way!

From my stats and experience, I can say that December has always been a good month. June and September seem to be pretty slow, with the months in between being slightly under average (supporting the SummerSlump theory.)

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Status
Not open for further replies.