AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

BLOCKING OUT COUNTRIES FROM SEEING YOU ON CAM? MFC?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2013
Hi guys,

I have been searching for a website like this for ages!! ive needed lots of help and advice since joining mfc!
anyway, i have been a model on mfc for around 6months now. i have never blocked a country on here as i was trying to pro-long it and make as much money as possible. i have now been doing it for 6months and have had a few people reconise me where i live which is horrible!!. i noticed that i can only block out the united kingdom and not just england. my question is have any of you from united kingdom tryed this?? i am scared that i will not make any money!!, i tryed it today and gave up after 3 hours :(:(. this was around early afternoon times so it may of just been that the time differences were crazy?

would love to hear from you!!

thanks

The sad truth is, as a European model you have to adapt to a different timezone than your own if you want to reach an audience that tips well.
If you were on cam in the early afternoon, say 2 pm, that was morning in the United States. Not such a great time, not on Sundays, especially not on weekdays. That you didn't make as much as you would have liked to has to do with the time during which you were online, and not with you blocking the UK. The big majority of my tippers (and probably tippers on mfc in general) are from North America. Blocking your country (if you're in europe) is always a good idea if you are not open about your job.

Definitely try getting online at a better hour next time. I'm usually on at 1-4 a.m. (evening in the states), I used to be online at around 9-11 a.m. (late night in the US). Remember that most (tipping) members have to work in the mornings ;)

Reactions: UncleThursday
You can block countries, but it is not guaranteed to protect your privacy in any way

This is why I'm glad I live out in the sticks in an area that people just don't go on camsites. Some do I'm sure, but no one I've ever talked to on mfc has ever lived even in the same county as me. People guess really random areas because of my accent. To be perfectly honest, I don't want people to know where I am, but I'm getting bloody tired of people thinking I live in surrey/kent and going on about it as though they "know" that's where I live. I don't think I've even been to any of these counties, so I don't know what the fuck they're talking about!

There do seem to be certain areas of the Uk where loads of members live. If you're in one of them, then that sucks!

Thanks for your replys :).

I went on around 2pm today (my time) so that makes sence why nobody was really online. today was my first day blocking the uk on mfc.

Does anyone have an idea of a good time for me to be online? in english time?

thanks for your help! its appreciated :) xx

sophjames said:
Does anyone have an idea of a good time for me to be online? in english time

LilyMarie said:
Definitely try getting online at a better hour next time. I'm usually on at 1-4 a.m. (evening in the states), I used to be online at around 9-11 a.m. (late night in the US).

Those times I gave you, minus 1 hour, = English time ;)

Around 10pm-2am UK time always seems pretty busy. UK/European models who cam at night plus Americans who cam in the evening. I don't know if that means it's a good time to cam or not (lots of models being on would suggest so but then the more models on at the same time, tougher it becomes to make money, I guess).

Ok thanks :). I really hope I can build my cam score back up and still have the uk blocked. Hopefully the American guys like British girls!

sophjames said:
Ok thanks :). I really hope I can build my cam score back up and still have the uk blocked. Hopefully the American guys like British girls!

Personally, I like hot girls wherever they come from. But I must admit I dig a good British accent.

sophjames said:

This one likes Brits. And Aussies. And Russians. And Romanians. And Americans.

I know some guys filter. But a lot don't.

I blocked the uk from mfc when I first started camming. I only unblocked it because I needed to earn more. Majority of people in my room are british. Actually I think partly because of this is the reason I wasted my new model status.

ComicOzzie said:
sophjames said:

Personally, I like hot girls wherever they come from. But I must admit I dig a good British accent.

Yup I do a love a good British accent, but I also have a mild case of yellow fever (Asian girls). The only time I filter is for new models. I only look at new models from English speaking countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.