AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Butthurt Members trying to ruin my rep?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2017
Everywhere
I’ve been camming since 2016 and around the middle of 2017 I’ve been seeing certain members that I’ve banned for being rude spread lies about me calling me fake and a scammer. They have no proof but are still going out of they’re way to slander my name and I’m not sure what to do. Has anyone seen my name being slandered on any webcam model forums?

I’ve been camming since 2016 and around the middle of 2017 I’ve been seeing certain members that I’ve banned for being rude spread lies about me calling me fake and a scammer. They have no proof but are still going out of they’re way to slander my name and I’m not sure what to do. Has anyone seen my name being slandered on any webcam model forums?

Why is this important to you? You blocked them from your room. Frankly the controversy would only mean more people come in your room to see what the drama's about. If everything is made up then it's free advertising.

Member's ultimately spend selfishly. This is why even models with confirmed bad records still manage to keep members. Just don't mess up with the members that pay you and are good in your room even if a vocal minority rises up. There are very few situations were the model can fuck up so badly the member base would honestly react to it and if that happens you would be the site would actually take action itself.

Unless there's proof most folks won't pay attention. Standard rule is if there's no proof, they were more than likely banned and are now bitter for it.

No, I haven’t seen your name posted, and I’m a very active member on two different cam model forums.

Those guys are probably just immature dudes who are butthurt because a cam girl told them “no” (But...but... I thought cam girls are supposed to do whatever I say!!!). Or you gave them an answer they didn’t like about something. You will come across characters like that. That’s why it’s great that we have the option to kick/ban/ignore whoever we want from our rooms.

I feel like most of the guys like that wouldn’t go out of their way to sign up and post about you on a forum. I mean, if they happen to be following you on Twitter (which I doubt they are), and you happen to have a tweet saying “I love AmberCutie Forum!,” they could possibly see that as an opportunity to try to blast you on here. But we would have your back...and, like I said, I’m sure these fuckers aren’t gonna do all of that.

They probably went to other models’ rooms after yours, and gave those models a hard time too. The Lounge was/is where guys sometimes go to bitch, but even those guys are usually just ignored and tuned out by the other guys too busy trying to “advertise” FuckAllMyHolesBB’s upcoming cum show.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Kiki Jane

To help you get perspective, look at this thread. It was created a week ago by a butthurt member trying do just that. But the general consensus of everyone replying, was that she's really cute and they all wanted to go tip her.

If they are trying to slander you...let them. ;)

Use this as free advertise and prove the member(s) wrong by giving a kick ass show.
Like everyone else said, just ignore, won't really affect you unless you mess with the regs/paying members :)

It's pretty much like life, if you worry too much about what others think or say about you, you won't go nowhere.

I wouldn't really worry about it. The power is obviously in your hands. And...from a perspective of cynicism...even if you did do something..you could spin things around pretty easily.

Who are members going to believe?

Random member vs the sweet, sexy girl they spend their money on who makes them feel good?

I'm not condoning scamming, but I'm also just saying you got nothing to worry about either way. Nobody gives a fuck as long as they're getting what they're paying for. And if they're not getting what they're paying for, 9 times out of 10, there really isn't a whole lot they can do besides go pound sand and move on.

Just a no-bullshit assessment.

I've had some jilted regulars who were pissed I wouldn't give up personal info /make personal time to a high tipper. They started huge smear campaign about me. They even went into a separate cb room created by the tipper to complain about me about how I was a scammer (because I wouldn't share personal info nor let the high tipper control the room and dom me) At the time I was new and thought it would be the end to my camming career-years later I'm still here and stronger than ever. No one seriously believes these guys except other pissy people. Don't worry about it and enjoy the free promo.

Like others have said, you're probably fine and most people will ignore them.

Things you can do to help slow them down though:
- you probably have more eyes and ears on you, simply continue doing a good job and proving to others that you aren't the lies they're telling. You have a bigger audience more than likely, you can use that to your advantage.
- see them harassing you on twitter? Report them for targeted harassment. On a forum? Report their posts and contact the owner to let them know what's going on.
- Contact MFC to let them know of the situation and their usernames. Sometimes they'll do something, sometimes they won't.
- if it becomes a big deal and they don't have proof... YOU have proof! You have chatlogs and token logs, you can use this information to clear your name BUT
- if you can help it, just ignore them. I understand some things might blow up, but it's rare for shit like this. If you give them attention then you're giving them credibility.
- if they're doing things like messaging your regular viewers and such, let them know the situation and educate them on the tools they can use to help stop it. I think this is the most damning thing, someone messaging your viewers horrible things about you can leave a bad taste in their mouth whether it's true or not. If it comes to something like that then it's probably a good idea to go public about it with PROOF. The most loyal regs will always stick around, but those that are just passing by will probably want nothing to do with drama or take the risk on a "scamgirl."

Hope that helps, as someone who has been through the same. Unfortunately, this is just a thing that happens to a lot of camgirls and you have to play damage control... which is 99% of the time ignoring it. I'm pretty active on forums and social media and haven't seen your name brought up, nothing on a google or twitter search either. You're probably fine.

I have had this happen to me. I am seriously inept with technology. I didn't realize that my topic countdown was still at the last token # before I had to restart the server and wasn't set @remain (stupid me). Well a member [who I was developing a regular relationship-no idea if that's the correct word but whatever] tipped me, and the countdown didn't set even though it was right on my little countdown thing, I just didn't notice it in the topic.

Long story short, he said I was playing games and a token whore, that he didn't believe that I made a very honest and stupid mistake. Sadly... I was already getting back into my severe depression (thank you Seasonal Affective Disorder) and I cried on cam. Ugh. Ever since then my traffic went down considerably, not as many people, not as many tippers. I really think that had something to do with it since the person is very prominent in the community. I can't play the blame game because I don't know, and I don't want to assume.

Anyway... I've been having to work super hard to get regulars back and try new things. My other regulars are sweethearts and totally understood wtf was going on. Last night, I was supposed to be degrading myself with dirty talk lol but that shit did NOT work. Felt so bad. Poor guy. Was nice enough not to exit the private but chatted with me instead and made me feel more comfortable until the tokens he promised me was there. I appreciated that. If he ever comes back, I'm sure I'll get better at the dirty talking. Me being new to this whole shindig... it's a learning curve lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.