AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
Is there any straightforward way to pay for advertising for a model on MFC? On MFC, once they get a really low camscore, they are so far down on the page they struggle to get more than a handful of people to even find the room. I am curious to what degree paid advertising of a room might overcome that, but is that even an option? It doesn't look like anyone does this.

I see in this post that CB will sell a model advertising banners on CB. I am curious if anyone here has tried to use that, and how effective was it?

Last edited:
Seems like a conflict. Like 'the coal mine owning the 'company store'.

Plus if this was effective. Wouldn't it just turn into the popular models buying up all the slots?

Seems like a conflict. Like 'the coal mine owning the 'company store'.

Plus if this was effective. Wouldn't it just turn into the popular models buying up all the slots?

Well, I guess like with all advertising, you try to measure an effect to see if there is a return on the investment. Most of the time advertising at best breaks even. Sometimes you get a surprise.

I agree CB advertising its own model has a lot of opportunities for abuse. Then again, CB gets some product transaction fees if a viewer clicks through and tips a model. One of the concerns I would have is that a lot of the users in each room on CB do not appear to be real users. If they are charging for impressions rather than click throughs, that would be a problem.

On MFC, if you are a model with a 300 camscore and you have two users in your room, it is pretty hard to get out of that hole unless you can jumpstart some promotion.

I believe Niteflirt does something like this with their bidding iirc? I barely use the site, so I'm not sure if it's 100% how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.