AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam couple, Slow night, sooo discouraging

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 10, 2020
New cam couple, here! First of all, I want to introduce us, to all of you fellow cammers! We're Stormy & Jack!
Married 26 year old couple, and we've been blissfully in love and together for almost 10 years! We decided to start camming simply for the extra income, and to spice things up in the marita l bedroom! I have to say, WOW! as far as the "jazzing up" the sex life goes! We are already both very sexual beings, we have been fucking every day since we met! Lol A little about us; we were put in the same foster home when we were 17, so we have been living together since we met! At 18, we both got jobs and our first apartment together, so we are attached by the waist! Lol. We are parents to two lovely children, 5 & 6, so we consider ourselves M/DILF's. Lol. We're both attractive, sexy, fun! And because we are so close, my husband gets separation anxiety when he goes to his 9-5 Lol Which is why we thought camming would be such a good option, as we have read that cam couples make quite a bit of money doing this. He has a very good job, making 23.75/hr, 12 hour days. It isn't like we are struggling, we just wanted an at home option to pay the bills so we don't have to be away from eachother anymore. Cheesy, I know. But we are so in love. haha. anyway, what any of this has to do with my question, is just to give you all an idea of who we are, and our motivations for the cam life. When we made the decision to begin, we ordered our web cam, and a Dell chromebook just to get us started until we could afford a fancier setup. Well we have spent probably a total of 12 hours on Chaturbate over the course of probably a month and a half or so - only starting to cam more often just these past couple of days. The first few days, we were on for probably 2 hours, and we had TONS of viewers, and our followers went from 0-500 really fucking quick! We made 70 bucks and we just had a blast doing it.Chaturbate posts new models on the front page, so I believe that was why we did so well in the beginning. The 70 bucks was made in the first hour of the first night we got age approved. Then we took about 2 weeks off, because our new laptop got water spilled onto it. So our new one just finally got delivered, and we have been working the past week. Now, that first week, we had almost 500 people watching at once... It probably went even higher, but we were blowing through the tip menu, so i was a little occupied and wasn't paying attention. Now, this week, we started up again, and we have only made 50 bucks and that was from a 10 minute private show, and a few tips here and there. Then last night, absolutely nothing. Maybe 75 people at one time, and they were almost completely gray users! We boadcasted from 1-4pm, and then again at 12midnight-3am, with nothing. Not one single token! I remembered to smile, because even though I just made my AC account, i have been reading all of the old posts about slow nights. I had music going, and I was shaking my ass, my husband rubbed his bare cock on my ass, we put on a show for hours, with nothing. Barely any comments to speak of either! We had our pretty baby tip menu going, we were offering pvt shows etc. We barely even got beggers! No one was commenting on what we were doing, people would pop in and right away, leave! And alot of them were the same people over and over, coming back, probably to see if someone ELSE tipped to get things going. I was interacting, and smiling, and shaking it, and grinding on my hubby, and my body pillow! It was WEIRD! I have never had that, but it seemed like that was just going to be the new normal for us! I sure hope not, because this is waaay different than having 500+ people viewing at one time, and hundreds and hundreds of followers going up every night! I am a little discouraged. I hope it was just a slow night, or something! Anyway, sorry for such a long rant, but do any of you that are experienced and successful have nights like this? What can I do to get their attention and get things going? I don't want to show too much for free, but I also want to get their attention so they stick around the room! Any advice, tricks, tips, or words of encouragement for a new couple would be great. I almost am wondering what the hell is wrong with us? After reading all of these things about how successful and desireable couple cam models are, and then having a night like that is just absolutely devastating to my self-esteem and morale! Thank you, lovely people. :h:

A slow night or worse a slow week as a somewhat established model can get discouraging. It happens to the best of us and it hits hard for newcomers. I have to agree with Nigerian Prince on this: establish a schedule, stick to it, and evaluate after logging in more hours. You two can do this and it's great it's adding excitement to your bedroom. That's a huge plus.

Patience. It takes most new models a good amount of effort and patience to get established. You'll get there...just know it's gonna take more than streaming even 20 hrs in a month. I have bad weeks when I stream 20 hrs in a week. Hang in there.

Upvote 0
A slow night or worse a slow week as a somewhat established model can get discouraging. It happens to the best of us and it hits hard for newcomers. I have to agree with Nigerian Prince on this: establish a schedule, stick to it, and evaluate after logging in more hours. You two can do this and it's great it's adding excitement to your bedroom. That's a huge plus.

Patience. It takes most new models a good amount of effort and patience to get established. You'll get there...just know it's gonna take more than streaming even 20 hrs in a month. I have bad weeks when I stream 20 hrs in a week. Hang in there.
Thank you so much! Great advice!

• Hugs
Reactions: Lady_Sha
Upvote 0
It has been a slow week on CB I noticed, so do not fret.
500 viewers is a lot, at least in my opinion. It just takes talking to folks and them getting to know you both, when and where to find you, and establishing that relationship with the viewers. ^_^ Don't give up, Keep the energy up that it's an activity you both enjoy.

Upvote 0
You seems a great person and seems you pass for so much things ;(
its really sad and we lost our mental strong sometimes in cb.. but just remember the good days, some weeks are so slow and others are amazing,just dont forgot that, is good to change the time you work sometimes. but honesty i think couple shows are really hard, may you try alone too, have 2 account, one couple other alone... just a idea... i wish u the best :kiss:

sry my english

Upvote 0
I started out camming on Chaturbate with Mr Dani. We had fun but it was hit or miss. Try a site like streamate where it's all private tip based/no nudity in public chat. You can set up gold shows where whatever your goal is, different tippers contribute and when the amount is reached it's a private group show. Just know and have posted what your limits are or what you offer in private. Guys try to scam a lot with newbies there too so be careful. We made more on streamate as a couple. I make way more now by myself.

Another option you could do together (or separate) is content making. Let your creative juices flow in the bedroom and make awesome vids. Watermark and upload to Chaturbate and clip sites. BJs sell really well as do his POV style vids. Don't give up too soon and don't give away anything. It's hard in the beginning but it gets easier.

Upvote 0
You seems a great person and seems you pass for so much things ;(
its really sad and we lost our mental strong sometimes in cb.. but just remember the good days, some weeks are so slow and others are amazing,just dont forgot that, is good to change the time you work sometimes. but honesty i think couple shows are really hard, may you try alone too, have 2 account, one couple other alone... just a idea... i wish u the best :kiss:

sry my english
Aww, so sweet! great advice, beautiful! I will keep that in mind!

Upvote 0
I started out camming on Chaturbate with Mr Dani. We had fun but it was hit or miss. Try a site like streamate where it's all private tip based/no nudity in public chat. You can set up gold shows where whatever your goal is, different tippers contribute and when the amount is reached it's a private group show. Just know and have posted what your limits are or what you offer in private. Guys try to scam a lot with newbies there too so be careful. We made more on streamate as a couple. I make way more now by myself.

Another option you could do together (or separate) is content making. Let your creative juices flow in the bedroom and make awesome vids. Watermark and upload to Chaturbate and clip sites. BJs sell really well as do his POV style vids. Don't give up too soon and don't give away anything. It's hard in the beginning but it gets easier.
Great advice, also! Thank you so much for the advice, we definitely discussed trying all the different avenues, so that we aren't replying on just one source to generate income! Thanks again, lovey!

Upvote 0
It has been a slow week on CB I noticed, so do not fret.
500 viewers is a lot, at least in my opinion. It just takes talking to folks and them getting to know you both, when and where to find you, and establishing that relationship with the viewers. ^_^ Don't give up, Keep the energy up that it's an activity you both enjoy.
Aww, thanks so much! Hubby said it reached almost 700 viewers at the peak of the chat, so I guess that is something to heighten morale! lmao thanks, toots!

Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.