AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Girl Ghost

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OH FUCK ME

WHY DID I READ THAT AT 4:09 IN THE MORNING?!
someone hold meh plz

I KNOW.
The timing of reading this was a MASSIVE mistake on my part too!! Mmm nightmares time.

Reactions: Tilly and Magnolia
I'm glad I scrolled down a bit to read the first couple replies before clicking.........but now the suspense is killing me and I wanna know
On one hand, the suns about to come up but on the other hand I would like a couple hours more sleep...damnit...

• Funny!
Reactions: Nordling
As a person who got sleep last night, and has a mother who is a horror/suspense writer...it's an "eh" ok story, but didn't leave me on edge. I'd like to know why the names weren't needed to be blocked in DM though. It kinda just looked like copy + pasted together pics like you could easily do in paint.

I agree with Ann and Alisa. It's an ok story, but definitely could have been written better to make you think it was real. The major signs that made me roll my eyes? When the OP started writing things like
My sister told me that she must have held on long enough to spend some time with me, but at the time I felt it was more that she died earlier than expected because she couldn't wait to get away from me.
This just screams "theatrical drama queen." She's exaggerating SO much on the tiniest details, but when it comes to the 'good stuff' so-to-speak (like the webcam "coming back"), she just glosses over it. "Oh, I threw away the webcam. Here's exact details about WHERE and HOW I threw it away. But the part that actually matters about how/where/when/why it was somehow back in my apartment after that? Nah, I'll just say 'It came back.' That'll be good enough."

Sorry if it actually scared any of you ladies. I know how our minds play tricks on us when we're vulnerable/tired. Hell, I used to cover my mirrors with blankets after watching scary movies. And I STILL leave my shower curtain open. You know, cause I'm an adult. :bag:

3spooky5me~

Funny thing is I've actually been in a live cam room where a viewer was acting like an ass and said there was someone standing behind the model. The model was so freaked out she logged out immediately o_O I think she was a new-ish model too.

Haven't read the story yet but that actually happened to a friend of mine!

He was on MSN back in the day and was on cam chatting with a friend. He mentioned that he was home alone, just as you do. Anyways they were chatting and his friend said "didn't you say you were home alone?" My friend said yes and he said "someone just walked behind you...."

Turns out the house was being broken into :eek: he called his parents and they were like" you watch too many scary movies, your friends are spooking you" but when they got home a bunch of stuff had been stolen.

Also the burglar knew his dogs names so I guess when they heard him climbing out the window they started calling for the dogs by name. So creepy! (I think it was some friends of his stepmoms son)

In a way, I thought the story was more believable by being "amateurish." If she had written it slicker, I think I'd be even less inclined to believe it.

Reactions: SexySteph
I feel like a bah humbug but I too am easily scared and this didn't even get a little chill from me :p

It does sound like a C-list horror movie though, lol.

That said I do like the rule on r/nosleep that you just pretend everything is real, no nitpicking like I tend to do over plausibility, haha. It's kind of fun. But this story wasn't one of their better ones.

Reactions: SexySteph
3spooky5me~

Funny thing is I've actually been in a live cam room where a viewer was acting like an ass and said there was someone standing behind the model. The model was so freaked out she logged out immediately o_O I think she was a new-ish model too.

People like to try to freak models out like that for some reason. I've had a couple guys saying stuff like "omg! Someone's coming through your window! Look behind you quick!" when I not only am staring at my feed, which clearly shows that no such thing is happening, but I would freaking hear it if someone were indeed breaking in. My window doesn't open quietly, and neither do my blinds. Plus, I use my windowsill as a refrigerator during the cold months so I don't have to run to the actual fridge for more soda in the middle of a shift, and it would be hard to miss the sound of a 12-pack of Dew hitting the floor as someone forced their way in.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
Ryden writes fictional horror stories all the time. She has a Tumblr full of them. Of course it's not real. Ghosts aren't real. Objects don't get back into your home after you throw them out.

Then explain why a bunch of my shitty exboyfriends have found their way back into my house/life after throwing them out. :emo:

Ryden writes fictional horror stories all the time. She has a Tumblr full of them. Of course it's not real. Ghosts aren't real. Objects don't get back into your home after you throw them out.

yeah, looks like she's posted lots of fiction on nosleep

I think one of Ryden's stories made it on The Nosleep Podcast. They do dramatic readings of /r/nosleep posts.
I remembering them mentioning something like "...by author Ryden Armani" and I was like... wait is that....?

FOUND IT!
http://www.thenosleeppodcast.com/episodes/s5/5x18

I've lived in a couple of houses that have been "haunted" (not really a fan of that word since a haunting for me is something negative) and when I got my first webcam I actually had to turn my desk. Before I had no problem with sitting with my back to the door out from my room. You could hear "people" walk pass the open door in the hallway, both footsteps and the sound of clothes when someone is walking, but I never had a problem with it. But when I got my webcam, I had to turn it. As I said, I didn't have a problem with the sounds, but I have always had a problem with seeing. I freak out the few times I have actually seen apparitions (is that the right word?) and was to scared of actually seeing someone walk by so I couldn't have it on.

Sometimes I miss my old ghosts. The ones in the houses I've lived haven't been negative, and never been a problem since we learned how to treat them. We had an old water mill on that property above, and we knew before we moved in to not go in there after dark if it warn't necessary, and if you really had to- tell "them" that you were coming in and why, ie: "Hi, it's me, I just have to put this box in here". My boyfriend had problems in my last stable- getting in small accidents every time he was there until he learned to say "Hi" when he got there. He doesn't really believe in ghosts, but he's not a firm non-believer and if he could avoid accidents by saying Hello, he's gonna say Hello.

I do believe in ghost, but I'm not too crazy about it. I don't believe every sound I hear is paranormal because most times they can bee explained easily.

The story was definitely too unbelievable to be true and I'm glad it's fake, but I wouldn't say that something similar is impossible. After all, I've had ghosts in my house for years. They're all fairly nice to me (they hate my brother though) so I doubt they'd go around throwing webcams, but still.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.