AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Girl Tax Help - Canada!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 24, 2018
Hi all,

I am seeking some advice about filing taxes in Canada. I have been camming for a number of years and due to some really difficult financial circs - I chose not to declare this as income and now I am scared about the consequences.

I am going to make it right and declare but does anyone know what might happen to me? Am i going to jail? What if I dont have enough $$ to pay back what I owe??

Any advice would be appreciated - please i am really stressed about situation.

Amaya.

You will have to pay taxes you owed for previous years + interest. You can go on a payment plan to pay back your taxes owed (so if you don't have all the money up front, don't worry). Worst case would be getting charged with tax evasion (and jail time), but that looks like it's mostly for big cases/people who are actively trying hide from the CRA. If you have legitimate reasons why you couldn't file (and you can prove it), they are considerate of that. You might even get certain penalties waived.

It's MUCH better to notify the CRA you didn't file than to let them find you. So you're doing the right thing! I'd read over this link about the VDP (Voluntary Disclosures Program) and consult with a tax lawyer so you have the best possible outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.