AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Score All Time Low

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
pg240 said:
Sorry, I should have used quote function. I got the 350 tokes per hour from Jilly Bean's post above mine: "If you want your camscore to be above 1,000 it's a good idea to shoot for 350 tokens/hour or more. At least that was usually about right when I was camming on MFC a few months ago."

Yes that'd be correct, but she's not got a 1000 camscore, it's much lower than that, meaning her tokens per hour are significantly lower, more like 80 tokens per hour. 80 tokens per hour is $4 an hour. Flipping burgers would pay more than that, and honestly I think flipping burgers would be a lot more fun! You'd get to work with and around people, no one would beg you, you'd never have to stress about whether you're going to be paid or not. You won't get future ramifications and it'll show when you apply for future jobs that you've been working.

People act like camming is such an easy job, but hell! If I had the time or opportunity to work an average job and get paid enough to actually pay my bills I'd take it in a second. Camming is hard work. Harder and more stressful than any job I've ever had. And it has a fuck load of issues attached. The only glamourous thing about camming is the money and the flexibility. If you're not making any money for it then there's not much point to it unless those extra few dollars could make that much of a difference to you.
Unlike flipping burgers you also can't cam that long hours, and I mean jesus christ, I would imagine it would get pretty boring with a quiet room and a low camscore. I'd also much prefer to be in a work atmosphere than sat at a computer screen with no one responding trying to engage people like a circus monkey. The reason I enjoy camming as a whole is I make enough money to justify it, have a good group of regulars and although not every night is good, the good nights do make up for the bad.

One thing every camgirl should bear in mind that you might be amazing in real life, you might be totally desirable, but fact is, members aren't going to camsites to get what they can get in real life. They're going there to get what they can't get. Even girls who seem really "girl next door" usually have something about them that's slightly unusual, a little bit special that keeps people coming to them. It could be absolutely anything, it could be something that in real life would get you no attention, but on cam it will be your making.

I drug myself out of the 500's. All it takes is consistency and the willingness to put in the work, on and off cam, needed to raise your score. (I'm still working on these myself)

I wanted to hit the reset button (BADLY), but it's seriously next to impossible if you aren't in a studio account first. So, I sucked it up and climbed out of the hole I dug myself into.

My suggestion would be to read more of the "models only" section of the forum, absorb the massive amounts of information other models have kindly provided, take notes, ask questions, figure out your niche, network on social platforms, don't undersell yourself, build relationships with regulars, etc.
Hell, maybe even try out another site like Streamate while you're doing all this and come back to MFC at a later date, prepared.

Best of luck darling. :)

Another thing I wanted to mention is how AMAZING it feels to bring yourself up from a low camscore. I dug myself out of the 700's and it's one of my proudest accomplishments. It's NOT easy. For me, I had to actually change sites, get a whole new customer base, and very sneakily bring them over to MFC. That and working my ass off on cam, constantly coming up with new ideas and gimmicks, etc. Also a lot of patience and a little luck.

God said:
i have seen some models get all the tokens they asked for and still complain that only one guy or a couple of guys were tipping. maybe those guys have a limited time online so they were more motivated, but don't complain about getting the tokens. nobody wants to think they are making you unhappy by tipping you. the more visitors and tokens some models get, the more reckless they might get, which can also be a problem. word of mouth between guys on a cam website is also underrated. i am just posting things as i remember them, but it's probably better than one very long post.

I don't think models are complaining or are unhappy that they are getting tokens, but after a while it starts to make us feel bad when only a couple people are carrying the brunt of every countdown. I know that from a tipper standpoint (and I am a member) that I'd be pleased to know that a model didn't want me to carry every countdown because she wants group participation.

AllisonWilder said:
God said:
i have seen some models get all the tokens they asked for and still complain that only one guy or a couple of guys were tipping. maybe those guys have a limited time online so they were more motivated, but don't complain about getting the tokens. nobody wants to think they are making you unhappy by tipping you. the more visitors and tokens some models get, the more reckless they might get, which can also be a problem. word of mouth between guys on a cam website is also underrated. i am just posting things as i remember them, but it's probably better than one very long post.

I don't think models are complaining or are unhappy that they are getting tokens, but after a while it starts to make us feel bad when only a couple people are carrying the brunt of every countdown. I know that from a tipper standpoint (and I am a member) that I'd be pleased to know that a model didn't want me to carry every countdown because she wants group participation.
I think majority of models would rather it be a group/joint effort to hit countdowns most of the time. We absolutely LOVE when our regulars spoil us and show us generosity for our continued efforts. But in the long run, while we do public nudity/shows, having more participation from ALL who are watching and involved is preferable.

AmberCutie said:
I think majority of models would rather it be a group/joint effort to hit countdowns most of the time. We absolutely LOVE when our regulars spoil us and show us generosity for our continued efforts. But in the long run, while we do public nudity/shows, having more participation from ALL who are watching and involved is preferable.

Remember it's an overwhelming thought working out at the end of a good earning night that you only made like 200 tokens from other tippers and the rest was from a couple of regulars. It makes you think "what if that regular/member weren't there tonight? I would have nothing." And then you also know that said regular cannot tip you like that all the time, so eventually you're going to have a night that terrible. You feel guilty because this member has had to do all this for you, and you're too grateful to even express it and feel like you cannot repay him. And you're a bit pissed off at other members for putting your regular in a position where he has to finish the counts so you're happy and meet your aims. It's one of those things. I'm a hell of a lot happier when a regular does tip like that than if I made no tokens that night, but there are still a lot of stressful thoughts that go around your head worrying. One of the things I worry about is if my regular felt pressured to tip when they actually couldn't afford to.

And seeing as a whole bunch of people watch me lead up to the end of a countdown and even more watch the strips/shows I would like it to be a group thing rather than 1 or 2 cool tippers and 300 lurkers. I'd like it to be a nice group of tippers, make it a team thing. That's the fun of the public room. If I want to have a one on one I'll go private.

So yeah, models aren't upset at the tippers, they're ridiculously grateful, so grateful because they know that if those few people hadn't been there their night would have been horrendous. So yeah, it is ok to be a little bit annoying at the god knows how many lurkers. I tend to be pretty good at ignoring it as it is the way of myfreecams and there's nothing to do about it, but sometimes it is a pain.

AmberCutie said:
AllisonWilder said:
God said:

i understand that too, but i have also seen a solution for that. some guys will match anyone's tip which can be a partial solution for that, but don't expect your countdowns to go any faster that way.

VeronicaChaos said:
Another thing I wanted to mention is how AMAZING it feels to bring yourself up from a low camscore. I dug myself out of the 700's and it's one of my proudest accomplishments. It's NOT easy. For me, I had to actually change sites, get a whole new customer base, and very sneakily bring them over to MFC. That and working my ass off on cam, constantly coming up with new ideas and gimmicks, etc. Also a lot of patience and a little luck.

:clap: Well said. It's a great feeling knowing you accomplished something and that hopelessness slowly fading away, when you could have just thrown in the towel and gave up.
I'm a quitter by nature and I'm glad I didn't when I was at a serious low. :love2:

Reactions: VeronicaChaos
Isabella_deL said:
pg240 said:
Sorry, I should have used quote function. I got the 350 tokes per hour from Jilly Bean's post above mine: "If you want your camscore to be above 1,000 it's a good idea to shoot for 350 tokens/hour or more. At least that was usually about right when I was camming on MFC a few months ago."

Yes that'd be correct, but she's not got a 1000 camscore, it's much lower than that, meaning her tokens per hour are significantly lower, more like 80 tokens per hour. 80 tokens per hour is $4 an hour. Flipping burgers would pay more than that, and honestly I think flipping burgers would be a lot more fun! You'd get to work with and around people, no one would beg you, you'd never have to stress about whether you're going to be paid or not. You won't get future ramifications and it'll show when you apply for future jobs that you've been working.

People act like camming is such an easy job, but hell! If I had the time or opportunity to work an average job and get paid enough to actually pay my bills I'd take it in a second. Camming is hard work. Harder and more stressful than any job I've ever had. And it has a fuck load of issues attached. The only glamourous thing about camming is the money and the flexibility. If you're not making any money for it then there's not much point to it unless those extra few dollars could make that much of a difference to you.
Unlike flipping burgers you also can't cam that long hours, and I mean jesus christ, I would imagine it would get pretty boring with a quiet room and a low camscore. I'd also much prefer to be in a work atmosphere than sat at a computer screen with no one responding trying to engage people like a circus monkey. The reason I enjoy camming as a whole is I make enough money to justify it, have a good group of regulars and although not every night is good, the good nights do make up for the bad.

One thing every camgirl should bear in mind that you might be amazing in real life, you might be totally desirable, but fact is, members aren't going to camsites to get what they can get in real life. They're going there to get what they can't get. Even girls who seem really "girl next door" usually have something about them that's slightly unusual, a little bit special that keeps people coming to them. It could be absolutely anything, it could be something that in real life would get you no attention, but on cam it will be your making.

For the record: I've never said camming is an easy job and never will say camming is an easy job. I think what you do is incredibly difficult. I can't even begin to imagine what it's like to put yourself out there in front of all those anonymous eyes day in and day out, not knowing if the day is going to bring profit or just more mind-numbing "show bobs, bb" comments from the masses. The really good ones among you may make it "look" easy, but we know it isn't. We know there's lots of prep work off-camera and lots of hard work on-camera, especially on days when you might not be feeling your best but know you have to work anyway and on the days when it's no doubt like pulling teeth to get your audience engaged. Your income is most definitely earned income. We support you with our tokens or gold. And while it doesn't put money in your pocket, you also have the respect of many of us on the other side of the camera.

Wow...I'm surprised. I asked MFC to close my account, they did, and I've now made a new one (with an almost identical model name), gotten fully approved and verified and am ready to cam now. Took around 2 days start to finish. I guess if you REALLY want to start over, you are able to in some cases. I really didn't expect that to work. I'm stoked! :lol:

Jillybean said:
I remember an ACF model... She had a model account, wanted to join a studio, so made a new account under the studio, got her new account deleted some time later, and was forced to use her old account.

(I don't remember the particulars, but I'm sure I'm close!)

It's important because otherwise, models would make new accounts every week. Look at the many many many girls with under 1,000 CS... All the girls who work many hours a day (whether they're forced to or not) their studios would surely have them make new accounts all the time so they could get the better camscore and the "new model" tag.

To me, it makes sense that making new accounts is against the rules. I do, however, wish they made exceptions.

Of all the rules MFC overlooks, I think it's likely they will overlook this one too, no?

In your situation, I would certainly see about making a new account!
Also, this time going in, pay close attention to the tokens/hour you're making! If you want your camscore to be above 1,000 it's a good idea to shoot for 350 tokens/hour or more. At least that was usually about right when I was camming on MFC a few months ago.

EDITED because I didn't feel comfortable naming names...

This was me :)
I had a pretty "average" camscore after only logging into MFC a few times, but a friend of mine was like, "Hey, I want to cam too, what if I start a studio for both of us and pay your internet bill and pay you weekly or daily or whatever so I can get a tax break?" Obvz I said yes! She had a reason, and it hooked me up. So she made me a new name under her "studio" and I used it for a few months and had a little stable of regulars... until one day, MFC deactivated my account and said, "You already have an account, you have to use your old one." No amount of poking or prodding would convince them that I had only used my old account about 5 times before moving over to the studio account. My friend/the "studio" even wrote to them to vouch for me and they said "either use your old account or you can't be a model on MFC. Thanks!" Literally.

My old account had a HIGHER camscore than the one I had been using for months at that point, and I was still devastated because I had people I talked to every day, regulars, an income, etc. Despite my camscore not being high, it was more about me being online for a longer period of time than not making money. My regs hooked me up.

So I got to "come back" with no new model tag, no regulars, and no way to get a list of all of my old regs to message them about my new name. A few people found me, but I lost a lot of them. So I changed my name and started fresh.

I still only have two regulars but it's my own damn fault... I wouldn't have done this if I thought I'd have to start from scratch after my new slowly-gaining-strength account was terminated in favor of my barely used one.

xx

Reactions: Gen
Hey, I just realized that is probably too long to read.

Summary: I did this, not for camscore reasons, and MFC found out months later and killed my active account and reactivated the old one, saying I had to use that one instead.

My point is that they might catch you eventually and turn off your new account (once you are already established and doing well) and make you use the other one where nobody knows you anymore, months or years later.

ScarletVixen said:
I had a camscore of 380 on my MFC account, so I'm on the "delete and try again" boat myself. I just closed my MFC account and submitted my application for a new one today. Lets see how it goes and if it even works. Will report back with the verdict :)

Please get back with me so I can figure out if its cool or no not to create a new account now.

Status
Not open for further replies.