AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Returning to modeling after almost 10 years!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 14, 2023
Hey everyone!
I just wanted to post a little about my situation and see if anyone would be kind enough to offer some advice.

I started camming in 2010 and continued on and off until 2013. I always had issues with having a safe space to consistently cam from, so I never did it full time. Regardless, I did pretty good and never had issues with my cam score getting too low or my room being empty/quiet. I had a small twitter account to advertise when I would be online, but mainly had all interactions with tippers in my DMs on MFC. The good old days before you needed a digital marketing degree to successfully promo!

In the last few years I became interested in the recent developments of online SW and started using Reddit with my partner. We loved participating in NSFW subs and decided we wanted to try to grow our account and create an OF page for our fans. Unfortunately, we ran into some privacy issues and had to delete our Reddit account. We then decided we should stream on CB, but soon realized our extremely old (2012 lol) laptop, simply could not handle the task at hand. During this time I was trying to reacquaint myself with MFC as well, because I am also interested in camming solo, and I loved MFC when I was on it before. I created a new account, went live, my computer couldn’t handle it…. so I essentially wasted my new model status straight away 🥲

My plan now is to purchase a new gaming laptop that meets the basic requirements as far as processor, RAM, and graphics card. My budget is around $1000, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Has anyone gotten a laptop under 1k for streaming in the last couple years they especially love? Are there any tech savvy people out there who can help guide me a little bit in finding the right model for my needs/budget?

I’m anxious to start camming again and start building up my following online, but I’m nervous to start and be so overwhelmed I “waste” my new model status just trying to get my bearings. Does anyone have any advice on how to strategically get through the first few months? I think a decent computer is literally just vital so I’m going to work on that first and foremost. I’m interested in branching out from MFC, and I’m currently waiting to be verified on SM. I have friends who have used it for years and really like it compared to MFC.

Im nervous but excited to return to the world of camming! One thing I miss the most about it is the community aspect, seeing other ladies support each other in their successes was always super inspiring to me!

We then decided we should stream on CB, but soon realized our extremely old (2012 lol) laptop, simply could not handle the task at hand.

My plan now is to purchase a new gaming laptop that meets the basic requirements as far as processor, RAM, and graphics card. My budget is around $1000, and I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations? Has anyone gotten a laptop under 1k for streaming in the last couple years they especially love? Are there any tech savvy people out there who can help guide me a little bit in finding the right model for my needs/budget?

What processor is in that 2012 laptop? its possible you can stream with hardware encoding

Edit: the above laptop is not a super powerful gaming laptop as far as video card goes, if you are going to actually be gaming a lot and your budget is 1000 dollars you might be better off waiting till you find a deal on an rtx 4070 laptop. Sometimes you can find an asus tuf intel based with an rtx 4070 at bestbuy on sale for just under 1000 but it sells out pretty quick.

What processor is in that 2012 laptop? its possible you can stream with hardware encoding

Edit: the above laptop is not a super powerful gaming laptop as far as video card goes, if you are going to actually be gaming a lot and your budget is 1000 dollars you might be better off waiting till you find a deal on an rtx 4070 laptop. Sometimes you can find an asus tuf intel based with an rtx 4070 at bestbuy on sale for just under 1000 but it sells out pretty quick.

The hardware video encoders do not get better with better Nvidia cards. So just about any card of the same model (that has hardware encoding hardware--watch out for this) will hardware encode at exactly the same speed. There is basically a special chip that does the hardware encoding and some really expensive cards will have 2 of them, but from the point of view of even 4k encoding, pretty much any 3xxx or 4xxx card with an encoder will work.

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new (click on encoding to see all of the models).

I have a really old card(so old it is no longer on the chart) and it will do 1080p hardware encoding (it won't do 4k). Basically anything 6th gen or newer will work for 4k hardware encoding so long has it has NVENC hardware.

Hey everyone!
I just wanted to post a little about my situation and see if anyone would be kind enough to offer some advice.

I started camming in 2010 and continued on and off until 2013. I always had issues with having a safe space to consistently cam from, so I never did it full time. Regardless, I did pretty good and never had issues with my cam score getting too low or my room being empty/quiet. I had a small twitter account to advertise when I would be online, but mainly had all interactions with tippers in my DMs on MFC. The good old days before you needed a digital marketing degree to successfully promo!

In the last few years I became interested in the recent developments of online SW and started using Reddit with my partner. We loved participating in NSFW subs and decided we wanted to try to grow our account and create an OF page for our fans. Unfortunately, we ran into some privacy issues and had to delete our Reddit account. We then decided we should stream on CB, but soon realized our extremely old (2012 lol) laptop, simply could not handle the task at hand. During this time I was trying to reacquaint myself with MFC as well, because I am also interested in camming solo, and I loved MFC when I was on it before. I created a new account, went live, my computer couldn’t handle it…. so I essentially wasted my new model status straight away 🥲

I’m anxious to start camming again and start building up my following online, but I’m nervous to start and be so overwhelmed I “waste” my new model status just trying to get my bearings. Does anyone have any advice on how to strategically get through the first few months? I think a decent computer is literally just vital so I’m going to work on that first and foremost. I’m interested in branching out from MFC, and I’m currently waiting to be verified on SM. I have friends who have used it for years and really like it compared to MFC.

Im nervous but excited to return to the world of camming! One thing I miss the most about it is the community aspect, seeing other ladies support each other in their successes was always super inspiring to me!
The laptop I got is so good and so fast Its gaming laptop and its a icore 7 and for $1k I cam on 5 sites at the same time. Its $857 right now. You should snag it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lilly_____
The hardware video encoders do not get better with better Nvidia cards. So just about any card of the same model (that has hardware encoding hardware--watch out for this) will hardware encode at exactly the same speed. There is basically a special chip that does the hardware encoding and some really expensive cards will have 2 of them, but from the point of view of even 4k encoding, pretty much any 3xxx or 4xxx card with an encoder will work.

https://developer.nvidia.com/video-encode-and-decode-gpu-support-matrix-new (click on encoding to see all of the models).

I have a really old card(so old it is no longer on the chart) and it will do 1080p hardware encoding (it won't do 4k). Basically anything 6th gen or newer will work for 4k hardware encoding so long has it has NVENC hardware.

Never said they did, they asked for a gaming laptop I linked the best deal I could find on a gaming laptop and said that if they are actually going to be GAMING a lot that they might be better off waiting on a 4070 deal

Status
Not open for further replies.