AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Cam Score All Time Low

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TaeDollBABY

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 26, 2013
My Cam Score is like rock bottom...
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/TaeDollBABY<<----- Ain't Nobody Got Time For That :snooty: :snooty:

how in the world can i increase my cam score...
and if not??
How can I start over on MFC from scratch...

TaeDollBABY said:
My Cam Score is like rock bottom...
http://profiles.myfreecams.com/TaeDollBABY<<----- Ain't Nobody Got Time For That :snooty: :snooty:

how in the world can i increase my cam score...
and if not??
How can I start over on MFC from scratch...

IF you apply for and get models only status you'll be able to read a big thread we have in the models only section about how camscore works, and what you need to do to raise it.

Camscore is tokens per hour averaged over 60 days, averaged against all the other models on mfc.

To raise your camscore you will need to earn more per hour.

Reactions: TaeDollBABY
I would not recommend this to every model, and I certainly wouldn't do it more than once but....

I started MFC over 2 years ago, and naturally did not do as well then. My cam score never dropped below 1000, but it was close, and getting people in my room was very difficult. Eventually I left and went to another site where I made more money. However, MFC is a great site when you know what you're doing and have experience. Anyway, I came back with more experience but due to my camscore, I was still having issues with traffic.

So what did i do? I decided to have a new start. I deleted my old MFC account. Killed it. I creatied a new account and came back with my new model banner, and 2 years of experience. In my first week, I managed to get my camscore to over 5k. (I took a couple of weeks off after that like a dummy, and it went down) but its still above 2k, and I have plenty of traffic.

Sometimes, you just need a new start. If you know what you're doing, and take advantage of those first weeks, you should be golden. Just make sure to tell your current tippers what you plan on doing. They won't be mad at you. If they like you, they will support you. ;)

LilyMarie said:
From what I've read from other models so far, MFC isn't likely to let you make a new account.

I had to delete my old account first. So I was lucky to have another site to make money on while I waited for my new account to be verified.

It actually only took 2 days though.

MandyMetal said:
LilyMarie said:
From what I've read from other models so far, MFC isn't likely to let you make a new account.

I had to delete my old account first. So I was lucky to have another site to make money on while I waited for my new account to be verified.

Even then, they're likely to realize you've submitted/been a model before. I think it's something they've cracked down on mostly in the last year, so you might have just made it under the wire if you did it a couple years ago. Still, there's been plenty of girls here who have attempted it, been caught by MFC, and then made to use their old account.

CharlotteLace said:
MandyMetal said:
LilyMarie said:

Even then, they're likely to realize you've submitted/been a model before. I think it's something they've cracked down on mostly in the last year, so you might have just made it under the wire if you did it a couple years ago. Still, there's been plenty of girls here who have attempted it, been caught by MFC, and then made to use their old account.

I did it a little over a month ago.

MandyMetal said:
I did it a little over a month ago.

My bad, misread your first post. From what I've seen, a lot of girls attempt it and MFC tells them to use their old name, so with that luck, I'd buy a lottery ticket. ;) But seriously, glad it worked out for you. :)

A pretty popular British model recently switched over to a new account. I really have no idea why. She must have had an 8000+ camscore on her old account and now she's back to 1000. I'm guessing she must have done it for personal reasons. A few members asked her why she'd changed accounts but she ignored them.

mynameisbob84 said:
A pretty popular British model recently switched over to a new account. I really have no idea why. She must have had an 8000+ camscore on her old account and now she's back to 1000. I'm guessing she must have done it for personal reasons. A few members asked her why she'd changed accounts but she ignored them.
Maybe she was under a studio account.

AmberCutie said:
mynameisbob84 said:
Maybe she was under a studio account.

Quite possibly. I'm pretty certain she never cammed from a physical studio but she might well have accidentally signed up through one.

I am pretty sure there are about a million ideas on the topic.
One thing that I don't think has been mention in THIS thread yet--is the importance of marketing---finding an audience outside of MFC and bringing them to you!

TaeDollBABY said:
:lol: Thank you all for the help u think starting over is maybe a good ideal

i have no idea how starting over can be any help at all. you will return to "new model" status and get a bunch of new scammers looking for a new model. if you don't change anything else that won't help.

also will lose your entire previous audience on the hopes of finding more people. being a model isn't about a one-time visit to a chatroom and dropping a truckload of tokens.

Reactions: ComicOzzie
God said:
if you think your camscore is low, compare it with the girl i saw online today with a 148 camscore.
I don't want to sound like a bitch, but 284.6 is a very low camscore, too.

God said:
TaeDollBABY said:
:lol: Thank you all for the help u think starting over is maybe a good ideal

i have no idea how starting over can be any help at all. you will return to "new model" status and get a bunch of new scammers looking for a new model. if you don't change anything else that won't help.

also will lose your entire previous audience on the hopes of finding more people. being a model isn't about a one-time visit to a chatroom and dropping a truckload of tokens.
Right now I think making a new account (if MFC lets her) and starting at 1000 would make more sense for her than trying to drag herself out of her current camscore. I know it has been done by other models, but it's next to impossible.
As a "new model", she has the badge on her avatar again and gets seen by way more people than with her current camscore. Also, I don't think she's losing out on much by losing her "entire previous audience"; that audience doesn't seem to be the kind that tips a lot.
:twocents-02cents:

Any girl who tries to make a new account to improve their camscore has got to be ready to hit the ground running, though. Don't start one and just hop on cam all willy nilly. Gotta have a plan to capitalize on the first 10 hours of the "new model" badge (that's how long it lasts) and make as many tokens in that time as possible.

Otherwise, making a new account is pointless. :twocents-02cents:

I remember an ACF model... She had a model account, wanted to join a studio, so made a new account under the studio, got her new account deleted some time later, and was forced to use her old account.

(I don't remember the particulars, but I'm sure I'm close!)

It's important because otherwise, models would make new accounts every week. Look at the many many many girls with under 1,000 CS... All the girls who work many hours a day (whether they're forced to or not) their studios would surely have them make new accounts all the time so they could get the better camscore and the "new model" tag.

To me, it makes sense that making new accounts is against the rules. I do, however, wish they made exceptions.

Of all the rules MFC overlooks, I think it's likely they will overlook this one too, no?

In your situation, I would certainly see about making a new account!
Also, this time going in, pay close attention to the tokens/hour you're making! If you want your camscore to be above 1,000 it's a good idea to shoot for 350 tokens/hour or more. At least that was usually about right when I was camming on MFC a few months ago.

EDITED because I didn't feel comfortable naming names...

Reactions: AmeliaArcana
350 tokens per hour is $17.50 per hour, right? If you don't have a lot of expenses coming out of that -- although with taxes you probably do -- it beats flipping burgers or taking customer service calls one after another. And if you can make 350 tokens per hour, you probably have the traffic to make more if you market yourself diligently and work really hard at it. It's work, not a picnic, so put the effort in and see what happens. Some highly successful models are dispensing advice here, so I'd damn sure take it. In some circles, advice such as this comes with a price tag.

pg240 said:
350 tokens per hour is $17.50 per hour, right? If you don't have a lot of expenses coming out of that -- although with taxes you probably do -- it beats flipping burgers or taking customer service calls one after another. And if you can make 350 tokens per hour, you probably have the traffic to make more if you market yourself diligently and work really hard at it. It's work, not a picnic, so put the effort in and see what happens. Some highly successful models are dispensing advice here, so I'd damn sure take it. In some circles, advice such as this comes with a price tag.

where are you getting that number from? To have a camscore of around 250 your average earnings will be much lower than that. 350 tokens per hour is closer to what you'd need to make for an 1000 camscore.

My advice is: join another camsite, work there for a few months, get used to camming, learn the know how, get decent internet and a decent cam. If you're successful there then if you decide you want to try myfreecams again do it in 2 months time. Get a twitter account and during your 60 days try and sell vids and skypes for tokens, this'll get your average up so that when you choose to work on myfreecams again hopefully not only will you have camming experience, but all those bad days will be off your 60 days and your camscore should have gone up. There is also obviously the option of in 60 days time self tipping a bit to raise your average so your score goes up. If with new exposure and experience you still don't make it in myfreecams, then it may be time to give up. Myfreecams isn't for everyone. If you're not making as much as you'd like through camming then it may not be worth it.

pg240 said:
350 tokens per hour is $17.50 per hour, right? If you don't have a lot of expenses coming out of that -- although with taxes you probably do -- it beats flipping burgers or taking customer service calls one after another.

In the short term, I'd agree that earning that amount by being on cam for an hour has got to be better than than working at least double that to make the same money at a minimum wage job. But in the long term, working a less than awesome minimum wage job isn't going to have ramifications down the road in future careers. Nor is it going to lead to potential problems if family or friends or a particularly conservative community find out what you're doing for a living.

I think camming at all is a risk. It's a risk that can pay off big time - you can be earning huge amounts of money, working less hours than the average person, and enjoying yourself while you do it - but it could also mean long hours for relatively low pay, and a lot of stress, for a short period of time. After which, it can be hard to find work in a whole host of careers and can affect relationships with family, friends, boyfriends, etc.

Tis a double edged sword, ya know? :twocents-02cents:

Isabella_deL said:
pg240 said:

where are you getting that number from? To have a camscore of around 250 your average earnings will be much lower than that. 350 tokens per hour is closer to what you'd need to make for an 1000 camscore.

My advice is: join another camsite, work there for a few months, get used to camming, learn the know how, get decent internet and a decent cam. If you're successful there then if you decide you want to try myfreecams again do it in 2 months time. Get a twitter account and during your 60 days try and sell vids and skypes for tokens, this'll get your average up so that when you choose to work on myfreecams again hopefully not only will you have camming experience, but all those bad days will be off your 60 days and your camscore should have gone up. There is also obviously the option of in 60 days time self tipping a bit to raise your average so your score goes up. If with new exposure and experience you still don't make it in myfreecams, then it may be time to give up. Myfreecams isn't for everyone. If you're not making as much as you'd like through camming then it may not be worth it.

Sorry, I should have used quote function. I got the 350 tokes per hour from Jilly Bean's post above mine: "If you want your camscore to be above 1,000 it's a good idea to shoot for 350 tokens/hour or more. At least that was usually about right when I was camming on MFC a few months ago."

i know at least 4 models that went from an MFC studio to having their own account and that is like on-the-job training (the studio also gives them an account that is already on the friends list of some guys. once you get added to a guy's friends list it doesn't matter what your camscore is because he will still know when you are online. this may sound a little crude and i am not trying to sugar-coat my text). i think a lot of new models have problems because of never watching other models first and that is the equivalent of on-the-job training. i am leaving out some of the bad things and trying to focus on some good things. imagine if you were the customer instead of the business. just today i visited a very impatient model. she went online and offline twice in probably 3 hours and even during that time she was complaining that her countdown wasn't moving along fast enough. i'm not sure she even spent as much time online as offline during those 3 hours. i have no idea what her camscore was but i have seen her be impatient like this before and i think letting it show also makes her suffer. think of it as a first date with each of the guys and ask yourself if you were them would they go on a second date? you have to do this part from a girl's point of view because you are a girl. this is like auditioning to be their secret girlfriend that provides them with the happiness they can't find offline.

i have seen some models get all the tokens they asked for and still complain that only one guy or a couple of guys were tipping. maybe those guys have a limited time online so they were more motivated, but don't complain about getting the tokens. nobody wants to think they are making you unhappy by tipping you. the more visitors and tokens some models get, the more reckless they might get, which can also be a problem. word of mouth between guys on a cam website is also underrated. i am just posting things as i remember them, but it's probably better than one very long post.

one thing to plan for is what you are going to do for holidays. Halloween is a time a lot of models like to dress up and do role-playing. if nobody hears about it ahead of time, they might never find out what you did. if you really want more tokens i have even seen models do a raffle for their phone number (some of them even buy a second phone for this. imagine being able to turn off the phone and not have to worry that it's an important call). sometimes they say it's only for text-messaging. i have also seen a model prank-call a guy who won her phone number to tell him she was online while she was on cam (i assume another guy tipped her for that, but she had a really good relationship with that guy and a lot of regulars in her chatroom.) another way i have seen models get more tokens or more visitors is to go on cam with another model. it can help both models but sometimes it's just one model trying to help the other model succeed. i wouldn't be able to give any pointers on how to get that started.

I had a camscore of 380 on my MFC account, so I'm on the "delete and try again" boat myself. I just closed my MFC account and submitted my application for a new one today. Lets see how it goes and if it even works. Will report back with the verdict :)

Reactions: TaeDollBABY
Status
Not open for further replies.