AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camgirl etiquette question about suddenly going private

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow the comments here suck she should have gave a warning plain and simple
Nobody here is denying the fact that giving a warning is the polite thing to do and I feel like 99% of the time models do give a quick "hey, got a prvt brb" but its just not ALWAYS possible, especially for a new model just learning a site and trying to figure out whats what.

When I moved from mfc to streamate I was so confused the first time I got a premium (group) show. You don't get any warning or notifications, the show just automatically starts.... I didn't realize this as on mfc you always have the option to accept or decline. I was so confused I didn't even realize I was in a show and told the guy I wasn't doing anything unless we were in paid chat. He politely told me we were, I still didn't believe him and he ended the show, met me back in free chat so I could see the difference and then took me back prem and we had some fun together. This guy could of just as easily turned abusive but I am thankful he didn't. I realize my circumstances are not exactly the same as what we are talking about here but there is always a learning curve when getting started and the OP's reaction is over the top. If he was a tipping member then I might give him a little more consideration but seeing as he started this thread and has never showed back up to clarify, ill stand by my previous statement that this model dodged a bullet.

Unless you have a long standing rapport with a model, you have absolutely no reason to expect anything, and even at that it's iffy. Sure, it would be nice, but let's think about this. How many times have you checked out a room and not been intrigued and then left? Did you type "Just checking things out, probably not gonna be back"? Nah, best case scenario you left with no interaction. A lot of time you left after the model said "Hi". Maybe that's not the OP, but I know I have done it. For the models, this is a business, for members, mostly an escape. Don't get the two confused.

Nobody here is denying the fact that giving a warning is the polite thing to do and I feel like 99% of the time models do give a quick "hey, got a prvt brb" but its just not ALWAYS possible, especially for a new model just learning a site and trying to figure out whats what.
I can't remember a single time on CB that a model has announced she was going into a private.

• Helpful!
Reactions: ElaySmith
Recently, I was in the room of a new camgirl on Chaturbate.

She was chatty with the room members and accumulated tips, then suddenly went private with no warning.

I felt that was something of a slap in the face. I voiced no complaint to the other room members, but went to the browser tab where I had a cart of things from her Amazon wish list, deleted them all, then said a cheery good night to the other room members, then left.

Is this sort of thing common and/or considered acceptable behavior by a cammer?

Is there a reason/context why this was so upsetting to you (like you were personally actively tipping a large amount for something)?

I try my very very best to always be fair and never leave my guys feeling ripped off. It’s a very difficult balance to find a good time to go private when the room is busy. If someone tips for something I usually wait to go private and I always tell the guys or I ask my top tippers/regulars for feedback. If guys are tipping a lot in public I generally don’t take privates during that time.

I personally am probably over cautious with this to my own detriment and even still I occasionally let someone down. I wouldn’t take it so personally,if you don’t like how a model runs her room then there are plenty of other rooms you can check out. We all are highly incentivized to do our best since our income is directly tied to our performance.

My issues is that the members don't even hint that they want as show. I have far too many members and clients who will either just sit waiting me to beg for them to take me private. I have many members who complain that I need to get them hard enough to take them private. Some of these guys will come back after I have ended a private saying that if I waited they would have taken me without giving me any hint that they want to go private. So... I figure if you guys wanted a place in line you should say something and just not sit there in chat and complain later.

I have many members who complain that I need to get them hard enough to take them private

They don't actually want a private, they want freebies.

I can't remember a single time on CB that a model has announced she was going into a private.

MFC this happens fairly regularly where models will announce. I've seen it a time or two the few times I've been on CB.

giphy.gif

Maybe if you guys would be more generous with your tokens, and stop with that "I'll tip her one token every 2 minutes to give her a grand total of 10 tokens" bullshit, the model would feel that it's worth it to stay in the free chat vs. taking the private show. Or maybe not...private shows certainly do put more money in your pocket faster than waiting around for free chat dudes to decide if you're "worth it" to get a tip for a flash. *eye roll* Y'all really do think models are gonna hang out in free chat 24/7...that we've got all the time in the world to sit around waiting for y'all to clear a room topic? Nah, we're taking that private show if y'all are just gonna twiddle your thumbs. Besides, I can only do like 3 hours of free chat at a time before I'm ready to throw my laptop at the wall. Haha. We'd better make the most of my time online, buddy boy.

Btw, I always tell the room "Going private, guys! Be right back!"

You "voiced no complaint to the other room members?" Well aren't you an entitled little manbaby. Your screen name does make me hungry though.
I love every word of this and totally agree. :angelic:

They don't actually want a private, they want freebies.

Yes for real, tell tale sign of a waste of time cheapo. If they have a million random requests you must fulfill for free “before the private” they are just hustling shit for free. Also 90% of guys who ask for pm without tipping (“cause it’s to talk about a pvt”) are just going to dick you around or ask u to do something ridiculous probably just to get a reaction. SMH fools....

Wow the comments here suck she should have gave a warning plain and simple

Pfft your comment sucks.
Teasing.gif
lol

She is new. You and OP both need to give the girl who TRYING TO DO HER JOB a break. I understand you members are there to have a good time, hangout, and masturbate. She is there for different reasons, and that is $$$. I think sometimes you guys forget that. Grow some patience. There is no CB rule where models have to announce before going to private. If she forgot or didn't realize, oh well. I'm sure she didn't TAKE A PRIVATE TO PAY HER BILLS to snub you or to be rude.

And most privates don't last that long. It normally takes most men to make themselves to ejactualte three to seven minutes if they are not edging or taking their time. Which most aren't. Be patient. She will be back. Remember she and every other working model is trying to do what's best for themselves TO MEET THEIR BASIC NEEDS.

I like the bar analogy. You hang out with your bartender when sitting at the bar. They will chat and entertain you while you have your drink. They understand you came for your drink, but they will talk you up and make you feel comfortable while you drink, usually motivated towards the likelihood you to tip. Sometimes that bartender needs to excuse herself from the current conversation to take care of other paying bar patrons. Sometimes they may just quickly turn around and take care of someone without saying anything to you. AND THAT IS OKAY. Because guess what? Eventually they will turn around and have down time. How ridiculous would it be a bar patron was gonna give the bartender a stuffed animal and got angry if they turned around to service a paying customer that they threw away their bear while telling the other bartenders.

Last edited:
When I first started on cb I didn’t want to upset the person who wanted to take me private. I was excited to do my first one. People were tipping at the time and I don’t think I gave any warning. Nobody complained, nobody gave thumbs down, they just let me know when I came back that it was better to either not take it when the room was busy or at least say something first. As has been said, she is new. There is a lot to learn about on cb and you can get overwhelmed in the beginning. Be nice to her and forgive her mistakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.