AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming and Weight Gain

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You’re welcome! I know the whole “body image” bs is becoming out of hand with the media making every one wanting to be photoshop perfect. I think its complete s*** .

I actually feel WAY better about myself when I am consistently on cam and get all the $$ and compliments about my body. It's all in my head right now, but this thread has helped me feel SO MUCH LESS ALONE about it anyway. (It also helps I finally have found the right concoction of painkillers for my back/knee (getting older is the worst) and have recently hit the gym/trail on the regular...endorphins are magical.)

Thank you :)

I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I really love a model who isn't afraid to show her stomach after putting on some weight. I like pretty much all sizes and body shapes but the thing that really does it for me is someone who can move around in a natural way while oozing confidence whatever their size. I have known several models who after gaining a few pounds started hiding their stomachs and its glaringly obvious. They start doing things like angling the cam in weird ways, having their boobs poking out but always keeping a shirt on or trying to only show themselves from the boobs up all of which is like drawing a big red target on the insecurity. Sensing them being uncomfortable makes me feel uncomfortable and makes the show stop being fun.

I mean I totally understand it and get why people would want to hide it but I always feel like people aren't fooled. If someone is in your room they already know what body type you have which means they like it and want to see it otherwise they wouldn't be there in the first place. Keeping it all covered up can only put off the people who want to see it and would tip for it and the people it would bother wouldn't be there anyway.

I don't think she's on this forum but I'm sure she wouldn't mind me saying this but the best example I can think of right now is someone like Codivore. She's pretty damn successful, has a chubby stomach but is totally comfortable with herself and makes no attempt to hide it away which is incredibly sexy.

"Can anyone - models or guys who see all types of girls - help me get out of this mindset,,, or give me ideas for working around problem areas..."

Ban the ***thead that asked you the question, be mad as hell at HIM, that should go a long way to curing this glitch :)

Also, I just heard of a weight loss product called sugarshot saw some amazing b4 and after pics on FB just today.

Also, a piece of advice that has served me well over the years...

People will handle it as YOU handle it. If you can get it in your head it's not significant then it won't be to anyone else.

Ciao

I feel for you so much here. I have similar issues, though funnily enough, when I first started camming I had gained probably about 20lbs that year, so I never cammed as my slimmer self. It took years to get the weight off and it fluctuated during that time. When I did my top 100 month I regained all of the small losses I had made due to not having time to cook, but I still reached higher than the token goal I was aiming for, the majority of which came from members I met during that month. When I left camming my weight dropped back down and remained that way for several years. I only came on cam a few times when I was a lot slimmer and while I got a lot of compliments, I barely made any money. Then due to getting chronic fatigue and lousy hormones I regained that weight, came back on cam and made plenty in income.
The sad thing about body image is that even though my weight has never made any difference to my camscore, income or regulars over the past 7 years, I still have a strong idea in my head that I need to lose weight before camming. Or that if I just lost weight I could do better. It's clearly nothing to do with how others perceive me, it's all to do with my own self worth and what I perceive to be attractive or worthy of being on camera. If anyone has ever felt less attracted to me when I've got more weight on, they haven't let me know through words or token spending differences.

My advice is to try to own it, looks are important for camming, but confidence and personality are just as important in terms of success. There are also many members who prefer more "normal" looking women who they believe to be attainable. Interestingly enough there have been studies on this, that while people tend to have similar ideas on what they find attractive, people will generally be more drawn to those they perceive they have a chance with. Remember that while you may have a bit of extra weight on your midriff, chances are so do the majority of people stopping by your room.

Reactions: sexyvanessa4u
I don't know if I'm in the minority here but I really love a model who isn't afraid to show her stomach after putting on some weight. I like pretty much all sizes and body shapes but the thing that really does it for me is someone who can move around in a natural way while oozing confidence whatever their size. I have known several models who after gaining a few pounds started hiding their stomachs and its glaringly obvious. They start doing things like angling the cam in weird ways, having their boobs poking out but always keeping a shirt on or trying to only show themselves from the boobs up all of which is like drawing a big red target on the insecurity. Sensing them being uncomfortable makes me feel uncomfortable and makes the show stop being fun.

I agree with this 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.