AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming sites that support OBS?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 17, 2018
What are all the camming sites that support OBS instead of streammate,MFC,and CB? I hear that chrome will no longer support flash soon so im a bit worried

There's no response to worry, Flash is still a year or so away from not being supported and sites are working on alternatives - that's what the new SM Connect page is all about on Streamate.

I'm not sure how OBS is relevant to Flash, as Flash is what allows the browser to play the media, regardless of the encoder used to stream. However, cams.com is also compatible with OBS, however it tends to be much slower than the big 3 and so may not bring in as much.

I'm not sure how OBS is relevant to Flash, as Flash is what allows the browser to play the media, regardless of the encoder used to stream. However, cams.com is also compatible with OBS, however it tends to be much slower than the big 3 and so may not bring in as much.

On the model side, broadcasting by Flash is being replaced by OBS. On the viewer side, Flash is being replaced by HTML5. HTML5 is much more efficient, so once everyone gets that working well it should really improve the viewing experience.

Does anyone know if there is a site where a test OBS stream can be established, so you can listen in from another browser and then tune the sound and visuals? Are models testing OBS on CB by just password protecting their room and then doing their performance tuning in a private room?

I did not find a way to do this on the CB testbed, not the least reason of which is that the testbed does not allow you to broadcast to anyone than yourself. I could not find any support for OBS on the testbed (which does not mean it is not there).

What I would really like to have is a site that just gives you a locked down room where you can test things privately, maybe with two or three other viewers. This would give the model a place to test settings without accidentally risking doing a public broadcast. Does anyone implement that idea well?

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is a site where a test OBS stream can be established, so you can listen in from another browser and then tune the sound and visuals?

Lets say you tuned your OBS settings for twitch.. Those settings may not be great for CB..

Are models testing OBS on CB by just password protecting their room and then doing their performance tuning in a private room?

It happens, i've seen more then a few models with stream names like 'testing obs', 'not streaming'.

OBS has a preview window and levels. You can also record locally. So you can test levels, Lighting, color adjustments, even without broadcasting.

The only way to test your performance streaming to CB, is to stream to CB.

Also you might want to check to make sure your using the best CB ingest stream server for your location.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Lets say you tuned your OBS settings for twitch.. Those settings may not be great for CB..

For final tuning you are right, but it would be nice to just have a permanent "playground" where you could just learn to use the tools. If you want to try out a new configuration, you could take 20 minutes to do that in a place where you are not going to ruin your show by mistake. Then once you have a stable configuration and understanding of the pieces, you can go to CB to finalize adjustments.

It happens, i've seen more then a few models with stream names like 'testing obs', 'not streaming'.

And they do this in a password protected room, or they just do a public broadcast and don't worry that fans are going to be put off and leave?

OBS has a preview window and levels. You can also record locally. So you can test levels, Lighting, color adjustments, even without broadcasting.

How do levels work? Recording locally works, but that introduces delays. I was thinking you might just start a broadcast with test configuration, then go into another room with a tablet and bring your broadcast up, seeing how the different elements are balancing without interference of sounds in the broadcast room. Then it is easy to just go back and forth after making adjustments.

Also you might want to check to make sure your using the best CB ingest stream server for your location.

Well, if you were in Russia or Eastern Europe, it would be hard to know which ingest server is going to give the best result. You would have to invest in testing out all of them to observe differences. And then I guess during a network outage you would have to retest again. It's good to know you have that option though.

sorry for intruding OP's post, but can someone direct me to a website, or explain me how i broadcast with OBS on two different sites? i curently do it on cb, would like to add one or two more sites and cant find a guide anywhere. thx

sorry for intruding OP's post, but can someone direct me to a website, or explain me how i broadcast with OBS on two different sites? i curently do it on cb, would like to add one or two more sites and cant find a guide anywhere. thx

You just need to download any webcam splitter software and launch it. Then run OBS 3 times and broadcast to each site in different OBS. The problem is that you need a powerful processor to do this or decrease your video resolution.

Otherwise, you can use our service for this purpose :)

It exists plugins from the OBS site to broadcast the same stream on multiple sites.
The problem is that you will use more internet bandwith.

I know that some sites can do that better.
OBS stream to that site where you have an account, and their servers restream to other sites.
I don't know which site, but know that It has a cost.

my internet speed for upload is 90.3Mbps. i think its more than enough for broadcasting on chaturbate and another site, using OBS.
If the resources of your processor are enough to stream in good quality, as well as the internet speed and traffic limits, you can stream directly, not using restreaming services. Otherwise, restreaming services can be a good solution. But please note that not all of them are good for camming sites for different reasons.

I have an Intel Core i-5 -6600K CPU @3.5GHz 3.5 GHz with 8GB RAM. For some reason for example on chaturbate, my image is more clear if i use OSB than without. wish i can learn more about these stuff to understand better lol. Thank you again for all explanations and help:)

I have an Intel Core i-5 -6600K CPU @3.5GHz 3.5 GHz with 8GB RAM. For some reason for example on chaturbate, my image is more clear if i use OSB than without. wish i can learn more about these stuff to understand better lol. Thank you again for all explanations and help:)
Looks like it should be enough for 2 sites in 720p without any restreamers. if your settings are correct. For more sites or for higher quality - not sure.
Yes, in most cases rtmp-streaming (via OBS or our software, or others) provides better quality than Flash Player streaming (via browser). That's why many camming websites give higher ranking to models who stream rtmp.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sophiestique
Status
Not open for further replies.