AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming stole my years

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaM

Cam Model
Dec 19, 2019
I was thinking lately what I do with my life? I feel like in last 10 years I only worked to 'try to save money' for future ( I didn't even succesfully did this ) and I didn't realize when years flew. I have 28 years old now and I feel so old aleady; I don't want to wakeup in a day having 50 years old and realize that I did nothing for me and I didn't enjoy 'my young years'.

I don't want to be ungrateful, this industry gave me a very confortable life that I cound't ever had with other job in my country but I feel like I missed so many things working in this job ( I used to work even 10 hour per day before ), I feel like I didn't enjoy nothing, I don't have a career because I olny worked as camgirl, I lost a lot of money because in my stupidity I alwasy give to others, I don't have many friends because I feel ashmed to say what I work and my love life is another level of disaster. 😿

So please tell me from your experience or not, what things I should do before being too late? what things you wished to do but you never did? and how is camming impacting your life and happiness.

I m sorry for writed so much and Thank you for reading 🙏

My twenties were total chaos. Very unstable job situation, constantly being laid off because the businesses were petroleum-based industries and it was just after 9/11, so it wasn't an indictment of my work ethic but the world economy. Which is what you are now facing but for a different reason.

I survived. My 30's happened, I couldn't stand working for anyone else any more and I learned about camming. I took my shot and ten years later I'm in my 40's and my career is better than ever. I'm saving for my first house.

I'm happy in general but not always happy in the moment with how things worked out. I get frustrated. I don't always hit my goals but I've learned how to cope with giving up something I wanted in exchange for the freedom to do literally whatever I want throughout my day.

Instability isn't for everyone but I grew up like this. The choices were always this or that but not both and in the rare occasion it was both that meant something down the line became a no.

Do I have regrets? No. Do I feel like I missed out on anything? No. Around here women in their 30's are getting married and having babies. Babies become a mother's go-to topic when there are other mothers in the room and I never planned on having children. We would have nothing in common outside of drinking.

If things had gone a bit different for me during the height of pandemic I would have capitalized a bit harder and saved up more money to do fun things.

The fun things to do around here are golfing and go karting both of which are really expensive compared to the enjoyment rate. You'll never get me on an airplane again for as long as I live so until the cat decides her carrier isn't an evil portal to hell, I'm not traveling any time soon.

Life is about trade-offs and compromise. If the comprise and the trade-off isn't worth it, don't do whatever it is.

I was thinking lately what I do with my life? I feel like in last 10 years I only worked to 'try to save money' for future ( I didn't even succesfully did this ) and I didn't realize when years flew. I have 28 years old now and I feel so old aleady; I don't want to wakeup in a day having 50 years old and realize that I did nothing for me and I didn't enjoy 'my young years'.

I don't want to be ungrateful, this industry gave me a very confortable life that I cound't ever had with other job in my country but I feel like I missed so many things working in this job ( I used to work even 10 hour per day before ), I feel like I didn't enjoy nothing, I don't have a career because I olny worked as camgirl, I lost a lot of money because in my stupidity I alwasy give to others, I don't have many friends because I feel ashmed to say what I work and my love life is another level of disaster. 😿

So please tell me from your experience or not, what things I should do before being too late? what things you wished to do but you never did? and how is camming impacting your life and happiness.

Are you US?

I don’t know how financial aid works outside of the US, but I really enjoyed my first few years getting an associates degree and finding what subjects were naturally interesting to me, in college.

Although ultimately, I did choose a field that wasn’t a good long-term match for myself, the experience of going to school, meeting new people, and learning new things plus exploring different topics was invaluable.

After I think age 24, they base aid on what you make, and not parents. I think if you are feeling isolated and some regrets it might be refreshing to try something like that.

I would also think about therapy. Not because there’s anything “wrong” with you, but to get some support in processing your experiences. Sounds like you maybe not feeling the happiest with the way things have gone so far. I think pineapple support would still be relevant here, even if you leave the industry.

I think the way you are feeling is very understandable. But it is a temporary state of emotion and mind that you can process and work through, and maybe this phase is necessary for you because another phase of live, that will be cooler, is about to open up for you. Hang in there 💚 Hope these words helped somewhat.

My twenties were total chaos. Very unstable job situation, constantly being laid off because the businesses were petroleum-based industries and it was just after 9/11, so it wasn't an indictment of my work ethic but the world economy. Which is what you are now facing but for a different reason.

I survived. My 30's happened, I couldn't stand working for anyone else any more and I learned about camming. I took my shot and ten years later I'm in my 40's and my career is better than ever. I'm saving for my first house.

I'm happy in general but not always happy in the moment with how things worked out. I get frustrated. I don't always hit my goals but I've learned how to cope with giving up something I wanted in exchange for the freedom to do literally whatever I want throughout my day.

Instability isn't for everyone but I grew up like this. The choices were always this or that but not both and in the rare occasion it was both that meant something down the line became a no.

Do I have regrets? No. Do I feel like I missed out on anything? No. Around here women in their 30's are getting married and having babies. Babies become a mother's go-to topic when there are other mothers in the room and I never planned on having children. We would have nothing in common outside of drinking.

If things had gone a bit different for me during the height of pandemic I would have capitalized a bit harder and saved up more money to do fun things.

The fun things to do around here are golfing and go karting both of which are really expensive compared to the enjoyment rate. You'll never get me on an airplane again for as long as I live so until the cat decides her carrier isn't an evil portal to hell, I'm not traveling any time soon.

Life is about trade-offs and compromise. If the comprise and the trade-off isn't worth it, don't do whatever it is.
it's kinda same here, this is how I lost almost every single friend I have, they now have kids, husbands and they ask me out less and less; that's make me feel like my life is inapropiate for my age, if 5 years ago was more easy for me to say that I m a student and also I camming until I finish university now is not that easy anymore

Are you US?

I don’t know how financial aid works outside of the US, but I really enjoyed my first few years getting an associates degree and finding what subjects were naturally interesting to me, in college.

Although ultimately, I did choose a field that wasn’t a good long-term match for myself, the experience of going to school, meeting new people, and learning new things plus exploring different topics was invaluable.

After I think age 24, they base aid on what you make, and not parents. I think if you are feeling isolated and some regrets it might be refreshing to try something like that.

I would also think about therapy. Not because there’s anything “wrong” with you, but to get some support in processing your experiences. Sounds like you maybe not feeling the happiest with the way things have gone so far. I think pineapple support would still be relevant here, even if you leave the industry.

I think the way you are feeling is very understandable. But it is a temporary state of emotion and mind that you can process and work through, and maybe this phase is necessary for you because another phase of live, that will be cooler, is about to open up for you. Hang in there 💚 Hope these words helped somewhat.
Thank you, I did therapy 4 years and I loved it but unfortunatelly my therapyst had some medical problems so we needed to stop, I felt really lost without her and next therapist that I tried only made me feel like is something wrong with me and decrease my self-esteem so I stoped..
[ I m not US, I m from East Europe ] ♥️

• Hugs
Reactions: MarieElise
it's kinda same here, this is how I lost almost every single friend I have, they now have kids, husbands and they ask me out less and less; that's make me feel like my life is inapropiate for my age, if 5 years ago was more easy for me to say that I m a student and also I camming until I finish university now is not that easy anymore
it's your life and your path. That's their life and their path. You could be 88 in university and cam. There's no rules you must follow.

You can cam , study and quit at your age again. It's not the end

My grandma went to university and graduated with her son :)

I think these things are sometimes faced by folks in many careers not just camming. We all dive in.. and don't think about 'living' sometimes.

Never too late to start something new. Camming can provide an excellent support/spring board for whatever comes next for you.

I work alot and I am soon to be 33 and been camming since 18, I stream 10 hours a day, sometimes 16 hours and with no days off ever. I just think it off this way, I seen so many people that have jobs/careers and still struggling and live pay check to check. Just don't live above your means, find ways to invest. for the friends part, If you got to feel you need hide what you do, they aren't worth your time or people that deserve to be your friend.

I work alot and I am soon to be 33 and been camming since 18, I stream 10 hours a day, sometimes 16 hours and with no days off ever. I just think it off this way, I seen so many people that have jobs/careers and still struggling and live pay check to check. Just don't live above your means, find ways to invest. for the friends part, If you got to feel you need hide what you do, they aren't worth your time or people that deserve to be your friend.
You're 100% right. People don't get anywhere by doing the bare minimum. It may look like there is no effort involved but there is actually a lot of time, thought, and consideration at play.

There is no place on earth where 28 is OLD. While we live in a youth centric culture, I can assure you from personal experience, you are nowhere NEAR old or even close to your PEAK. For 28 sounds like you've done and accomplished a great deal. In fact, you are SO YOUNG you can still quit whatever you're doing, do a 180, and start all over again doing something entirely different. That's the beauty of being young, you can afford mistakes, a change of heart, experimentation, a new career....youth is very forgiving and full of possibilities.

Take a little time to celebrate all that you have accomplished so far and to recognize that being a cam girl IS a legitimate career that from the sounds of it you have done quite successfully. That is something to be proud of. Maybe you're just burned out.....maybe take a break and explore other things.....but please cherish your youth ,because you HAVE IT NOW, and it is very much a GIFT.

I started cam when I was 19 and now I just turned 30. I’m generally happy with how I spent my 20s, but it was mix of good and bad of course.

Stupid things I did:
1) Being wasteful with money on useless stuff, but growing up as a poor kid I just had this urge to buy all the pretty things to treat myself, eventually I satisfied it but I really had too many unnecessary stuff.
2) Quit camming for some time for a man. Most drama of my life ever omg, so stupid.

Things I did right:
1) Travlled A LOT.
2) Tried “real work” in hospitality and real estate. Just to learn that it’s not for me but I’m not too stupid to do “real work” lol
3) Dated extensively and proactively was looking for person to marry and build long term family.
4) Was committed to upgrading my health and looks.
5) Went to therapy to heal childhood traumas and trauma from that stupid man.

If you like what you do, you can keep doing it for many more years and you can have family doing so as well! But if you’re sick of this job then it’s different thing, you can look into doing other jobs depending on your skills (fluent in English, good with people etc) or maybe start your own vanilla business. A lot of former girls from studio where I started now working in beauty industry - eyelashes, nails, hair coloring, permanent make up etc etc It’s a skill that you can learn somewhat quick without having to get a degree and this also gives you flexibility of self employed.

Last edited:
I started cam when I was 19 and now I just turned 30. I’m generally happy with how I spent my 20s, but it was mix of good and bad of course.

Stupid things I did:
1) Being wasteful with money on useless stuff, but growing up as a poor kid I just had this urge to buy all the pretty things to treat myself, eventually I satisfied it but I really had too many unnecessary stuff.
2) Quit camming for some time for a man. Most drama of my life ever omg, so stupid.

Things I did right:
1) Travlled A LOT.
2) Tried “real work” in hospitality and real estate. Just to learn that it’s not for me but I’m not too stupid to do “real work” lol
3) Dated extensively and proactively was looking for person to marry and build long term family.
4) Was committed to upgrading my health and looks.
5) Went to therapy to heal childhood traumas and trauma from that stupid man.

If you like what you do, you can keep doing it for many more years and you can have family doing so as well! But if you’re sick of this job then it’s different thing, you can look into doing other jobs depending on your skills (fluent in English, good with people etc) or maybe start your own vanilla business. A lot of former girls from studio where I started now working in beauty industry - eyelashes, nails, hair coloring, permanent make up etc etc It’s a skill that you can learn somewhat quick without having to get a degree and this also gives you flexibility of self employed.

Yea thats ny biggest regret buying things I didn't really didn't want, and wasting so much money on things not important. LOL Now I work so much it's hard and before I worked less and made more lol

Reactions: EasternPromis
Status
Not open for further replies.