AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming to be featured in Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, a facepalm is a neutral rating and a poop is a negative rating.

He posted a link supporting why he said that, why not click it or ignore it rather than making such an obnoxious comment?
Also here, quoted from the link @Guy shared, for anyone who is interested in the discussion:

I wish they'd linked their studies directly though.
The reason why i didnt even bother reading the article is because guy loves to read articles and take them as truth and then post them as truth. To say rape is about power not sex is sort of ironic since you have to have sex to rape someone. hmm. When i was raped, i was pass out drunk on a couch and woke up with cum in my hair. When i asked why they said "because i was horny and i needed to get my nut" so i dunno believe whatever you want.

I don't believe that any one opinion is wrong or right. Because agreeing with vera, not everything is black and white. We feel the way we feel because of the our life experiences.

My dad used to always say "if you're going to cry i'll give you something to cry about." and that is sorta how i feel about the huge feminist movement. The women in America are the most privileged women on the entire planet and they are still crying about equal rights and so fourth. It literally makes no sense to me. I feel like we already have EVERYTHING.

@cherrybomb1111 I repeatedly clarified that I was not making this personal. However, like you are allowed to be offended by my posts, I am allowed to be irritated that you took my statement out of context and glazed over what I was attempting to communicate. I am very, very glad that you read and make your own decisions. I maintain that it takes work and involvement to keep it "ain't broke." There is still a subset of people even in America for whom it is still "very broke" and they should be considered.

Regardless, if you are supporting what you believe in that is excellent. I don't know you and only have a few interactions to go off of. Your posts in the thread are what I am going off, not your character because I don't know you. I encourage you to reread what I have to say (or not, no skin off my back) but it may ease hard feelings.

And regarding rape, it is widely held that it is a power move. You can disagree! but most studies conclude otherwise. I am operating in an editing window but can link once I dig things up. What's the most traumatic, non-lethal (sometimes!) think you can inflict on another person? Sexual violation. Sex is an ELEMENT, it is not all that rape is about. People who commit arson don't typically commit it because they like fire, and if they do they have even more screws loose than someone who does it out of spite or for criminal purposes.

Here is a peer reviewed, academic article about the psychology of rape. If you have any access remaining through a university/collegiate server you can read the entire thing and not just the abstract. I am looking for additional studies now.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/910975

Here's an additional brief publication through Harvard's educational resources.

https://cyber.harvard.edu/vaw00/theories_of_rape.html

Last edited:
Also aren't they constantly trying to make abortion illegal, or inaccessible, in the States?
Oh, goodness, yes they are. There are states where there's one Planned Parenthood in the entire state. Add to that the policy that they have where you have to have a consultation 24 hours before the abortion is performed, not only does someone need to have saved up enough for the abortion, but travel and a hotel for a night or two as well, plus they'd probably need days off of work, which all amounts to poor women not being reasonably able to access abortions. Then the same people who don't want those women to have abortions, will look down on the women for having children they couldn't afford and needing to use assistance, when they could have avoided having the child if they had had reasonable access to reproductive care.

Human life may begin at conception; however, that does not make it a person. It has the potential to become a person. And until that fetus leaves the womb, it should solely be at the purview of the mother whether it is birthed or aborted. A woman's right to her body is the most important thing. Calling it murder is obscene and draconian.

A quick google tells me that 10-20% of known pregnancies end in miscarriage. It's likely that even more miscarriages happen before the person even knows they're pregnant, and they think they're just having a heavier period than normal. That alone makes the "life begins at conception" approach seem silly to me, because so many pregnancies terminate themselves. As a personal example, my mother has had four children and three miscarriages.

For someone who has given me at least 50 poop ratings on well thought out posts simply because you disagreed with them you sure have a high standard for other people rating your posts poops.
giphy.gif

In my opinion this is why sexual assault and rape are so common because sex is literally a main primal drive in men. I am not by any means defending rape. But it is the only way I can make sense of why it happens.
Thoughts on this?
Indeed. My opinion, musings on the matter...

I remember watching a news report, I believe it was when Michael Vick got busted for involvement in dog-fighting. The reporter was standing there, pointing out the "rape stations", where female dogs would be tied for breeding purposes. Hearing it described as some sort of gross immorality was mind numbing. We are talking about a bitch going into heat here; when it happens, nature takes over. I wondered, "What is my culture coming to when 'rape' is extended to dogs?"

Humans rape because we are animals. Consider our closest relatives...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gombe_Chimpanzee_War
http://www.livemint.com/Opinion/jkywrmQMip9SG6QVYDoe0H/Rape-in-the-animal-kingdom.html
We are hairless chimpanzees. We have been doing this as long as we have been on this earth. If rape seems really common, maybe it is because people are really common. Not to mention really good at spreading the word when something salacious comes along.

Now it is ugly, and I don't mean to suggest we simply accept it, allow it to go unanswered. But it seems to me it might not be a bad idea to keep in mind what we are before we go getting too uptight, thinking we can eliminate it by destroying rape culture, the patriarchy, etc...

An ounce of prevention may be worth a pound of cure; a pound of prevention may be worse than the disease.
@JizzyJezebel I would appreciate it if you cool it with the facepalm ratings. There is a "disagree" button you can click instead.
300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

honestly...

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vera
@cherrybomb1111 I repeatedly clarified that I was not making this personal. However, like you are allowed to be offended by my posts, I am allowed to be irritated that you took my statement out of context and glazed over what I was attempting to communicate. I am very, very glad that you read and make your own decisions. I maintain that it takes work and involvement to keep it "ain't broke." There is still a subset of people even in America for whom it is still "very broke" and they should be considered.

Regardless, if you are supporting what you believe in that is excellent. I don't know you and only have a few interactions to go off of. Your posts in the thread are what I am going off, not your character because I don't know you. I encourage you to reread what I have to say (or not, no skin off my back) but it may ease hard feelings.
No hard feelings love. I just like to argue and play devils advocate. Unfortunately it is my shortfalling. Although everything i stated was not said flippantly. I did read your post, and i did get offended. Only because i felt you singled me out in a paragraph that mentioned being complacent, intellectually lazy, taking our rights for granted, and taking progress for granted. And i would hate to labeled as such just because i have conflicting opinions. Because honestly none of that is true about me.

Well I did, because you are the only one that posted like that ;) I would have quoted others with the same sentiment. Sure, I disagree with you, but I was using *this post* in *this thread* to bring up something I have seen repeatedly elsewhere that I feel is toxic. By all means, be offended. I repeatedly said this was not any overarching character judgment, and if you feel it is? Oh well, I am a bloob on the internet.

I am not going to sit here and get in a pissing match over it, though.

@cherrybomb1111 I repeatedly clarified that I was not making this personal

Little bit contradictory, But no biggie. Do your thing, beautiful, educated, feminist! Keep making boys cry and getting paid to do it:smuggrin:

• Funny!
Reactions: Mila_ and Vera
The math on the gender gap. They are taking the yearly wage of a full time working male and comparing it to the yearly wage of a full time working female and then averaging it out to be 83 cents to the dollar. This is not a fair comparison because over a year span generally men work more hours than women so of course they will make more money.

The second article just blows my mind because it states that sexual assault apparently includes sexual harassment. And here I was thinking that we were talking about men physically forcing themselves on women. Sexual harassment is so damn broad. I can get you fired from a job for saying that I have a cute ass and I feel "unsafe" because I'm being sexually harassed.

Every job I have ever worked at I got paid more than my male co-workers because I worked my ass off and proved my worth then asked for a raise.

I have also been sexually harassed at every job I've worked at because some men just don't have manners and don't know how to talk to women without being gross.

If we are grouping sexual harassment with sexual assault then I can totally see 1/4 women experiencing that because sexual harassment is common. Whereas physical sexual assault is not as common because hey buddy you can go to prison.

It is hardly a shock a liberal think tank like economic policy institute finds there is a wage gap. The best analysis I've seen (admittedly by the right of center AEI) is that wage gap after account for hours worked, and occupation is 5 to 7%. Almost all of it explained by women dropping out the workforce for a few years to have kids. Among woman, without kids, there is no wage gap.

There are a lot of other gaps that don't get talked about
The prison gap: 93% of inmates are male
Murder victim gap 78% male
High School dropout rate 28% of woman drop out vs 35% of men
Fatal accidents on the job 92% men
Homelessness 84% male
Finally life expectancy 76.4 Men 81.2 Woman.

I'd gladly give back the extra 7% I earned, even the bogus 23% in return for 5 more years of life.
The ridiculously broad definition of sexual assault also is ridiculous. If getting your butt slap or saying nice tits at a party is now sexual assault than I'm surprised the number isn't closer to 100%. Hell, I had a girl rub her butt in my crotch in high school a couple of times, and the drunk sorority girl grabbed my balls a party and wanted to go fuck. Now the high school girl, I liked, but I was just too shy, and scared to do anything. But the college girl, I really didn't like and told her that I wasn't interested before. But to put me in the same category of victimization as a girl who's been raped is beyond absurd.

It is hardly a shock a liberal think tank like economic policy institute finds there is a wage gap. The best analysis I've seen (admittedly by the right of center AEI) is that wage gap after account for hours worked, and occupation is 5 to 7%. Almost all of it explained by women dropping out the workforce for a few years to have kids. Among woman, without kids, there is no wage gap.

There are a lot of other gaps that don't get talked about
The prison gap: 93% of inmates are male
Murder victim gap 78% male
High School dropout rate 28% of woman drop out vs 35% of men
Fatal accidents on the job 92% men
Homelessness 84% male
Finally life expectancy 76.4 Men 81.2 Woman.

I'd gladly give back the extra 7% I earned, even the bogus 23% in return for 5 more years of life.
The ridiculously broad definition of sexual assault also is ridiculous. If getting your butt slap or saying nice tits at a party is now sexual assault than I'm surprised the number isn't closer to 100%. Hell, I had a girl rub her butt in my crotch in high school a couple of times, and the drunk sorority girl grabbed my balls a party and wanted to go fuck. Now the high school girl, I liked, but I was just too shy, and scared to do anything. But the college girl, I really didn't like and told her that I wasn't interested before. But to put me in the same category of victimization as a girl who's been raped is beyond absurd.

Now we are gonna have men out in the streets in giant penis suits fighting for men equality and dear god can we please not close those gaps. Sorry men... you can keep them.

• Funny!
Reactions: HiGirlsRHot
You gave me a "bad troll attempt rating". Keep in mind that because of my Aspergers I tend to have poor social skills. It might have been better for you to have pointed out how I was framing my arguments wrong or how what I was posting didnt make sense. Also @AmberCutie said that if we abuse the turd rating, she might get rid of the rating feature.
Hey, This was a really well put and worded request.

Here is a peer reviewed, academic article about the psychology of rape. If you have any access remaining through a university/collegiate server you can read the entire thing and not just the abstract. I am looking for additional studies now.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/910975

Here's an additional brief publication through Harvard's educational resources.

https://cyber.harvard.edu/vaw00/theories_of_rape.html

This is what i was trying to get at originally. Men's primal need to spread their seed and reproduce and have sex is one of the main factors of rape. Here is a quote from your second article.

The inter-individual selection responsible for rape may have been direct or indirect. [FN27] In the case of direct selection for rape, selection may have favored raping because rape had a net positive effect on rapists' reproductive success. *144 Despite its costs, rape increased mate number and thereby reproductive success of males. If so, there is a psychological adaptation in men for rape that is specific to rape. Because women have mate choice adaptations leading them to prefer protective mates with status and resources, as well as to prefer mates with specific physical features such as body symmetry that mark inherited health, [FN28] we can infer that rape, by circumventing female mate choice, increased males' mate number in human evolutionary history.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_
@cherrybomb1111 I am glad you read this, but this is quite out of context and overlooks every other theory posited in the article. Sure, there are outliers who rape only for sexual reasons but this article goes through several other explanations for rape beyond the biological and goes on almost immediately from your quote to describe the negative social implications of rape from a Darwinian perspective. It addresses sex as a commodity and the attitudes that arise thereof, rape as a hate crime, developmental theory, and control theory.

Is it that difficult to acknowledge that people behave for a variety of reasons, and slating only it to some primal nature is both reductionist and disrespectful to both sexes? It removes all agency and personal responsibility from both parties, which is kind of out of synch with the rest of your views if you think about it. Yes, biology is a factor but so are millennia of social changes as well as emerging mental issues. This is a hell of a hill for you to die on.

Last edited:
I did read all of the theories, but naturally I just took the main quote from the article that reinforced my argument. So here is another quote from the article.

"But Darwinian biological theorists remind readers that the discovery of biological bases for destructive human behaviors (such as rape) does not imply social acceptance of such behaviors:

First, to say something is a product of natural selection is not say that it is unchangeable; just about any manifestation of human nature can be changed, given an apt alteration of the environment -- though the required alteration will in some cases be prohibitively drastic. Second, to say that something is "natural" is not to say that it is good. There is no reason to adopt natural selection's "values" as our own. But presumably if we want to pursue values that are a t odds with natural selection's, we need to know what we're up against. If we want to change some disconcertingly stubborn parts of our moral code, it would help to know where they come from. And where they ultimately come from is human nature, however complexly that nature is refracted by the many layers of circumstance and cultural inheritance through which it passes. Robert Wright, THE MORAL ANIMAL, New York: Vintage Books, 1994 at 31."

Even the Darwinian theorist excepts that is is biological, but that doesn't make it good or socially exceptable. As evolved humans we do try to keep a moral code and most men can and have changed the biological desire to rape. Does not mean that the thought never naturally occurred to them.

The Gender based hate crime just sounds like it came from the mind of a feminist

and the Control based theory even states that it was from by the minds of "Feminist Scholars"

I cant even take the last two theories seriously because it is just ridiculous. Now i can admit that a man can feel the emotions of "anger, power" during the process because sex obviously invokes passionate emotions whether they be positive or negative. but in my opinion it is not why they do it in the first place.

Why so many women feel that men hate them is beyond me.

• Wat?!
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Mila_ and Booty_4U
@cherrybomb1111 Your utter refusal to consider the beliefs of someone based on their principles is exactly what I take issue with. I picked two scholastic articles to illustrate my point, it is midnight and I am uploading clips. You have glossed over and dismissed me when I try to speak civilly.

Frankly, I don't have the energy to talk to someone who refuses to consider anything outside the scope of their own beliefs. Yes! Some men do have the urge to rape! Obviously! Rape happens! Some of it is sexually motivated! You are literally saying what I just said, yet you are discounting other scholastic views because? You want to believe anyone who identifies as feminist hates men? What's the axe here? See my above post on my feelings that feminism as a term is outdated.

If you truly feel so strongly about this, I would love to read your peer reviewed sources stating rape is purely sexually motivated and that men are swine who can't contain themselves. Something non-fringe, non Breitbart, published in a scholastic journal. You really, really want to push the idea that-- I am just spitballing here--- I and all feminists of every shade and tone believe all men hate women? Prove it. Give me a source. I will happily read it and have an honest discussion. I am using your words here.

I can't reason with you, at least in this thread, and I am going to stop responding for now because I don't argue, I discuss, and this is rapidly devolving. Stop quoting me, stop mentioning me before the thread derails and gets locked. You want a coherent conversation? You really feel strongly enough to have an actual adult conversation? My DMs are open and I will be less pissy in the morning. If you don't? By all means, do you.

I apologize in advance for the heat. I am exhausted and frustrated, hence the signing off for the evening. None of this is personal. I am just very opinionated and I am going to log off the thread for the evening before I make an ass of myself.

Reading this thread is kinda bumming me out...

@cherrybomb1111 What you say about us already having equality. We do not yet, but we are very close, this is why feminism today usually focuses on very different things to what it used to. It is very important that we keep asking and trying to improve. Modern feminism is more about gradually improving culture and educating people than the aggressive demand for sudden change. Honestly, you might as well say "why are black people still complaining about racism? They have the vote and can get jobs... Jeeze." The point is, that is not good enough, for an evolving society we can do far better than that.

The gender pay gap does exist, it is not just made up statistics and it is not just to do with having children. It's not the case in all workplaces but many women face all sorts of discrimination at work. People have been speculating on the reason why there is a gap for years, but seeing as it is gradually closing shows that things are changing. In the UK I think it's sitting at about 16% for full time employment.

Gender conditioning is something that feminists focus on. Not shaming boys for showing emotion not shaming girls for being strong. Holding boys accountable just as accountable for their actions as girls. Not bullying boys, calling them "little girls" as a way to tell them they're being weak and pathetic. Having more childrens books and television with strong female leads. Having more clothes and toys that focus on girls personalities and interests rather than their looks. This is something that effects both men and women negatively. Conditioning plays a large part in who we become as adults, if you teach boys that girls are weaker than them as children they will likely believe that as adults. If you teach girls they're supposed to focus on their looks more than their personality that will also impact their beliefs. Free will is always there, but we cannot ignore conditioning. There is also tv and films which show unhealthy attitudes towards women. An example of a film that children still watch is James Bond, in many scenes he is extremely chauvinistic, and even rapes Pussy Galore in one scene (oh until she gives up fighting him off and the romantic music comes on). Even films ten years ago had lots of situations where a man was derogatory and unpleasant to women and ended up rewarded. This may not seem like a big deal, but watching these attitudes consistently does effect our real life behaviour. Because of the feminist movement lots of newer films coming out don't have sexist comments and have genuinely strong female leads.

Rape culture is another problem that gets focused on. Now you may go with the "boys will be boys" arguments as though men are nothing but raging beasts. But I don't buy it. If you teach boys that they can't control their urges and that "men rape, oh well, it happens" then of course they're not going to think it's that bad. Teaching boys/men to be accountable for their actions and to see the damage they cause is important. By ignoring rape culture we allow it to go under the radar and the people who do rape do not get punished.
For those people mentioning as a man you've been grabbed a few times. Those women shouldn't have done that. But being grabbed a few times doesn't take into account the magnitude in which women get sexually harassed. I basically cannot leave my house without being approached or followed. No make up, jeans, hoody. It still happens where ever I go and it is extremely annoying and pretty scary when you know the person could overpower you. When the guy who delivers food holds my order hostage as he makes light small talk to keep me with him longer (every time and they never do it to my boyfriend), it seems harmless enough, but I should not have to put up with it. Without educating men that these advances are usually not well received how will we move forward? Many people saw the video of the woman walking through New York, I think most places aren't quite that bad, but surely you can see how grating that becomes if it's all the time? What if there were a way to stop this for future generations so girls could walk through the streets and not flinch when a guy looks at her. In the UK this kind of on street harassment is now considered a hate crime in some counties in an attempt to encourage women to report it. These problems may not bother every woman, but I for one hate it.

Another issue is maternity leave. Some countries now allow either the mother or the father to take paid maternity leave, giving the choice to the families themselves. Now hey, I'm not saying that women are as oppressed as we were in the 50s, but wouldn't that be nice? If it isn't assumed that the woman is going to give up her job? If the father has the opportunity to form a great bond with his child. This option is also pretty great for men in the fact that a lot of guys talk about it being unfair that the woman gets the children and the house in a divorce. She usually gets this because the mother has been the primary caregiver, but with full paternity leave this doesn't have to be the case. It would also hopefully encourage employers to promote and put more resources into female workers because the assumption wouldn't be that they'd have to pay for their maternity leave or have them walking out to raise a family. According to the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development, the economy could grow by 10%, adding £180 billion to growth, if women had equal pay and opportunities.

Gender violence is also an issue. I wrote a post a few days ago in the models only section about crime statistics, women vs men. Considerably more men commit crimes (over 80%), and more men are the victims of crime than women, including homicide, except in cases of intimate crime. While biological factors can lead towards violence, there is considerably more research leaning towards social learning theory playing a larger part. Maybe this cannot be helped, but it seems logical to look into the reasons and see if there are aspects of society that can change this. Not only does crime effect the victim, it also ruins the life of the perpetrator. And unless you are in fact a psychopath, people usually become evil rather than being born that way. An interesting part in crime, especially a lot of sexual crimes is they are often committed by those with learning difficulties or lower IQ's. This could be just the people who get caught, but possibly the lack in compassion doesn't come from some testosterone filled brain, but actually from not knowing better. Rape statistics also aren't some feminist propaganda made up, sadly they are very real.

These issues may not be something all women care about, or all men for that matter, and that is up to you. But they are issues I am passionate about, and are all issues which effect me personally because I am female. To say we no longer need feminism ignores huge amounts of social issues that go on in most countries to various different degrees. That you still have a voice is due to the women who believe in your rights, maintaining your rights comes from these women. You may not like feminists, but they have been working for you to have a better life. There are people who would like women to go back to being oppressed, and the reason women were oppressed for so long was because of people thinking that men could do no better and not pushing for change. There were women said they didn't mind it that much, they were comfortable. If we had listened to the women who just want to sit there accepting life as it is we never would have got where we are today. I makes me sad to hear women fighting the corner of just accepting that guys will rape and we're going to get sexually harassed. It is your choice, but I refuse to just lay there and take it. Please don't dis on women who don't want to just lay back and not call for change. They are in your corner whether you like it or not.

Forward thinking and talking about these issues helps improvement, I agree that I don't think radical feminism has a place in society, I don't think radical anything is particularly productive, but I definitely think feminism is still relevant. Though hopefully in the not too distant future it won't be and we can just maintain equality.

Eeek sorry rant! I wrote a very long essay on this subject recently, though this is more fun as I can ramble without all the references and statistics. I would post them in, but like, there's fuck loads and I'm not being graded (nor will anyone care if they don't agree anyway).

@cherrybomb1111 Your utter refusal to consider the beliefs of someone based on their principles is exactly what I take issue with. I picked two scholastic articles to illustrate my point, it is midnight and I am uploading clips. You have glossed over and dismissed me when I try to speak civilly.

Frankly, I don't have the energy to talk to someone who refuses to consider anything outside the scope of their own beliefs. Yes! Some men do have the urge to rape! Obviously! Rape happens! Some of it is sexually motivated! You are literally saying what I just said, yet you are discounting other scholastic views because? You want to believe anyone who identifies as feminist hates men? What's the axe here? See my above post on my feelings that feminism as a term is outdated.

If you truly feel so strongly about this, I would love to read your peer reviewed sources stating rape is purely sexually motivated and that men are swine who can't contain themselves. Something non-fringe, non Breitbart, published in a scholastic journal. You really, really want to push the idea that-- I am just spitballing here--- I and all feminists of every shade and tone believe all men hate women? Prove it. Give me a source. I will happily read it and have an honest discussion. I am using your words here.

I'm not sure what standards you of response you expected. You posted links to 2 long articles. She read them, and comment on, and included quotes that supported her argument She didn't engage in name calling, or any form of ad hominem attack. By the standards of internet forum this pretty damn good.

She didn't say that rape was entirely sexual, just the main factor. I personally don't think that's true, but the biological argument seems pretty sound. It seems to me that you are the one that might want to get out of your ivory tower and consider alternate viewpoints.

Frankly, placing faith in the accuracy of peer-reviewed psychology studies seems pretty foolish. A recent Science article showed the reproducibility of peer review psychology studies is no better than a coin flip. Meaning that if a peer reviewed study says People do X because of reason Y, more than 1/2 the time a different group of pyschology researchers reach a different conclusion.

She also didn't say all feminist hate men she said many. As I guy who's read a fair amount 3rd wave feminist stuff (thanks to ACF) it sure seems that way to me. Even if you don't.

Threadjacking happens, it still seems interesting to discussion to me.

scaled.php

@HiGirlsRHot Glad you found the discussion edifying but I tapped out of the thread. Please have the self awareness to respect that. I appreciate your viewpoint but you have demonstrated a clear, kind of salty bias over the years and I have exactly zero interest in a discussion with you here. DM invite stands but for now I have said all I have to say and I honestly don't know what you expected from that post, with regards to me specifically.

Well common sense says that you put 20 testosterone filled men that have had sex in weeks around a woman.. chances are it's gonna go south. Unless you are a badass bitch like GI JANE.
Love that no men on the forum liked this post. HIgh five, dudes. You deserve more respect than to be talked about like out of control sex monsters whose respect for women dwindles by the moment after a sexual encounter.

What turns a human into a person in your opinion?
The long, painful, arduous, expensive, body changing, life changing, possibly life taking work that a birth mother puts into pregnancy. We talk so much about pregnancy like it's cute in America at least, that huge undertaking of pregnancy gets disregarded. I am not a fan of being pregnant. I love giving birth. I love being a mother. For those reasons, I can go through it with love and care. But, no one should be forced to.

If anyone is feeling stressed by this thread, and thinks it would help them to just unload with a turd rating, facepalm, or a chill pill, feel free to do it on this post.

Won't bother me in the least.

@justjoinedtopost Are you still on the turd quest? I am 1000% behind the cause. My one ragret is not having more turds to give, you selfless, shitty angel, you.

This has been a terribly enjoyable discussion to read and considering it's one of the MOST sensitive topics that can possibly be discussed, it has been pretty darn Civil. *knock on wood* It might be off topic but it's darn good and topic inspired so I'm happy it's here!

This has been a terribly enjoyable discussion to read and considering it's one of the MOST sensitive topics that can possibly be discussed, it has been pretty darn Civil. *knock on wood* It might be off topic but it's darn good and topic inspired so I'm happy it's here!
And that's why I'm not locking it yet.

Just stop being grimy little children with the post ratings. All of you.

I always appreciate reading these discussions. This is one of those topics that I find myself exposed to lot of echo chamber reverberation and very few alternate viewpoints. I particularly appreciate @Kitsune's description a while back of the family-centric worldview. It's not my view, but I think I get it better than I did before, and appreciate the breakdown.

I will try and break it down even more ... because I know some people have never been exposed to conservative thought.

I don't have any new gems to share, so I'll throw out the stuff I usually do when this comes up...

I was brought up with a very simple idea of feminism, best encapsulated by the famous quote "feminism is the radical notion that women are people". Note that this quote does not by itself say that "women are the same as men" or even "women are equal to men", but simply that they are, like men, people, and those things that are deserved by people, are deserved by them. With this definition, it always seems strange to me to hear any woman describe herself as "not a feminist," but I recognize that they are usually using a different definition when they make that statement.

...and I'll link the video I usually link about the word feminist, told by someone that has the same definition challenge I do....

It would be great if instead of saying "anti-sex feminists" we just said "misogynists".
They shouldn't be allowed to veil their crap by hijacking a decent human sentiment.
If you want to know about radical feminist views about sexuality, you can watch this video.

Status
Not open for further replies.